PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Canada trip.....

DILLIGAF
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Just got back from Cencal & wife along with me on our bike ride to Canada. We had a great time and actually took 1 pic...that's it...ONE! I will post it when I get a chance. I am beat, we had fun and got back safe :)

Beer Factor
08-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Welcome back Tom. "i think" Your son beat me to your steaks. And Irish gal took care of all your booze. You have to let me know just when your leaving next time so i can get the jump on them. :cry:

BajaMike
08-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Just got back from Cencal & wife along with me on our bike ride to Canada. We had a great time and actually took 1 pic...that's it...ONE! I will post it when I get a chance. I am beat, we had fun and got back safe :)
Tom, I just left Havasu and I'm in Phoenix working for the week.....you in BHC next weekend???
Hope the trip went well! Post that pic!!!
:2purples: :eat: :2purples: :eat:

Nord
08-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Did you meet Tom Brown??
~NORD~

Debbolas
08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
:cry: We missed you!!! :cry:
Yep, your son was bragging about raiding your fridge....lol :D
We are out at Mojave this weekend, stop by for a brew if you're around ;)
You are so like my husband, he takes maybe one picture during his trips, not a photo hound :rolleyes:

Beer Factor
08-14-2006, 07:47 PM
That sure is one tough hood I live in....lol
I've got things under control in the hood. I told Karen to stay out of your booze, but she wouldn't listen :argue: Then i told her to bring me a bottle but she wouldn't. wth these neighbors suck around here.

RitcheyRch
08-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Welcome back. Always wanted to go to Canada.

a catered life
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
how was canada? glad u had a safe trip and welcome back :p

Sleek316
08-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Glad you had a nice trip. Your kid was a crackup manning the board in your absence.

Midlife Advantage
08-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Welcome back, glad the trip was safe. wanna hear all about it, since you took only one pic! Mostly wanna hear about Dales new ride...

Irishgal
08-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I've got things under control in the hood. I told Karen to stay out of your booze, but she wouldn't listen :argue: Then i told her to bring me a bottle but she wouldn't. wth these neighbors suck around here.
Yeah...I had to stop Beer Factor from throwing wild parties in your house, you know how he is..........
Glad you all got back safe and had a good time. Looking forward to seeing that "One" pic...lol I'm sure you got some good stories to tell though :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
You were gone?
Just kidding, glad you had a good time. :crossx:

Jyruiz
08-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Welcome back D.

spectras only
08-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Tom , tell me where you were in Vancouver , I'll take some pictures and post it here for you :idea: :rollside: :D

Sin Cal
08-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Welcome back, glad the trip was safe. wanna hear all about it, since you took only one pic! Mostly wanna hear about Dales new ride...
Hey Tim we had an great time. Took us 4 days to get to Canada and two to get back. The new bike ran like a champ. I got a new 06 Softail Heritage Classic. Mamy memories made on this advanture. The wife did great on the whole ride. I would not ride on the back that far. Loved Vancouver B.C. We have another trip planned in Sept.to South Lake Tahoe. The week of the 15th-22nd. Plan to ride around the Lake and do the Reno Rally. Your invited to come. We will be staying our time share at the Ridge Tahoe. Glad to be back. Tom left for home this morning about 10am.

BajaMike
08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Tim we had an great time. Took us 4 days to get to Canada and two to get back. The new bike ran like a champ. I got a new 06 Softail Heritage Classic. Mamy memories made on this advanture. The wife did great on the whole ride. I would not ride on the back that far. Loved Vancouver B.C. We have another trip planned in Sept.to South Lake Tahoe. The week of the 15th-22nd. Plan to ride around the Lake and do the Reno Rally. Your invited to come. We will be staying our time share at the Ridge Tahoe. Glad to be back. Tom left for home this morning about 10am.
Glad you made it back safe Dale....Tom says you're accident prone..... :idea: :D:D
The new bike sounds nice.... :cool:
:2purples: :2purples: :eat: :eat:

