PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, Surfin'...

Waldo
08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
sucked today! Caught a bunch of small rollers at Sano but had a great time with the family.
However, like they say..."A bad day surfing is better than a good day at work". Same holds true for the riv as we all know.
Sorry suckas @ work. Enjoy the rest of your work day & weekend. :crossx:

TCN
08-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I have been checking the surf everyday and it has been small for the last few days. At least your getting out there. How warm is the water up there?

Waldo
08-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Just wearing trunks and a rash gaurd. Last week was awesome w/the southwest swell we had. I went out two days at Dohene and it was 4-6 foot w/70 degree water. I noticed it was colder today by a couple degrees but the sun was blazin'.
Only thing that REALLY sucked about today is that I as paddling back out after a wave and another guy squabbled on a wave and put a gouge in my rail w/his skag. No biggie though, my father-in-law had a small surf repair shop in his garage. The guy was totally sorry, but hey, it happens sometimes.

TCN
08-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Let me guess, you 2 guys were the only ones in that area and he still managed to hit you? We were in Havasu all last week so I missed that whole south swell. I usually surf La Jolla to Sunset Cliffs. I rarely venture north unless I am meeting someone and we know it's good. Kinda got lazy in my old surf age. My sister lives in San Clemente so I should go up there more but it is hard with 3 kids and a busy schedule. I guess I can't complain to much though because I have been in Havasu about 40 days this summer. If your ding repair is minor that Solarez works really good for a quick fix. Exoxy boards are different but the traditional polystyrene/polyester resin boards that stuff works good and lasts awhile. Good luck.

Caribbean Jet
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm going Sunday. Can't wait.

Goodtime$
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Its going to be small for a while. The bouys in la jolla are reading two feet at like 18sec periods...bring out the big boards and beer.
check surfshot.com TCN...thats the sd site you want.
Epoxys are made in china. Keep it usa made and paid. Support local shapers.
anyone in pacific beach, will be down on the point with my single fin and CLs. River is far away.

TCN
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Its going to be small for a while. The bouys in la jolla are reading two feet at like 18sec periods...bring out the big boards and beer.
check surfshot.com TCN...thats the sd site you want.
Epoxys are made in china. Keep it usa made and paid. Support local shapers.
anyone in pacific beach, will be down on the point with my single fin and CLs. River is far away.
I am and have been a paying member of Surfshot.com since it started but since the Clark Foam shut down the exoxy stuff has been used alot more and I am pretty sure that some of it is made in the USA. Regardless, enjoy the ocean and always be respectful in the water. Nick

Cs19
08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Surfed 56th in Newport today at about 11am.. Everyone had full suits on, WTF? I trunked it with no problem..Got a waist high set at best but still had a blast, rode my Stewart 9'0" LSP, perfect choice for the conditions.
CS.

Goodtime$
08-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Surfshot is pro. see you in the water and have a rad weekend guys.
CS- labor day weekend taco jam at my river house, bring the CP guys up if you have time.

blackcloud75
08-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Surfed 56th in Newport today at about 11am.. Everyone had full suits on, WTF? I trunked it with no problem..Got a waist high set at best but still had a blast, rode my Stewart 9'0" LSP, perfect choice for the conditions.
CS.
Glassy lefts!!!!!!!!!!!For da' goofy folk

code8
08-12-2006, 05:05 AM
Glad to see there are a lot of surfers on this site! I went out yesterday evening (Friday) at Termaline in Pacific Beach. The water was great. Very warm. Just wore my rash gard and board shorts. Something about surfing with out a wetsuit and the freedom is just great. The surf was like everywhere else, small. 1-2' but glass on the water. Still very fun on my long board. Since this was an off week for us not to go to the river, surfing is the next best thing. It's just my time for myself in the water to relax and get away from work and the rest of my hectic life. Were going to do an early dawn patrol Sunday morning at Scripps pier if anyones interested.
Have fun! :rollside:

bordsmnj
08-12-2006, 05:21 AM
i live too far north but still might paddle out some where sunday morn.

Waldo
08-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Let me guess, you 2 guys were the only ones in that area and he still managed to hit you? We were in Havasu all last week so I missed that whole south swell. I usually surf La Jolla to Sunset Cliffs. I rarely venture north unless I am meeting someone and we know it's good. Kinda got lazy in my old surf age. My sister lives in San Clemente so I should go up there more but it is hard with 3 kids and a busy schedule. I guess I can't complain to much though because I have been in Havasu about 40 days this summer. If your ding repair is minor that Solarez works really good for a quick fix. Exoxy boards are different but the traditional polystyrene/polyester resin boards that stuff works good and lasts awhile. Good luck.
It was actually quite crowded yesterday but he was the only one close to me. I hear you with the kids/family thing. Summer's usually the best for me as I teach. My in laws lives in San Clemente and we surf T street sometimes.

chub
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
I've been hittin Newland shoredump alot lately. Water temp in HB dropped last weekend into the 60's. Saturday 70's Sunday morning......Shrinkage OUCH!
Still trunkin it in the afternoon!
" The Waves were 90' and glassy bra."
Poi Dog.

Goodtime$
08-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Surf Report Saturday: Tourmaline Beach Park
ankle high, water in the low 70s, high 60s. 7 doods out
Sunny with light winds. I live a block up from the beach, great weekend for a paddleboard or some spearfishing.