PDA

View Full Version : Any one know of Canyon boats or Silhouette boats?

bkplesh
08-21-2006, 02:45 PM
:cool: I was looking to buy a used 28' canyon silhouette boat. But I only seen pictures.And I now that Canyon boat inc. sold the business to silhouette boat(than out of business)Just wanted to know if the boat's are any good.Also any input on the 24' and the 20'(i know only about twin outboard and jets in the 20', because I've own both)There are alot of canyon boat sold, I heard. But can't find any.(but the one 28')Any help would be great.Thanks

bkplesh
08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I think Sea Master was the name of Canyon Boat.But I'm not sure?

bkplesh
08-23-2006, 03:06 PM
ttttt

bkplesh
08-27-2006, 05:33 PM
doesn't anyone have a canyon or silhouette boat? For all the people that are looking at the tread,someone must have one.

bruddah
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
i know there was a silhouette deck in the spam section but dont know anything about them. good luck

cactusgolfcarts
08-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I have the 28' deck. It came with a 454mag but we put a new 502 in last winter. It rides really nice and will handle a ton of gear/people. We are headed to Powell for the long weekend coming up. If you get one, I would highly suggest Swim Platforms in Phoenix since they now have a mold it won't cost you as much as it did me.

bkplesh
08-28-2006, 05:16 PM
I have the 28' deck. It came with a 454mag but we put a new 502 in last winter. It rides really nice and will handle a ton of gear/people. We are headed to Powell for the long weekend coming up. If you get one, I would highly suggest Swim Platforms in Phoenix since they now have a mold it won't cost you as much as it did me.
Is it true that you can fit 15-18 people in that boat.I know that the 24' have 15 people in it, but some kids.

OldFaithful Squirter
06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Are these Silhouette open bow boats still being manufactured new? I have search the web and not had any luck finding more info. So if you own one or know of the if let me know. thanks Kelly
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated

pvhca
06-04-2007, 02:31 PM
i had a canyon 21ft built back in 1989 by Carter Reed when he owned that company, if he still has anything to do w/that company stay away, he's no boat builder just a good boat racer

TAF
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
i had a canyon 21ft built back in 1989 by Carter Reed when he owned that company, if he still has anything to do w/that company stay away, he's no boat builder just a good boat racer
Hmm, but I saw him crash a TFH at the World Finals and lost the points championship because of it, I think?:idea:

Keith E. Sayre
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I remember the 28' Silhouette deckboat, it had a huge engine box cover that
made it stand out. Don't know anyone that had one other than the gentleman who posted earlier. i do know that there were not very many
made so chances of locating one are slim.
I'd get ahold of Mr. Cactusgolf carts and pick his brain?
Keith Sayre

wsuwrhr
06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
doesn't anyone have a canyon or silhouette boat? For all the people that are looking at the tread,someone must have one.
Problem is, I lose all concentration to be able to read what you are saying after I see your avatar.
Sorry
Brian

bkplesh
06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I remember the 28' Silhouette deckboat, it had a huge engine box cover that
made it stand out. Don't know anyone that had one other than the gentleman who posted earlier. i do know that there were not very many
made so chances of locating one are slim.
I'd get ahold of Mr. Cactusgolf carts and pick his brain?
Keith SayreI found one of the 28's. A new guy has the mold and said he can get the 24 and 20.

OldFaithful Squirter
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I would still like it to be jet driven, so 24 would be about the largested I would prefer. Keep me posted on the progress of these. I really like the layout of this boat. thanks

Xlration Marine
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea so what do you want to know? They first started out as a deck boat, the one that the IHBA uses for there safety boat. They also sold family boats in Phoenix back in the 80's. The whole deck boat thing started at the Randal Marine shop in Mesa Az, they built them out back. If you look at the IHBA deck boat you will see that the sponsons are the same, they only had one mold to make them, not one for each side. They took that concept back in 1988 and built the 28' boat in the pic's, and a 24 to fallow. Years latter they tooled up for the 21. They did a name change to Canyon boats shortly after the 28' mold was built. Gary the owner was having issues, he also had a plumbing company on the same lot at that time. They moved up to 23 ave off from DeerValley. You can see the old shop from the freeway. It was when 23rd Ave ended just north of Deer Valley, maybe a 1/2 mile. I've had my hands in a couple of 28's and 24's along with the 21. They used good resin and 1808 Bi directional material with Core Mat in the sides and balsa in the tunnel . A couple of them even have incerts in the transom to be cut out of the boats bottom to notch it for better top end. I was in one that had a blown 496, 80+ mph boat. They are a good boat and way before there time as you can tell. It seeems like everyone and there brother has a performance deck boat. I still talk to the guy that built the molds and the boats. It was shortly after the move to 23rd Ave that Conquest came out the splash of the American OffShore bottom and a deck boat top. I helped them build the first 21 and lake tested it. They were running out of money and couldn't keep the doors open. When I drive north on the I 17 and see the old shop, wishing it was still there. Shoot by 9 Am is was "you fly I will buy", drunk by noon. Those were the days and I miss them. So what would you like to know?

Xlration Marine
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh by the way it was Silhouette built By Canyon Boats. That was the name of the company and the Silhouette was the boat,28,24,21.