PDA

View Full Version : Note To Self; Always Bring Camera

Not So Fast
08-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Someday I'll learn; we go down to Windsor to watch the afternoons folly and me with out my camera AGAIN. Lots of commotion on the north ramp with Rangers, Havasu PD, SBSD and such. Seems some how this (I gotta get this correct or I'll be called a racist again) Asian (?) guy and his boat and trailer parted company and the boat was layng on it's side about 5' from the water with the trailer way up where you prepare to launch. He was talking about a mile a minute and sort of laughing? I guess he forgot to strap the boat down and it did the slide thing. By the time I got back they had pulled it back into the water with the PD Boat.
It was a open bow rider type Glastron of Chapparel approx 20' or so. Didnt look like there were any injuries, just lots of confusion. NSF

a catered life
08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
i thought them perfered pacific islander :p

Boatcop
08-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Seems some how this (I gotta get this correct or I'll be called a racist again) Asian (?)
What scares me is that this guy is now driving on the highways.

Not So Fast
08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Thats what I say about 75% of the time when watching the launch ramp follies :D NSF

Rexone
08-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Hopefully with the boat strapped down and the hitch locked on the ball. :rollside:

Ion
08-13-2006, 05:16 PM
This just has to be the same boat I saw when I was about to back my trailer in and retrieve my boat. It had some sort of coffee company ad on the boat and tow vehicle. I saw the same boat launch diagonally, yes...diagonally, taking up 3 slots on the ramp earlier in the day. I knew they were amateurs at that point.
The guy was approaching the ramp, in his boat, from the water, when all of a sudden he accelerated and continued to do so until the boat was completely beached on the concrete. It appeared like it was leaning on their truck, but some guy said he got lucky and missed it by a couple inches. Trailer was nowhere near the boat. Fortunately it looked like he had twin jet pumps, otherwise he would have chewed up the props and done severe damage to the lower units. There were many who took pics, so I'm guessing its just a matter of time until some show up here.
On another note, a different Asian guy, at the same time, pulled up his boat with lower unit still all the way down, proceding to grind it down as he progressed up the ramp. Finally he listened to everyone yelling at him and ended up with a bit less than half a skag.
I thought I had seen it all!

Jyruiz
08-13-2006, 05:21 PM
One of these weekends, I am going to have to go to Site Six or Windsor with a chair and enjoy. It is amazing, my wife has been learing how to back up the trailer, and she is not having 1/10 the issues some of these people have backing up.

RitcheyRch
08-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Forget the camera. Bring a video camcorder and send the stuff in to America's Funnies Home Videos.

Jbb
08-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Just like that time Brown filled out that card and sent it in for that truck driving school......"Time to hit the open road" he sez......lol....He called in sick the day they were talking about securing the load.... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860102665.jpg

RitcheyRch
08-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Someone better have been fired over that.
Just like that time Brown filled out that card and sent it in for that truck driving school......"Time to hit the open road" he sez......lol....He called in sick the day they were talking about securing the load.... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860102665.jpg

hoolign
08-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Someone better have been fired over that.
I just said a lil prayer ..that is so many degrees of wrong! :mad:

Not So Fast
08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
This just has to be the same boat I saw when I was about to back my trailer in and retrieve my boat. It had some sort of coffee company ad on the boat and tow vehicle. I saw the same boat launch diagonally, yes...diagonally, taking up 3 slots on the ramp earlier in the day. I knew they were amateurs at that point.
The guy was approaching the ramp, in his boat, from the water, when all of a sudden he accelerated and continued to do so until the boat was completely beached on the concrete. It appeared like it was leaning on their truck, but some guy said he got lucky and missed it by a couple inches. Trailer was nowhere near the boat. Fortunately it looked like he had twin jet pumps, otherwise he would have chewed up the props and done severe damage to the lower units. There were many who took pics, so I'm guessing its just a matter of time until some show up here.
On another note, a different Asian guy, at the same time, pulled up his boat with lower unit still all the way down, proceding to grind it down as he progressed up the ramp. Finally he listened to everyone yelling at him and ended up with a bit less than half a skag.
I thought I had seen it all!
You know what, I told me wife that the only other thing that could have happened was what you just said but then I said "NAW, that couldnt be it" Thank God this guy didnt run over someone. And people ask me why I avoid weekend launching :idea: NSF

Devil's Advocate
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Always gotta be camara ready.

RitcheyRch
08-13-2006, 05:59 PM
So true.
I just said a lil prayer ..that is so many degrees of wrong! :mad: