PDA

View Full Version : BUENA VISTA ON SUNDAY THE 20th...

SHIFTY
08-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Just Curious As To What My Boat Would Look Like If It Was Painted Gray...
Anybody Else Wanna Find Out?

Mrs.Racer277
08-14-2006, 10:03 AM
More like BROWN :yuk: Yuke water

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
we'll be there sat this week the 19th

beerjet
08-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Just Curious As To What My Boat Would Look Like If It Was Painted Gray...
Anybody Else Wanna Find Out?
Let me think about this .....
I'm gonna go with .....
gray :idea:

98 Vector 21
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
We be there with our new boat that will only be hours old, picking it up on Saturday....

SHIFTY
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Too Much Shit Goin On Saturday. Sunday Is My Only Hope...

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-14-2006, 05:49 PM
well if anyone goes sat. we will be on the west side again float'n. 27 blue yellow purple check advantage open bow "it'sonlymoney"
later
chuck

Mrs.Racer277
08-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Sunday darn it. Sheesh :)

JetBoatRich
08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Too Much Shit Goin On Saturday. Sunday Is My Only Hope...
Good to see you still have hope :)

dicudmore
08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
We be there with our new boat that will only be hours old, picking it up on Saturday....
will be there as well :cool:

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-15-2006, 03:16 PM
look foward to meeting some new hot boaters. just come by and yell chucky and i'll pop up.
have a safe trip
chuck

Mrs.Racer277
08-15-2006, 05:52 PM
will be there as well :cool:
You will be here when?????

98 Vector 21
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
You will be here when?????
Dan will be comming by to help with the break-in...

Mrs.Racer277
08-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Dan will be comming by to help with the break-in...
Cool......Congrats on the new boat......Make him come out on Sunday.....Please. :p

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Cool......Congrats on the new boat......Make him come out on Sunday.....Please. :p
thats our plan...and I don't drive 600 miles for just anybody so you'd better be there :cool:

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
DAMN 27ft advantage on BV. I grew up on that lake and a 18 foot jet boat was big. I remember riding in my old mans 19ft sea ray and turning up mud pulling skiers out of the water. I cant believe folks are putting the big customs on bv......... cant you guys leave one lake ( a mud hole at that) to us potato chip boaters!

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 04:16 PM
DAMN 27ft advantage on BV. I grew up on that lake and a 18 foot jet boat was big. I remember riding in my old mans 19ft sea ray and turning up mud pulling skiers out of the water. I cant believe folks are putting the big customs on bv......... cant you guys leave one lake ( a mud hole at that) to us potato chip boaters!
big negative on that one sir :cool:

98 Vector 21
08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Dan will be Sunday....

98 Vector 21
08-16-2006, 04:26 PM
You can have the lake I just need a good place to test at....other than that its all your's.... :)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-16-2006, 04:33 PM
LOL i have never been there scince i got my new boat, if i went it would be for the camping and partying only to have a ranger pop out from behind a tree and tell you to turn it down... Man good memories there! Have fun guys

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 04:37 PM
You can have the lake I just need a good place to test at....other than that its all your's.... :)
have your camera ready Wade...if all goes well I'll have test results ready to post before you finish parking the truck :p

Mrs.Racer277
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
thats our plan...and I don't drive 600 miles for just anybody so you'd better be there :cool:
Yippy!!!! WooHoo
I could say the same to you.....600 miles almost every weekend. :p
Ok note to self to not get F'd up Saturday night. :rolleyes:

marty722
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
it cost me way to much $$$$$ last trip. Locksmiths are very high $$$$$ on a sun night. :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:

a catered life
08-17-2006, 07:01 AM
it cost me way to much $$$$$ last trip. Locksmiths are very high $$$$$ on a sun night. :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
???

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-20-2006, 11:53 AM
saw the new boat and it is totally bitchn. thanks for the ride not only does it look good it hauls ass. i have picts but don't know how to post them.
you guys take care and we'll be out there again this sunday.
chuck

SHIFTY
08-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Nice Meeting You Guys...