DILLIGAF
08-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Alright funny guys :)
The trip was great. Sorry for the non-contact after some of the offers from board members but time just kind of slipped away. The beer up in Canada was very good and caused me to put on 7 pounds :(. While in BC we stayed downtown. I had to teach SinCal how to say NO to the panhandlers. Damn, there was tons of them.
Got to visit with family on the way up. Stayed in Santa Rosa CA, Fortuna CA, Florence OR, some other place at the WA/OR border that I can't remember, Tacoma WA (SinCals Dad's house) and Ashland OR. We also stopped along the way at various places like Coos Bay and so forth to have a frosty beer.
We took the coast all the way up as far as we could. I tell you OR has a much more beautiful coast than CA. All beaches in OR are public, they are clean and look rugged. It was foggy and overcast most of the way up and rained on us just enough so that we put the gear on and it of course then STOPPED raining...lol I was very impressed with the redwoods. Awesome is the only way to describe it. Everybody in OR was very hospitable to us and the water is very good. Had some local OR wines that were reasonably priced and excellant tasting. When we got to Vancouver (which was in doubt time-wise) we had a great time hanging out down-town. Met some other Harley guys and hung out with the locals. At one point after consuming a lot of beer I stood out facing the street and yelled out to the Cantards "I AM THAT UGLY AMERICAN"...Thinking about it later I don't think that was a very good idea....lol I really loved buzzing around Vancouver and blasting my pipes :) We drank/ate way too much beer and good food as the waist line can attest to but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Coming thru Grants Pass OR was another excellant stretch while coming back on the 5. I thought of Rockitman here on the boards and have to give him a lot of credit for him bringing his boat down to Havasu. Never met him but THAT is a long haul to bring a boat. Lake Shasta and the Columbia River looked like excellant places to boat. So much so that SinCal and I are going to try to put together a hoouse boat trip up to Shasta. The water was totally flat when we drove by it yesterday. I wanted to stop but we had miles to cover so we just kept moving.
We really only had one close call as far as traffic and it was self-inflicted. We were up in Portland going over a bridge when SinCal decides to cut right into me :(. I got out of his way and had a car on my right I almost hit. I was like WTF are you doing over there? He said he never saw me or heard me and I was right next to him. Oh well...we have ridden a lot together and sometimes shit just happens. No biggie but it did catch me totally off guard.
All in all we had a GREAT time and will do this trip again some day. This was our own little "F STURGIS" run and I can't think of anything that could have made it any better.
Here is the pic we took...actually two pics when we arrived in Canada.
Mr/Mrs SinCal
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1871128_2882.JPG
Me with my white beard before I shaved it off and SinCal
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1871128_2886.JPG

JB in so cal
08-15-2006, 07:26 PM
You should smile; you're going to Canada :)

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 07:33 PM
At one point after consuming a lot of beer I stood out facing the street and yelled out to the Cantards "I AM THAT UGLY AMERICAN"...Thinking about it later I don't think that was a very good idea....lol
You're lucky one of us didn't shoot you. We're all carrying.
By the way, thanks for the call. I would have swung by for a few beer. :mad:

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I apoligize TB. Once we got in I was somewhat delerious.
It's probably for the best. I would have pulled out my piece and put a cap in your ass at the mere mention of the word, "American".

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought it was odd that they never wave back when passing.
We try not to draw attention to ourselves because of all the gun play that goes on up here.

No Name
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time but I still can’t understand why anyone would want to go to Canada. :confused: :D :D

JB in so cal
08-15-2006, 07:49 PM
You guys really have a big gun problem in BC?
only at Tom's house, er..compound, er...buried bus, er... bunker...

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Oh yeah. That's why we all vacation in the US. Hell, we don't even wear our government issued body armor when we're down there.

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
That stuck out to me and it somewhat embarassed me also.
You'd think with all the financial aid we give to your government, they would at least try to pretty up the border stations a bit. I guess looking grubby is a panhandler's tool.

No Name
08-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't know if you are being serious or not TB. We wern't on the East Side of town. I read an article about that area and it is extremely infected with HIV, drugs and homeless. I guess they are trying to clean it up though.
I also read about the guy who got 4 years for going after someone who owned him drug money. Seems up there that if you don't pay a drug debt the shave half your head. He first beat her, tried to scalp her with a dull knife, then a machette and then finally a dull razor.
Canadians are freaking crazy. :D :D

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't know if you are being serious or not TB.
I was leaning a little away from the serious side. We have violent crime and crime involving guns up here, particularly in Vancouver, but it's pretty minor compared to any similar US city.
I understand Vancouver has some pretty nasty activity in the Hastings St. area. Spectras Only could bring us up to speed on that. By day, the place is infested with transvestites. Some of them are pretty hot from a distance. Mostly though, I suspect they just do whatever is required to get their next fix.
Because the weather is so nice in Vancouver, our homeless all head there.
I read an article about that area and it is extremely infected with HIV, drugs and homeless. I guess they are trying to clean it up though.
Yes, at least by our standards. I recall a government sponsored program that was going to have nurses oversee heroine adicts take their injections, provide free needles, etc. They set up a downtown clinic and the police arrested everyone on their way out. That wasn't the intent of the clinic but the police hadn't received any direction to cooperate so they just did their jobs. :D

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Canadians are freaking crazy. :D :D
When I butter my bread, I use a dead man's hand.
It's my uncle Clive's hand who, quite strangely, died of natural causes.

