PDA

View Full Version : Malibu Boat factory tour, with Pic's

Troubles No More
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
This is a cool tour, I went up last week with a friend to view the build processes, they will answer all your questions, take you from start to finish, The pictures are from the first week in Aug, just some random picÂ’s of the boats.
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/troblesnomore/

lalhc
08-12-2006, 08:45 AM
My dock neighbor in Lake Arrowhead just purchased a new 24' Malibu like that. It's a great looking boat.

Coach
08-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Great Pics. I was very close to buying a 23 LSV. I have desided to go with the new Tige RZ2. Tige really got their act together for this boat. Although I willl be the first to say they copied many of the things Malibu all ready does on the interior. But to that the Tige ride with the Malibu interior was the best of both worlds for me.

Troubles No More
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Great Pics. I was very close to buying a 23 LSV. I have desided to go with the new Tige RZ2. Tige really got their act together for this boat. Although I willl be the first to say they copied many of the things Malibu all ready does on the interior. But to that the Tige ride with the Malibu interior was the best of both worlds for me.
Coach
this is my .02 for what it is worth...
I have two friends that we spend a couple of weeks of vacation with each year. One has the 21 Tige and the other has a Malibu Response lxi. After driving, skiing & riding in both it is my opinion that the Malibu has held up better with the normal wear & tear. I think the reliability and durability of a boat is related both to the design and the quality of components.
Off to go boat shopping, I paid a visit to two Malibu dealers and the one Tige dealer. I was impressed with the Malibu Ventura dealer and the Murritea dealer, the Murritea dealer is setting up shop in a new building, but they were very helpful. I was not happy with the Tige dealer after paying a visit to the store, to concern with selling all the aftermarket equipment for the boat.
Now my friends know IÂ’m looking for a ski boat, and I asked my buddy with the Tige if he was happy with his boat, would he buy it again? He is ok with the boat but not the service after the sale. If he had to do it over again, he would check out other boat dealers, He said to check out Paradise Watersports, the Malibu dealer in Murritea, nice boat with good customer service. His .02
After having my own problems with the Mastercraft dealer in years past and no problems with my Howard Bullet, I always check for three things, quality, price, and service before and after the sale. I check with friends and past customers about the boat dealer. It is just as important, After-Sales Service. I want to know that IÂ’m welcome to come back, to ask for advice, to see wants new, or just to visit.
Best of luck with your new boat..

Coach
08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks TNM-
I did work with Chris at Paradise and he is a great guy. I am really impressed with Tige Watersports in Corona. I did get input from many buyers from both dealerships and got an overwhelming positive response from both. The fit and finish of prior Tige's was not up to par with me and that is why I was ready to buy a Malibu until the release of the RZ2. Tige made some major changes, based upon customer feedback, and has really done an outstanding job on this boat. I did look at the Malibu 23 LSV, MC X-30 and Tige 24 Ve (not that impressed) but then demo the RZ2. I was ready to write off Tige but am going to place an order this week based upon other owners and how Tige Watersports in Corona has treated them and more importantly the quality they have put into the new boat. Don't get me wrong, the Malibu is a very nice boat and I was a day away from putting my money down on a new 23 LSV (then the RZ2 was released). Chris is a good guy and was disapointed I was not getting a BU but was very intrested in what Tige was doing differently that swayed my desicion. And in the long run I find that I was wrong in my choice then I will end up at Paradise buying a boat from Chris.

roln 20s
08-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Malibu is a great company with some unbelievable boats. My fam still have a 1995 Malibu Echelon LX-- over 1000 hours and hasn't missed a beat yet. Just put a new interior in the boat--yes, ordered from the factory as a kit. I've taken the tour and have to say it was the BEST boat factory/operation I have EVER seen. Its unbelievable-- I don't know any other factories that have some much R&D and CAD technology-- without seeing it, its truely hard to believe. For those that may not know, its an employee owned company which is the reason why they lose one employee about every 4 years. Who would want to pass up that $$ in profit sharing each year-- can you imagine being a millionaire gel coater :) :D
Interesting fact--the owner/creator of Tige Boats used to be a VP for Malibu :)
Great boats again, enjoy :)
Roln 20s

funkcity
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
We are the proud owners of a 40-hour-old 06 Malibu v-Ride.
With the Monsoon 340hp engine, the Titan Tower, ballast, cruise control, seating for 11, the wedge, and all the fine engineerining etc... it's a terriffic boat... and tons of hidden storage.
The difference is in Malibu's engineering R&D. They are always adding unique industry-leading features. My wife and I also took the Malibu factory tour. The largest boat manufacturer in California and the best selling watersports boat in the world........and now I know why! The employee-owned company started in a garage... and now....
We just finished our first family vacation trip to beautiful Lake Nacimiento in central California. I had to concentrate on not giving too hard a pull to the riders and skiers as the pull-out power is effortless.
Wakeboarding, cruising, wakeskating, wakesurfing, slalom skiing... we did it all and everyone in and on the boat was truly amazed and pleased with the overall versaility, fit & finish.
Sitting on a very nice custom Extreme trailer we couldn't have asked for a better overall total package!!

mbrown2
08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Nice pics and Malibu makes one of the best Ski/Wake Boarding boats......we have an 04 LSV loaded to the gils...hot/cold shower, heated seat, 3 heaters, you name it......even a 90Qt built in Ice Chest....its pretty much the reason I got rid of the cat....1/3 the price, same level of fun, more functional....200hrs+ and going strong...

NautiTwins
08-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I am partial to Nautique.
I have two buddies I go out with on a pretty consistent basis and both own Malibus. Granted they are newer then my boat, however they do not handle nor look as good as mine. Obviously everyone loves thier boat or else they would not own it. But when you local dealer comes to your house at 7pm on a Friday night because you can not get the boat started and they fix it and charge you half, because your truck is loaded and the wife and kids are standing in the driveway, that is priceless.

Hardly Satisfied
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
cool pictures

wetnwild
08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
We have the a Malibu manufacturing plant here in my area(also Mastercraft, Supra(skiers choice), Moomba, Yamaha jet boats, Sea Ray, Cobalt also Christenson Yachts are coming soon) and the Malibu plant manager is great, actually everyone from Malibu that I know or even briefly met seem to be great. I actually, bought a Sea Ray and everyone thinks it was made here in the area and it was actually produced in AZ(which I think is funny). There seems to be good competition between the ski boats here in Tennessee. It also seems like wake surfing is the hot item.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Nice pix

SoCalOffshore
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
we have an '03 23' malibu wakestter lsv and love it. we have only 250 hours on it and will be putting it up for sale shortly. we have never had a problem or hickup. we puchased it from tilly's marine in ventura, ca. why are we selling? to get a new 247 of course!!! :)

SoCalOffshore
09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
pic of the malibu.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/100Malibu2.JPG