PDA

View Full Version : Jon Benet Ramsey Arrest!

Her454
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
DENVER -- A Denver television station reported Wednesday that an arrest has been made in the unsolved 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.
Authorities in Boulder, Colo., informed JonBenet Ramsey's father, John Ramsey, that an arrest is expected outside of the United States, according to KMGH-TV in Denver.
In a telephone statement delivered from his Denver office to KMGH-TV, the Ramsey family's attorney, Hal Haddon, confirmed the arrest.
"The diligent investigation of Jon Benet Ramsey's murder by Boulder D.A. Lacey and detectives working with her has been extraordinary," Haddon told the station. "It is hoped this arrest will bring some closure to the Ramsey family after a 10-year ordeal. We respect the legal process and will have no further comment until the legal process is concluded."
Ramsey was found dead in the basement of her parents' Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. Her death has remained unsolved for almost 10 years.
No other details in the case were immediately available.

Tequila-John
08-16-2006, 12:41 PM
WOW. Finally

MudPumper
08-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I still think the family is involved.

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
what are they digging up mom and hooking her bones up

Her454
08-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Its odd that after 10 years, and only 2 months after Patsy Ramsey dies that now they have an arrest.
I hope to God if that woman wasn't involved that she is finally in peace after the hell the media put her through after the death of her daughter.

Havasu Lite
08-16-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll drink to that!..

MR HARLEY
08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
More info here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/)

TYREPEDDLER
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
most think her mom did it and she died a few months back.

Tequila-John
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
More info here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/)
Thank you

Hardly Satisfied
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
glad to hear

Troy McClure
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Wonder if O.J. helped to find this guy?? :rolleyes:

centerhill condor
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
what started as a nice quiet day turned into a hot news day! I can't believe it either...the suspect was sending emails with the details of the sexual assault to the mom... what a sick sumbitch! maybe a little justice on the end of a rope would help with peoples sexual "sickness"..

Her454
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
what started as a nice quiet day turned into a hot news day! I can't believe it either...the suspect was sending emails with the details of the sexual assault to the mom... what a sick sumbitch! maybe a little justice on the end of a rope would help with peoples sexual "sickness"..
To what Mom?

topless
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
To what Mom?He was being held for an unrelated sexual assault charge. Maybe thats the mom he's talking about.

doesitfloat?
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Its odd that after 10 years, and only 2 months after Patsy Ramsey dies that now they have an arrest.
I hope to God if that woman wasn't involved that she is finally in peace after the hell the media put her through after the death of her daughter.
This might sound backwards but I hope she WAS involved because if it's proven that she had absolutely no involvement, it would be terrible that she was assumed guilty by most of the public (including myself). If she's innocent, it's a tragedy that she had to die before being exonerated.

Her454
08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
If she's innocent, it's a tragedy that she had to die before being exonerated.
Basically what I was trying to say but couldnt get it out right. :rollside:

Desert Rat
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope the sonofabitch caught AIDS in Thailand and dies a slow death if he is in fact guilty! Sure sounds like it! Makes you wonder how many are in jail today that aren't guilty because they didn't have the money to fight off over zealous DA's :idea:

Ziggy
08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Hope they are right about it......
I could not imagine how I'd react if that happened to my girl........ :mad:

Magic34
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
To what Mom?
I have had the news on in the back of the office.
I guess this guy sent Pat Ramsey (Mom) some emails. The way I understand it from Fox News was that this guy was already in a Thailand jail for some sort of child sexual assault. The Fox News commentator said that he was probably in very rough conditions in Thailand and figured it would be better to fess up on this one to get back to a jail in the US.
It says that this guy knew some very specific facts that only the killer would know.
Also, this had been an investigation in progress and Pat Ramsey knew about these developments before whe died. The FBI had been over to Thailand a few months ago to talk with this individual. I "think" that this was before she died.
So, she knew about this before her death.

Devil's Advocate
08-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I've never been convinced that the family had nothing to do with it. Hopefully this guy is the missing link. And it would be sad to think the mother is finally exonerated and she didn't get to be alive for it. The worst tragedy though, the little girl of coarse.

Magic34
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
If she's innocent, it's a tragedy that she had to die before being exonerated.
From what I understand from the news today, she knew this was coming and I think she died knowing the killer would be found.
All the way around, a really sad story. Not only losing their little girl, but this family was destroyed and now come to find that they/she very well could have been innocent.

topless
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
How did he get her email address?

Magic34
08-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Once more thing. The confessed killer's last residence was in or very near to the city where the Ramsey's lived/lived near Atlanta.

Magic34
08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
How did he get her email address?
I'm sure that with a little digging in a high profile case you can find that info. Not only that, but this guy lived around them from the news reporting his last US residence. So maybe he knew them?

topless
08-16-2006, 02:25 PM
So maybe he knew them?I was thinking that too.

MR HARLEY
08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
CBS news reported he was a 2nd grade teacher. :mad:

boater72
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM
His name is John Mark Karr and yes reported to be a second grade teacher.

FMluvswater
08-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Wow! I thought this was one that would remain unsolved. Sometimes it's good to be wrong. :cool:

SOCALDETAIL1
08-16-2006, 03:14 PM
what are they digging up mom and hooking her bones up
Kilrs right "what are they digging up mom and hooking her bones up"

IN2-IN2MX
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh wow. I am glad they got the guy! They should leave his sorry ass in Thailand...just add to the sentence he is already serving. That would be soooo much better than the tolerable living conditions in most US prisons.

DILLIGAF
08-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Lets hope this guy is responsible and all of this can be put to rest. If he is guilty of this I feel very bad for the parents and what they have had to endure. The Mother passed away but was told that an arrest was to be made before she died.
Poor little girl didn't deserve any of this at all and I hope maybe she can now RIP.

RitcheyRch
08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Agree. Seems odd that Mom been dead a few months and now they arrest someone.
I still think the family is involved.

YeLLowBoaT
08-16-2006, 05:45 PM
One thing is for sure, if this guy ever gets into a general population of a prison he will be dead.

ratso
08-16-2006, 06:20 PM
The parents still seemed guilty from the beginning. The newly accused will probably shed some more light on the case, but I bet a lot went on behind those walls that we will never know...

Biglue
08-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Hopefully this guy is the real deal and they can put some closure on this for the family's sake. I hopoe that all doubt lingering can be answered also.

Her454
08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
The parents still seemed guilty from the beginning.
Let me tell you a little story. My ex husband and I were at the lake in 90'. He had the reputation of a partier, well deserved. Someone coming down the same road we were on that weekend hit a kid that was partying at the lake, walking home drunk on the double yellow carrying a bottle of Jack Daniels. He was a teenager, local that lived here all his life. Whoever hit him drug his body to the side of the road in the brush and called 911. The kid died because the paramedics couldn't find the body from the location and description they were given on the 911 call. The next weekend the CHP were playing the tape in town to the local establishments asking if anyone recognized the voice. Someone at the local gas station as a joke said it sounded like my husband because they used the term "tagged him". My husband never ever used that term. From that day forward we were harrassed, followed and our entire backgrounds checked on. It just so happened that one of our friends was hurt that same weekend and I had to take him to the hospital. He had a severe foot injury from jumping off the rocks and bled all over our boat. The blood was still there when the CHP came calling. My husband had also painted the undercarriage of our truck as it has just been lifted. He was in an accident a year prior to this incident and the boat trailer still had some damage from it. ALL of the evidence pointed toward us. It was a nightmare. They interogated our friends to the point they couldnt remember dates and we couldnt either and things all started running together after a long period of time. We started getting death threats from the kids family and I had a two year old at the time. It scared the hell out of us and I thought my husband was going to prison. I finally told the investigating officer to either charge my husband or quit coming around asking questions and giving our neighbors something to talk about, and that one day he would owe us an apology. 3 years later, that same officer, now retired pulled up and told us they found the woman that hit that kid and left him to die. He apologized for all the crap he put us through but said he was doing his job. She was in Stockton and still had a portion of the Jack Daniels label imbedded in her bumper from the impact. The husband had confided to someone at work and they told. WE KNEW we were innocent but it was hell to go through so it CAN HAPPEN. YOU NEVER KNOW AND even the facts sometimes can be distorted to the benefit of the victim.
Sorry for the long rant but felt it was worth it. You just never know. Im not so quick to judge people anymore after that.

W.O.T
08-16-2006, 07:40 PM
wow thats a crazy story im glad you guys got off the hook. i could imagine those years being hell. people dont have patience and are to quick to judge these days.

C-2
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I'll be the first to eat a plate of Crow, I too thought it was the family.
That focker was good - he had pulled off the perfect crime, in the victim's own residence with the parents home. Now he slips up ? Yeah, sure.
He's only trying to avoid the painful death which awaited him in Thailand.
Bastard. Wonder what else he's done.
I truly feel bad for the Ramsey family now :(

centerhill condor
08-17-2006, 05:32 AM
so, now we have to hear about this heinous crime over and over and over... I never thought it was the family..How do you kill your own kid in this way and not be crazy and/or confess?? Its counterintuitive to say the least..I thought the previous DA was an idiot... after they got a new DA they got a new suspect! How'd that happen?
Now his predecessor will get to backpeddle and justify abusing the power of the almighty state dragging these people through ten years of televised hell in a search for justice and how he had the best of the best saying he was right and how he was "just doing his job" in the face of "unknown male DNA under the little girl's fingernails".. They've had several poorly handled high profile cases in CO...it must be the altitude.
I've been on both sides of the coin of justice and strongly suspect that replacing all these courts and their officers with a mob and a strong rope would provide approximately the same result without the delays, third strikes and self serving windbaggery.

RitcheyRch
08-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Within days
One thing is for sure, if this guy ever gets into a general population of a prison he will be dead.

Her454
08-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Focker. All the shiat that is coming out now is unbelievable. He was one of the original names that was given to the Boulder PD as a possible suspect but the had tunnel vision and only looked into the family.

Kilrtoy
08-17-2006, 08:02 AM
I'll be the first to eat a plate of Crow, I too thought it was the family.
That focker was good - he had pulled off the perfect crime, in the victim's own residence with the parents home. Now he slips up ? Yeah, sure.
He's only trying to avoid the painful death which awaited him in Thailand.
Bastard. Wonder what else he's done.
I truly feel bad for the Ramsey family now :(
Im in line with ya, I though dead bang the mom did it...
Crow actually taste pretty good in this case

Captain Dan
08-17-2006, 08:15 AM
The guy's comments are vague - "I was there when she died", etc. He didn't say he did it, (from what I have heard) - he said he wasn't innocent, however. Maybe the murder involved more than one person, maybe the mom was involved? We'll have to wait and see what transpires in the days to come.

topless
08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
On the news this morning they said that he picked her up from school with the intent of kidnapping her. If this is true, why was a missing persons report not filed? I'm sure all will come out later. The media always extorts things.

superdave013
08-17-2006, 09:00 AM
wow Traci, that's nuts. I can totaly see it happening though. That innocent until proven guilty is a crock O shit. It should read guilty until YOU prove you're innocent.

3 daytona`s
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Let me tell you a little story. My ex husband and I were at the lake in 90'. He had the reputation of a partier, well deserved. Someone coming down the same road we were on that weekend hit a kid that was partying at the lake, walking home drunk on the double yellow carrying a bottle of Jack Daniels. He was a teenager, local that lived here all his life. Whoever hit him drug his body to the side of the road in the brush and called 911. The kid died because the paramedics couldn't find the body from the location and description they were given on the 911 call. The next weekend the CHP were playing the tape in town to the local establishments asking if anyone recognized the voice. Someone at the local gas station as a joke said it sounded like my husband because they used the term "tagged him". My husband never ever used that term. From that day forward we were harrassed, followed and our entire backgrounds checked on. It just so happened that one of our friends was hurt that same weekend and I had to take him to the hospital. He had a severe foot injury from jumping off the rocks and bled all over our boat. The blood was still there when the CHP came calling. My husband had also painted the undercarriage of our truck as it has just been lifted. He was in an accident a year prior to this incident and the boat trailer still had some damage from it. ALL of the evidence pointed toward us. It was a nightmare. They interogated our friends to the point they couldnt remember dates and we couldnt either and things all started running together after a long period of time. We started getting death threats from the kids family and I had a two year old at the time. It scared the hell out of us and I thought my husband was going to prison. I finally told the investigating officer to either charge my husband or quit coming around asking questions and giving our neighbors something to talk about, and that one day he would owe us an apology. 3 years later, that same officer, now retired pulled up and told us they found the woman that hit that kid and left him to die. He apologized for all the crap he put us through but said he was doing his job. She was in Stockton and still had a portion of the Jack Daniels label imbedded in her bumper from the impact. The husband had confided to someone at work and they told. WE KNEW we were innocent but it was hell to go through so it CAN HAPPEN. YOU NEVER KNOW AND even the facts sometimes can be distorted to the benefit of the victim.
Sorry for the long rant but felt it was worth it. You just never know. Im not so quick to judge people anymore after that.
I can`t imagine the fear and pain your family endured,it`s amazing how a statement or suggestion is made and everyone runs with it.I watched the replay from several years back when the prosecutor and the Ramseys were on Larry King Live,he sat there accused the them of murder molesting their daughter on and on.I can assure you when and if this is solved 100% and they are cleared I`d own Boulder Colorado,they botched the case then took the easy way and accused the family.Just one more thing,on the quick to accuse or just assume things KILRTOY did a dandy here yesterday assuming GRASS PAYS is a dope dealer and got busted throwing trash around then it appears not the case.Remember what goes around comes around.

Her454
08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
wow Traci, that's nuts. I can totaly see it happening though. That innocent until proven guilty is a crock O shit. It should read guilty until YOU prove you're innocent.
Thats exactly how we felt................
I can`t imagine the fear and pain your family endured,it`s amazing how a statement or suggestion is made and everyone runs with it.I watched the replay from several years back when the prosecutor and the Ramseys were on Larry King Live,he sat there accused the them of murder molesting their daughter on and on.I can assure you when and if this is solved 100% and they are cleared I`d own Boulder Colorado,they botched the case then took the easy way and accused the family.Just one more thing,on the quick to accuse or just assume things KILRTOY did a dandy here yesterday assuming GRASS PAYS is a dope dealer and got busted throwing trash around then it appears not the case.Remember what goes around comes around.
That mother went through alot more hell than we did, but it is a helpless feeling thats for sure. Didnt see the Kilr deal but ***boat has never been short on the lynchmob mentality.

