PDA

View Full Version : Islamic center

framer1
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
If you were giving a set of plans to bid and it turned out to be an Islamic center, what would your reaction be. I'm leaning toward not even bidding it. Just don't feel good about working on an Islamic church. What do you think? Am I over reacting?

YeLLowBoaT
08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
If you were giving a set of plans to bid and it turned out to be an Islamic center, what would your reaction be. I'm leaning toward not even bidding it. Just don't feel good about working on an Islamic church. What do you think? I'm I over reacting?
your over reacting. If you really don't want to do it, bid high enough so were you don't feel bad about doing it... :crossx:

Outnumbered
08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say I'm with you. Call me what you want but I am not feeling the love from those people. "Few bad apples" blah blah blah. I want nothing to do with them.

Mandelon
08-21-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd Pass.

Boatcop
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
If you do it, just keep a set of "as built" plans to give to the FBI.
Especially of the armored basement prayer chamber.

Biglue
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
It's hard to look the other way man when other people of the same faith are doing what they are doing. I wouldn't do it either. You shouldn't feel bad about turning it down either. Just my .02

Pheelin Phroggy
08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Tough one, being recently retired from the Army, its really tough to discriminate based upon religion. That said, it would have to be a religion, and the Muslim faith is considered more of a fanaticism by most of the world population. If you believe that it is not in the best interest of national security, that I wouldn't touch it. But understand, somebody is going to build it and as much as i would prefer not to see it built, I would feel better knowing that the person that built it was making sure he had the best intentions of our great country in mind. Hell, given the right circumstances, the right person could probably stall the project for quite awhile.
Just my .02

Red Horse
08-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Bid it at $1M a sq foot. When they ask why, tell them you are going to give a percentage to the federal government so next time the blow something up we will already have the money to pay the victims.
I dont buy a word of their "peaceful religion bullshit." When is the last time your average Southern Baptist killed 3000+ people. :220v:

cordova
08-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I think it all depends on your moral out look. 1. You're running a business and business is business no more...no less. 2. If your really really objected to not doing it by some moral obligation, then your morals are always right. I know I wouldn't do work on a KKK members house, but that doesn't mean I'll never work on a white persons house...just because the KKK is made up of white members. I think this is an issue that only you can decide. With that in mind, you have to think of your regular clients and also future clients. Will some of your clients look down upon you for doing a project for a group that is a hot button around the world right now. Or will they look up to you by looking past the racial in differences and commend you for providing your best work, when others may have dismissed due simply to race...Wow sorry for the novel.. this thread just seemed to pick my brain.

rrrr
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Frame it......
Collect your money......
and burn the motherphucer down!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

DILLIGAF
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
If you were giving a set of plans to bid and it turned out to be an Islamic center, what would your reaction be. I'm leaning toward not even bidding it. Just don't feel good about working on an Islamic church. What do you think? Am I over reacting?
I have turned down business before if I didn't feel comfortable with the business they were in. It is your right to make that decision Bruce.
If it bothers you just politely decline.

Nord
08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
What the hell does a church have to do with the KKK???
~NORD~

cordova
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
What the hell does a church have to do with the KKK???
~NORD~
I didn't mean to make a direct comparison, I was using that as an example to show that if he isn't comfortable doing work on a project that doesn't give him a good feeling then he should listen to his personal morals and do what he feels is right. Ie. I wouldn't feel comfortable working on a kkk facility because it conflict with my personal values.

redneckgirl
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Bruce...Doug says bid it $60K low then when it comes time to sign the contract do like S...... Framing in A-town does and ask for more $$$ to sign the contract!!!! That should do the trick :argue: :) :rollside:
When are you headed to Naci???? :boxed:
RNG

Nord
08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
All I know is that I would take the job. The church is going to be built by somebody anyways. Why not profit. Do you really think that since its an Islamic church, they are going to teach people to strap bombs to themselves and blow up stuff in the future???:rolleyes:
If you believe that, then overbid the project and walk away.
I think you might be blowing it out of proportion though.
Just my .02

YeLLowBoaT
08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
just bid it 125-150% of "what it should be" it will take care of itself.

