voodoomedman
08-17-2006, 06:08 AM
You cannot go wrong with Absolute

Tequila-John
08-17-2006, 06:11 AM
I hear Absolute is great. We take our boat to Eddies in Parker. Cool guy

HatenWinter
08-17-2006, 06:17 AM
ALCO is Merc Certified but customer service is not their strong point! :mad: Just my opinion though. I'll be giving Absolute or Savage a try next time.

blown dough
08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Savage is great they take care of us everytime we go and all the pepole are awesome

Sleek316
08-17-2006, 08:50 AM
JC Marine always does me a good job.
Picks up the boat, services and puts it back.
Has helped me out in a bind on short notice

svlperry
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
the last time i was out there i overheated it pretty good. itook it to a local shop and they said the motor is blown and needs to be rebuilt just wanted to get a second opinon

voodoomedman
08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
the last time i was out there i overheated it pretty good. itook it to a local shop and they said the motor is blown and needs to be rebuilt just wanted to get a second opinon
If I had to get my motor rebuilt I would only want Aaron at Absolute crawling around in it.

Huckleberry
08-18-2006, 09:54 AM
I've used both Absolute and Savage. You can't go wrong with either one, but if given a choice...Aaron at Absolute is da man!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I've used both Absolute(who I still use) and Savage when Aaron was working there. Excellent service from both.

Kachina26
08-18-2006, 10:27 AM
One more vote for Absolute. That's coming from a GM tech of 15 years who has never let anyone work on his stuff! Aaron takes good care of my baby.

onesloryd
08-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I would save Alco as a last resort.

me4drvr
08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
At this point in my repairs, Absolute can suck my left nut...
I figured with all the high acclaims on here I'd get my repairs done there.. boy was I wrong!!
It starts like this, I have a lucky Ilmor with bum valve springs and have the boat taken to them for the repair. Now Bob from Ilmor was great in getting on them to fix it quick, which they did... then comes the service order... I had them do my 20-hr service and had to recommend to Brian to pull the drive and check the alignment (come on now)... low and behold it was 1 1/2" low... so they say they'll take it back to storage. In the mean time Advantage is waiting for the boat to do some other warranty stuff... a week goes by, I call Advantage for status and Absolute STILL has the boat?? WTF?? Apparantly they broke a plug wire and had to wait for the "special order", and another week goes by... no phone calls to me telling me the status on my $140k boat. (I personally like to know where my sh!t is). Now the boat is back at Advantage and they ask if I've had steering issues, nope... well I do now, cus apparantly they pulled a hydraulic hose to do their work and never filled or bled the system (that would have been fun at the ramp :mad: )... to top it off I get another call asking if I had a scrach on the front of the boat... nope... guess what.. you do now... a nice 2' gouge through the fades in my gel... :mad: . Thankfully the guys (Mainly Bob) at advantage takes care of their customers and righting the wrongs.
Bottom line, will I use Absolute again.. NO! Alco, if they can work on Ilmor's, they gave me the BEST service with my other boat and friends' boats. I have yet to use Savage, but they are next in line for Ilmor service.
Best of luck

Kachina26
08-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I have yet to use Savage, but they are next in line for Ilmor service.
Best of luck
Good luck, from what I understand, if they've seen your boat at Absolute you are shit out of luck getting them to work on it. :cry: