PDA

View Full Version : Gary Bebout - Oklahoma

Gearhead
08-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Please add Gary "Pops" Bebout to your prayers. He is an older gentleman that I met and visited with at Broken Bow lake on several occasions. Mr. Bebout lives near Norman, OK. He was recently involved in a boating accident which damaged his internal organs and his prognosis to live is not good.. Our boating group reported that we would be praying for him and so I ask you to include him in your prayers also.
Pops was running on a local lake in his yellow Cheyenne tunnel at the time of the incident.

steelcomp
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Will do, Steven. Sorry to hear the bad news.

IMPATIENT 1
08-17-2006, 05:03 AM
sorry to hear that. did he have a big yellow scoop too? i think i remember him, i go to broken bow lake at least 5 times a summer.

OkieDave
08-17-2006, 05:43 AM
I hate to hear about this. I met him last summer, he gave me an old Condor hull that I am restoring. I sold my TX boat to his cousin last year. any details about the accident?

Gearhead
08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys for the prayers and concerns. I just received a phone call that Gary past away last night from extensive internal injuries.
I received a report on what happened. Now understand this report has gone through a couple of hands so I hope it is basically correct.
I think Pops was running on one of the local lakes in Oklahoma and made a single pass. The boat flipped and rolled and at first no one watching knew why. When they lifted the boat from the water they found the loader had broke and one of the blades was sticking straight down. This caused one of the sponsons to dig in and flipped the boat. There was a passenger onboard, but the passenger was thrown free of the boat and is basically OK. During the flips/rolls the boat landed on Pops and broke his pelvis, etc. He was in intensive care for several days along with multiple hour surgeries to attempt to repair the damage, but the injuries were too extensive. You can contact his son Bobby at 918-671-9453.
http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/BB07_2006/bebout.jpg

Dog
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Please everyone keep Gary's family in your prays. He was one of the nicest guys you could ever want to be around.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/292IMG_2092_copy.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/292IMG_2093_copy.jpg
These are some pictures from Ft. Cobb last year.
I heard the funeral is Saturday at 2 o'clock in Purcell. I am not sure where. I don't have all the details but I have heard they are having a get together at the old chastains club (I don't know the new name of the place) I heard second hand that the will be discounted drinks and part of the money will go to the family. Really I don't know much everything is second or third hand. But if anyone is interested in more details I am sure I can find out.
Please keep the family in your prayers.

sdba069
08-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

skeeter
08-18-2006, 07:15 PM
bump

skeeter
08-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I found this in the paper for those who are interested.
NORMAN - A boating accident on Lake Thunderbird earlier this month has resulted in the death of a Norman man, the highway patrol reported Thursday.
Gary R. Bebout, 54, died Wednesday at the OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City after he was injured Aug. 8 when his speed boat hit a tree stump about a mile south of the Twin Bridges on Alameda Street, troopers said.
Bebout and passenger Shelby Ramsey, 23, of Oklahoma City were thrown from the boat and had to be pulled from the lake, troopers said. Ramsey suffered minor injuries.

squirt'nmyload
08-18-2006, 07:25 PM
sorry to hear about this.....anything can happen out there.....our thoughts are with the family

Gearhead
08-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Gary R. Bebout
The Norman Transcript
Gary R. Bebout, 54, of Norman died Wednesday, Aug. 16, from a boating accident at Lake Thunderbird. Services will be 2 p.m. today at Union Hill Baptist Church in Purcell with the Rev. Barry McConathy officiating.
Mr. Bebout was born Feb. 16, 1952, in Blythe, Calif., to John Howard and Nina Lee Roten Bebout.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Ken Bebout, and sister Joyce Murray.
He is survived by his wife of 22 years, Glenna Bebout of Norman; sons Brandon Bebout and wife Lindsay of Tulsa, Bobby Bebout and wife Jackie of Tulsa; daughters Kim Lemons and husband Jerry of Lawton and Kelli Stanfield and husband Wendell of Moore; brothers John and Edna Bebout, Boyd and Lawana Bebout, Don and Peggy Bebout, Dale and Marilyn Bebout, Dennis Bebout and Larry Bebout; sisters Martha and Lowell George, Linda Womack and Diane and Carl Garrett; grandchildren Kara, Kristophor, Brittani, Taylor and Hunter; and many other relatives and friends.
Memorials may be made to the charity of choice. Arrangements are by Wilson-Little Funeral Home in Purcell.