Focker
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
if they are from the middle east and not american born you can bet on renegoations of the contract on a weekly basis.

wsuwrhr
08-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I see reasons on both sides.
It just depends on your gut feeling. It seems you don't have a good feeling.
My personal take....
SB Products does not machine gun parts for custumers. I do own guns and I feel it is our constitional right to keep and bear arms. I just don't want to be responsible for the use of someone else's firearms. There are plenty of other gunsmiths around.
I quit a good paying job because the company was moving from machining mostly commercial airline parts, to mostly military parts. The military jobs we were doing were bomb parts, machine gun parts and armaments.
I fully support the military, but I just didn't feel good about it. Again, plenty other shops to do that kind of work.
I guess if I was the only one with the ability, I would reconsider. I know that isn't the case.
Brian

Mohave Vice
08-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I select my clients. Just as my clients select their vendors. I have personally declined contracts with organizations such as described. Will continue to do so in the future.

wolfie
08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I'd do it..........But I'd make sure to leave them a little surprise.

CA Stu
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
How long have you been in business?
How well do you understand Islam?
How well do you know the man you are dealing with?
Not a simple question.
I would lean toward saying "work on it anyway", so that way you can be the olive branch, rather than the brass knuckles between the two cultures.
Good luck
CA Stu

QuickJet
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm surprised you not being a believer in Islam even got a chance to bid the job. It's rare "outsiders" are highered.
Oh, and I'd pass on it.

You Te
08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Do the world a favor and pass on the job.

Richie Rich
08-22-2006, 03:05 AM
PASS !!! you will be just fine, besides thier probably gettin the low interest, minority loan that the rest of us couldn't get............let'em build it on thier own.
1st let me say I'd pass. My mother is from NYC and we still have extended family there. My sister was working at the Pentagon when Sept 11 took place. So it all just hits a little to close to home for me. You hate to stereotype a certain religon or race of people but we all know that every stereotype has some basis in fact. So on this subject I'd have to be a "why take chances" kinda guy.
Now, Huffpower I'm sure you are a stand up guy and I'm a newbie here so I don't know everyone like some others on this forum but: Who da' hell is the "rest of us"??? I find it hard to imagine that I'm the only guy on this board who could also qualify for this low interest, minority loan you spoke of???
LMAO!! This f^cking train is never late!! LMAO!! :boxed: :boxed:

framer1
08-22-2006, 04:12 AM
(Nord Quote)Do you really think that since its an Islamic church, they are going to teach people to strap bombs to themselves and blow up stuff in the future???:rolleyes:
This point never even enter my mind. It was funny when the guy called me to bid the job he just said it was a church...I'm thinking he didn't feel comfortable telling me it was a Islamic center. I really don't need the work I just thoght because it make me pause and think I was wondering what other people would do.

Decided Advantage
08-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Is this a strategy?
These cowardly clowns do their attacks on the unsuspecting to convent a once free culture into one that is afraid to get out of bed while creating hatred and even attacks against the local islamic community. The locals are then primed to be pulled into the whole terrorist effort against us.
I don't know, I try to be right by people individually.
Your in business to do business, I understand your quandery. Decide whether you want the work and go to the work to prepare a bid from there.
There are builders that refuse to biuld liquor stores, topless bars, and such, I'd consider this is be a similar personal values kind of call.
I've never been able to figure out their religion that seems to promote "holy wars" and 42 virgins waiting for you in heaven.

framer1
08-22-2006, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=YeLLowBoaT]just bid it 125-150% of "what it should be" it will take care of itself
Why even hassle bidding it if your not planning on doing the job. It's alot of work figuring lumber and labor on a fairly good size commercial building.

91nordic29
08-22-2006, 04:32 AM
I dont buy a word of their "peaceful religion bullshit." When is the last time your average Southern Baptist killed 3000+ people. :220v:
i dont know, but this guy was pretty scary:
Jim Jones was the founder and leader of Jonestown, Guyana, a community of over 900 members of The People's Temple Full Gospel Church, an offshoot of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Jones had been an untrained preacher in Indiana and California before moving his congregation to Guyana to avoid government scrutiny. In November of 1978, U.S. Congressman Leo Ryan visited Jonestown to investigate allegations of human rights abuses. Ryan and his group were murdered at Jonestown, and on November 18, 1978 Jim Jones and 911 of his followers committed suicide or were murdered. Initial reports said the members drank Kool-Aid laced with cyanide, but a report from the Guyanese coroner said that hundreds of the bodies showed needle marks, indicating foul play. The U.S. government has not released all the documents pertinent to their investigation of the incident, further complicating the long-held conspiracy theory that Jonestown was a mind-control experiment conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency

lawbreaker2
08-22-2006, 04:49 AM
I would NOT do it, We have one down the street from me, :rolleyes: And we keep a very close eye on them, Just the other day we drove by and the KID mowing the lawn gave me a evil stare, And it freaked my wife out, We have also call the zoning board about their flag flying on top with out a U.S. flag, and nothing has been done yet. :mad:

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 04:59 AM
This reminds me of the old radio commercial where the guy goes into the hospital after a car wreck & the doctor tells him "you're going to need a blood transfusion". The guy says "that's fine as long as the blood doesn't come from a black, a jew, a muslim, a democrat, a homosexual, a woman, a catholic, an asian, a communist, a puerto rican, or a mexican". The doctor say "I'm sorry to hear that". They guy says "why"? The doctor says "because you're going to die".
If it was a gay rights center would you turn that down too? How about an abortion clinic? NAACP offices? Law firm that defends pedophiles? Synagogue? Where do you draw the line? In my business I deal with a lot of people that I don't particularly like & certainly wouldn't hang out with, butI learned something a long time ago - their money spends just a well as the money I get from the people I do like.
If you don't want to do the job then don't do it but in my opinion you are an idiot to turn down business because you don't like something about your customer.

Richie Rich
08-22-2006, 05:14 AM
This reminds me of the old radio commercial where the guy goes into the hospital after a car wreck & the doctor tells him "you're going to need a blood transfusion". The guy says "that's fine as long as the blood doesn't come from a black, a jew, a muslim, a democrat, a homosexual, a woman, a catholic, an asian, a communist, a puerto rican, or a mexican". The doctor say "I'm sorry to hear that". They guy says "why"? The doctor says "because you're going to die".
If it was a gay rights center would you turn that down too? How about an abortion clinic? NAACP offices? Law firm that defends pedophiles? Synagogue? Where do you draw the line? In my business I deal with a lot of people that I don't particularly like & certainly wouldn't hang out with, butI learned something a long time ago - their money spends just a well as the money I get from the people I do like.
If you don't want to do the job then don't do it but in my opinion you are an idiot to turn down business because you don't like something about your customer.
Calling somebody an idiot for turning down business may be a tad bit harsh but you make some excellent points.
I was just thinking suppose these same exact people came to you wanting to buy something from a different kind of business of yours (a $100K custom boat for example)... Would you sell to them or refuse them service? Hmmmmmmmmm
Of course this example is not an apples to apples discussion point but it does make me stop and think about what I'd do because as I stated before I would turn down the offer to build especially if I didn't really NEED the work.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Calling somebody an idiot for turning down business may be a tad bit harsh but you make some excellent points.
You're right that was a bit much - Sorry framer :) .

framer1
08-22-2006, 05:45 AM
You're right that was a bit much - Sorry framer :) .
Hell, I've been called worse :) I agree with alot you said I just put this up here just to see the reaction to it. First time I ever felt like not bidding a project. I'm probably stereo typing muslins but everytime I hear of some suicide bombing it bugs the $hit out of me. I want to make this clear it was never a money thing....I have penty of work and to be honest I won't just work for anybody. I don't think I would frame a house for OJ :rollside:

Mandelon
08-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Maybe if you are new and starting out. Or selling soup. You might not have that option if you need thework and are willing to take chances. When I meet with new customers there is a period where they are sizing me up, and I am sizing them up with regard to who knows what and whether or not our personalities and philosophies "fit" and as to how the working relationship will go.
I have turned down many jobs simply cuz the other person didn't seem right to me. Middle easterners, eastern europeans and asians can be difficult customers. They want to dicker and deal. If they don't grind you down, they feel like they haven't done their job. Even if I do mine. Rich folks can be tough too, they are slooooowwww to pay.
Its not a racist issue, its a cultural issue. Bartering is how they learned to deal on matters of money. In America we are supposed to make a deal and stick to it. I add a hefty percentage to those who might give me trouble when it comes time to settle up. If a payment doesn't come in on its scheduled time the job goes on hold.....but that screws everything up. Sure you may get paid late, or sue for it. But why hassle with it?
If you aren't comfortable with the customer don't take the job. Leave those projects to the Howie Feltersnatches of the world. Us idiots will line up for the easy work.

OutCole'd
08-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Maybe if you are new and starting out. Or selling soup. You might not have that option if you need thework and are willing to take chances. When I meet with new customers there is a period where they are sizing me up, and I am sizing them up with regard to who knows what and whether or not our personalities and philosophies "fit" and as to how the working relationship will go.
I have turned down many jobs simply cuz the other person didn't seem right to me. Middle easterners, eastern europeans and asians can be difficult customers. They want to dicker and deal. If they don't grind you down, they feel like they haven't done their job. Even if I do mine. Rich folks can be tough too, they are slooooowwww to pay.
Its not a racist issue, its a cultural issue. Bartering is how they learned to deal on matters of money. In America we are supposed to make a deal and stick to it. I add a hefty percentage to those who might give me trouble when it comes time to settle up. If a payment doesn't come in on its scheduled time the job goes on hold.....but that screws everything up. Sure you may get paid late, or sue for it. But why hassle with it?
If you aren't comfortable with the customer don't take the job. Leave those projects to the Howie Feltersnatches of the world. Us idiots will line up for the easy work.
Hit the nail on the head, very well said Mandy.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Dude! I felt pretty good about my previous post but you are 100% right. I don't really like dealing with asians or arabs because they are a pain in the ass. Never satisfied and constantly bitching. They tend to pay on time but is the trouble worth it? Ditto on the high money clients, they diss you because they know that you know they'll eventually pay you and they know that you don't want to loose their business (this is expecially true for large business customers - i.e. Walmart is notorious for paying at 90+). :)

centerhill condor
08-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Meet the players first..chances are you won't want the BS more than you want the money! and expect some TV time when you get blamed for whatever unplanned events occur. I don't work for any religous organizations...I either donate or pass.

Schiada76
08-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Would you frame a "church" for Hitler or Stalin?
WTF We're at war with those ****in turds. :mad:

wsuwrhr
08-22-2006, 06:33 AM
I was just thinking suppose these same exact people came to you wanting to buy something from a different kind of business of yours (a $100K custom boat for example)... Would you sell to them or refuse them service? Hmmmmmmmmm
I wouldn't sell my airplane to a muslim, not in this lifetime. Call me prejudice.
The morons that "taught" the highjakers how to fly are just as guilty as the terrorists in my opinion. Greed.
People need to maintain their principals, simple as that.
Greed for money shouldn't overcome them.
I for one applaud framer1's apprehension.
My father in law is a framer, I am going to ask him what he thinks.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-22-2006, 06:46 AM
....and we are so stupid and arrogant, WE let THEM move around in OUR country freely.
Unbelievable.
I now know why our country as a whole is in so much trouble.
Brian

You Te
08-22-2006, 07:14 AM
minority loan you spoke of???
Piss on minority loans, no special treatment for minorities, no Islamic centers in the U.S., Muslims need to go back to their country and pray to Allah.
Pass on the bid.

You Te
08-22-2006, 07:29 AM
....and we are so stupidand arrogant, WE let THEM move around in OUR country freely.
Unbelievable.
I now know why our country as a whole is in so much trouble.
Brian
Talk about hitting the Nail on the head. And now we need to help rebuild Lebanon, and pay Iran not to continue it's nuclear program, but Korea is ok?
Pass on the job.

Misogynist
08-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Have your cake and eat it too....... Why compromise your moral position when you can contact the Dept of Homeland security, frame the church, and install electronic bugs to keep tabs on the S.O.B's. Islam isn't "Peace and love for all". For most of you, you aren't aware that the word "Islam" in arabic means "Submission". That is the literal translation, submit. In their belief, you either submit to their religion or be deemed an "infidel" and aren't any better than a sheep to be slaughtered. Their goal is a one religion world, Islam and nothing else. Look at a map of the world, in any area where there is civil strife or a war raging, there is a large muslim population pushing "their" ideals. When I was a child growing up ,the fear of world annihilation at the hands of the Communists was ever present. Now we have to fear the Muslims getting "the bomb". If a radical muslim state gets the bomb and the ability to deliver it, the Sh*t will really hit the fan. :mad: They need to go back to wherever they came from.

LGCDEVIL
08-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Take it & short nail it.

framer1
08-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Take it & short nail it.
Yor must be an old timer if you know the term short nail. The young guys have only used guns so they never short nail...They only over nail :)

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Take it & short nail it.
I don't think I have seen a framer set a nails by hand since I was a little kid...

TaylorJet
08-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Frame it......
Collect your money......
and burn the motherphucer down!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
I SECOND THAT. :crossx: :crossx: :220v: :mad:

SHOTKALLIN
08-22-2006, 09:28 AM
If you dont need the money don't take the job. If you need to feed the family then build it. Just torch it afterwards.

Richie Rich
08-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Piss on minority loans, no special treatment for minorities, no Islamic centers in the U.S., Muslims need to go back to their country and pray to Allah.
Pass on the bid.
LMAO!! While we are at it lets put all the blacks back on a ship to Africa and put all hispanics back on a slow bus to Mexico.
I do agree with your comments on minority loans though.....

You Te
08-22-2006, 11:53 AM
LMAO!! While we are at it lets put all the blacks back on a ship to Africa and put all hispanics back on a slow bus to Mexico.
That's fine, deport all the Illegals and close the boarders to all Muslims.
Don't bid the job.

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I wonder what the reaction would be if framer were asked to bid on a Canadian consolate? :idea:

Nord
08-22-2006, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Schiada76]Would you frame a "church" for Hitler or Stalin?
QUOTE]
No but my Grandparents are German, would you not build one for them???
What the hell is this supposed to mean S76???
It really doesn't have anything to do with the premise of his question.
~NORD~

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
War with a race is more accurately called genecide.
Would you frame a "church" for Hitler or Stalin?
Hitler and Stalin were people. Islam is a set of religious beliefs. It's not a narrow distinction.

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh... and by the way, I'd have no problem building an islamic center.

OGShocker
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I wonder what the reaction would be if framer were asked to bid on a Canadian consolate? :idea:
Y'all came close to needing a new Government House awhile back. :mad: :idea: :crossx:

GunninGopher
08-22-2006, 02:18 PM
if they are from the middle east and not american born you can bet on renegoations of the contract on a weekly basis.
Yep, have you ever dealt with MIddle Easterners before? I went to high school with a LOT of Chaldeans (sp?). The are Christians but from the Middle East. They are not pleasant to do business with. I'd bet the Middle Eastern Muslim's are the same way. Everything is negotiable to them and it is all about some stupid 10th century interpretation of pride. F'n a-holes, mostly, at least the rich ones are. My wife used to teach in the poorer Kurdish neighborhood in Spring Valley and most of them seemed better. Seems like half of Iraq has moved to either Detroit or El Cajon over the last 25 years.

framer1
08-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh... and by the way, I'd have no problem building an islamic center.
Send me your address and I wll get the plans and the general contractors number to you...You do frame don't you :rolleyes: It's not a bad commute.

Blown 472
08-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Hitler and Stalin were people. Islam is a set of religious beliefs. It's not a narrow distinction.
It is around here when you cant think outside the tv.

CA Stu
08-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Pass on the bid.
For the love of 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus.
Why do you hate the First Amendment?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Thanks
CA Stu

havasu5150
08-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I think that I too would be hesitant. It's ok for a business man to make a decision to NOT sell or negotiate with a potential customer for whatever reason. Of course there can be repecussions from that decision down the road you must consider.

Brewzed
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I would pass. I have found that in our business (surveying) they usually go with their own kind. You'll take the time to prepare a bid and you'll get nickled and dimed. Basically they use your bid to haggle with a contractor of their own nationality.

You Te
08-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I would pass. I have found that in our business (surveying) they usually go with their own kind. You'll take the time to prepare a bid and you'll get nickled and dimed. Basically they use your bid to haggle with a contractor of their own nationality.
Truer words were never spoken.

You Te
08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
So a jihad against the U.S. is a genecide?
And it takes people to implement Islam, so there is no difference.

You Te
08-22-2006, 08:35 PM
For the love of 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus.
Why do you hate the First Amendment?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Thanks
CA Stu
WW2 internment camps ring a bell. A few bad people can ruin the rights for others. Can you pick out the suicide bomber in a crowd?
A viper is a viper no matter where the egg is hatched.

BadKachina
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Freedom Of Religion, how many Americans died to protect that right? Judge a person based on character......

You Te
08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Freedom Of Religion, how many Americans died to protect that right? Judge a person based on character......
You need to read up on the "character" about some of the 9-11 hijackers.
Don't put your head in the ground and hope suicide bombers will never strike in the U.S. again.

BadKachina
08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
You need to read up on the "character" about some of the 9-11 hijackers.
Don't put your head in the ground and hope suicide bombers will never strike in the U.S. again.
You're right, if they aren't your religion they must be a terrosist. Isn't that what the Catholics, Protests, and Christians used to say about each other in Europe? Check your history books, that's why this country was founded. :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 09:51 PM
And it takes people to implement Islam, so there is no difference.
A couple of jack holes stole my circular saw last weekend. We saw them milling around outside our shop, we went to the shed to get a drum of polyester resin, we came back and the circular saw was gone.
They were white guys so I'm holding you responsible. Send me a new saw, motha fukka. :mad:

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah..... and one more thing... :mad:
I have a web site for you. It still needs some work but I'll PM you with some details so you can use it to advertise your business.
..... motha fukka! :mad:

SHOTKALLIN
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
What does your hatred of blacks and mexicans have to do with a bid on a islamic church? All the blacks I know are American citizens. :rolleyes:

ROZ
08-22-2006, 10:34 PM
You're thinking of the Lebonese :) :D

ROZ
08-22-2006, 10:36 PM
How long have you been in business?
How well do you understand Islam?
How well do you know the man you are dealing with?
Not a simple question.
I would lean toward saying "work on it anyway", so that way you can be the olive branch, rather than the brass knuckles between the two cultures.
Good luck
CA Stu
Hey, how about a little less talk more monkey! :D

ROZ
08-22-2006, 10:41 PM
If you decide to take the job, accidentally build the prayer area backwards... You know.. away from Mecca :D

SHOTKALLIN
08-22-2006, 10:47 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!
that is hilarious ROZ!
build it so it faces Isreal.

ROZ
08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
You've definitely been around the block...and back...lol...
Hell, we even got worked over by our own Asian family..(My brother's inlaws)!!!

QuickJet
08-22-2006, 11:04 PM
I agree that you can't judge them all as the same. My brother in law is Middle Eastern and he's the first one to denounce anything Islamic, Muslum or having to do with Allah. let's just say he's the Middle Eastern's version of Blown472. He hates his own country of orogin just like Blown does. :rollside:
And Framer, that was my Bro in law that posted a response on page one, not me (scott) Just to clear that up. I'll have him sign his name next time he posts on my screen name.
Oh and I can frame my own house. I like my walls plumb! :rollside:

Richie Rich
08-23-2006, 02:35 AM
What does your hatred of blacks and mexicans have to do with a bid on a islamic church? All the blacks I know are American citizens. :rolleyes:
Huh, hatred of blacks??? I AM BLACK!! And I'm going on record as saying I don't not hate mexican people or white people or middle eastern people or asian people. I don't hate any "people" who treat my family and me and this country with respect. My reply was meant to be a sarcastic reply to this:
Pass on the bid.
Seems I've heard that "go back to their country" somewhere before about another group of minorities in this country. Like I said in an earlier post, "That train is never late"......
On a side note: I was lucky enough to have a job once that sent me on extensive travel outside of the USA. I've been to most of Central and South America & East Europe to name a few places. After each trip I couldn't wait to get back to the US. Even the civilized countries "lacked" in my opinion when compared to the United States. Most people have no f^cking idea how good the quality of life is in the US for most of its citizens when compared to other countries around the world......

Schiada76
08-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Hitler and Stalin were people. Islam is a set of religious beliefs. It's not a narrow distinction.[/QUOTE]
Let me simplify it for you then.
Would you build a "church" for nazi's? Guess that was too much of a reach for your dumb ass. :p

You Te
08-23-2006, 06:37 AM
A couple of jack holes stole my circular saw last weekend. We saw them milling around outside our shop, we went to the shed to get a drum of polyester resin, we came back and the circular saw was gone.
They were white guys so I'm holding you responsible. Send me a new saw, motha fukka. :mad:
Tom, I'm not a white guy.

You Te
08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
You're right, if they aren't your religion they must be a terrosist. Isn't that what the Catholics, Protests, and Christians used to say about each other in Europe? Check your history books, that's why this country was founded. :rolleyes:
I don't have a religion, Catholics are not flying palnes into buildings, Catholics are not calling for a Jihad against the U.S.
This country has already been found, whats your point about founded?
You sound like the type of person that needs a bomb up your butt to get a clue.

Tom Brown
08-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Tom, I'm not a white guy.
You're white. I think you're just trying to weasel out of sending me a saw.
OK... send me 3/4 of a saw, then. You can take the shoe and blade off. :D

Tom Brown
08-23-2006, 07:06 AM
I don't have a religion, Catholics are not flying palnes into buildings, Catholics are not calling for a Jihad against the U.S.
These are excellent points, although there was that whole crusade thing there for a while.

You Te
08-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Seems I've heard that "go back to their country" somewhere before about another group of minorities in this country. Like I said in an earlier post, "That train is never late"......
I would think it's a plane that never leaves the ground. I'm not speaking about other groups, just the one I mentioned.

UBFJ #454
08-23-2006, 07:14 AM
"Islam isn't "Peace and love for all". For most of you, you aren't aware that the word "Islam" in arabic means "Submission". That is the literal translation, submit. In their belief, you either submit to their religion or be deemed an "infidel" and aren't any better than a sheep to be slaughtered. Their goal is a one religion world, Islam and nothing else. Look at a map of the world, in any area where there is civil strife or a war raging, there is a large muslim population pushing "their" ideals."
Having lived and worked in the Middle East and other Moslum Regions in the World for a number of years, I can say that the above is Absolutely Right On in terms of the Clash between the 'Moslum World' and the 'Western World' ..... We in the West are basically Individualistic, Independent Thinkers and 'Doers' and because of this we, the 'Westerners', are capable of thinking through a variety of very different, and sometimes conflicting ideas and subject matter, sometimes coming up with very New Things.
Those in the Moslum World, those that follow the Absolute Teachings of the Qur'an are are not capable of 'Free Thinking' as we are used to ... They are Limited to 'thinking' in the 'Collective Sense', as taught by the Qur'an ... Individual Thinking which is not According To The Qur'an Is Absolutely Forbidden And Punished Absolutely.
My life experience to date tells me that the Real Clash between the Moslum and Western Worlds is a Clash of Individualism and Independent, Creative Thought vs. Religious Submissive Collectivism To The Exclusion of the Individual and Creativeness ... There Is No Individual, Including One's Self, In The Moslum World ... The Individual Is Meaningless To Them.
In my opinion, this is the Idiological War we now find ourselves in ... An Idiological War, Not A Religious One ... The Moslum Religion just happens to be the current exponent of Collectivism ... Much the same as Communism, but, underpinned by Mohammed's 'Teachings' as exspoused in the Qur'an.
I think it is important that we in the West Do Not Think of the War we are now in as a Religious One ... Let them think that if they must to justify their Barbaric Acts ... We Can't Allow Ourselves To 'Go There' (Thinking Religeous War) ... We Cannot Sink To Their Level!
We Have To Think On A Higher Plane and Act Accordingly ... We have to Understand our Enemy in order to Defeat Them.

You Te
08-23-2006, 07:19 AM
You're white. I think you're just trying to weasel out of sending me a saw.
OK... send me 3/4 of a saw, then. You can take the shoe and blade off. :D
How about I send you just the blade and a cord?

Tom Brown
08-23-2006, 07:21 AM
How about I send you just the blade and a cord?
Ok but they had better be carbide and 3 prong.

You Te
08-23-2006, 07:41 AM
[B]
I think it is important that we in the West Do Not Think of the War we are now in as a Religious One
I don't care about Religion, they can drop in the streets 7 times a day and pray to Allah, they can dance in the streets naked, I don't care.
They just need to get off that Jihad crap.

You Te
08-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Ok but they had better be carbide and 3 prong.
Ok Tom it's a deal, do you need the 7-1/4" blade and how many teeth per Inch?
Oh yes I forgot, pass on the bid.

Richie Rich
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
I would think it's a plane that never leaves the ground. I'm not speaking about other groups, just the one I mentioned.
That is a excellent point except that your idea doesn't help prevent attacks like the USS Cole or various embassy bombings world wide. As I'm sure you already know, Islamic terrorists don't just plot to use planes as WMD's and terror activity doesn't just happen in our own country against our citizens.

