PDA

View Full Version : NEED MORE HELP

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 03:36 PM
I have a 10 drg casale split case with drive and free spin. I have it all apart and on the in and out there is a spring and a small ball what does it do and how do i put it back togather. :confused:

06-08-2003, 03:43 PM
That small ball and spring is for the detent for the in/out shifter shaft. Without it or too low of tension the box won't stay in gear. It will pop out of gear when you least want it to.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Oh. Thanks, not everything goes back togather the same way I take it apart wink

Hal
06-08-2003, 04:42 PM
If you can enlarge these pictures you may see the part your talking about. :)
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/Named/Casale-0.JPG
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/Named/Casale-V.JPG

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks Hal where did you find that. Also 104 in a jet with one carb pretty good. :D

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Here is a nother one. Installing the upper bearing in the front.. Which way does the sealed part go. The bearing came sealed and I took off one side. That is what ron told me right. But i forgot which way it goes in. Thanks

Hal
06-08-2003, 06:06 PM
I would put the open part to the inside so it can get oil and the sealed side facing out to keep the dirt out.
I found the drawings at http://www.cpperformance.com/TechTips
That 104 run was with a friends "E" Econo rail
dragster engine in it 25 yrs ago. Since then I've slowed down and so has the boat. Age I guess. :D wink
[ June 08, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 06:15 PM
That sounds right. thanks

GofastRacer
06-08-2003, 06:26 PM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
Here is a nother one. Installing the upper bearing in the front.. Which way does the sealed part go. The bearing came sealed and I took off one side. That is what ron told me right. But i forgot which way it goes in. Thanks If you're talking about the top bearing facing the front of the boat and you don't have tapered bearings, there is a snap ring groove in that bearing, that has to be facing outward because that's how you pull the bearing out of the case, with one of "Superdave"'s super pullers!... :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/12Bearing_Puller.jpg

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-08-2003, 06:52 PM
What about that sheild? I have it opp.

GofastRacer
06-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Are you talking about the cap that bolts on over the bearing??.. :confused:

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-09-2003, 04:33 PM
More ???? I have the motor side done. I have 3 gaskets for the case do the 2 go in front of the plate or behind it? Also for the front bearings do i put the case togather then install the bearings?

Flat 70
06-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Just lurking and saw this, if Im understanding you,the case gaskets don't matter if you put two in front or back and the other one on opposing side of center plate all your after is clearance. Also top bearing goes in last, bottom can already be in case...

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks. I called around and 1 thick,1 thin goes in back and 1 thick in front. Got it togather. :D

GofastRacer
06-09-2003, 08:40 PM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
More ???? I have the motor side done. I have 3 gaskets for the case do the 2 go in front of the plate or behind it? Also for the front bearings do i put the case togather then install the bearings? Ok, when you took it apart didn't you write down what was what?, it all has to go back together the same way. V-Drives are stacked together with the proper clearances, if you have 3 case gaskets that means you have a thick and a thin on one side and it's like that for a reason, not just because they felt like doing it, they have to go back on the same side or else something is not going to have the proper clearance. If you don't remember where they went, don't guess, measure it up!. If this is the first time doing this(which I think it is) and you're not sure how to do it, don't take chances, pack it up and send it to Tom Bentley, it'll be done right and he won't rape ya either!. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, I'm talking from experience, I been down that road before and it was costly, now I measure everything when I put one back together!. just trying to save you some grief!. :rolleyes: