PDA

View Full Version : Hull Blueprinting

gunslinger
09-20-2002, 08:09 AM
Who is the person to see? Is it worth the time and money? How much does it cost? When my boat is down at the end of november I might consider it.

126driver
09-20-2002, 08:18 AM
What kind of hull do you have? Depending on how much work is necessary, it can get pricey - $2,500 +. What are you using the boat for? How does it handle now? If it's a decent handling play boat, it's probably not worth it IMO.

gunslinger
09-20-2002, 08:54 AM
The boat is a 1981 hondo runner bottom. It handles fine now, but is not running alot of horses. 2,500 sounds like too much cash. I've heard that the more power you add the more difference blue printing will make. The boat will only be used to "lake race", just looking for that extra advantage.

WILDERTHANU54
09-20-2002, 09:10 AM
I KNOW JIM LANGE AT HIGH TECH MARINE DOES GOOD WORK, I'M NOT SURE ON THE PRICES THOUGH? ? ?
GEOFF

superdave013
09-20-2002, 09:29 AM
Bro, If your not in the points chase in Comp, or PGF or the like I would save your money. Total waste of cash for a lake boat that handles fine if you ask me.
Spend it on a big nitrous set up. You will go faster then! :D

stix818
09-20-2002, 09:44 AM
Man I sure like those Hondos. My old man has an 80 and his was done by Larry Peto down in Tukson (Tucson). Larry told him that it would never run over 130 but as soon as we got it back it ran 134 off the trailer (PGF). I agree with superdave, It's not neccessary for your application, put more power to the water and see what she does then.

gunslinger
09-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info and advice guys. Think SD is right about spending the cash on horsepower. Still new to the game. It's great to be able to ask people who have been there and done that.

pgf127rt
09-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Gunslinger, SD is right on, just get the horses up where you can blow the air out of them traps and let her eat, speedcoat the running surface will help a lot, I always did my speedcoat like overspray, bumps make bubbles and don't stick to slick water.

PGF545
09-21-2002, 03:51 PM
If you plan on fliping the boat over this winter, you might just look and make sure that you don't have any hooks in the bottom. I did our PGF boat a couple of years ago and took a small hook out of it and picked up a bunch, but I don't think that I would spent the money on getting a job done by one of the boat shops for a lake boat. Even though you might not be racing it, it would help to make sure that the bottom is "True". Boats have a tendency to shift around after a few years. Good Luck.
Bernie