Mrs.Racer277
08-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Nice Meeting You Guys...
Right. :rolleyes:

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Nice Meeting You Guys...
you too. can't wait to do it again.
chuck

pm069
08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Chuck: Thanks again for the ladies and the beer. It's real nice meeting folks from the boards, putting names with faces. Glad you had a good time as well. Wade's boat is a lot of fun. We came back on Sunday, and no one was around. Went to the west end to hang and mr. ranger informs us, "that there no swimming." I said "it's been that way for the past 20 years". Must of thought we were rookies with a new boat? Hope you get your "new" boat sometime. Paul

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-21-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah the rangers out there are out of hand. we got into with them pretty good at the begining of the summer but seem to have came to an understanding. they usually leave us alone now. don't want to cause trouble between the two departments. that's a stupid rule to worry about out there for sure. never mind the people going the wrong way, you know the important stuff.
anyways, had a great time good to meet every one and we'll be out there again this sunday.
be safe
chuck

Beer-30
08-21-2006, 06:53 PM
yeah the rangers out there are out of hand. we got into with them pretty good at the begining of the summer but seem to have came to an understanding. they usually leave us alone now. don't want to cause trouble between the two departments. that's a stupid rule to worry about out there for sure. never mind the people going the wrong way, you know the important stuff.
anyways, had a great time good to meet every one and we'll be out there again this sunday.
be safe
chuck
That's why you should be with a better department :yuk:

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-22-2006, 07:58 AM
oh you mean that one department that thinks they are above the law and don't care where you work, a ticket is a ticket because we're not brothers.
you mean that one:):):):):)

Beer-30
08-22-2006, 08:01 AM
oh you mean that one department that thinks they are above the law and don't care where you work, a ticket is a ticket because we're not brothers.
Yeah, that one......CDC. :boxingguy :rollside: :rollside:

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-22-2006, 08:06 AM
i didn't know cdc wrote tickets on highways:)

98 Vector 21
08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Thats good stuff....

Beer-30
08-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Thats good stuff....
Don't listen to him, Wade. He's been serving meals too long. The bar-clanging makes him crazy. :)

slingingsmoke
08-23-2006, 06:57 AM
I'd love to meet you guys @ BV, However my wife and I just got the keys to our new home in Bako....so It'll have to wait a few weekends till we get settled!
BTW: whe are new to Bakersfield, so I need to find out some of the good fishing/ boating/ hotspots....i.e. Kern river? Isabella? Lake Ming? fill me in w/ some good info: Beer-30 and Mrs Racer 277
thanks,
Jon

Racer277
08-23-2006, 07:23 AM
BTW: whe are new to Bakersfield, so I need to find out some of the good fishing/ boating/ hotspots....i.e. Kern river? Isabella? Lake Ming? fill me in w/ some good info: Beer-30 and Mrs Racer 277
thanks,
Jon
Don't know anything about fishing except,
Don't fall in the Kern River, we're up to about 200 dead now. :)
Isabella is awesome, and the rangers are few and far between. Gets windy between 1-4 though. After 4 it's awesome again.
The drive thru the canyon can be nerve racking, right now they are directing traffic. Once you get there you'll want to stay though.
Ming has days you can and can't use a powerboat (they may review that), but it also doesn't allow jetski's. :) Use it while you can, it's short lived.
BV is dirty, but close. The rangers are jerks, but it's close. Can't go fast there.
Success is ok. The rangers are ok. Just avoid Saturday morning, that's wash day. :yuk:
There's alot of nice boating here.
I'm sure the Mrs. will get in touch with you guys.
Welcome.

Mrs.Racer277
08-23-2006, 07:29 AM
I'd love to meet you guys @ BV, However my wife and I just got the keys to our new home in Bako....so It'll have to wait a few weekends till we get settled!
thanks,
Jon
Hello there.
Congrats on the new house. :) I was just thinking about that this past weekend. Let us know when you are all settled in.
Dia

Beer-30
08-23-2006, 10:25 AM
BV is kinda all-in-one. The "big" lake that you come to first after entering the grounds is the 45 mph, do what you want lake.
Lake Webb is just west of that one, with a divider gate for water passage. I believe it is 10 mph on that little lake, but they have pulled a record 62lb Catfish (I believe it was, not sure though) onto the shore. Previous record was 43 or something around there.
Don't know about Ming, never been on it. Good thing is, you buy an annual pass for the boat at the beginning of the year and that gets you on all the Kern Co. lakes. Just 6$ for the tow vehicle gets you in.

pm069
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Dan used to haul me around BV in a tube at 45. Was he just being nice or was that all his Stingray would do? I want to say that we did a little better than that, last weekend! :cool:

Diablo54
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
I go to Lake Isabella every weekend for the last few years. The lake is big the water is not too bad the wind does pick up but the last few weeks there has not been any wind. The like is dropping fast but still big. The rangers are cool never been pulled over they do check for lake permits. Plus it is closer to me. You should try isabella a few times ooo ya and there is no speed limit either and there are some nice beaches and camp spots.

Beer-30
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Dan used to haul me around BV in a tube at 45. Was he just being nice or was that all his Stingray would do? I want to say that we did a little better than that, last weekend! :cool:
Uh, no proof, but yeah. I was wondering if I would have some quick talking to do when we got back to the dock. They were sure eyeballing the boat after runs.

dicudmore
08-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Uh, no proof, but yeah. I was wondering if I would have some quick talking to do when we got back to the dock. They were sure eyeballing the boat after runs.
shiat saturday when I was driving I thought we were getting a ticket for sure...75 when I saw him and started backing off...oops

Beer-30
08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
shiat saturday when I was driving I thought we were getting a ticket for sure...75 when I saw him and started backing off...oops
Ya know, I have never had trouble with them. Not once. I take the boat out there at LEAST 10 times a year, and hit 60 at LEAST once each time. I don't think they will fuss as long as you're not being stupid.
Charles seems to have trouble with them, but that's common with Kern County employees.
I thought I was seeing closer to 5000 on the tach. I just glanced, though. You have ran it more than me.

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Ya know, I have never had trouble with them. Not once. I take the boat out there at LEAST 10 times a year, and hit 60 at LEAST once each time. I don't think they will fuss as long as you're not being stupid.
Charles seems to have trouble with them, but that's common with Kern County employees.
I thought I was seeing closer to 5000 on the tach. I just glanced, though. You have ran it more than me.
damb county employees i agree. we just like to let our hair down a little more than most that's all. there is a story behind the grief this year. we never had a problem until this year but it seems that we all have an understanding now and it is all good. we were even swiming and they drove by and waived and then yelled at some one else for being tied to the polls. who knows, i like bv for what it is. you still can't beat nacimiento though. only two hours away and it is beautiful lake and camping. we are going the last weekend in sept for a week or so.

Beer-30
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
damb county employees i agree. we just like to let our hair down a little more than most that's all. there is a story behind the grief this year. we never had a problem until this year but it seems that we all have an understanding now and it is all good. we were even swiming and they drove by and waived and then yelled at some one else for being tied to the polls. who knows, i like bv for what it is. you still can't beat nacimiento though. only two hours away and it is beautiful lake and camping. we are going the last weekend in sept for a week or so.
It just seems you guys are always having issues between the others. Not necessarily your department, but other KC depts. Parks and Rec with Probation or red patches or whatever. We just stay out of it. :boxed:
BV is exactly that. It is what it is. A great place to run out and keep the boat in good running order. We have watched many peeps get told not to tie up to the poles. I never mentioned it, cause I figured you knew.

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-23-2006, 08:06 PM
county jobs are definately drama. but is guess you have that every where. i try to stay out of it but it likes to find me sometimes. usually after to many beers. i wish they would extend quiet time in the parks to 11. who goes to bed at 10 when camping any ways. definately not us.
yeah we don't mess with the poles, found that out long time ago. just thought it was funny they didn't yell at us for swiming but had to say something to someone. stupid rules out there for sure
It just seems you guys are always having issues between the others. Not necessarily your department, but other KC depts. Parks and Rec with Probation or red patches or whatever. We just stay out of it. :boxed:
BV is exactly that. It is what it is. A great place to run out and keep the boat in good running order. We have watched many peeps get told not to tie up to the poles. I never mentioned it, cause I figured you knew.

98 Vector 21
08-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Right. :rolleyes:
Would have liked to catch up to you guys..What happened?

Mrs.Racer277
08-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Would have liked to catch up to you guys..What happened?
I flaked big time!!! Got home really late Sunday morning. Hope we can meet up soon. :)

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-26-2006, 07:42 AM
see every one if you can make it sunday tomorrow. we'll be in the same place at the same time with the same people.
have a good weekend guys and gals
charles

slingingsmoke
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
It just seems you guys are always having issues between the others. Not necessarily your department, but other KC depts. Parks and Rec with Probation or red patches or whatever. We just stay out of it. :boxed: .
Who is on what department?

Beer-30
08-26-2006, 12:57 PM
That's classified. :D

IT'SONLYMONEY
08-26-2006, 03:06 PM
That's classified. :D
departments are all the same, every one loves to hate us until they need us.
are you going to be able to make it?