PDA

View Full Version : Bogged down

RaysonRat
10-07-2003, 06:16 PM
OKay guys my restoration has hit a low point cash is low and busy work is at an end. Anyone ever had this prob, whatd u do to get over it. This project mean a lot to me but its killing me to watch it sit at the moment> Anyone else survived this situation. SSHow me your progress or Sucess.

superdave013
10-07-2003, 06:47 PM
I've been working on mine for over 2 years now. Still not even close. Do you feel better yet?
If it's gotta sit the so be it. You'll get back to it. Just don't burn out.

Kindsvater Flat
10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Dont feel bad. My first trip out shrapnelled (sp) a motor. Been out a few times since. Summer started in this order. Blown motor, broken motor, high speed miss, and then finally work right. Now its shoved back in the shop and sitting until next year unless I get a chance. That was a big change from last year when I went every weekend.

GofastRacer
10-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey don't stress over it, just focus on the finished piece!. I just started my new project and already I have a snafu on things but I all I see is the finished piece and that's what keeps me pumped up!!... :D

Cole Sanger
10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
I worked on mine for 4 years. Finally figured out that I was never going to have it the way I wanted. Found a boat already complete minus motor. Sold the old boat. Selling all the old parts now. Starting on the new boat engine soon. It's a never ending process.

burbanite
10-08-2003, 07:33 AM
Only made it out three times before the engine lunched, the new one is an ongoing project and has to sit in line with all of the other priority things in life.
It may be frustrating but you don't want to rush a good thing.

fastvdriver
10-08-2003, 07:40 AM
I found a bare hull and started started tearing apart a very nice boat so with two boats in the garage none of which wear ready for the water I just worked a little long each night or morning and after a year I came out with this http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/57303_08_CDBA_0977_255-thumb.jpg
just a note the first motor was just a tunnel ram deal that pushed it in the high 90's but as everyone else will tell you you will never be happy you will always want more!!! this is the second year on the boat and I'm pretty happy with it but it still needs a little work.

RaysonRat
10-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Thnks guys just the kick i needed, polished half my old school tunnel ram tonight , what a beating but tomarrow the other half, then onto the carbs, have good night guys

rrrr
10-08-2003, 06:49 PM
It took me almost 50 hours to polish my intake, more than that to polish everything else. I didn't work on the boat at all for 6 months, got sick of it.
Now that it's done, I have forgotten all that work, it's a blast to drive and I get lots of compliments.
Keep at it.....
rrrr<-------finding excuses to post pics of his boat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/109FE3194-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/109stripe-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/109ontheex-med.jpg
[ October 08, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

H2OT PURSUIT
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Yo Rrrrron,
I just noticed that you don't have any risers or elbows or whatever they're called. How do you get away with that and not get water up your exhaust when you slow down, that is on the few occasions that you do slow down?
Jerry (Formerly Tx Daytona)

superdave013
10-08-2003, 08:56 PM
H2OT PURSUIT:
Yo Rrrrron,
I just noticed that you don't have any risers or elbows or whatever they're called. How do you get away with that and not get water up your exhaust when you slow down, that is on the few occasions that you do slow down?
Jerry (Formerly Tx Daytona) He's got those rubber flappers in the exhaust tips.

blownmoney
10-13-2003, 10:15 PM
nice boat rrrr, glad to hear i'm not the only one with a multi year project,after two yrs motor is finally together, lets hope she runs!!..lol

MandDPerformance
10-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Took us two years to resto. the Lookie Lu boat #141. It's time well taken. Without hard work and lots of hours being put into these old boats, even new ones, we wouldn't have them on the water still. Keep going to outings with your friends and show support. That's whats most important, "The Friends." :)

blown540flattie
10-13-2003, 10:45 PM
5 years, forgot what it was like driving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hud
10-14-2003, 06:46 AM
It took me 18 months. If I ever do it again, I will take more time & enjoy it more. It's your buck, enjoy the part of building it as much as you can. Take lots of pictures too. Don't burn yourself out, you won't even want to look at it for a year. When you get in a hurry, it cost more too! :D

Sangster
10-14-2003, 06:52 AM
I got to agree with Hud for sure..Were getting ready to do another real soon ...We'll Jeff is, I jest some how get deeply involved..Financially and otherwise... :D :D :D