PDA

View Full Version : Would You Go out the Easy way, or hang on to the End?:

Trailer Park Casanova
08-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Wife just walked in from work pretty emotional and down.
She legally helped a patient die last nite with the family present.
It's really tough on her, just as it is on the family.
The patient wanted it.
Not too many of us are prepaired for death and the dying process.
Especially because death sometimes comes on wings. But usually it's a slow painfull process for the patient, and the family and close friends.
It's not the panic "I don't wanna die" chaos like ya see in the James Cagney movies.
At least the wife never has seen it that way, nor did I see that ever happen when I was in combat in the Marines.
People on their way out usually want to know what their situation is, and accept it peacefully.
Had an old aunt once in the hospital and she asked me to send away the staff and let her die.
I did.
Ya think you'd just accept it, or would you go through the hell of treatment EVEN if the chances were slim?

OGShocker
08-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I am not sure what I will be diagnosed with, but I know the car crash I die in will be SPECTACULAR!!!

bigq
08-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Since I rarely get sick and am in what seems great health I am sure I will die a slow painful death from some unknown disease. So just unplug me and I will go in peace.

RitcheyRch
08-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Not sure until get to that point which hope is not anytime soon.

Tom Brown
08-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Slim chance is a whole different ball game from no chance.
Remember, good health is simply the slowest rate at which you can die.

coolchange
08-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Slim chance is a whole different ball game from no chance.
Remember, good health is simply the slowest rate at which you can die.
Great statements.
Dying is always harder on the living.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Already got it taken care of. If the only way I will survive is via machines, that is without the machine I will die, my Advanced Health Directive says to take me off the machine. Living while connected to some machine while laying in bed in a semi concious state is not living.....at least not to me.

YeLLowBoaT
08-20-2006, 10:54 AM
If I ever get to the point where I can not remember anything, I have already told ppl where the key to the gun safe is and which gun to grap to blow my brains out with.

Tom Brown
08-20-2006, 11:54 AM
If I ever get to the point where I can't remember anything, I have instructed my immediate family to cut my fingers off, one by one, with a side cutter and then cut into my chest with a meat cleaver and barbeque tongs until they reach my heart at which time I've asked them to puncture my ventricles with meat skewers before stabing my atriums with steak knives.

Jbb
08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
If I ever get to the point where I can't remember anything, I have instructed my immediate family to cut my fingers off, one by one, with a side cutter and then cut into my chest with a meat cleaver and barbeque tongs until they reach my heart at which time I've asked them to puncture my ventricles with meat skewers before stabing my atriums with steak knives.
No need to trouble the family with that task....Tom.... :rolleyes:
nip..nip...nip

Trailer Park Casanova
08-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Best way out is a hot load of Morphine/Heroin.

Tom Brown
08-20-2006, 12:02 PM
No need top trouble the family with that task....Tom.... :rolleyes:
nip..nip...nip
You're always the first to offer help and I can assure you it is appreciated. Like YeLLowBoat, however, I wouldn't want to deny my family that task.

Jbb
08-20-2006, 12:06 PM
You're always the first to offer help and I can assure you it is appreciated. Like YeLLowBoat, however, I wouldn't want to deny my family that task.
Really...I dont mind.....got a new pair of side cutters......and a wood chipper....chip chip chip....

Tom Brown
08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Really...I dont mind.....got a new pair of side cutters......and a wood chipper....chip chip chip....
I don't know. I worry you would deliberately go against my wishes to be put into the wood chipper head first.

Jbb
08-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't know. I worry you would deliberately go against my wishes to be put into the wood chipper head first.
It's all about trust,Tom......And my parole recommendation clearly stated..."subject more or less trustworthy".....what else do you need?

Tom Brown
08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
.....what else do you need?
A fast feed rate.

Jbb
08-20-2006, 12:17 PM
When Im done...they will refer to you as Morbark Brown....

IGOTSHOTGUN
08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I currently work as an EMT and have to pick up patients from these nursing homes pretty regularly. I see some of these people in there that are pretty much already dead. I mean they can't walk, talk, eat, or go to the bathroom by themselves. Not for me. I'm going out in a blaze of glory. I want people to be talking about how I died

ratso
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
I watched my two grand dads whither away on Hospice. I want to go quick. I think it's as cruel as being kept alive on machines. If I'm in that "state" just inject me with something and get it over with.

YeLLowBoaT
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
i want to go on top of my 18-25 year old secratary, by heart attack when I get to the point where I can no longer function.

ratso
08-20-2006, 12:45 PM
i want to go on top of my 18-25 year old secratary, by heart attack when I get to the point where I can no longer function.
...with all the stuff out there now to get and keep up a good erection, that's highly possible even if you live to be 100. :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
08-20-2006, 12:47 PM
...with all the stuff out there now to get and keep up a good erection, that's highly possible even if you live to be 100. :idea:
damn i am going to need alot of secratarys then.. :)

doesitfloat?
08-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I watched both of my grandmothers die slow, painful deaths (cancer-9 months & ALS-3 years). I also lost my mom to a car accident. Even though losing mom at 16 was devistating to me, I would much rather die the way she did than go through the misery my grandmothers did.
Sad irony is that we strongly believe that my grandma got cancer as a result of all of the stress and anguish over her daughter dieing (my mom).

Tremor Therapy
08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
My dad had prostate cancer and was successfully operated on, but being a 3 pack a day smoker for 30 years, and working with asbestos for just as long started to take its toll about 1 year after his surgery. I watched him deteriorate through chemo and other treatments for 3 years before he finally became bed ridden, unable to walk, talk, or communicate for what seemed an eternity (4 months).
We too got the aide of hospice, and morphin from the Oncologist. I don't ever want to see someone have to suffer and die that way again. So when my time comes, no medications, no chemo or radiation, no feeding tubes. Give me a hot load of morphine or heroin, and end it quick.

burtandnancy
08-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Why in this modern day of medicine and technology, do we keep our elders alive as vegetables, often in pain and suffering? We don't treat our dogs this way...