PDA

View Full Version : Do I qualify as a tunnel boat owner?

HM
08-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I just bought a 1974 Campbell Tunnel V-drive, set up whaler style from ITL RUN. But, I don't own a Rhino. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16111
Now, I bought it less motor. I have a n/a 502 and will be installing a procharger M1 blowthru with intercooler setup for 7lbs of boost. The 502 is in the low 600 HP range before putting the procharger on it (motor was claimed to be 630HP). IT will be much more stealthy than the picture above as I plan to cover the engine. It is a coold boat and very nostalgic as only a few of them were ever built.

riverbound
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM
That thing is cool. Interesting to say the least.

andy01
08-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the club of good ridding boats. Now put up some more pictures of that, like a front shoot if you have it.
Andy

Dave C
08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
you appear to be on the right track... except fill up some more buckets of your hard earned money and toss them right out the window. :rollside:
oh, and install a billet cigarette lighter in your new boat...
you should be all set.... :rollside:

HM
08-18-2006, 09:37 AM
you appear to be on the right track... except fill up some more buckets of your hard earned money and toss them right out the window. :rollside:
oh, and install a billet cigarette lighter in your new boat...
you should be all set.... :rollside:
FYI - I had a flatty that I had about $150K into that I could'nt sell for $15k. Blowing up blower motors every other year along with several Dick Vale Paint jobs start to add up. :D

unleashed
08-18-2006, 09:44 AM
FYI - I had a flatty that I had about $150K into that I could'nt sell for $15k. Blowing up blower motors every other year along with several Dick Vale Paint jobs start to add up. :D
Nice boat.....that flatty you had was freaking awesome...somehow I thought you still owned it.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Dave C
08-18-2006, 09:52 AM
my apologies, you appear to know exactly what your doing....carry on!! :crossx:
actually what I meant was, waste buckets of money on useless items.... you know the kind of stuff that actually slows it down rather than make it faster.... :rollside:

DMOORE
08-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Congrats on the new ride. That thing should haul some butt with your new blower motor.
Darrell.

HM
08-18-2006, 11:34 AM
my apologies, you appear to know exactly what your doing....carry on!! :crossx:
actually what I meant was, waste buckets of money on useless items.... you know the kind of stuff that actually slows it down rather than make it faster.... :rollside:
I tend to keep my budget on stuff that makes it fast or makes it look fast. :D