PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart 6.5" coaxial speaker question

77OMEGA
08-21-2006, 02:00 PM
A friend gave me 4, 6.5" MB Quart coaxial marine speakers. I started to install them where my old speakers were and discovered that they have separate connectors for the woofer and tweeter (2 negative and 2 positive). Do I need crossovers or should I just split my speaker wires into two grounds and two positives?
Thanks,
Kirk

sigepmock
08-21-2006, 02:02 PM
A friend gave me 4, 6.5" MB Quart coaxial marine speakers. I started to install them where my old speakers were and discovered that they have separate connectors for the woofer and tweeter (2 negative and 2 positive). Do I need crossovers or should I just split my speaker wires into two grounds and two positives?
Thanks,
Kirk
All the MB quarts I have had, have all had seperate cross-overs with them. I'm pretty sure you need them but I could be wrong. Have you checked MB's website?
Chris

77OMEGA
08-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Sorry for the double entry. Yes, I have checked the web site. There isn't much info. I guess I can contact their customer support.
Thanks for the response.
Kirk

ROZ
08-22-2006, 01:53 AM
What model marine speaker?

shaun
08-31-2006, 12:46 AM
I had a set in the rears that where like that, they came with alittle cross over box that you had to use. At least the instructions said to use it :)