PDA

View Full Version : Saw the new ..."K69" today

steve d
08-11-2006, 06:43 PM
They say it's ready to ROCK!!!

boatguy222
08-11-2006, 07:17 PM
So is the plan to run at Devils lake or Parker?

steve d
08-12-2006, 05:28 AM
So is the plan to run at Devils lake or Parker?
It's at the Long Beach Marine Stadium as we speak. Not sure about the future
....I'll ask

superdave013
08-12-2006, 06:01 PM
They say it's ready to ROCK!!!
It rock and rolled alright!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-12-2006, 06:19 PM
It rock and rolled alright!
Yes it did....

lilrick
08-12-2006, 06:28 PM
looks like we can't get enough o' this shizzle!!!!

MikeF
08-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Likely... it gets a little tough to see those rollers through the capsule. Kinda rocked back and forth and spunout before the turn pin. Went in transom 1st after a couple of hops. Darn! Couldn't tell but it looked mostly unscathed and Driver was in good shape.

MBlaster
08-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Did they run the K's last because of the incident? Who won?
I had to take off at 5:45 :cry:

MikeF
08-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Did they run the K's last because of the incident? Who won?
I had to take off at 5:45 :cry:
Nope.....The K's couldn't finish their heat cause of the mishap. The Nostalgia boats eventually went out and that's when the BIG Patterson went up on the rocks on about the 4th lap. It was struggling to get around the turn pin and pushing.....the rudder couldn't keep it turning and it kinda just drove up onto the rocks. That's about the time we left. Saw Jerry up on the lift.....he might have got some footage of it?! :boxed:

dmontzsta
08-12-2006, 08:41 PM
That really sucks, I know there was lots of work put in to that boat, then for that to happen, really sucks.

wsuwrhr
08-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I dont know shit about circleboat racing,
Seems like it mirrors exactly what happened to the K-5.
Could the balance be off with the capsule in it?
Drag boats with capsules don't run in bad water so they don't get turned around as easy right?
Brian

disco_charger
08-12-2006, 10:33 PM
The Patterson with the Allison?

mbrown2
08-12-2006, 10:40 PM
The Patterson with the Allison?
Yes...had to lift it off with crane.

flat broke
08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Good to hear they got it off the rocks. It sucked watching the Lifegaurds hosing down that mill with saltwater. We left around 6:30 and didn't see the damage up close, hopefully the hubub was more about fuel getting loose than damage to the boat being so bad there was no way it could make it back to the ramp.
Chris

bordsmnj
08-13-2006, 06:12 AM
the transom separated form the hull at the cav plate. sad deal but fix able

steve d
08-13-2006, 06:17 AM
the transom separated form the hull at the cav plate. sad deal but fix able
Was this the cause of it....Steve

stickmann
08-13-2006, 06:44 AM
The name of the big Patterson is Super Cinders. It makes me weep that it went on the rocks.

bordsmnj
08-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Was this the cause of it....Steve
the accident you mean? no, i don't think so. not sure what cuased it and don't even wanna speculate. the damamge i was looking at(it happend about twenty feet from where i was standing) happend as a result of the "crash". i think the rudder being pulled back by the rocks it ran a ground on had everything to do with it."it" meaning the separation damage.

steve d
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
The name of the big Patterson is Super Cinders. It makes me weep that it went on the rocks.
I can tell you.........you're not alone........Steve

RiverDave
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
I got a pretty good look at the running gear of the boat when they craned it onto the trailer. The running gear looked damn near perfect. I couldn't tell you if the prop shaft was bent or not, but it looked pretty unscathed all things considered (prop even looked good!) I checked out the rigging on the transom where the rudder was attached. That stuff was unbelievably stout, it seperated the bottom of the transom from the hull, but all the hardware mounted to the transom seemed to be "in-line" and not bent. it sheered about a quarter to a half inch off the bottom of the rudder.. Really weird how it sheered it in a dead straight line. One of the guys was asking Bob (the guy that built the boat) if there was an "add on" or if the rudder was welded at one point.
There was some speculation as to what caused it, but ultimately it's a big boat on a tight course. The general consensus of the group was that the boat wasn't running fast enough for the rudder to turn it, but if you think about it..
The guy came around the 1st lap and just barely made the turn.. I heard he just barely made the second turn as well (didn't see it). Going into a turn even faster in somebody elses extremely expensive peace of history probably wouldn't have been on the forefront of anyones mind.. That and if it did come up short going faster it might've been destroyed all together.
The guy I was talking too (Bob) said "It's one of those things where being cautious can sometimes get you into trouble." Definately a neat old guy, and if your a machinist type and you get the opportunity to talk to him I highly recomend it. I'd love to go check out his shop sometime if anyone knows where it is or how to get ahold of him.
In any event, it's terrible that it happened, but it could've definately been alot worse. The boat is fixable and nobody was hurt.
As far as the LifeGuards spraying foam on it... Yeah that sucked, but it's there job. They don't know shit about boats and whats going to happen in any given situation and for that when dealing with an unknown I think it was the right course of action to "play it safe." It's not worth risking everybodies lives (in their eyes). I think it's dumb though that they made the driver of the boat fill out an "accident report" LOL.. It's a boat race, shit happens. I also think that this could've taken a VERY different road if the owner of the boat didn't do the right thing and go down to contain the fuel. The lifeguards were talking EPA / HAZMAT / and a whole other list of expensive (really expensive) shit over what was realistically nothing.. They were concerned that even a little bit of fuel had gotten into the water. At first becuase they were concerned that another boat could possibly set off a "fire on the water" scenario, but secondly (later) more for the traditional enviromental reasons.
This is something that the race coordinators should definately sort out in the future at Long Beach. They were claiming it's the responsibillity of the boat owner, and that bill could've easily wound up in the 10's of thousands of dollars. The nostalgic classes I thought were originally made so that the average joe could bring his boat out to race without breaking the bank. I would like to get involved with that at some point in the future myself, but I don't know if I would in knowing that if any of the oil seeped out of a flipped boat it might end up costing 10 - 20 grand to clean up and make sure the seagulls are ok?
RD

