PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day plans Needles, Havasu, Mohave

wakeboardlove
08-20-2006, 10:08 PM
A bunch of us from SF bay area are headed south for labor day. We've got some other friends planning on Needles, so close might be a good plan. Anyone have any good inputs on where to go? I haven't been that way in a million years.
Thanks!
~B

Hardly Satisfied
08-21-2006, 08:18 AM
go to havasu

NautiTwins
08-21-2006, 08:27 AM
A bunch of us from SF bay area are headed south for labor day. We've got some other friends planning on Needles, so close might be a good plan. Anyone have any good inputs on where to go? I haven't been that way in a million years.
Thanks!
~B
If you like to board, head to Needles. IT will be busy during the afternoon, but you should be able to get some good water early morning and mid-late after noon.

wakeboardlove
08-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks! Us girls are trying to prove we don't need any men. If nothin' else it should be interesting. :p

bunny 166
08-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks! Us girls are trying to prove we don't need any men. If nothin' else it should be interesting. :p
Girls trip!~WoooooHoooooo...Stay below the Needles Bridge hun...It is getting pretty shallow now. If you stay close to the Arizona side for the most part you should be fine. :boxed: Have a good time!

QuickJet
08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Ha, with a post like that you'll have more men surrounding you than you bargained for :rollside:

2dasand
08-21-2006, 11:36 AM
No men with you...got any pictures??? :wink: Oh wait....my wife will be with me, damn!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Varsity will be in Havasu

USCFAN
08-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Varsity will be in Havasu
Which crew you rolling with?

wakeboardlove
08-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Ok, should have known better. There are only 3 or 4 of us and we're all very plain, uneventful, and boring. :)
I've only been to Havasu/Mohave area 2 or 3 times, ex-boy friend’s family got me hooked. I moved up North from So Cal but all the girls are from around here think Nor Cal is the best. Not if my memory serves me correctly!

Havasu1986
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Girls trip!~WoooooHoooooo...Stay below the Needles Bridge hun...It is getting pretty shallow now. If you stay close to the Arizona side for the most part you should be fine. :boxed: Have a good time!
Now you tell us Cindy. $400 to fix outdrive

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Which crew you rolling with?
same as the last time you saw :)

bunny 166
08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Now you tell us Cindy. $400 to fix outdrive
Now now now...that is not my fault!! You should have consulted me before that wild journey of yours, LOL.... :p Glad you're all fixed up and ready to go again... :boxed:

VanDeano
08-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Pastie Cove.....

Havasu1986
08-23-2006, 06:55 AM
Now now now...that is not my fault!! You should have consulted me before that wild journey of yours, LOL.... :p Glad you're all fixed up and ready to go again... :boxed:
Yea, Its all fixed for my wifes annual girls trip this weekend.

Schiada Time
08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
wakeboardlove-
It depends what you are looking for with where you go. if you are looking for drunk idiots who don't know how to drive their fully financed 150K Dick extension 35 footers than go to Havasu. If you are looking for college party action in the channel when dead bodies float up from all the exhaust fumes as drunk people pass out and drowned than go to Havasu. If you are looking for trendy ass boaters who have no real boating history and bought a boat a few years ago cause it was the cool thing to do than got to havasu. If you want good water conditions, respectful people, etc. go to Needles, Park Moabi, Lake Mead, lake Mohave.
Red Rocker

gqchris
08-23-2006, 04:25 PM
wakeboardlove-
It depends what you are looking for with where you go. if you are looking for drunk idiots who don't know how to drive their fully financed 150K Dick extension 35 footers than go to Havasu. If you are looking for college party action in the channel when dead bodies float up from all the exhaust fumes as drunk people pass out and drowned than go to Havasu. If you are looking for trendy ass boaters who have no real boating history and bought a boat a few years ago cause it was the cool thing to do than got to havasu. If you want good water conditions, respectful people, etc. go to Needles, Park Moabi, Lake Mead, lake Mohave.
Red Rocker
Now this HAS to go in my signature collection!! AMEN!

wakeboardlove
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Red Rocker - no strong opinions huh?

jjk94
08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
House in Needles but presently not available for labor day...no help just spam
http://www.rentariverhouse.com

Schiada Time
08-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I can'tt help it wakeboardlove I fu#**ing hate Havasu. I had to go there a few years ago for boat regatta's as the magazine I formerly worked for promoted them. Its fun if you are not the captain but operating a boat around all those morons sucks. Real boaters go to the River or Mohave or Mead.

wakeboardlove
08-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm just teasing you. You know I always trust your opinion.
Our friends are doing the Needles thing. We just wanted to ditch the guys!

Schiada Time
08-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll be at Lake Mead retiring many a Coors light from its original packaging. Get in my belly!!! Have fun no matter where you go and remember my dad's safety words if you are driving "Look around or die". It might be a good idea to lay off the sauce if you are driving too as the coppers will be out in full force plus its just safer for everyone that way. listen to me I sound like a parent. Oh well i guess its good practice.
Trav

wakeboardlove
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
All I though of when i read this is, "awe come on Dad" As you talk about pounding back the coors!

sensefield
08-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Why not try Lake Mead? Lake Havasu is going to be insane this Labor Day. With all the recent heat, you can bet that it will be packed and choppy.

wakeboardlove
08-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Couldn't do lake Mead with Red Rocker there. Might run into him. :yuk:
j/k

Playbuoy
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
If you're looking to chill and relax, Mojave is a good spot...launching from Cottonwood Cove. Very chill, cool people, don't have to worry about a bunch of drunks. Of course, if you want that, you could always head down to Katherine's. :)

Sundance
08-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Mohave is the only place to go. Havasu is just plain dangerous. Pleople with Big Boats who don't know what they are doing. They're boats are run on thier tetesterone. The Park Dept. stands around watching the HB's instead of doing something.
I may be from a third world state, NM, but I've been boating for a lot of years and I'll run with the fastest, but safety is the only thing that is important.
Even though it's a seven hour tow, Sundance will be alive and well at Mohave and maybe down by Avia over Labor Day weekend. See you all there!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Mohave is the only place to go. Havasu is just plain dangerous. Pleople with Big Boats who don't know what they are doing. They're boats are run on thier tetesterone. The Park Dept. stands around watching the HB's instead of doing something.
I may be from a third world state, NM, but I've been boating for a lot of years and I'll run with the fastest, but safety is the only thing that is important.
Even though it's a seven hour tow, Sundance will be alive and well at Mohave and maybe down by Avia over Labor Day weekend. See you all there!
I agree