RitcheyRch
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9690351/detail.html
DENVER -- Authorities think they've solved the nearly 10-year-old mystery of who killed 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.
Police in Thailand said the man accused of murdering JonBenet claims he drugged the 6-year-old and had sex with her before accidentally killing her.
A general who heads Thailand's immigration police said he wasn't there when U.S. officials questioned John Karr, but that he was told what happened. According to the general, Karr claims the girl was still alive when he had sex with her, but then realized he "accidentally" killed her.
The autopsy on JonBenet showed no alcohol or drugs in her body, though it said she had vaginal abrasions.
The general didn't say who briefed him, and U.S. officials could not immediately be reached.
The child was found murdered in her home in Boulder, Colo., the day after Christmas in 1996. For a long time, her parents were identified by authorities as possible suspects.
Karr said publicly Thursday he was with the child when she died and called her death "an accident," a stunning admission that may help answer 10 years of questions in the unsolved murder case.
"I was with JonBenet when she died," John Mark Karr told reporters in Bangkok, visibly nervous and stuttering as he spoke. "Her death was an accident."
Police said Karr, a youthful-looking 41-year-old school teacher from Georgia, admitted to the killing after he was arrested Wednesday at his downtown Bangkok apartment by Thai and American authorities.
Asked if he was an innocent man, Karr said: "No."
Later, as he was escorted to his guesthouse by U.S. and Thai authorities to pick up his belongings, he told The Associated Press: "I am so very sorry for what happened to JonBenet. It's very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much, that her death was unintentional, that it was an accident."
Asked what happened when JonBenet died, he said: "It would take several hours to describe that. It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."
Karr, a divorced father of three boys, also said he wrote JonBenet's mother, Patsy Ramsey, before her death in June and told her "many things."
The head of Thailand's immigration police said Karr has told authorities that he had intended to kidnap JonBenet for a $118,000 ransom but that something went wrong and he strangled her. Patsy Ramsey reported finding a ransom note in the house.
Karr will be transported to Colorado, where he will face charges of murder, kidnapping and child sexual assault, said Ann Hurst, a U.S. official with the Department of Homeland Security.
Earlier Thursday, Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul told The Associated Press that Karr arrived in Bangkok on June 6 from Malaysia to look for a teaching job. The police officer said it was not clear whether he got a teaching position.
Suwat said Karr's visa had been revoked as an "undesirable person" given the accusations against him, and U.S. authorities are expected to take him to the United States in the next few days.
The Boulder prosecutor said there's still "much more work to be done" in the Ramsey investigation.
In a news conference Thursday where more questions went unanswered than answered, District Attorney Mary Lacy stressed that suspect John Karr is presumed innocent. She then said the same thing when asked if JonBenet's father is still considered a suspect.
Lacy was also asked if she's worried that Karr may be making a false confession. To that she said she "can't comment on the evidence."
Karr is under arrest in Thailand, and according to Lacy he had just started working there this week as a second grade teacher. She said Karr has traveled extensively since leaving the United States, and it took months to identify, locate and arrest him.
An attorney for the Ramseys is offering more details on the family's contacts with Karr.
Atlanta attorney Lin Wood said Karr tried to correspond with Patsy Ramsey in writing in the months before Patsy Ramsey died this year. He said Mrs. Ramsey didn't reply, but that she handed the information over to investigators, and that it helped link Karr to the case.
Wood is also disputing news reports that said Karr spent a Christmas at the Ramsey home. He said that's not true.
He said Karr has been sending a number of e-mails in recent months to a Colorado professor, in which he made statements about JonBenet's death. He said the e-mails were a key development in linking Karr to the murder.
Wood said authorities should be able to tell whether Karr has first-hand knowledge of the case. He said, "There is information about the murder that has never been publicly disclosed."
Long before his arrest, Karr had a deep fascination with JonBenet Ramsey, according to his family members.
His ex-wife, who lives in Petaluma, Calif., told a San Francisco TV station he often spent time reading up on the cases of Ramsey and of Polly Klaas, the Petaluma girl who was abducted and killed in 1993.
The Denver Post reported that Karr disappeared in 2001 when he and his wife divorced after his release from jail on child pornography charges.
Karr's father told the paper that while Karr was in college as an adult, a professor encouraged him to write a book about the Ramsey case after being impressed with a school paper. John Karr spoke with JonBenet's grandparents, but the Ramseys refused an interview, Wexford Karr said.
Wexford Karr said that until Wednesday's arrest, he had feared his son might have died.
An attorney for the Ramseys said Karr once lived near the family in Conyers, Ga., but the Ramseys moved to Colorado when JonBenet was a baby.
John Ramsey said in a public statement Wednesday that his wife knew authorities "were close to making an arrest" before she died.
Ramsey declined to comment on the specifics surrounding the arrest. He told a Denver television station that wouldn't be proper, especially considering the experience of his family. Not long after the murder, authorities said Ramsey and his late wife, Patsy, were considered to be under an umbrella of suspicion in their daughter's death. The child beauty queen was found dead in their home.
Patsy Ramsey died of cancer in June, but the family said she did know that authorities were close to making an arrest.
John Ramsey praised prosecutors in Boulder for closing the case. And he said the hardest part "by far" of all the family has been through was losing JonBenet.
The seemingly out-of-the-blue arrest has relatives and even a former prosecutor surprised.
JonBenet's aunt said that while the arrest was "a long time in coming," she said it still came as "quite a shock."
Pamela Paugh also dismissed the suspect's claims that he loved JonBenet. Paugh points out that she also loved the girl -- but never did her any harm.
Former Boulder Deputy District Attorney Trip DeMuth was also caught off-guard by the arrest -- and he knew the investigation was under way. DeMuth figured it would be like past investigations that never panned out.
DeMuth and Paugh agree investigators were too focused on JonBenet's parents and brother as suspects. The ex-prosecutor said some had "blinders on" that kept them from following the evidence.
Patsy Ramsey died in June of ovarian cancer. John Ramsey said in a public statement Wednesday that his wife knew authorities "were close to making an arrest" before she died.
Patsy Ramsey always maintained that she found a ransom note on a back staircase demanding $118,000 for her daughter's return. John Ramsey said he discovered the body in the basement eight hours later.
A grand jury investigated the case but returned with no indictments. In December 2003, after investigators obtained a new DNA sample, a federal judge in Atlanta concluded that the evidence suggested an intruder killed JonBenet.
According to law enforcement officials, Karr was tracked online by Boulder police.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, federal officials told The Associated Press that Karr had been communicating with somebody in Boulder, who was cooperating with police.
A spokesman for the University of Colorado, Barrie Hartman, confirmed that journalism professor Michael Tracey communicated with Karr over several months and contacted police.
An attorney for Ramsey's family said the family had given authorities information about the man, but would not say how they knew him.
Officials told the AP that Karr was arrested Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. (EDT) in Bangkok, Thailand, where he's being held on unrelated sex charges. Boulder, Colo., District Attorney Mary Lacy confirmed the arrest, which she called the result of a "focused and complex investigation," but did not confirm details about the suspect.
Karr's resume painted a portrait of a globe-trotting elementary school teacher who is good with children.
This resume was posted on a Web site for teachers seeking jobs.
His mission statement said:
To provide excellence in education that develops academic and technological skills, instills strong values of superior character, develops interpersonal skills and nurtures leadership qualities amongst students to prepare them for a successful future with the expectation that such an education will result in a student of superior poise.
The resume listed places of employment in Honduras; Costa Rica; Germany; Heemstede, Netherlands; and Seoul, Korea.
It also said that Karr is "world travelled," having visited places such as London; Paris; Amsterdam; Zurich; Milan; Bologna; Stuttgart; Munich; Sydney, Australia; Taipei; Singapore; and Istanbul, among others.
The job list also noted his responsibilities at each of those positions. In Germany, Karr said that he taught English to two girls, ages 5 and 8, and a 10-year-old boy. He said that he awoke the children in the mornings and fed them breakfast. He also said that he helped the children get ready for school and "made sure the children had their evening bath, then put them to bed and read to them before they went to sleep."
The man also claimed to have worked at some of the "most prestigious schools in the United States."