rossdbos
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
"This is something that the race coordinators should definately sort out in the future at Long Beach. They were claiming it's the responsibillity of the boat owner, and that bill could've easily wound up in the 10's of thousands of dollars. The nostalgic classes I thought were originally made so that the average joe could bring his boat out to race without breaking the bank. I would like to get involved with that at some point in the future myself, but I don't know if I would in knowing that if any of the oil seeped out of a flipped boat it might end up costing 10 - 20 grand to clean up and make sure the seagulls are ok?
RD"
RiverDave:
The Nostalgia Classes were created for the reasons you mentioned in your posting. However, in Boat Racing as in ALL Racing, the issue of responsibility ALWAY'S rests on the Driver/Owner. If the boat crashes, sinks and can't be lifted out by the rescue team, the promoter/conducting club is only responsible to provide you the name and number of the Salvage company to do the job, which if you have your own means are more than welcome to do use. Next, we live in California where the "Tree huggers" and "Enviro-Nazi's" have control and they deem what the punishment/fines are for "soiling" the environment. Again if your boat crashes and the fuel/oil leaks and it is seen by any local, State or Federal agency the owner/driver has the resposibility for his/her craft. Now, in the 28+ years I have been in the sport, I have seen a lot of crashes, some spills, etc. and do you know how many fines were handed out?.........................Get ready.........................ZERO! This is not to say it can't happen or won't but it hasn't to my knowledge.
Now what happened to the Super Cinders was just an out and out TRAGEDY and I feel for Mike Leach, Dwight Moody Sr. and the team. I was contacted after the LB Lifeguard realized there wasn't just a hole in the bottom of the boat but that the fuel tank was ruptured and spilling fuel into the engine compartment thus the reason they were so quick to use foam. Leach grabbed Gas Cans and siphon hoses and pumped out the gas/foam mixture in order to prevent any spillage thus preventing any environmental issues.
So in conclusion, it sucked it happened and it almost was a disaster, not only for Mike but everyone. Thankfully the race community along with the fans helped out and averted a potential problem.
Hope this makes it clear.
Thanks for coming to the Races.
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

BADBLOWN572
08-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Ross, Bill Reiter and myself were the first ones on site when Super Cinders crashed. Additionally, we were the ones that were helping Mike get the fuel out of the boat. It appeared that the lifeguards were incorrect in saying that the fuel tank was punctured. We witnessed the fuel spilling out of the fuel fill. With the boat being on its side, all of the fuel drained from the stbd. side to the port tank. The angle of the boat on the rocks caused it to come out of the fuel fill. The tanks appeared to be in perfect shape. Once we got the fuel out of the boat, any/all leakage stopped.
I do believe that hosing the boat down 3x was a bit in excess, and the initial attitude of the life guard was not cheerful :yuk:, but it was their job and they have to cover their tail.
One thing that I really do have to say is that Greg Foster really stepped up to help out a fellow boater. That was one of the best things that I have ever seen. Talk about going completely out of someone's way to help a person in their time of need. Way to go! :)

