PDA

View Full Version : Poll. Who has your tools now????

Jim W
08-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Have you ever helped out a fellow Hot Boater with a break down and come up missing a tool or two???
Who was it and how long untill you got the tool back back???
I'll start.
Dans66stevens has had my $1.99 pliers now since June 10th!!!!!! :boxingguy
Just now, I heard he sold them in a yard sale to Smokinglowriderss....and made a pretty good profit.........>WTF??? :220v: :rollside:
Let's hear your story.
Be good, Jim
P.S.---can someone plz post a link to Harbour Freight Tool's???
I better order some plier's.

JetBoatRich
08-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Desert Rat has LOVEMYULTRA'S engine hoist :rolleyes: I borrowed a while ago :rolleyes: then he borrowed :cool: of course DJ approved the loaning of the hoist :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-20-2006, 06:13 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/
Glad I can be of help Jim. :D :D
In case that doesn't help enough:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1

Jim W
08-20-2006, 06:27 AM
Smokin,
You sure drove a long way for Dan's yard sale!!
Enjoy my pliers!!!!!!
Be good, Jim

Parker Dreamin
08-20-2006, 06:52 AM
lending tools is like handing a beer to a buddy... they will always take them.

jbone
08-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Does the 30 day rule apply to tools??
J

ratso
08-20-2006, 07:43 AM
lending tools is like handing a beer to a buddy... they will always take them.
...or money.

Desert Rat
08-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Desert Rat has LOVEMYULTRA'S engine hoist :rolleyes: I borrowed a while ago :rolleyes: then he borrowed :cool: of course DJ approved the loaning of the hoist :rolleyes:
Who was the last to use it? :idea: If i remember correctly that is a big block flex plate that is still laying on the hoist that was going to be discarded when that same person returned the hoist??? :argue: :D
By the way I do need to clear it out. I have by brothers Lavey coming south in a week or two and I need the room. Need to get rid of the evap cooler and engine stand too. :rolleyes:

DansBlown73Nordic
08-20-2006, 09:01 AM
What Pliers?? :rolleyes:

Misogynist
08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I remember a "buddy" borrowed a slide pull hammer.... Months later he said he didn't have it... I went to his house, opened his tool box, pulled out the puller and asked him when he enscribed MY initials into the tool. Then the fool said " let me keep it and when you need it you can borrow it back ". I told him I need it right now.... and will never lend him chit again.

doesitfloat?
08-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I can't even begin to count how many tools I have lost to neighbors and friends. Piisses me off and I usually forget who has what. I'm now writing it down.
What I hate is when neighbors see you with a new piece of equipment, like a pressure washer, and say, "I'll have to borrow that from you sometime."
I don't loan equipment anymore cuz when it finally breaks down, it's usually when I'm on a job and am in a bind and I can't help think that if I hadn't lent it out, it would still be working right now.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Smokin,
You sure drove a long way for Dan's yard sale!!
Enjoy my pliers!!!!!!
Be good, Jim
E-bay is terrific for saving gas. :D

RitcheyRch
08-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Reason I dont loan tools out.

Jim W
08-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Damn it!!!
I hate it when I get screwed on E-Bay...........
Be good, Jim

JetBoatRich
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Who was the last to use it? :idea: If i remember correctly that is a big block flex plate that is still laying on the hoist that was going to be discarded when that same person returned the hoist??? :argue: :D
By the way I do need to clear it out. I have by brothers Lavey coming south in a week or two and I need the room. Need to get rid of the evap cooler and engine stand too. :rolleyes:
DJ needs it back, lets shoot for this week one night after work :cool: