PDA

View Full Version : Make it simple: Who will be at Ft Gibson THIS weekend?

rrrr
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
We are thinking about driving up for the weekend. I'm gonna check and see if we can get a cabin at the park...
Anybody wanna party? :rollside:

ONAROLL
08-16-2006, 02:41 AM
We are thinking about driving up for the weekend. I'm gonna check and see if we can get a cabin at the park...
Anybody wanna party? :rollside:
rrrr
Describe your ride, are you planning Sequoyah State Park?...........Yellow Texas tunnel w/ripped purple/black checkered flag graphics yellow scoop , wont get out of its own way.........Vic

kcvega
08-16-2006, 10:03 AM
I should be there Sunday. I'm doing some drag racing (car) Saturday. We hang out on the upper part of the lake from Sequayah if that's where you're staying.

rrrr
08-16-2006, 11:56 AM
We're gonna leave the flatty at home and bring our other boat. My wife's aunt and uncle live close by and they are a bit old to ride in the Howard..... :crossx:
We'll be in our Chapparral 256, it's a 27' open bow white with a black stripe below the hull joint line.
We'll stay at Sequoyah if there is a cabin, or at a motal close by. I'll post again before Friday to confirm.
THanks, y'all.......

rrrr
08-18-2006, 10:36 AM
OK, guys, heading out of town now.....
Wave us down if you see us!

rrrr
08-21-2006, 06:37 AM
Where'd everyone go? :D
We put the boat in at Paradise Cove Marina, ran up the river to the island, it's about 17 miles. There were a coupla dozen boats there, I talked to one guy in an old t deck flattie....
The scenery was great along the river. We had a really good time just cruising along with the music blasting.
We'll try to come up again before the end of the season.Staying at Western Hills is way cool. The cabins are $60 a night, good food in the restaurant too.
We happened to be there the same weekend as the Oklahoma State Fiddlers get together, really enjoyed listening to all of the pick-up groups that formed everywhere in the main building. We sat in with a group playing in the video game room. String bass, guitar, mandolin, and three fiddle players. One of 'em was 12 years old, and sumbitch he was good. Played as well as any adult in the place.

Infomaniac
08-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I was in Memphis getting my nose full of nitro.
I'll be there next weekend.

DUECE'SDAD
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey info, you gonna be at las vegas at the end of october for the nhra meet ? ? ? I think were gonna go and party for halloween, where you stay and partin ? ? ?

Infomaniac
08-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey info, you gonna be at las vegas at the end of october for the nhra meet ? ? ? I think were gonna go and party for halloween, where you stay and partin ? ? ?
Yea we plan on going to Vegas. We stay somewhere different every time.
You have a place sleected? Most of the race teams don't stay on the Vegas strip

DUECE'SDAD
08-22-2006, 10:10 AM
NO JUST FIXIN TO MAKE PLANS, Thats why im askin you, im not with a race team, but i need some of your "ins" !!!! Do you stay at the track the hole time or do you go party it up at the strip ? ? ? I usually dont party or even drink much at all around here, but i can relax up outta town

Infomaniac
08-22-2006, 01:51 PM
LOL well then..... Orbitz is where you can get some decent deals. Circus Circus is dirt cheap. And if your takin Deuce then that will be the place.
We dont make a 3 day at the racetrack trip any more. We will go for one full day of networking with racers, take some crew out to eat at least one evening and walk the strip for at least 2 of the nights.
You been to Vegas before?

DUECE'SDAD
08-23-2006, 08:10 AM
NO KIDS !!!!! Its gonna be a party !!!! I think its just gonna be me and the wife goin, so we will have to stay somewhere kinda nice and especially cool @!!!
I have been several times to vegas, but never with no kids and never with freedom to do what ever i want !!! Usually have family or someone else than the wife that we gotta consider, Looks like we gonna try to get flight out thursday am and fly back sunday am We need to get some plans to meet up, whats gonna be a better day to go to the race, friday or saturday??? Any thing special at the track i need to upgrade the tickets too ????

gsmith9898
08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I was in Memphis getting my nose full of nitro.
I'll be there next weekend.
Nose full of what?? :220v: Not to late to leave for shoot out.