RiverDave
08-15-2006, 09:02 AM
"This is something that the race coordinators should definately sort out in the future at Long Beach. They were claiming it's the responsibillity of the boat owner, and that bill could've easily wound up in the 10's of thousands of dollars. The nostalgic classes I thought were originally made so that the average joe could bring his boat out to race without breaking the bank. I would like to get involved with that at some point in the future myself, but I don't know if I would in knowing that if any of the oil seeped out of a flipped boat it might end up costing 10 - 20 grand to clean up and make sure the seagulls are ok?
RD"
RiverDave:
The Nostalgia Classes were created for the reasons you mentioned in your posting. However, in Boat Racing as in ALL Racing, the issue of responsibility ALWAY'S rests on the Driver/Owner. If the boat crashes, sinks and can't be lifted out by the rescue team, the promoter/conducting club is only responsible to provide you the name and number of the Salvage company to do the job, which if you have your own means are more than welcome to do use. Next, we live in California where the "Tree huggers" and "Enviro-Nazi's" have control and they deem what the punishment/fines are for "soiling" the environment. Again if your boat crashes and the fuel/oil leaks and it is seen by any local, State or Federal agency the owner/driver has the resposibility for his/her craft. Now, in the 28+ years I have been in the sport, I have seen a lot of crashes, some spills, etc. and do you know how many fines were handed out?.........................Get ready.........................ZERO! This is not to say it can't happen or won't but it hasn't to my knowledge.
Now what happened to the Super Cinders was just an out and out TRAGEDY and I feel for Mike Leach, Dwight Moody Sr. and the team. I was contacted after the LB Lifeguard realized there wasn't just a hole in the bottom of the boat but that the fuel tank was ruptured and spilling fuel into the engine compartment thus the reason they were so quick to use foam. Leach grabbed Gas Cans and siphon hoses and pumped out the gas/foam mixture in order to prevent any spillage thus preventing any environmental issues.
So in conclusion, it sucked it happened and it almost was a disaster, not only for Mike but everyone. Thankfully the race community along with the fans helped out and averted a potential problem.
Hope this makes it clear.
Thanks for coming to the Races.
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.
Ross, don't take my post the wrong way I was just kind of shocked when I was standing there and listening to the conversation between the lifeguard and Mike Leach is all.
RD

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 06:56 AM
So?
I dont know shit about circleboat racing,
Seems like it mirrors exactly what happened to the K-5.
Could the balance be off with the capsule in it?
Drag boats with capsules don't run in bad water so they don't get turned around as easy right?
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-16-2006, 07:27 AM
So?
Its true, you don't know shit about circleboat racing. :D

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Its true, you don't know shit about circleboat racing. :D
Didn't I already say that?
Is there an echo?
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I was just curious why two different boats, both with capsules, with two different drivers, on two different race courses, and two different days, both crash the same way.
Brian

RiverDave
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I was just curious why two different boats, both with capsules, with two different drivers, on two different race courses, and two different days, both crash the same way.
Brian
Coincedence?
RD

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Coincedence?
RD
Could be sir.
That's my question RD.

Wildchild80
08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Brian
In my opinion the 2 boats did not crash in the same way. The K5 boat needed to move some weight around to balance it out. The K69 boat had a failure on the overide system that caused it to crash. This part is the most important part NO DRIVERS WERE INJURED IN EITHER CRASH. We are going thru some learning stages with these canopies I think they will evolve into somthing that will work very well. Negative thoughts or bashing will not solve these problems.

Firecracker
08-16-2006, 02:51 PM
In my opinion the 2 boats did not crash in the same way. The K5 boat needed to move some weight around to balance it out. The K69 boat had a failure on the overide system that caused it to crash. This part is the most important part NO DRIVERS WERE INJURED IN EITHER CRASH. We are going thru some learning stages with these canopies I think they will evolve into somthing that will work very well. Negative thoughts or bashing will not solve these problems.
Well said. I agree.

stickmann
08-16-2006, 03:07 PM
It's taken Dave Villwock several years to make the SS400 Sunset Chev capsule boat handle like it did without one. Radical changes take patience to achieve success.

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Please sir, do not take my posts as bashing. I hope it did not come off that way. I appologize if it did.
I was just concerned because from what I READ on ***boat, it seemed both boats crashed the same way. I didn't know that the K69 had a mechanical failure either.
I would like to think of ***boat as a small cummunity and the drivers of K5 and K69 both post here. I was also concerned for their safety and I was curious as to their thoughts of why it happened.
I was just looking for information for my own knowledge.
Thanks,
Brian

MAXIMUS
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Please sir, do not take my posts as bashing. I hope it did not come off that way. I appologize if it did.
I was just concerned because from what I READ on ***boat, it seemed both boats crashed the same way. I didn't know that the K69 had a mechanical failure either.
I would like to think of ***boat as a small cummunity and the drivers of K5 and K69 both post here. I was also concerned for their safety and I was curious as to their thoughts of why it happened.
I was just looking for information for my own knowledge.
Thanks,
Brian
YEA.... WELL.... DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Fukin basher! hater! naysayer! lol I think what dave is concerned about is bad plublicity circulating around & putting an ill effect on the future of these monsters! I don't think you were bashing Brian but you sounded like Jerry backpeddling after getting caught with a bag full of dicks... :D

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
YEA.... WELL.... DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Fukin basher! hater! naysayer! lol I think what dave is concerned about is bad plublicity circulating around & putting an ill effect on the future of these monsters! I don't think you were bashing Brian but you sounded like Jerry backpeddling after getting caught with a bag full of dicks... :D
Well alright.
I reread my post and I still don't see how it can be taken as a bashing.

