PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Sunk Boat

later
08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
k Guy's.This maybe jumping ahead of things but need's to be approached.First time I sunk a boat and I need info about restoring the boat.What do I next.

Bigern
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Pics please :)

later
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Still waiting to bring it up.

Bense468
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I would work on bringing it up first. Its been down since 4th of July. Once you get it up, tear everything down for inspection is what I would do. Its not like it went down you recovered that day, and you are going to drain water and run again same day. Its time for a detailed inspection and go from there.

fleetimus
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
John,
Give me a call after she is up. I can share a little experience on that subject!!!!!

Bigern
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, i remeber in the early 90's, some ahole pulled the transom plug of a jet at crazyhorse. this thing was only underwater for a night. Drained oil and ran it twice, drained fuel tanks and fuel system, carb lines etc. fired right up a little wd-40 and carb spray worked great, but that was overnight. :mad:

later
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Het fleetumus.Got your fish finder.going out on thursday.Will keep ya informed.thanksJohn Case

Aluminum Squirt
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Obviously Fleetimus is one of the resident experts for unfortunate reasons so I'm sure he'll fill you in on this important detail. Not trying to make the job seem small but freshwater is good, nothing corrodes (sp). Its a chemistry thing but no salt doesn't make for a lot of easily removed oxygen from H2O so there is little if any oxidation, ie rust. I'm assuming your are in fresh water? Good luck-Aluminum Squirt

blown428fe
08-14-2006, 09:11 PM
John- I dont think it is as bad as people would think, dry out -freshen motor - tanks- gauges. The boat hasnt been down all that long. Ive been following this thread since it started and cant wait for you to pull that boat up. Best of luck to you and your help, wish I could be thier.