PDA

View Full Version : Going to Maui

NorCalCat
08-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Been several times, but I am looking to do something nice for the wife. Romantic...staying at the Kea Lani in Wailea.
Ideas?

jbone
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Candles and whip cream should be romantic.
J

All IN
08-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Nicks fish restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. If you want to pay $100 per person go to the Grand Waliea they have the best pool/waterslide/water elevator in the world.
Yes I did say a water elevator--the only one in the world at a cost of over a milion dollars.

NorCalCat
08-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Nicks fish restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. If you want to pay $100 per person go to the Grand Waliea they have the best pool/waterslide/water elevator in the world.
Yes I did say a water elevator--the only one in the world at a cost of over a milion dollars.
Stayed there last year. Killer water elevator and swim up bar. The Mia-Tie's kicked my butt. Nicks is great also.

Ziggy
08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Take her to Little Beach, just a bit south of there....:D :D Its a short hike/climb over the point from Big Beach..
Now thats romance...LOL
if you've been there a few times you know I'm kidding, right
The middle pic of my wife in my sigline is at BigBeach. ;)

Throttle
08-18-2006, 12:10 PM
a trip to the islands sounds pretty damn good to me... but who would go with me?
Have a great trip!

Cheap Thrills
08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
a trip to the islands sounds pretty damn good to me... but who would go with me?
Have a great trip!
For God's sakes man, don't ask that over in the bench racers forum. it'll be pandemonium !
C.T. :wink:

a catered life
08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
shit if your buying i might be able to fit into a 2 piece :crossx: shorts and tank top of course
i was trying to take the family this christmas and the dam price of the plane tickets was to much $3200

NorCalCat
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
shit if your buying i might be able to fit into a 2 piece :crossx: shorts and tank top of course
i was trying to take the family this christmas and the dam price of the plane tickets was to much $3200
Here is a great site for discounted trips. It is direct form airlines or hotes.
www.skyauction.com (http://)

imbndvs
08-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Mamas Fish House!!! GREAT place to have a wonderful romantic dinner. Its right on the beach, incredible sunset views and great food. Mamas is our favorite place in the world to eat. Make sure you try the Opakapaka done mamas style. I can't stress Mamas enough, anyone ever going to Maui should eat there!

Devil's Advocate
08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Is there room for a third? I promise I won't bug you guys :D

rdcjuanb
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Mamas Fish House!!! GREAT place to have a wonderful romantic dinner. Its right on the beach, incredible sunset views and great food. Mamas is our favorite place in the world to eat. Make sure you try the Opakapaka done mamas style. I can't stress Mamas enough, anyone ever going to Maui should eat there!
I second Mamas Fish House, the family and I will be eating there next Friday, its a must when visiting Maui.

Parker Dreamin
08-18-2006, 01:54 PM
to the Grand Waliea they have the best pool/waterslide/water elevator in the world.
The family is going for 7 days and we are staying at the Grand Waliea, I had no idea about the slide etc... cant wait.
We have been to Momma's as well... was pretty damn good.

imbndvs
08-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I second Mamas Fish House, the family and I will be eating there next Friday, its a must when visiting Maui.
Jerk! Thanks for rubbing it in!!! :rollside:

NorCalCat
08-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Yup, we are leaving on Wednesday. Staying at the Kea Lani in Wailea next to Mamas.
Doing the Helo tour on Friday.

Tequila-John
08-18-2006, 02:49 PM
The family is going for 7 days and we are staying at the Grand Waliea, I had no idea about the slide etc... cant wait.
We have been to Momma's as well... was pretty damn good.
Nice bud. Please be careful on the slide. Thanks

blown dough
08-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Take her to Little Beach, just a bit south of there....:D :D Its a short hike/climb over the point from Big Beach..
Now thats romance...LOL
if you've been there a few times you know I'm kidding, right
The middle pic of my wife in my sigline is at BigBeach. ;)
Ha Ha , Iknow exaclty what you are talking about!!!!!!!!

SHOTKALLIN
08-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Ditto....most romantic dinner in Maui.