Wildchild80
08-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think you were bashing me I was just saying in general we have to give this new technology a chance. The boat at least looks cool, the handling will come soon with a little love and tweeking

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't think you were bashing me I was just saying in general we have to give this new technology a chance. The boat at least looks cool, the handling will come soon with a little love and tweeking
You quoted me in particular, that's why I thought you were referring to me.
That was the point of the post. I was just looking for opinions.
My idea was that the balance was off for circle racing versus drag racing.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Both boats definitely looked cooler than cool.
V-drive Video hates capsule boats, but as far as I'm concerned it looks the part.
"I am here to compete"
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Both boats definitely looked cooler than cool.
V-drive Video hates capsule boats, but as far as I'm concerned it looks the part.
"I am here to compete"
Brian
Wshuwrntschaflke,
I would appreciate if you would refrain from from "attempting" to speak for me. Where have I ever said I hate capsule boats? :rolleyes:

superdave013
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
the only thing worse then a basher is a skinny basher! :D

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Now that is funny.

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Wshuwrntschaflke,
I would appreciate if you would refrain from from "attempting" to speak for me. Where have I ever said I hate capsule boats? :rolleyes:
V-Drive-VideotohaveenoughmoneytoPAYforstainless.
Now I am officially backpeddling, which rarely happens.
You are correct, I dug up the post I was thinking of. I mentioned I thought it would be "cool" to motor on up to the sandbar in a capsule boat.
You did said "If you think capsule boats are cool"
I stand corrected.
Back to your regular programming.....
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
You could be skinny too big guy.
Brian

mbrown2
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
K69 looked good, accident aside....In the straights, it still did not appear to have the power of the K5 boat...maybe additional dialing in will change this...

the real k-boat king
08-16-2006, 08:16 PM
K69 looked good, accident aside....In the straights, it still did not appear to have the power of the K5 boat...maybe additional dialing in will change this...dave hasn't even got past half throttle yet, wait tell bakersfield, we'll have had more time to work on our project. :yuk:

The Real Kings Biggest Fan
08-16-2006, 08:18 PM
the 68 capsule boat looked good too. maybe next time they will try all eight cylinders!

Jetboatguru
08-16-2006, 08:46 PM
K69 looked good, accident aside....In the straights, it still did not appear to have the power of the K5 boat...maybe additional dialing in will change this...
Great observation Mbrown! That's because it had Joey Grose horsepower and not Welsh Gorgy puppy power. :p
:)

Cs19
08-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Some friends of mine were with a guy who had a radar gun at the races on Sunday.According to them the K5 boat was by far the fastest boat, well over 120 MPH when he had clean water.
Good job to that team, we met the driver of K5 Sat morning, cool guy, good driver too.
Chris

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Some friends of mine were with a guy who had a radar gun at the races on Sunday.According to them the K5 boat was by far the fastest boat, well over 120 MPH when he had clean water.
Good job to that team, we met the driver of K5 Sat morning, cool guy, good driver too.
Chris
When I was taping from the north side sunday, I could see the butterflys on the rear facing injectors as the guys ran down the back stretch. Once the pack spread out I could see the K-5 4 hole quite well. He was nowhere near full throttle. :cool:

the real k-boat king
08-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Great observation Mbrown! That's because it had Joey Grose horsepower and not Welsh Gorgy puppy power. :p
:)lets see my 427 ss out ran that 500 inch ps engine of grose, plus the only reason your boat ran so fast was because you had our prop and our driver.

MAXIMUS
08-17-2006, 04:44 AM
When I was taping from the north side sunday, I could see the butterflys on the rear facing injectors as the guys ran down the back stretch. Once the pack spread out I could see the K-5 4 hole quite well. He was nowhere near full throttle. :cool:
Those closet talents of checking out holes from the backside really paid off! Good work Jerry! I'm sure Gorgy would be obliged if you would give his holes a once over when he passes by... :messedup:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 06:49 AM
lets see my 427 ss out ran that 500 inch ps engine of grose, plus the only reason your boat ran so fast was because you had our prop and our driver.
Um, your Driver was good enough to overcome the weak suck power you provided him and outran Chris Kenner. That would be the long and short of it. I would love to hop in the PS 681 with the Joey Grose 500 incher and race Dave in the SS80 with the Puppy power.(No disrespect to Kenner) But we still have to settle the SS vs K issue in Phoenix or San Diego.
PS thanks for the propeller.

