PDA

View Full Version : Toy Box info???

Warlockjer
01-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Looking to buy a 5th wheel Toy Box, 32 to 36 foot. Salesmen will tell you anything. Any suggestions, or experiences?? Will be towing with a F350, so weight is not an issue. Thanks

Riverkid
01-12-2006, 06:12 AM
There's a big selection in that range. Some friends of ours bought a Fleetwood GearBox 35'er. It's nice. They've only had it out a few times but everything works (and it's fully loaded). No probs.
Two other friends both bought new WW trailers. They are both having some warranty issues, but they are nice trailers overall...
Good luck.

riverbound
01-12-2006, 06:32 AM
First you have to decide what you need out of it. What kind of "toys" are you putting in the back. That will narrow down the field some.
For example our 40' alfa can fit at most 3 quads, or a Rhino and 2 dirt bikes in the back. It has a very small "garage section. but we wanted a better living area and seldomly need that much garage.
even with an F-350 weight will be an issue so keep that in mind. Our Alfa fully loaded with 3 harleys, water, and all the crap for camping weighed in at the trucks max weight. Yes it will get it down the road, but do you really want to put your family and others at risk?
Weekend Warrior does have one of the best names out there. and I have always heard good about them. They also have GREAT resale value (in the event you are thinking of selling anytime soon)
But it all boils down to waht works for you. look at as many as you can and you will know when you found the right one for you.

riverroyal
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I owned a Gearbox 30ft tow behind,now I own a 37ft fifth wheel WEEKEND warrior.They are both a POS,my gearbox was loaded with problems,my WW is even worse,its at the dealership being fixed right now.Here a quick run down,
roof leak causing carpet and flooring damage-new carpet
the interior walls delaminated-new walls
kitchen floor was damaged before we took delievery-new floors
ramp door rubber coating not sticking-repaired
front AC wired to the same breaker as rear AC,tripping the breaker-rewired
side door bent-new door
leak under the bathroom-ongoing
back ramp rusting-tough shit
oven pilot broke-new pilot thingy
fridge LCD board bad-new board which I installed at the river
upgraded rubber floor buckling-ongoing item
fuel station pump worked for 5 seconds-new pump
new fridge doors-the old ones were ruined when the carpet was removed,they drug the carpet backing down the doors
Im gonna stop,theres more
So my advise is dont think because it is the most expensive its the best,they are all built the same,bad.
I can live with some issues,but the customer service at WW is VERY bad,trust me on this,I sat in their parking lot for 5 hours waiting for my trailer to be fixed.This is my first and only WW,never again.Save 15k and by something else.
It does tow well and holds 2 big atvs,2 kids atvs,and a rhino,so that part is good,and it looks cool.
Looks like im bashing WW,but they way we were treated by WW I believe people should know.Beaudry RV where I bought it has been great,but even they complain about dealing with WW warranty issues,thats a bad sign right there.Other WW owners havent had any issues,its just the black cloud that chases me I guess...good luck

Havasu Luvr
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
We looked at 38'er range WW, Extreme and Fury. Overall it seemed to me that most were close to the same quality with a few difference in options and construction. It boiled down to the "Mighty Buck" Good luck with your decision Here my asessment
WW - MSRP $45K (willing to come down to $42K) one the of better homey ammendities but was NOT willing to pay that price.
Extreme - MSRP $45K (hold firm on price) able to custom build interior to meet your wants & needs but still alot of money.
Fury MSRP $45K (came down to $34K) + 2nd A/C and hitch installed. 3 layer aluminum interior panels (NO Flexing). No garage door so I have almost 18' of floor space (with no wheel wells). Easily loads 6 quads side by side. Almost 9' ceiling. alittle over 6' cieling in the master bedroom which means I can stand up with ou hitting my head.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/39PA292236.JPG

riverroyal
01-12-2006, 01:26 PM
trailer I should have looked at,saved a few bucks,they say resale on WW is the best,we will see,maybe soon :rolleyes:

riverroyal
01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I like the custom concrete pad

BeaverJ
01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Check your PM's

Warlockjer
01-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the info. Lots to think about.......