PDA

View Full Version : pulled over for noise at sandbar?

cap'n chuy
08-18-2006, 05:22 PM
anyone been pulled over lately for noise in the refuge?

Troy McClure
08-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I broke down and put mufflers on this year, so no. However Fish and Game (I think?) have been pretty active on the river this year. If you're not muffed, you might want to stay away. :cry: :cry:

HatenWinter
08-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Has anyone been pulled over that has a stock 496 or just big power??? I heard awhile back someone was pulled over with whackers..... :mad:

Parker Dreamin
08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
anybody

cap'n chuy
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
We were pulled over twice with a 525 once at Mead and once at Havasu. :cry:

shockwavebd
08-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Got a ticket last year for nosie by the catfish cops.....$107.00 at the sandbar

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Last year when I was in a friends jet boat. :yuk:

cap'n chuy
08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
well talk to y'all later. headin to havasu!!! :)

HatenWinter
08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Were heading out Monday for a week, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

ratso
08-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Last year when I was in a friends jet boat. :yuk:
...what kinda noise was you makin'? :crossx:

Coach
08-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I can say I didn't see one patrol boat on the water this last year. 10 trips from April until Aug almost every other weekend. We regular the Sandbar every trip on a Saturday coming from the Topock area going south. Not one boat in our group has mufflers. That is 2 496's, 2 502's, and a 454 and a 525.

CornWater
08-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I can say I didn't see one patrol boat on the water this last year. 10 trips from April until Aug almost every other weekend. We regular the Sandbar every trip on a Saturday coming from the Topock area going south. Not one boat in our group has mufflers. That is 2 496's, 2 502's, and a 454 and a 525.
All the people with noise tickets probably made it up.....
:rolleyes:

Coach
08-18-2006, 08:06 PM
All the people with noise tickets probably made it up.....
:rolleyes:
Just my experience this season, didn't say it didn't happen to others. :lightsabe

CornWater
08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Just my experience this season, didn't say it didn't happen to others. :lightsabe
Just bustin' your balls... I've been lucky thus far as well....

Tequila-John
08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Jesus the Havasu cop love to write those tickets.

Parker Dreamin
08-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Jesus the Havasu cop love to write those tickets.
I hear if you run anything to load in Parker they will impound your boat along with a ticket... better stay away...

Tequila-John
08-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I hear if you run anything to load in Parker they will impound your boat along with a ticket... better stay away...
Really bud?

Parker Dreamin
08-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Really bud?
ya, Parker sucks... :)

Kilrtoy
08-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Has anyone been pulled over that has a stock 496 or just big power??? I heard awhile back someone was pulled over with whackers..... :mad:
Moneyfornothin got a ticket and he has an OUTBOARD.......
They are going way over board

No Name
08-18-2006, 09:28 PM
My exhaust is very loud because it’s under the step and it's like a cave in there, and I didn’t have a problem with LE at all when I was there last time. I only went as far as the sand bar and the springs. I ran into them several times during the trip and even passed them twice late knight going thru the channel and thought for sure I was getting stopped, :o they did not even look at me. :confused:
What do you think my chances making it to Topock are? :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
anyone been pulled over lately for noise in the refuge?
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120349
Thanks for reminding me.......
I still gotta pay that ticket.....
Just need to find out where I put it.....
Later,
CJG
:cry:

RiverToysJas
08-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Got a ticket last year for nosie by the catfish cops.....$107.00 at the sandbar
Yeah, but that was because you were talking too loud! :crossx:

superdave013
08-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Was it a stock outboard? I've heard some loud outboards too. Granted they were not stock exhaust though.

shockwavebd
08-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Yeah, but that was because you were talking too loud! :crossx:
Focker...............LOL

Beer-30
08-19-2006, 07:43 AM
My exhaust is very loud because it’s under the step and it's like a cave in there, and I didn’t have a problem with LE at all when I was there last time. I only went as far as the sand bar and the springs. I ran into them several times during the trip and even passed them twice late knight going thru the channel and thought for sure I was getting stopped, :o they did not even look at me. :confused:
What do you think my chances making it to Topock are? :D
Same here. Stock HO, no mufflers, in a swimstep cave. I have had the patrol boat directly behind me idling through the channel. They passed me to get to the kids on the boat ahead of us. Never even looked at me as they passed. Been to Topock 'bout 3 or 4 times and haven't been bothered.

Not So Fast
08-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Same here. Stock HO, no mufflers, in a swimstep cave. I have had the patrol boat directly behind me idling through the channel. They passed me to get to the kids on the boat ahead of us. Never even looked at me as they passed. Been to Topock 'bout 3 or 4 times and haven't been bothered.
As stated before "act like an ass hole and expect to be stopped" by any LEO. From a pretty good source the info reads that there is one particular fish ranger that is a big butt hole on this subject thru the refuge. Dont know if he's federal or AZ but the source says this one guy is making it hard on all of them and they hate him for it. A little bird told me this. :rolleyes: NSF

USCFAN
08-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Last weekend heading from the Sandbar two of my buddies were stopped. One has twin 625's with Eddie Marine Big Gunz, and the other has 496ho's with no exhaust. When we left the Sandbar it seemed like they all came out of no where. My friend with the Eddie Marine exhaust was more than a little pissed, because when he bought the boat he was told they were using the Eddie Marine exhaust because they were with in the guidelines for decibals. I told him he should take the ticket to Eddie Marine and tell him to pay it. After all isn't the whole purpose of exhaust to be able to pass?

Holland
08-19-2006, 08:23 AM
We were pulled over twice with a 525 once at Mead and once at Havasu. :cry:
us too ...$107.00 a pop. I dont know if I would pass with mufflers, but when LE sees them, they usually wave and carry on.

Not So Fast
08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Last weekend heading from the Sandbar two of my buddies were stopped. One has twin 625's with Eddie Marine Big Gunz, and the other has 496ho's with no exhaust. When we left the Sandbar it seemed like they all came out of no where. My friend with the Eddie Marine exhaust was more than a little pissed, because when he bought the boat he was told they were using the Eddie Marine exhaust because they were with in the guidelines for decibals. I told him he should take the ticket to Eddie Marine and tell him to pay it. After all isn't the whole purpose of exhaust to be able to pass?
What agency wrote them?? Good luck with Eddie, their after sale attitude sucks NSF

USCFAN
08-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe it AZ wildlife or something like that... Whoever it was they were out in full force. They had three boats out and stopped about 4 boats in a 5 minute period... As far as Eddie Marine goes I would imagine it would be pretty difficult to get them to do anything.

Acommanderguy
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
yup moneyfornothin has a stock outboard. we were behind him in my jet when we saw the fish and game get him, then there was another so i let off the throttle, bc I am louder then he is, and knew I wouldve gotten popped.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes i got popped with a stock outboard in the refuge. Here is my advice if you pass a fish and game and you no your loud just stay in the throttle (unless they turn there light on and you see them) and run up to moabi or needles. When i passed the fish and lame, they didnt turn there lights on (that i saw, passed them at about 70ish, SAFELY) i went up around the bend and shut it down for a quick dip. They cum buzzing around the corner a few minutes later, spot me and turn there lights on. I never thought in a million years my outboard would be to loud so i didnt even no what the contact was for. Anywho, lesson learned, next time i will just keep my foot in it and head for needles. I have never heard of anyone getting noise tickets on the lake however, so if your real loud (and cant pass the launch ramp guys) maybe just run it on the lake?

DMOORE
08-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Moneyfornothin,
Did the LEO actually have a meter on him to measure the decibils? Or did the D@&K head just give it the " It sounded too loud to me response? If no meter was used it seems very hard to believe he would win if you went to court. If I'm not mistaken, the burden of proof is on them. Still sucks anyways.
Darrell.

ratso
08-19-2006, 03:49 PM
If I even catch any of these pricks, (not to disrespect all the lake patrol) and on my lake they ALL are, I just haul ass the other direction. They cracked down on us in the early 90's because a guy with Texas Parks and Wildlife had a hard on for speedboats and harassing them. Once he left things kinda got back to normal. It just seems if they run out of things to enforce, they just create more bs to enforce. :yuk:

superdave013
08-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes i got popped with a stock outboard in the refuge. Here is my advice if you pass a fish and game and you no your loud just stay in the throttle (unless they turn there light on and you see them) and run up to moabi or needles. When i passed the fish and lame, they didnt turn there lights on (that i saw, passed them at about 70ish, SAFELY) i went up around the bend and shut it down for a quick dip. They cum buzzing around the corner a few minutes later, spot me and turn there lights on. I never thought in a million years my outboard would be to loud so i didnt even no what the contact was for. Anywho, lesson learned, next time i will just keep my foot in it and head for needles. I have never heard of anyone getting noise tickets on the lake however, so if your real loud (and cant pass the launch ramp guys) maybe just run it on the lake?
wow, I hope he goes after all the bass fisherman too then.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Moneyfornothin,
Did the LEO actually have a meter on him to measure the decibils? Or did the D@&K head just give it the " It sounded too loud to me response? If no meter was used it seems very hard to believe he would win if you went to court. If I'm not mistaken, the burden of proof is on them. Still sucks anyways.
Darrell.
He actually did qoute me a deciabal level that i was, and what the law was. Im sure i could fight the ticket, but its just not worth the headace for 107dollars. My boat can be a bit loud when i start turning some rpm's but still definatly not as loud as half the boats out there. Whatever im looking at it as a 107 dollar donation to keep the river beautiful! However i was pretty pist when it first happend.

DMOORE
08-19-2006, 05:52 PM
He actually did qoute me a deciabal level that i was, and what the law was. Im sure i could fight the ticket, but its just not worth the headace for 107dollars. My boat can be a bit loud when i start turning some rpm's but still definatly not as loud as half the boats out there. Whatever im looking at it as a 107 dollar donation to keep the river beautiful! However i was pretty pist when it first happend.
I know what you mean with the whole "fitting It " thing. At least 2 days wasted in court for what? It just sucks that they would give ya a ticket, when you know (as stated earlier) if you were in a bass boat they wouldn't even give you a second look.
Darrell.

vee-driven
08-19-2006, 06:25 PM
WTF!!!!!! i remember when you could do anything at the river. we all have Grier Rush to thank for all this shit after running over the kids at the river a few years back is when all this crap started to snowball, i guess they figure if its loud it must be fast and want to kill the performance boat market. just my 2 cents form what i have seen at the river after all these years. why they always trying to hold the white man back from having a good time. FTW

78CoLe
08-19-2006, 11:53 PM
I live in golden shores/topock run my jet boat no mufflers up and down the river never had a problem parker they hate me though but somany boat prob couldnt figure were the noise was coming from seem like as long as you dont act like a a5$ they dont bother you up here p.s. the no wake zone is in full effect from pu5$y rock to devils elbow no wake

cc239badlands
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Last weekend I saw two sheriff boats coming back from sandbar holding what appeared to be sounding devices or possibly radar guns. They were around a point similar to CHP hiding in wait. Does anyone know anything about this?

Leeward
08-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a "noise" trap.