PDA

View Full Version : Remember, "End of an Era"

abraman1326
08-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Remember all, this is the very last weekend that the Berryessa bridge is going to be open. So anyone that is looking to join the "End of an Era" party, come on out and reminice w/ the rest of us on Saturday the 19th. It'll be a good time. Not quite sure how many boats we have going, but add your name, and let's git r done!!!
BRA
1 sleekvino
2 deltarat
3 pimpjuice
4 dave o
5 wettin my shorts
6 billetracing?
7 058?
8. ABRAman- Belt Crew

DAVEO
08-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Have to do sunday cant make saterday.

billet racing 1
08-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I won't make it. Was there last week and a newbie who only owned his boat for two weeks hit me. punched a hole in the hull. Was returning from the North bridge and he came out of a cove, hugging (his) left shore. My right. came around a corner and hit me. I steered right to withiun 20-30 feet of shore. claimed he had engine problems and when he tried to move, the engine stumbled. Either way we took pictures, got his info and it will now cost him about $1,000. But puts me out of commission.
Gave him the old talk about learning how to drive and courtesy and all. hate to discourage a new boater, but damn, he was totally green. Seemed truly sorry for his deeds.
Jerry

abraman1326
08-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Dave, I may try and make it Sunday as well. I have a lot to do before we take off next week, but I may make a mid afternoon run up to Berryessa. If we do, hope we see you, if not, we'll see you at Shasta in 3 weeks...
Billet, Hope all is well w/ your sled, and the damage is not too bad. Hope nobody was injured. WE can replace fiberglass, people are a little harder to fix...
BRA