FlatStupid
08-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Has anybody else noticed that everytime theres a Rankin/Jennings vs Kinnaman/Scarlata the Rankin/Jennings entry mysteriously sinks! Can you say CONSPIRACSY!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I can remember in red Bluff this year as we were rolling to the ramp to race the SS Minnow and seeing them deliberately turning the boat over to avoid the race. Most definitely a conspiracy!!
One day the boys of the 80 team will stand up to pee!!

dossangers
08-17-2006, 07:30 AM
ChrisIt would have gone FASTER with the hat on the RIGHT WAY!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 07:35 AM
It would have gone FASTER with the hat on the RIGHT WAY!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
And again the peanut gallery chimes in. :p

dossangers
08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
And again the peanut gallery chimes in. :pIm not attending anymore races without my BOAT that was was worst time ive ever had!!!! :220v: :220v:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 07:46 AM
I may be way off base here but I think Janna may have something to say about that. I think would be great to have you racing Wayne. Is your mototr back together from the last blow up?

FlatStupid
08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
It would have gone FASTER with the hat on the RIGHT WAY!!!! :crossx: :crossx:Seems to me that old wore out orange boat's hat got a real good look at all those "CORRECT" facing hats in Burley!!! :rolleyes:

lucky
08-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Has anybody else noticed that everytime theres a Rankin/Jennings vs Kinnaman/Scarlata the Rankin/Jennings entry mysteriously sinks! Can you say CONSPIRACSY!!!!!!!!! :crossx:
yea i think they maybe trying to pull the "plug on this HOLE deal " lmao

MAXIMUS
08-17-2006, 09:30 AM
yea i think they maybe trying to pull the "plug on this HOLE deal " lmao
Are you speaking of the "Hole" K racing divison??? Or just their progam as a "Hole"??? :idea:

dossangers
08-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I may be way off base here but I think Janna may have something to say about that. I think would be great to have you racing Wayne. Is your mototr back together from the last blow up?I Guess 1 race a year for me. I mean ''EXHIBITION'' honey!! Tony engine is being accumulated as we speak. Ive got the WILTON shopping list. Bryant,carillo,dart I hope costco sells this stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

steve d
08-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I Guess 1 race a year for me. I mean ''EXHIBITION'' honey!! Tony engine is being accumulated as we speak. Ive got the WILTON shopping list. Bryant,carillo,dart I hope costco sells this stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
Sounds like a great start Wayne. ........Steve

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Those closet talents of checking out holes from the backside really paid off!:messedup:
Until you got rear-ended right? Lol!! :devil: :messedup:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
I Guess 1 race a year for me. I mean ''EXHIBITION'' honey!! Tony engine is being accumulated as we speak. Ive got the WILTON shopping list. Bryant,carillo,dart I hope costco sells this stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
Looks like Wilton is trying to "Wayne proof" the motor.
Just make sure the parts are torqued to proper specs and all should be good.

dossangers
08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
The Boats always TORQUEDwhen im driving it!!! :rollside: :rollside:

steve d
08-17-2006, 06:33 PM
The Boats always TORQUEDwhen im driving it!!! :rollside: :rollside:
Damn Wayne, with those type of components, sounds like you can run
an even shorter gear. :)

Hallett
08-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Damn Wayne, with those type of components, sounds like you can run
an even shorter gear. :) And maybe moor boost :220v:

Moneypitt
08-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Tony, the old motor was Wayne proofed, just not Ty proofed........As I recall, Wayne had top speed and quick time of the Burley regatta. The boat ran perfect for him, handled the water like it had a track just a few inches below the surface. A little different than that white capsule boat, and considerbly different than Duff's bolt eater, AND it looked terrific doing it. BTW Wayne, you're screwed, this racing stuff is addicting, and, admit it or not buddy, you're addicted. Now if the NKRA could set up a K class at Valleyfield next year...............................Ray

GofastRacer
08-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Tony, the old motor was Wayne proofed, just not Ty proofed........Ray
Not necessarily!.. :mad:

Jetboatguru
08-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Tony, the old motor was Wayne proofed, just not Ty proofed........As I recall, Wayne had top speed and quick time of the Burley regatta. The boat ran perfect for him, handled the water like it had a track just a few inches below the surface. A little different than that white capsule boat, and considerbly different than Duff's bolt eater, AND it looked terrific doing it. BTW Wayne, you're screwed, this racing stuff is addicting, and, admit it or not buddy, you're addicted. Now if the NKRA could set up a K class at Valleyfield next year...............................Ray
Get yer facts straight there Ray on who had top time. You are way off. But you have a firm grip. :)
Ty drove the K50 the way it is supposed to be driven and it went cablooey!. Not Ty's fault. From the pictures that Wayne put of of the carnage it looked as if the main caps were ripped right out of the block which means one thing, somebody didn't torque them properly. The K-50 handled great and Wayne did an outstanding job. I am not quite sure what you angle is on the White capsule boat. If you are saying that the K50 out performed and outhandled it then you have an amazing grasp of the painfully obvious.

Wildchild80
08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Um, your Driver was good enough to overcome the weak suck power you provided him and outran Chris Kenner. That would be the long and short of it. I would love to hop in the PS 681 with the Joey Grose 500 incher and race Dave in the SS80 with the Puppy power.(No disrespect to Kenner) But we still have to settle the SS vs K issue in Phoenix or San Diego.
PS thanks for the propeller.
What an a** wipe you don't have the balls to show up and then you say if you were there you would win. Face it Gilligan you were not there because you were skeered. Go ahead and hop in the PS 681 it would go slower Kenner has it all over your sorry a** The SS vs K issue is over we spanked your a** in Red Bluff and in Burley on lap times so pay up Dick He**

WHITIE
08-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Get yer facts straight there Ray on who had top time. You are way off. But you have a firm grip. :)
Ty drove the K50 the way it is supposed to be driven and it went cablooey!. Not Ty's fault. From the pictures that Wayne put of of the carnage it looked as if the main caps were ripped right out of the block which means one thing, somebody didn't torque them properly. The K-50 handled great and Wayne did an outstanding job. I am not quite sure what you angle is on the White capsule boat. If you are saying that the K50 out performed and outhandled it then you have an amazing grasp of the painfully obvious.
Now that is a polite way of saying it..

Jetboatguru
08-18-2006, 07:23 AM
What an a** wipe you don't have the balls to show up and then you say if you were there you would win. Face it Gilligan you were not there because you were skeered. Go ahead and hop in the PS 681 it would go slower Kenner has it all over your sorry a** The SS vs K issue is over we spanked your a** in Red Bluff and in Burley on lap times so pay up Dick He**
So I am taking it that we are gonna finish up our race in San Diego or will it be Phoenix? Yeah, we didn't have the balls to show up in Long Beach. We were running skeered! Now we have a propeller that works half way decent and it seems to be stuck on the boat. We tried to pull it off yesterday but it seems to have welded itself to the shaft. If you need it back we can cut it in half.

dossangers
08-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Ty didnt run my boat any harder down the straights than i did. I had already spun a bearing in the 1st heat sun. As far as the torque it was correct! I sent the pics to World products and one of there engineers called me he said that block was an early block non splayed caps he said max hp for that block was 900 range! Now that block already had over 50 nitrous pass's over 8500 rpms I flat WORE it OUT!! It lasted all weekend Zero problems I have NO complaints about that engine. Next year will be a different story the KING of HP has got all winter to tinker!! :) :) :)

Wildchild80
08-18-2006, 08:57 AM
So I am taking it that we are gonna finish up our race in San Diego or will it be Phoenix? Yeah, we didn't have the balls to show up in Long Beach. We were running skeered! Now we have a propeller that works half way decent and it seems to be stuck on the boat. We tried to pull it off yesterday but it seems to have welded itself to the shaft. If you need it back we can cut it in half.
Nice Guy loan him a prop so he can run decent and then he steals it from you. The price for that prop is $6,500 American dollars. If you can't pay I will remove it from your boat. I will get my prop back but you may not recognize your boat.m Pay UP Gilligan

Moneypitt
08-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Since when does accuracy count when stiring shit? You're saying MY spoon is too long, or too short? As long as the pot gets stired up, who cares. And NO I was not blaming Ty for anything. He did his job as he always does, well. What I meant was the stress of the turns, Ty style, vs Wayne style......Ray

MAXIMUS
08-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Nice Guy loan him a prop so he can run decent and then he steals it from you. The price for that prop is $6,500 American dollars. If you can't pay I will remove it from your boat. I will get my prop back but you may not recognize your boat.m Pay UP Gilligan
And while we are on the subject of returning shit! I WANT MY PUMP BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :notam:

MAXIMUS
08-18-2006, 02:30 PM
As a matter of fact...:idea: Tony just give me the prop & I will make sure it gets back to Dave... :notam:

Jetboatguru
08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Loaned me a prop? WTF? You yold Billy you didn't have the HP to turn the darn thing and not to let Gorgy know. We kept our end of the deal.
Ray, you are correct about the way the boat was driven by Ty. He drove it like a K boat should be driven, nothing more nothing less.
Maximus,
We already torched the propeller off and trashed it. Sorry about your pump but you should be careful of you lend stuff to. :)

the real k-boat king
08-19-2006, 05:00 AM
And while we are on the subject of returning shit! I WANT MY PUMP BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :notam:
max if I would of known you could talk sheep (BAAAAAAAA) we could have gotten together a long time ago.