Parker Dreamin
08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Nice bud. Please be careful on the slide. Thanks
will do bud, and you be carefull in the desert...dont get bit by a cobra....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lucky
08-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Been several times, but I am looking to do something nice for the wife. Romantic...staying at the Kea Lani in Wailea.
Ideas?
DUDE CLEARLAKE WAS OFF THE HOOK WITH BOARD STOCK THIS WEEKEND -WHERE WHERE YA :)

socalUltra22
08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Eric,
Whats up, I finally stopped lurking. You guys will have a great time. We stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it. Nick's is awesome, keep your eye on the salt and pepper shakers it is how the waiters communicate. You should try the tour that takes you up to the top of the volcano for sunrise it's amazing but you have to get up at the butt crack of dawn.
Suhl.

NorCal Gameshow
08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
It was the most I've spent on a dinner(and beverages) :D for 4, And worth every penny :cool:

Sandbar Mike
08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Norcal,
Easy on the alcohol this time,your going to need to stay fresh so you can take care of business if you know what i mean. :cool: :rollside: LMAO
Seriously have a great trip. Windsurfing is a blast, gve it a shot.

Ziggy
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Eric,
Whats up, I finally stopped lurking. You guys will have a great time. We stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it. Nick's is awesome, keep your eye on the salt and pepper shakers it is how the waiters communicate. You should try the tour that takes you up to the top of the volcano for sunrise it's amazing but you have to get up at the butt crack of dawn.
Suhl.
And take a jacket up there, its colder than a witches tit. Awesome views of the crater and if conditions are right you can see the Big Island to the south. If you like winding roads you'll love the drive up there.
The area you are staying has the best beaches on the island. Lahaina is good for a day of shopping.

NorCalCat
08-22-2006, 01:28 PM
DUDE CLEARLAKE WAS OFF THE HOOK WITH BOARD STOCK THIS WEEKEND -WHERE WHERE YA :)
Dude! My out-laws had their 40th aniversary party. It sucked, and I am totaly holding a grudge against them! I heard it was sick. Just do me a favor, Lucky, tell me it was boring and there was no hot chicks.

NorCalCat
08-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Eric,
Suhl.
Wudup Papa? Welcome to the boards. Labor day at Havasu, ha? Well have fun.
leaving tomorrow for Maui, I need a break.

NorCalCat
08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Norcal,
Easy on the alcohol this time,your going to need to stay fresh so you can take care of business if you know what i mean. :cool: :rollside: LMAO
Seriously have a great trip. Windsurfing is a blast, gve it a shot.
Mike, thats called Whiskey Dick, hasn't happened since high school. Or that only happens when you break a drive. :220v:

lucky
08-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Mike, thats called Whiskey Dick, hasn't happened since high school. Or that only happens when you break a drive. :220v:
Sup Nor Cal CAt - Board stalk was a crazy party last weekend (At konocti) - We are going to have toget together one day on the lake. I'll just have to start saving for a W drive so i can mount another Motor :) so i can keep up with ya ,, commmmmonnn - Cia Chris

Bradman
08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Great choice in hotels. The Kea Lani is an all suite hotel but, I would definatly up grade to an ocean view room. Also, like imbndvs said, Mama's fish house is excellent. If you want to save alot of money on alcohol, there is a Costco right by the airport.

NOCTURNAL
08-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Take a helicopter tour - the best way to see the island.

Mrs.Killer
08-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Is there room for a third? I promise I won't bug you guys :D
Make room for me...

No Ka Oi
08-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Yup, we are leaving on Wednesday. Staying at the Kea Lani in Wailea next to Mamas.
Doing the Helo tour on Friday.
If you're staying next to Mama's Fish House, then you are definitely not in Wailea. If you are looking for something romantic, spend a night at the Hana Hotel. You will experience old Hawaii!
Don't bring home any lava rocks!
Have a great trip
Aloha!

Trailer Park Casanova
08-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Ideas?
Best place on earth do do absolutely nothing and have a teriffic time.

NorCalCat
08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Make room for me...
I have a car picking us up at 6:30 am, you gonna be ready?

NorCalCat
08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks all, I will let you all know how it was.

Dan Lorenze
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Mama's Fish house doesn't dissapoint.. Probably the nicest place on earth. Breath taking ambiance. Their Macadamia nut crusted Ono is my favorite.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/Maui056.jpg (http://)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/Maui058.jpg (http://)

H4215
08-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Gotta second the notions of NO KA OI. Mama's is great, but if you're looking for something different and along the lines you're asking a day in Hana is your best choice. Stay at the Hotel Hana for a night, and during the day you can relax at Hamoa Beach. In this Hawaiian's humble opinion, who's MauiBuilt thru and thru; Hamoa Beach is the best beach on Maui. The dinner you have at the Hotel that night will not be as good as Mama's, and yet their food is pretty good; but the setting and ambience will be much better than Mama's. If you want to go above and beyond spend a night at Molokai Ranch Resort. The resort is expensive, and their food is tasty; but both of these places are quiet, beautiful, and have more of a local feel to them. The good news is that you can take a ferry out of Lahaina to Molokai for about 60ish round trip. During this time of year it is prety nice and not too rough, I have to assume you do alright on boats given these particuliar Forums.
Howzit NO KA OI, and everyone headed there have a nice trip and stay.
Maui No Ka Oi

No Ka Oi
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
glad to find someone else of the boards from Maui! right-on! I'm sure everyone will agree, that if you have been to Hana (all day trip, start early) it will make your trip to Maui a trip you will always remember. 52 bridges to Hana!
NCC, have a great trip and Aloha!

bruddah
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
one more right here! hana is very nice i have to agree with the otta boyz. and the hotel is also very nice as said. hope you have a great tripand although its not romantic there are a lot of very nice hikes to get to romantic places there as well. hope you have a good trip.
no ka oi,h4215, howzit?! most my family is on oahu but stayed in napili for a while!

LAVEYSABRE575
08-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Ya don't bring any lava home real bad luck , might burn a pooka in your shorts, sounds like we have some local boys here. Hearing some of this pigeon talk all the sudden im talking pigeon around here time to go caucau (plate lunch) Allpow posting for now....Derek

H4215
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Time fo staart one Kanaka Hot Boat/River Rats Club, naaa we go grine instead. Howzit bruddahs, Aloha and Good Times. No need a lava rock the rocks on the beaches in Topock r mow hot den da lava kine li dat. Nice to hear from ya and I'll be watching for ya out on the water. Mahalo. :rollside:

No Ka Oi
08-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Time fo staart one Kanaka Hot Boat/River Rats Club, naaa we go grine instead. Howzit bruddahs, Aloha and Good Times. No need a lava rock the rocks on the beaches in Topock r mow hot den da lava kine li dat. Nice to hear from ya and I'll be watching for ya out on the water. Mahalo. :rollside:
eh, no need stat one kanaka hot boat club, just stat a kanaka joke thread...or maybe one about da kine .... best kau kau place in Las Vegas or Los Angeles.
I'm sure everybode unda stand eh?

H4215
08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Vegas is easy; Aloha Specialities on the Second Floor of the California Hotel. You walk into the Cal and you can spock the Locals all over. Plus right across from Aloha Specialities is a Lapperts and 808 store w/ crack seed an' li dat. All of you Mainland kine peeps (not locals) who like L&L BBQ this place is much better. Bruddah and No Ka Oi next time you come Vegas way let me know, and I'll take you to a few local's spots. Almost anywhere you go off Fremont in Downtown Vegas they have local kine grinds.
In L.A. its been a long time but I went to a place in Torrance a few times. I think it was off of Artesia Blvd., I can't think of the name; but their food was pretty good. You take the 91 W and when it ends it is about 3 miles down on the right hand side, it looked like an old Chinese restaurant.
In your neck of the woods No Ka Oi I just went a L&L type place in Aliso Viejo that was pretty good, and they had real kine Shave Ice too. It's called Nalu Island Grill and it's off Alicia Pkwy. a just west of Pacific Park in a shopping plaza on the left hand side as you head towards the beach. It's next to a Starbuck's.
Sorry Bruddah, I spent some time down your way (SD County) but never found a local-style restaurant. I am sure they we're there or are now, but I was there 20 years ago. We just waited until Junior had a BBQ back then.

ThongMagnet
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Take a helicopter tour - the best way to see the island. I agree...the helicopter tour was great. Take the 2000 foot sea cliff tour.

chub
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
My wife's favorite place is HI. I asked her if she wanted to go this year this coming week. Her reply, " let's just go to the river house, lay in the sun and enjoy the beautiful water and it's just like being there but free."
God knows I love my wife!

No Ka Oi
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Ideas?
I thought by now, you would have posted pictures and mentioned all things you did on Maui, like going to Haleakala, Hana, Makena, etc.
Let's have it....how was your trip????