PDA

View Full Version : pump air bleed?????????

atxwrangler
08-14-2006, 06:18 PM
o.k. , i just bought one of the air bleed valves off of ebay.it came with no instructions.does anyone know where in the top of my pump this thing goes? do i just pick a spot?

olbiezer
08-14-2006, 07:03 PM
ask or call hi tech performance they made em.......i beleave its two inches from back of pump ....also do a search on here the dircetions were on here somewhere. :) if u were haveing a problem with the pump not priming that little valve will work wonders........

atxwrangler
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
thanx, yea, it would air lock every time i put it in the water.i'll give duane a call.i just thought someone on here might know off the top of their head!

Oldsquirt
08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Here's a link to the instructions at Hi-Tech Air Bleed Installation (http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/Prime-A-Jet_Instructions.jpg)

Duane HTP
08-15-2006, 06:01 AM
The air bleed bought off of EBay is NOT my product! We build the PRIME-A-JET. The product on Ebay is a cheap copy of what we build. The ball seat on those units is not machined at the proper angle which can cause some leakage, and the internal parts are not made of quality materials like ours. However, they will work and last for a short while and my instructions will work for their installation. If you buy the true PRIME-A-JET from us, the instruction sheet with the HI-TECH logo on it, is included with the product.

atxwrangler
08-15-2006, 06:10 AM
i didn't know! i thought you were the only person making them.i expected hi tech per to be on the packaging ,but,it wasn't.darn,i had just recieved gaskets from you the same day the air bleed came in.next time i will be sure to buy from you!will yours screw into the same sized hole????

nyjetboat
08-15-2006, 06:12 AM
not to hijack hey duane how much for the air bleed and where do i send the check nyjetboat :crossx:

Taylorman
08-15-2006, 06:28 AM
not to hijack hey duane how much for the air bleed and where do i send the check nyjetboat :crossx:
316-794-8616

sleekcrafter
08-15-2006, 07:14 AM
got to be careful buying on Ebay, lots of misrepresentaion, especially with boats and parts. Ebay=bad

olbiezer
08-15-2006, 10:24 AM
darn duane.......i didnt know that wasent your stuff on ebay......didnt u guys pattent that stuff or what? :)

cave
08-15-2006, 10:42 AM
It really works. After I installed the Droop I had problems at the doc. I would have to jump on the back of the jet to get the pump to load. Since I got the Prime a Jet from Duane it loads quick! No more jumping jacks on the back ofthe jet. Thanks Duane.

Duane HTP
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes.

olbiezer
08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
i have a droop on the daytona and it prims right away.......yet i had a biesemeyer that would not prim for a minete or two till i put a prima jet on it.....its a great product if u got priming problems........wonder why some wont prim for anything and some just do? :) :argue: after all u still have the same problem of air in the bowl.......