PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell

TCN
08-11-2006, 06:37 PM
We are making our reservation for next summer and need input on the best houseboat rental @ Waahweep (sp) marina. We are interested in either the 59' or 75' boats. Thanks in advance. Nick

INSman
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Nick
My share on a beautiful 75' Houseboat will be up for sale after this years trip, which is coming up next week. Includes(2) Supercharged SeaDoo's and is a First Class boat with only (9) other owners.
http://www.windwalkerhb.com/
Our boat is the Windwalker. The boat is less than (3) years old and launches out of Wahweap.

Titan7
08-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I have rented out of Wahweep the last 4 times we have gone. We always got the 59' Admiral class boat which is now the Discovery. They are good, there were a few small problems the first time we went but now I know what to look for and have hand picked my boat each year. Those boats are getting older.
I am leaving on Sun 8/27 for a week at Powell on their new Odessey 75' boat which looks awesome. It's really expensive $11,231 per week :220v: With 5 couples it's not too bad.
It has 6 staterooms, a hot tub on the top deck and 3 bathrooms, it's looks really nice!! I can't wait!!

havasu5150
08-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Our group is thinking about doing a week or so at Powell next year. What is the best month to go weather wise?

91nordic29
08-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Our group is thinking about doing a week or so at Powell next year. What is the best month to go weather wise?
why, the first week of august, of course! (see POWELFEST threads) :)

TCN
08-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. I think the info I am looking for is which rental company @ Wahweep have people used and been happy with. There are a few different ones but I am just looking for the one that seems to make the customers happy. We have never been to Powell so I am reluctant to spend 20-40K on a time share on an unknown vacation. I am sure we are going to love it and want to do it every year for the rest of our lives and I will kick myself for not buying the timeshare now but sometimes I have to learn the hard way. We are going to make our reservation in the next week so the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nick

INSman
08-12-2006, 08:11 AM
I think it is ARAMARK that has the semi exclusive concession on Powell for houseboat rentals.
http://www.lakepowell.com/houseboats.php