PDA

View Full Version : Nitromethane in Yuma?

Cs19
08-16-2006, 08:14 AM
All the aspirated boats have been putting the hurt on me so bad lately that I decided to start running nitro, can i get nitro in Yuma?
LMAO.
stir stir.
CS

Squirtcha?
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Really? :D LMAOWY
nitromethane in Yuma (http://www.sellerspetroleum.com/76products.htm)

IMPATIENT 1
08-16-2006, 08:37 AM
are you givin up the no2? for nitro?
i used to race dirt track carts when i was young and i got banned for life from it for runnin 1/4 cool-power fuel(model airplane nitro/castor oil mix)and alcohol.they kept wondering how my little 5hp briggs was walking off from the pack every race,lol. back then there was no fuel rules and i'd mix up 5 gallons before a race, smelled like alcohol with grape fragrance in it. the guys runnin the blockzilla mills(3500.00 bucks!) got pissed off that they couldn't figure out how i was doin it with a 500.00 mill and got together and had me banned, i was 14,they we're mid 20's early 30's picking on little ole me,lol.
i've ran alittle of the cool power/super unleaded in my jet once, sounded funny but ran like a mofo!!! i backed timing down to 30 degree's full in, to prevent detonation.not gonna chance it again with my new mill, but was cool to see performance increases from just alittle amount of nitro.

djdtpr
08-16-2006, 09:04 AM
All the aspirated boats have been putting the hurt on me so bad lately that I decided to start running nitro, can i get nitro in Yuma?
LMAO.
stir stir.
CS
Hey dont think i aint thought of it!Just ten percent is all it takes.Dont be superized if you snmell it labor day. :2purples:

BUSBY
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey dont think i aint thought of it!Just ten percent is all it takes.Dont be superized if you snmell it labor day. :2purples:
been there, done that ... I wouldn't ... just my .02 for what it's worth ...
it was nice seeing the old set up though ...

djdtpr
08-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Some lessons just have to bee learned the hard way.

Hustler
08-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Some lessons just have to bee learned the hard way.
Is that the hard way or the "Expensive" way :rolleyes: :D

sdpm
08-16-2006, 01:21 PM
So Brian, what are you saying? Were you tipping the can a little with your boat at the races? Tell me it isn't so. You wouldn't cheat would you? :rolleyes:

BAE_557
08-16-2006, 03:19 PM
If you are running methanol, there is no problem as nitromethane and methanol mix freely. But nitro does not mix easily with gasoline. So, if a nitro/gas mixture is desired additional chemicals must be added to prevent separation

BUSBY
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
So Brian, what are you saying? Were you tipping the can a little with your boat at the races? Tell me it isn't so. You wouldn't cheat would you? :rolleyes:
Wait a minute ... :rolleyes:
maybe that's why I went through 4 motors last year ... it's hard keeping up with those capsule guys!
:D :D :D

steelcomp
08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Nitro can go bad quickly, so a good way to test it is to get a bottle cap or something small like that, fill it with a little nitro, place it on a hard surface like a steel table or the cement sidewalk, and then hit it with that big ol' 24 oz. ball penis hammer you have in your tool box. Oh---remember to close your eyes, though. :rolleyes: :rollside: :220v:

screamdreambrad
08-16-2006, 05:00 PM
djd, i got the item you wanted me to pick up .

MikeF
08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Nitro can go bad quickly, so a good way to test it is to get a bottle cap or something small like that, fill it with a little nitro, place it on a hard surface like a steel table or the cement sidewalk, and then hit it with that big ol' 24 oz. ball penis hammer you have in your tool box. Oh---remember to close your eyes, though. :rolleyes: :rollside: :220v:
Can you say.....Freudian slip. :2purples:

Cs19
08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
No nitro for me, just messin around, good see everyone was cool about it and took the joke.
Busby, you cheater!!!
DJD, I say go for it, run 10%.
Impatient, thats a classic story. :)
I tried running some of that RC car nitro mixed with my premix in my goped, turns out the nitro wouldnt mix with the fuel, you could see the nitro was separated from the fuel, but occasionally a little nitro got into the pickup for the carb it hit pretty friggin hard when it got a gulp..Motor never blew up either, in fact its still running.
CS

77charger
08-16-2006, 09:20 PM
pretty cool lil mini motor though.
http://media.putfile.com/blown-very-small-block

Dogballs
08-17-2006, 06:05 AM
77 thats rad! I want one to run in my garage for a quick fix! Whats that thing go in?

BUSBY
08-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Busby, you cheater!!!
I was kidding ... didn't run it at Ming ... it was in Parker, years ago in the jet boat ... just messin' w/ Neil :D
there was no cheating here ... even if I was cheating, I couldn't catch Swanson, Fry or Reider ... :mad: damn HEMI's

BAE_557
08-17-2006, 07:17 AM
Hey Chris,
I'll be stopping by the shop with my boat in about a week or so, see you then.
-William

djdtpr
08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
If you are running methanol, there is no problem as nitromethane and methanol mix freely. But nitro does not mix easily with gasoline. So, if a nitro/gas mixture is desired additional chemicals must be added to prevent separation
Its already on methanol so i dont think it will be a big issue.I am only gonna play with 10 perc.

djdtpr
08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
djd, i got the item you wanted me to pick up .
10/4 Brad sound good.

LGCDEVIL
08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Its already on methanol so i dont think it will be a big issue.I am only gonna play with 10 perc.
10% methanol, right????????

BAE_557
08-17-2006, 03:51 PM
10 percent fuel might not sound like much but it will take a bit of preparation to pull it off successfully.