PDA

View Full Version : Block Walls - Mansonry - Havasu

Riveratz
08-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyone here or know anyone in Havasu that does Block Fence walls? Also what is the going price per foot at 5' tall?

Havasu1986
08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Is this a retaining wall or a free standing wall. Big difference

Riveratz
08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Is this a retaining wall or a free standing wall. Big difference
Free standing wall. I have the retaining walls in now I just want to go around the perimeter of the back yard. All Flat about 220'

djunkie
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
We used Cutting Edge Masonry for our wall. They were the best price out of the other quotes we had. It took about 2 months for them to get to ours though cause they were so backed up. But once they started it was done in less than 2 weeks. 1 week to build. and it was stuccoed the following.

Riveratz
08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
We used Cutting Edge Masonry for our wall. They were the best price out of the other quotes we had. It took about 2 months for them to get to ours though cause they were so backed up. But once they started it was done in less than 2 weeks. 1 week to build. and it was stuccoed the following.
Cutting edge did my Retaining walls and did a great job. Only problem is he is booked out 3 months right now so I was just putting feelers out. Guess I need to go into the block wall business out there... LOL

djunkie
08-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Cutting edge did my Retaining walls and did a great job. Only problem is he is booked out 3 months right now so I was just putting feelers out. Guess I need to go into the block wall business out there... LOL
Ya it was that way with us too. We weren't in a hurry so we told him when ever you get to it. 2 months later we get a phone call telling us our wall is done. No money up front or anything. No stress involved. :rollside:

Havasu1986
08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Andre with Colorado River Block Walls did mine. # is at work.

phebus
08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Andre with Colorado River Block Walls did mine. # is at work.
I'll dig it up and post it later.
Good seeing you the other night Bobby.

Kilrtoy
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Stuck in the Mud Masonry
(928) 854-5385
Good guy, not on drugs and is reliable...
Does very good work

Devil's Advocate
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Stuck in the Mud Masonry
(928) 854-5385
Good guy, not on drugs and is reliable...
Does very good work
Happy 24 grand. Oh great, I'm at 400 now too. What the hell is this world coming too? :rolleyes:

blown428fe
08-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Think about having a firebox / cooker built in to the wall. Here is a pic from a pig roast we were at 2 weeks ago and was impressed by this guys stone work. I dont have a pic of the otherside of house had a good 4ft stone wall that was mint.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2344hhhh_048.jpg

franky
08-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Call Jeff at Masonry & More 928-486-3965. Shows up, gets in and gets out. Returns calls. Great work and fair pricing. Tell him you got his number from Frank. If you want I can meet him at your place if you are not around.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
PM me 700' in 2 days, do it now forcasts for cement make gas look cheap.

Hardly Satisfied
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Joe Vitela Masonry did a retaining at my old house in havasu he was not the cheapest but does awesome work and was there and done when he said 855-1615

Marty Gras
08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
A few years ago we took a number of bids, and we had "Hard Rock Block" (in the middle of prices) do $20,000 in block work for us. They bailed out at about $12,500 and we needed to find someone to finish the work. We called "Joe Vitella" and he quoted $9.40 per block to install ONLY the glass blocks. We had all of the materials and he just needed to install them. (aprox.110 glass blocks) My wife and I soon learned how to do glass block! I then finished the entire job, because no other licensed contractor would give a fixed viable price. (and stick to it) We have since done a few small projects with non- licensed people without problems. We wish we could find a contractor that will do what he has signed up to do on a contract. Most here in Havasu, want twice the normal amount to do a complete job, and others just won't ever get around to finishing the job. For our next house, on the hill overlooking the lake, we will use outside contractors and workers. Havasu contractors suck! Be very carefull while dealing with them!

Riveratz
08-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Think about having a firebox / cooker built in to the wall. Here is a pic from a pig roast we were at 2 weeks ago and was impressed by this guys stone work. I dont have a pic of the otherside of house had a good 4ft stone wall that was mint.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2344hhhh_048.jpg
Nice I love the idea.

missspent
08-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Eufemia 928-230-3574. She speaks the best English. Guys name is Jorge. Company name is Caribbean Masonry & Repairs. I found this guy when I sold his helper my truck. I wanted two "sort" of retaining walls to terrace my front yard. He came over, gave me the price, went got the block and went to work that day with his helper. No next week stuff. He is a former Cuban Special Forces guy who left in the early 90's after a General or two got whacked. I said, "how did you get here?" Looked me in the eye and said "swim!" Has that code and honor thing. Extremely dependable, fair and he works and shows up, a unique qualtiy in Havasu. Have seen pictures of other wall work in Havasu...very good. I am very happy.

XFactor
08-15-2006, 08:17 AM
This could be some cause for the 3 month delay. 100 ft accross the back of my lot at 13 ft high. 6 ft wide footing with a 6 foot pour in place wall then 7 ft of block work. One side gets 13 ft to zero. Start to finish estimated time 2 1/2 months. Huge wall. Real cheap too!! :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/243Havasu_Wall.JPG

prosthogod
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Block walls are a joke in havasu. we should start our own co. I got a quote for $152/linear ft. for 8'retaining wall. Also $75/ft regular wall. That is double the cost here in phoenix. I plan on bringing a crew from phoenix to get my walls done.

Hardly Satisfied
08-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Block walls are a joke in havasu. we should start our own co. I got a quote for $152/linear ft. for 8'retaining wall. Also $75/ft regular wall. That is double the cost here in phoenix. I plan on bringing a crew from phoenix to get my walls done.
sounds very truth when half the people don't finish the work and the others do good work they are charging for it what do you do