PDA

View Full Version : Need Sub Enclousure

talbert450r
08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Looking for someone experienced to give me a price on a custom fit sub enclousure for a JL 12W6V2. The box will be for a new Ultra 24 Stealth, I would like it to fit under the left bench seat in the bow and the sub would be mounted on the wall that seperates the cuddy from the open bow. I also might need 4 6"x9" speakers installed 2 in the bow area panel below seats and 2 in the rear panel below bench seat. Thanx

jbone
08-20-2006, 05:32 AM
If it is still in the build up stage, why not have them glass in a box down there.
That's what Shockwave did for me and it looks real clean.
J

talbert450r
08-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Ultra will probably charge an arm and a leg to do that for me, having a glass box would look sweet. Thanks for the idea.
:cool:

jbone
08-21-2006, 04:19 AM
When I say glassed in, it was simply a box of proper cu ft made as part of the boat. It was not gel coated or anything, it was covered with carpet that matched the interior. I don't think I was charged very much at all. Maybe a $100.
J

sigepmock
08-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Ultra will probably charge an arm and a leg to do that for me
:cool:
I doubt it. I'd try and see what they say....I have heard of them doing it in the past. They go pretty far to make their customers happy.
Chris

Not So Fast
08-21-2006, 07:46 AM
What ever you do I suggest you dont buy into the 'Free Air" mode of thinking! There is way too much stuff on or in a boat (deck boat for sure)that rattles like hell when the knob goes up. Boxes are the only way period!!!!! NSF

talbert450r
08-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Freeair sucks, sounds like crap too. Ill drop an e-mail John West and see if he can hook me up with the glass box, if the other boat makers will go that extra mile I think John will too. :lightsabe

sigepmock
08-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Freeair sucks, sounds like crap too. Ill drop an e-mail John West and see if he can hook me up with the glass box, if the other boat makers will go that extra mile I think John will too. :lightsabe
He should be able to no problem. Make sure you give him the volume of airspace needed for that sub. Are you gonna run one or two of them. I ran two in our 21 Stealth in a similar location and they hit pretty hard. Ran them with JL amps and never had an overheating problem.
Good luck and congrats on the new boat,
Chris

talbert450r
08-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Sig your boat looks fricken sweet, you taking it to the regetta next year? I would like to see it in person. Im only going to run 1, its a JL 12"W6 it puts out twice as much as some other 12"s. Hopefully I can pick my boat up in the next 2-3 weeks, should be out of the mold any day now!!!

sigepmock
08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Sig your boat looks fricken sweet, you taking it to the regetta next year? I would like to see it in person. Im only going to run 1, its a JL 12"W6 it puts out twice as much as some other 12"s. Hopefully I can pick my boat up in the next 2-3 weeks, should be out of the mold any day now!!!
Thanks for the kind words......we can't wait to get it out on the water. John and the rest of the crew have been great but I'm sure you already know that. Definately will be at the regatta next year....hell we were there this year in the pontoon boat :crossx:
The W6's hit nice, I'm pretty sure that's what we're gonna run in the new boat. They hit super hard in our 21' Stealth almost too much. John will definately work with you to dial in the new boat, they did a lot of extra stuff for us in preparation for our stereo install. Just make sure you let Holly know about the changes too....she really runs the show down there :D
If you ever need/want progress pics don't be afraid to ask on hear....lot's of ***boaters down in that area that don't mind stopping by Ultra to take a few shots for you.
Welcome to the Ultra Family, you're gonna love your boat.
Chris

ROZ
08-22-2006, 12:27 AM
I can't believe that you're using a nonphotoshopped picture in your signature line! :D

sigepmock
08-22-2006, 06:04 AM
I can't believe that you're using a nonphotoshopped picture in your signature line! :D
I know....I actually kind of miss it :cry:

voodoomedman
08-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Great idea. Have it setup for being put under the cuddy. I wish mine were there. Mine are under the hatch because it would have been a tight fit because the ice chest is on the one side. In hindsight I should have said to do it anyway. Sounds great when just chilling but cannot hear the bass when underway. I don't think fish like it either. I can hear boom boom boom underwater.