the real k-boat king
08-19-2006, 05:02 AM
Loaned me a prop? WTF? You yold Billy you didn't have the HP to turn the darn thing and not to let Gorgy know. We kept our end of the deal.
Ray, you are correct about the way the boat was driven by Ty. He drove it like a K boat should be driven, nothing more nothing less.
Maximus,
We already torched the propeller off and trashed it. Sorry about your pump but you should be careful of you lend stuff to. :)
hey tony your prop shaft will last a lot longer if you use a prop puller, and you think we would give you a good prop what a dum a**

BIGCHRIS
08-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Theres alot of love in the circle boat community :boxed:

Jetboatguru
08-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Theres alot of love in the circle boat community :boxed:
Chris,
Nobody loves Gorgy as much as HE DOES

Wildchild80
08-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Chris,
Nobody loves Gorgy as much as HE DOES
Now look who's talking Tony checks out himself in the mirror more than most super models. I think the REAL reason he crashed the k-5 in Burley was it was the first time he drove a boat with mirrors and he was busy checking himself out instead of driving. But in tony's defense all the boys from Laguna Beach just love him.

lucky
08-19-2006, 11:07 PM
hey don't worry about toneys shAFT - IT IS ALL TAKEN CARE OF BY THE CREW ... HIS NUT IS ON TIGHT

08-20-2006, 06:06 AM
tony may have a problem with mirrors and getting off the cell, but at least he doesnt feel the need to tell you how good he was. celebrity deathmatch san diego scarlata vs the welsh gorgy. i would pay good money to see that!

Wildchild80
08-20-2006, 07:05 AM
tony may have a problem with mirrors and getting off the cell, but at least he doesnt feel the need to tell you how good he was. celebrity deathmatch san diego scarlata vs the welsh gorgy. i would pay good money to see that!i'd rather have my 8 a.p.b.a. championships than 2 ihba titles who you raced who? and how many boats at a time. bring your money to san diego I'am ready any time. and hey tony just post under your real name.

08-20-2006, 12:33 PM
this aint tony big guy. and my 16 ft fish rite with its 24 horse go devil has smoked so many canoes its not funny! it does over 30 at 1/4 throtle. you want to mess with that? im just giving you shit. your career is impresive to say the least. i wish i couldve seen you run. so lighten up. :)

Jetboatguru
08-20-2006, 03:46 PM
i'd rather have my 8 a.p.b.a. championships than 2 ihba titles who you raced who? and how many boats at a time. bring your money to san diego I'am ready any time. and hey tony just post under your real name.
Wow,
How do those sour grapes taste? 8 Championships? That sure is a lot. Was this back in the day when they wore leather helmets? Sorry There werent more people running in IHBA K class when we got into it. But the water is warm for you guys to come into the pool.
The mirrors weren't installed on the K-5 when it crashed. But if you want to talk about Ego maniacs, Check out how many pics Dave has of himself in his trailer. It looks like a Dave Rankin Shrine. BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAHHAAAA

taxman
08-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I just want Rankins Secretary!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildchild80
08-21-2006, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Wow,
How do those sour grapes taste? 8 Championships? That sure is a lot. Was this back in the day when they wore leather helmets? Sorry There werent more people running in IHBA K class when we got into it. But the water is warm for you guys to come into the pool.
The mirrors weren't installed on the K-5 when it crashed. But if you want to talk about Ego maniacs, Check out how many pics Dave has of himself in his trailer. It looks like a Dave Rankin Shrine. BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAHHAAAA
] What do you expect me to put up in my trailer pictures of everry Superstock kicking YOUR ass. Get real ass w***. Get a new S Boat and come out and play with the men (from what I have heard you have a fetish for guys anyway). Play on a equal playing field, bring your cash and your towel we will see there GILLIGAN

lucky
08-21-2006, 05:53 AM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Wow,
] What do you expect me to put up in my trailer pictures of everry Superstock kicking YOUR ass. Get real ass w***. Get a new S Boat and come out and play with the men (from what I have heard you have a fetish for guys anyway). Play on a equal playing field, bring your cash and your towel we will see there GILLIGAN
wowzeeer - Wasn't gilligan bangin maryann ? and Ginger --
You go Mr. Howell

BILLY.B
08-21-2006, 05:58 AM
It's to early for popcorn but this is some good $hit. Nothing like taking swipes at each other and then putting the "happy face" at the end of it to make it all in fun. Come to think of it I didn't see any "happy faces". Must mean you guys are really serious. Thank God you guy's have all that cash in the bank from all those "CHAMPIONSHIPS" so you don't have to work and can spend all your time on the computer. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

lucky
08-21-2006, 06:05 AM
It's to early for popcorn but this is some good $hit. Nothing like taking swipes at each other and then putting the "happy face" at the end of it to make it all in fun. Come to think of it I didn't see any "happy faces". Must mean you guys are really serious. Thank God you guy's have all that cash in the bank from all those "CHAMPIONSHIPS" so you don't have to work and can spend all your time on the computer. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
Good moring billy

BILLY.B
08-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Good moring billy"Moring" Lucky.

Jetboatguru
08-21-2006, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Wow,
I try to stay away from racing your team in the SS class. Your last driver hit me going into turn 1. No sir, you just keep building your shrine with pics of yourself. I especially like the one of you in the french maid outfit dusting the Minnow. Nice touch there. So we are going to finish this race in Phoenix on the K course? Your lackies don't get to drop the flag.
Oh, and :yuk:

dmontzsta
08-21-2006, 08:03 AM
wow, I just caught up on this thread...it is great. :)

Wildchild80
08-22-2006, 05:02 AM
I try to stay away from racing your team in the SS class. Your last driver hit me going into turn 1. No sir, you just keep building your shrine with pics of yourself. I especially like the one of you in the french maid outfit dusting the Minnow. Nice touch there. So we are going to finish this race in Phoenix on the K course? Your lackies don't get to drop the flag.
Oh, and :yuk:
FINISH THIS IN PHOENIX!!!!!!, This deal was finished before it started. You might have a shrine in your trailer too if you could stay on one team for more than 2 races. So in the spirit of good sportsmanship we will help you find your ass and then we will hand it too you again. Maybe your team can equip it with a "CLAPPER" so all you have to do is clap your hands to find it when you lose it again

Jetboatguru
08-22-2006, 07:18 AM
FINISH THIS IN PHOENIX!!!!!!, This deal was finished before it started. You might have a shrine in your trailer too if you could stay on one team for more than 2 races. So in the spirit of good sportsmanship we will help you find your ass and then we will hand it too you again. Maybe your team can equip it with a "CLAPPER" so all you have to do is clap your hands to find it when you lose it again
Lets recap for the slower people (Dave Rankin)
K-5 team formed in 2004 and been together ever since.
SS68 drove for Jeff for 1 year and Jeff got back in the seat after purchasing a capsule boat.
TAF535 formed in 2002 and been together ever since.
Not much team jumping going on here.
Maybe you could keep a driver for more than a year! I have already heard rumors that Bryant is tired of having you guys hit on him at the races and he is checking out other options. Billy told me in Long Beach that he overheard Bryant screaming in your trailer "Dave for the love of God, put that thing away I am married and I am straight. And How did you get that donkey in the trailer?" Thats between you guys.
I really appreciate you being sporting and "allowing us to finish the race in Phoenix"
Oh, congrats on knocken em down in Virginia!

TAF
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Lets recap for the slower people (Dave Rankin)
SS68 drove for Jeff for 1 year and Jeff got back in the seat after purchasing a capsule boat.
Maybe you could keep a driver for more than a year! I have already heard rumors that Bryant is tired of having you guys hit on him at the races and he is checking out other options. Billy told me in Long Beach that he overheard Bryant screaming in your trailer "Dave for the love of God, put that thing away I am married and I am straight. And How did you get that donkey in the trailer?" Thats between you guys.
"
QUOTE]
Dang Tony, I'm gunna have to keep tabs on you in San Diego so that these circle boys don't kidnap you across the border to Mexico to the donkey show. I've heard about 'em and I don't go there (Mexico or the other) Just ask Lucky. If things get outa hand maybe my sis'll get it on film. Hey Lucky are you going to be in SD?
Good Luck!

Wildchild80
08-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Heck we don't have to kidnap him. Tell him about the donkey and he will be the first one in the car. Besides all we really would have to do is call imigration they will have the green bus there in the pits to haul him back to TJ

lucky
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Lets recap for the slower people (Dave Rankin)
"
QUOTE]
Dang Tony, I'm gunna have to keep tabs on you in San Diego so that these circle boys don't kidnap you across the border to Mexico to the donkey show. I've heard about 'em and I don't go there (Mexico or the other) Just ask Lucky. If things get outa hand maybe my sis'll get it on film. Hey Lucky are you going to be in SD?
Good Luck! I am now lol -- No not going to make s/d - hey where's that donkey show again ? lmao

Jetboatguru
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Heck we don't have to kidnap him. Tell him about the donkey and he will be the first one in the car. Besides all we really would have to do is call imigration they will have the green bus there in the pits to haul him back to TJ
You did not just throw the race card!
Wow, now that is the last defense for the less intelligent.
Don't make me go to the age card gramps!

fergmeister
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Tag. Found you Rob & Hang. And y'all say dudes in Texas are redneck. Not after reading this stuff.

TAF
08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Tag. Found you Rob & Hang. And y'all say dudes in Texas are redneck. Not after reading this stuff.
Oops he's on to us! Nut'n rong wit B'n red nek! Y'alls seen where I live? BBFE!!! Beyond B.tt F'n Egypt (am I allowed to say that here?)Weez got'm here in AZ too. I done saw one in the mirror dis morn.