No Name
08-15-2006, 08:32 PM
When I butter my bread, I use a dead man's hand.
It's my uncle Clive's hand who, quite strangely, died of natural causes.
That's funny. :D :D

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2006, 08:37 PM
So, Sally.....do you just weigh yourself before you go on a trip or is it one of those wake up take a piss then weigh yourself every morning to see if your consuming to many calories type of deals?:idea:
9 pounds and it sounds like your watching your soft figure.....GOOD THING ALL YOUR FOODS GONE!!!:D:D

BajaMike
08-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Alright funny guys :)
We really only had one close call as far as traffic and it was self-inflicted. We were up in Portland going over a bridge when SinCal decides to cut right into me :(. I got out of his way and had a car on my right I almost hit. I was like WTF are you doing over there? He said he never saw me or heard me and I was right next to him. Oh well...we have ridden a lot together and sometimes shit just happens. No biggie but it did catch me totally off guard.
Mr/Mrs SinCal
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1871128_2882.JPG
Me with my white beard before I shaved it off and SinCal
Tom, you told me Dale was accident prone.... :idea:
Just kidding Dale....sounds like a good trip... :2purples: :2purples:
Who's the AARP guy in the picture with grey beard and nine pounds of extra weight??? :confused:
Just kidding Tom...great pics......glad you guys made it back safe.
:2purples: :2purples:

spectras only
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Some canatards have an obsession with guns >
Me on the right , my brother holding the piece . :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal3.jpg
Tom , only Richards on Richards [ downton club] has a bad rep for gun violence. On the other hand , I wouldn't flip a bird to ricers [especially when you see a bunch of them inside the car ] when they cut me off , they may have an Uzi to get my attention :220v: :D .
The local bikers are snobs . On rare occasions they nod at me while riding my 58 Matchless [ most of them can't figure out what it is :rollside: ].
We stopped at Ashland [ great little town] on our way back , Oregon is great , you guys from cali should explore it more often. The dunes are great there.

BajaMike
08-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Some canatards have an obsession with guns >
Me on the right , my brother holding the piece . :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal3.jpg
Spectras....tell your brother not to point the gun at your head...like in that picture...... :idea:
Just kidding.....looks like you guys have lots of guns and I'm sure know your guns and gun safety....
:cool:

BajaMike
08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I told you the Giants won't get it done this year Keyes. LAD are hot right now but next week they could be on the bottom. I still think SD will win it.
Thanks by the way
don't count on the Dodgers or Giants to get it done.....
Go......????? who....Oh, that's right, I'm not a MLB fan.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I saw a scale and used it to see what it would be. No biggie.
I am hungry and too tired to drive anywhere to get some food. You cleaned me out and I will pay you back for that :cry:
:rolleyes:
Bring it!!

cxr133
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I dont know why... but everytime someone quoates this image...
a certain song jumps into my head....
YOUNG MAN.....Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
there's no need to be unhappy.
Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
:crossx: :crossx: :sqeyes: :eek:
LOL... try to get this soing outta yer head now

BajaMike
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Go to bed....lol
Best post of the week..... :idea:
Mike is out..... :cool:
:rollside:

kanedog
08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
hey, you guys are right in front of the currency exchange. Thats 25mins from my house. welcome to beautiful bc!!!!

spectras only
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Tom , here's a bike my friend built , sounds loud to me :)
http://media.putfile.com/Iggy--custom-Harley
Baja Mike , thanks for the safety tip :) . My brother was an airforce pilot , I served in the army myself and my old friend [owner of the arsena] l on the left is a bomb expert etc..... :p :rollside:
this rocket launcher appeared in a few movies :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal5.jpg

Tom Brown
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
this rocket launcher appeared in a few movies :)
If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die.

spectras only
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Rob , didn't see you saturday at the harrison poker run . Gord will have a small run at vancouver this saturday and a flush away on Pitt lake sunday .
Tom , sorry jacking your thread

Midlife Advantage
08-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Man that sounds good, but dont know if it will happen, thanks for the invite. Dee and I have Cancun in November with Beer Factor and a few other couples, that will kinda eat up the time and money. BUT! I do need to get up to grass valley for some stuff left behind on my former ranch property. Maybe we can plan a detour and bump into you guys for a half day. Stay in touch.
Nice write up on the trip Tom, thanks. I will aspire to make such a ride someday!

nodigg
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Glad to see you guys made it back safely. Looks like we missed a great trip. I see Tom grew the traditional pre-trip Santa beard! I was thinking of you guys many times as I worked my arse off the past weeks! Wish things would have allowed us to go along. Looking forward to Reno at this point however! Anxious to see the new bike Dale.

Sin Cal
08-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Glad to see you guys made it back safely. Looks like we missed a great trip. I see Tom grew the traditional pre-trip Santa beard! I was thinking of you guys many times as I worked my arse off the past weeks! Wish things would have allowed us to go along. Looking forward to Reno at this point however! Anxious to see the new bike Dale.
Rick you missed one great trip. It was an adventure to remember. We agreed it was trip we would do agian. Reno and Lake Tahoe is coming up on Sept.15-22nd. Let us know if you and Linda plan on going. We will be riding the bikes all the way with no chase vehicle.

kanedog
08-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I was at the harrison run. we won the gorls gone wild for one of our girls baring her breastesets. I was driving the Arizona Diving services pontoon boat!!I cant believe I didnt see you. I guess you were much faster!!!

TRUMP TIGHT
08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Bring it? How about if I just change the locks? That ought to do the trick.....lol
Wouldnt even beggin to stop me!:D