Trailer Park Casanova
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Though the slimeball has confessed, his ex still claims he was with her that nite and is going to give him an Alibi.
Sounds like she may be on the family trust fund payroll too.

Kurtis500
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
If the family is not involved, I hope the media persons burn in hell with him.

3 daytona`s
08-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Thats exactly how we felt................
That mother went through alot more hell than we did, but it is a helpless feeling thats for sure. Didnt see the Kilr deal but ***boat has never been short on the lynchmob mentality.
She went thru hell,but your family and your little one had your share.A very close friend went thru a deal some years back.I sat and watched for awhile finally went to him and said I hope you understand but have to know.I just knew he was innocent and I stuck with him until the end but we sure learned who were and who were not "FRIENDS" they scattered like scared rabbits,when it was over started coming around again saying they knew innocent all the time etc etc. He told the to take a flying F_ _ _ You don`t need a friend in the good times you need one when the world`s against you.

Her454
08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
She went thru hell,but your family and your little one had your share.A very close friend went thru a deal some years back.I sat and watched for awhile finally went to him and said I hope you understand but have to know.I just knew he was innocent and I stuck with him until the end but we sure learned who were and who were not "FRIENDS" they scattered like scared rabbits,when it was over started coming around again saying they knew innocent all the time etc etc. He told the to take a flying F_ _ _ You don`t need a friend in the good times you need one when the world`s against you.
Yes, I gave the condensed version of the story but that was a huge part of it. You definitly learn who you're true friends are.

3 daytona`s
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Yes, I gave the condensed version of the story but that was a huge part of it. You definitly learn who you're true friends are.
I can only imagine every time the police pulled up your neighbors were burning up the phone lines and running back and forth talking trash behind your back,very difficult to hold your head high and assure the children.I hope it wasn`t a reason for breakup.

RiverDave
08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Though the slimeball has confessed, his ex still claims he was with her that nite and is going to give him an Alibi.
Sounds like she may be on the family trust fund payroll too.
There's somethings early on here that aren't making alot of sense..
he drugged her? Yet no drugs were found in her blood stream during the autopsy?
This might be a case where this guy was overly fascinated with the case and did a shitload of research on it, digging up every last detail and then trying to actualy talk to the family etc.. It said he had interviewed some of the family way back in the day becuase he had written a paper on the case, and was considering writing a book? This might be where some of the more in depth details came from?
could it be some whackjob turning himself in for a crime he didn't commit? Or perhaps whackjob enough where even he believes he did it, but didn't?
Doesn't make alot of sense, that his exwife claims they were together (unless she's lieing which is always a possibillity) the night she was killed?
I hope this deal is finally done.. and I agree if it turns out this is the guy then the media that implied the family did it should burn in hell.
Even if this guy didn't do it and is just a whack job... I think they oughta hang him anyways. What could he possibly ever contribute to society?
RD

topless
08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
This might be a case where this guy was overly fascinated with the case and did a shitload of research on it, digging up every last detail and then trying to actualy talk to the family etc.. It said he had interviewed some of the family way back in the day becuase he had written a paper on the case, and was considering writing a book? This might be where some of the more in depth details came from?
could it be some whackjob turning himself in for a crime he didn't commit? Or perhaps whackjob enough where even he believes he did it, but didn't?
Doesn't make alot of sense, that his exwife claims they were together (unless she's lieing which is always a possibillity) the night she was killed?
I hope this deal is finally done.. and I agree if it turns out this is the guy then the media that implied the family did it should burn in hell.
Even if this guy didn't do it and is just a whack job... I think they oughta hang him anyways. What could he possibly ever contribute to society?
RDI noticed the inconsistantcies too but it also said he knew details that were never made public.

Her454
08-17-2006, 11:34 AM
RD
And they should send him back over there where they found him to finish out his sentence so we don't have to pay for it.

RiverDave
08-17-2006, 11:43 AM
I noticed the inconsistantcies too but it also said he knew details that were never made public.
He did alot of research on the killing and wrote a paper about it. He also interviewed some of the family becusae he was either going to write a book or did write a book?
If you read enough news articles you can pick up alot of information that would seem wasn't released the public, but actually was?
I don't know, I'm just saying that it's strange he's claiming he drugged her and there was no drugs in the bloodstream. Blood tests aren't exactly something you can debate with. If his DNA matches the one at the crime scene god help him.. But there's some weird shit going on here that isn't adding up. I know in alot of cases in the past where there was serial killers many people turned themselves in for the crime even though they didn't commit it? I'm just wondering if that might be the case here and he had enough info about it to actually pull it off? Might be a case of being in jail in thailand and figuring a way back to the states. If they bring him over here and find out he's full of shit, well then no more jail in thailand As it said at the end of the article
Karr lost any legal protection in Thailand after the revocation, leaving Thai authorities free to hand him over to the U.S.
Pretty sure that goes both ways.. Thailand probably lost their legal rights to throw his ass back in jail, or re-extradite back for the crime.. If they would even want him back in the country.
I hope he did it, and I hope it's finally solved, or atleast another key to finding out the truth, but there's alot of things that aren't adding up right from the get go.
RD

Flyinbowtie
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I read the whole thread here making sure I wouldn't repeat something somebody else had pointed out.
I have just a little different twist than RD.
This guy appears to have a record that is consistent with the behavior of a sociopathic pedophile. According to the media, he has a conviction (in his absence) for 5 misd. counts of Poss. Child Pornography in Nor. Cal. He FTA'd, and they have a warrant out for him.
Pedophiles by nature are big-time into fantasies about their pedophilia. They have to be because it is so difficult and dangerous for them to actively pursue their criminal behavior. This guy, just at first blush, looks to me like he may simply have a long history of fantasizing about this child, her murder, and the entire case. It would be the ultimate rush for him. The fantasy may have reached the point where he has convinced himself he did it, and he gets off on believing that he did. Sick, I know, but this is the way these creatures think. I chased 'em. I've talked to them.
If they get a DNA match on him from her clothing and the tissue from under her fingernails, then right on, let the bastard swing.
Right now though, I ain't convinced.
Of Course, the cop shop running this took alot of heat for the initial investigation, and is probably has been very careful about how they are handling it these days. Cold Case Detectives are usually some of the best in the shop. I hope he is guilty. not just for all the reasons everybody else has already mentioned, but because he will go away for a long time, and he won't hurt anymore kids.

Phat Matt
08-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Miguel knows Joey so there are no assumtions except for maybe on your part.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
RD
Yea, that could very well be the case.
Just a nut.
They should hang him for the lite blue La Cost shirt with the Khaki's anyway.

Outnumbered
08-17-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9695462/detail.html#.......
Dead Psychic's Sketch Of JonBenet Killer Revisited
Same Psychic Helped Colorado Authorities In Hunt For Accused Serial Killer.....
http://www.wsbtv.com/2006/0817/9694206_480X360.jpg

RitcheyRch
08-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Being treated pretty good for a suspected killer.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_232142623.html
JonBenet Supsect Wined And Dined On Flight
(AP) ABOARD THAI AIRWAYS TO LOS ANGELES John Mark Karr, the suspect in the death of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, sipped champagne and ate fried king prawns in business class Sunday after being put aboard a flight to Los Angeles to face charges in the United States.
As Karr wined and dined in style and chatted with the three U.S. officials escorting him, another bombshell emerged: Reports that Karr sought treatment at a Thai sex-change clinic.
His Thai Airways International flight took off about 8 p.m. (9 a.m. EDT) for the 15-hour flight to Los Angeles. Karr’s journey will eventually end in Boulder, Colo., where he is expected to face charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and child sexual assault in connection with the young beauty queen’s 1996 killing.
Karr was not handcuffed while being whisked through Don Muang International Airport in Bangkok. At the departure gate, he talked amiably with fellow passengers.
The 41-year-old teacher sat in a business class window seat next to Mark Spray, an investigator with the Boulder District Attorney’s office. A U.S. Embassy official and an agent with “Homeland Security” on his T-shirt were also part of the escort party.
Before takeoff, Karr took a glass of champagne from a flight attendant and clinked glasses with Spray, who sipped orange juice.
Dinner on board, served on a starched white tablecloth with silverware, was one many passengers would envy. Karr started with a pate, then had a green salad with walnut dressing. The main course was fried king prawn with steamed rice and broccoli. Karr drank a beer, crushing the can with his hands when it was empty, then moved on to a glass of French chardonnay with his main course.
The suspect was relaxed, smiling and chatting nonstop with the U.S. officials next to him—until the television news crews on the flight turned their cameras on. Then he stopped smiling, clutched the armrests of his seat and stared at his lap.
Karr did not speak to reporters, but at one point summoned an AP reporter over to his seat. He mentioned an interview she had given, recalling that someone asked her what he was like.
“You said I looked you straight in the eye when I talked to you and I want to tell you I appreciate that, I thought it was nice,” Karr told the AP reporter.
Just hours before Karr’s departure, a doctor at a seedy but popular clinic in downtown Bangkok specializing in sex-change surgery said Karr had come in for treatment.
“He was one of my patients,” Dr. Thep Vechavisit of the Pratunam Polyclinic said. He refused to provide further details.
Another employee at the clinic, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak to the media, said Karr had talked with the doctor about a sex-change operation. This could not be confirmed by other sources.
Bangkok, where Karr lived on and off for two years, is regarded as a major global center for sex change operations. The Pratunam clinic advertises sex-change surgery for $1,625 -- a bargain compared to U.S. prices, where male-to-female reassignment surgery can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Dr. Thep has received considerable publicity for his male-to-female operations and the clinic is one of the sponsors of an annual beauty pageant for transsexuals in the seaside resort of Pattaya.
Karr appears to have been shadowed by gender issues since his early years, according to excerpts of e-mails published in the Rocky Mountain News that Karr wrote to University of Colorado journalism professor Michael Tracey.
Karr said his father was a “strong influence but rarely around,” and responded to Tracey’s question about whether his “fascination with little girls—which clearly has a strong erotic component—is a way of going back.”
“Maybe I am not going back but have simply stayed consistent,” Karr responded. “My peer group has not changed since I was a little boy, and girls were the people I was with always. Referring to them as a peer group is somewhat incorrect, but might also be the very definition of what they continue to be in my life.”
Karr, once detained on charges of possessing child pornography, in recent years apparently traveled to Europe, Central America and Asia to search for teaching jobs. He taught in at least two Thai schools.
U.S. officials, the only ones to have actually interrogated Karr, have been silent about what he told them, citing his right to privacy and legal procedures. Secondhand accounts by Thai officials have been vague and contradictory.
Karr told reporters Thursday that he was alone with JonBenet when she died in the basement of her home on Dec. 26, 1996, but that her death was an accident.
However, there is little public evidence linking him to the crime, prompting some experts to speculate that he is either lying or delusional.
“Many high-publicity crimes have these people coming out of the woodwork,” said Elizabeth Loftus, director of the Center for Psychology and Law at the University of California-Irvine.
Lawyers for the Ramsey family say a number of people already have confessed to the killing of JonBenet, but none had enough credibility to attract the attention of law enforcement.

Tequila-John
08-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Glad it almost over.

RitcheyRch
08-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, me too.
Glad it almost over.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-20-2006, 12:06 PM
"Lawyers for the Ramsey family say a number of people already have confessed to the killing of JonBenet, but none had enough credibility to attract the attention of law enforcement"
60 minutes has been pointing to someone else that was in a halfway house a short distance away from the Ramsays.
That suspect had far more links to this case than this wack-o.

Her454
08-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Report: JonBenet Murder DNA Doesn't Match Suspect
DNA Evidence Key For Ramsey Murder Suspect
BOULDER, Colo. -- John Mark Karr awaited his first court appearance in Colorado on Monday as a TV station reported that prosecutors decided not to bring charges against him in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey because his DNA failed to match genetic material on the 6-year-old girl's body.
Denver's KUSA, citing two sources close to the investigation, said that hair and saliva taken from Karr in Boulder after his arrival last week were tested over the weekend at the Denver police crime lab and that he was ruled out as the source of the DNA taken from the crime scene.
Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy's office did not immediately return repeated calls from The Associated Press. The Denver police declined comment. Karr's attorneys were with him in jail and were not immediately available for comment.
Karr was scheduled to make his first Colorado court appearance late Monday afternoon.
The best-case scenario for prosecutors would be slam-dunk DNA evidence linking Karr to Ramsey's battered and strangled body.
Without it, experts say, it's still possible -- but much more difficult -- to build a strong murder case against the 41-year-old teacher who has said he was there when the girl died 10 years ago but stopped short of an outright confession.
Karr's first appearance in Boulder County Court is scheduled for Monday afternoon, an advisement hearing expected to last only a few minutes. He has not been formally charged in JonBenet's death.
He will be represented by two public defenders, deputy public defender Seth Temin and Steve Jacobson. Jacobson is a retired public defender and DNA specialist who still has a contractual relationship with the Public Defender's Office, said Carolyn French, spokeswoman for Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy.
Temin and Jacobson were at the jail for about three hours Sunday afternoon and declined to answer questions as they left.
One of Lacy's strengths could be Karr himself, who chose not to fight extradition to Colorado.
Authorities in Sonoma County, Calif., who arrested Karr for possession of child pornography in 2001, said he had made "uncertain allusions to placing himself in the killer's role" in talking about JonBenet and 12-year-old Polly Klaas, who was slain in 1993 in Petaluma, Calif.
Richard Allen Davis, 52, was convicted in 1996 of Polly's kidnapping and murder and is under sentence of death.
"From everything I've seen this guy wants to come back to Boulder," said former Denver prosecutor Craig Silverman. "The only question is whether he's coming to Boulder for the first time. I suspect Mary Lacy has some evidence that it's not his first visit."
JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, were initial targets of a grand jury investigation that ended with no indictments. Patsy Ramsey died in June after learning authorities had turned their attention to Karr, who was living in Thailand when he was detained earlier this month.
In a court filing, prosecutors said they have evidence that has not been disclosed despite a decade of public scrutiny of the case.
Investigators have said DNA was found in blood spots on JonBenet's underwear, but a Ramsey family attorney said two years ago it didn't match any of the 1.5 million samples in an FBI database at the time. Other physical evidence includes a ransom note, a boot print found outside the Ramsey house and some indications an intruder could have entered through a basement window.
But mistakes were made early in the investigation. John Ramsey was allowed to roam the house before finding his daughter's body. Friends of the family came to the home, called by the Ramseys after they found the ransom note.
All of this could come back to haunt prosecutors, experts said.
"You need to overcome a lot of things; in order to convict Karr or anyone else, you need to overcome the evidence that seemingly could be interpreted as pointing at the Ramseys and the severely compromised crime scene," said Scott Robinson, a Denver attorney familiar with the case. "If Karr's DNA is linked to the scene, it's all over but the verdict.
"But if in fact there is no DNA match, a defense attorney could argue that the confession means nothing."
Prosecutors can overcome police mistakes with solid work,

Ziggy
08-28-2006, 01:01 PM
This sucks. Seemed fishy from the start with most people and we all just hoped he was the guy....guess not. :mad:

Three Days Only
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM
CNN reporting DNA doesnt match!!!
They should hang him anyway since he's just one wierd ****!!!!!
What kind of sick-o even says he did that to a kid. I say Kill em anyway.
Reuters - 35 minutes ago
BOULDER, Colo. - Colorado prosecutors won't charge schoolteacher John Mark Karr with the murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey after tests showed his DNA does not match DNA found in her underwear, two local TV stations reported on Monday. Denver's KUSA and KCBS both cited unnamed sources close to the investigation in the reports, which came just hours before Karr, 41, was due for his first Colorado court appearance.

Her454
08-28-2006, 01:09 PM
He should be sent right back - with no champagne on THIS flight! :mad:

MR HARLEY
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Charges against Karr dropped. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14553130/?GT1=8404)