Keith E. Sayre
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
The Global Islamic population is approximately
1,200,000,000, or 20% of the world population.
They have received the following Nobel Prizes:
Literature:
1988 - Najib Mahfooz.
Peace:
1978 - Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat
1994 - Yaser Arafat
Physics:
1990 - Elias James Corey
1999 - Ahmed Zewail
Medicine:
1960 - Peter Brian Medawar
1998 - Ferid Mourad
The Global Jewish population is approximately
14,000,000, or about 0.02% of the world population.
Literature:
1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
1991 - Nadine Gordimer World
Peace:
1911 - Alfred Fried
1911 - Tobias Mich ael Carel Asser
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
Physics:
1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1910 - Otto Wallach
1915 - Richard Willstaetter
1918 - Fritz Haber
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloc h
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
1 965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1972 - William Howard Stein
1973 - Brian David Josephson
1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
1976 - Burton Richter
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1979 - Herbert Charle s Brown
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Albert A. Hauptman
1985 - Jerome Karle
1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach
1988 - Robert Huber
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
198 9 - Sidney Altman
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1995 - Martin Perl
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
Economics:
1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Robert Fogel
Medicine:
1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1952 - Selman Abra ham Waksman
1953 - Hans Krebs
1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jaco b
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
1975 - Howard Martin Temin
1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
1977 - Roselyn Sussman Yalow
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
The Jews are not demonstrating with their dead on
the streets, yelling and chanting and asking for
revenge; the Jews are not promoting brain washing
the children in military training camps, teaching
them how to blow themselves up and cause maximum
deaths of Jews and other non-Muslims.
The Jews don't hijack planes, nor kill athletes at
the Olympics; the Jews don't traffic slaves, nor
have leaders calling for Jihad and death to all the
Infidels.
The Jews don't have the economic strength of
petroleum, nor the possibilities to force the
world's media to see "their side" of the question.
Perhaps the world's Muslims should consider
investing more in standard education and less in
blaming the Jews for all their problems.
Keith Sayre

JB in so cal
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Keith Sayre[/QUOTE]
Keith, I think that'll happen at the exact moment cows fly out of my ass.

Tom Brown
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Moo.

Jbb
08-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Moo.
Abdullah Brown..... :220v:

You Te
08-23-2006, 12:59 PM
The Global Islamic population is approximately
Literature:
1988 - Najib Mahfooz.
Peace:
1994 - Yaser Arafat
Physics:
1990 - Elias James Corey
1999 - Ahmed Zewail
Medicine:
1998 - Ferid Mourad
Literature:
1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
Peace:
1911 - Alfred Fried
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
Physics:
1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1910 - Otto Wallach
1918 - Fritz Haber
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloc h
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1 965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1976 - Burton Richter
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Jerome Karle
1988 - Robert Huber
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
198 9 - Sidney Altman
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1995 - Martin Perl
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
Economics:
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Robert Fogel
Medicine:
1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1953 - Hans Krebs
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jaco b
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
Infidels.
Keith Sayre
Good post Keith.

You Te
08-23-2006, 01:05 PM
That is a excellent point except that your idea doesn't help prevent attacks like the USS Cole or various embassy bombings world wide. As I'm sure you already know, Islamic terrorists don't just plot to use planes as WMD's and terror activity doesn't just happen in our own country against our citizens.
So should we wait for more 9-11's? Wait for suicide bombers in the mall. I need to worry about the U.S. for now.

Richie Rich
08-23-2006, 01:08 PM
So should we wait for more 9-11's? Wait for suicide bombers in the mall. I need to worry about the U.S. for now.
I hear ya man!! I have to admit you do have some valid points.

framer1
08-23-2006, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Keith E. Sayre]The Global Islamic population is approximately
Literature:
1988 - Najib Mahfooz.
Peace:
1994 - Yaser Arafat
Physics:
1990 - Elias James Corey
1999 - Ahmed Zewail
Medicine:
1998 - Ferid Mourad
Literature:
1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
Peace:
1911 - Alfred Fried
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
Physics:
1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1910 - Otto Wallach
1918 - Fritz Haber
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloc h
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1 965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1976 - Burton Richter
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Jerome Karle
1988 - Robert Huber
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
198 9 - Sidney Altman
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1995 - Martin Perl
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
Economics:
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Robert Fogel
Medicine:
1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1953 - Hans Krebs
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jaco b
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
Infidels.
Keith Sayre[/Q
That pretty much says it all :cool:

You Te
08-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I hear ya man!! I have to admit you do have some valid points.
I hope I'm wrong about more hits on the U.S. I just don't think it's going to get better, I keep my eyes and ears open all the time.

NashvilleBound
08-24-2006, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE=Keith E. Sayre]The Global Islamic population is approximately
Literature:
1988 - Najib Mahfooz.
Peace:
1994 - Yaser Arafat
Physics:
1990 - Elias James Corey
1999 - Ahmed Zewail
Medicine:
1998 - Ferid Mourad
Literature:
1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
Peace:
1911 - Alfred Fried
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
Physics:
1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1910 - Otto Wallach
1918 - Fritz Haber
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1952 - Felix Bloc h
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1 965 - Julian Schwinger
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1976 - Burton Richter
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Roald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Jerome Karle
1988 - Robert Huber
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
198 9 - Sidney Altman
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1995 - Martin Perl
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
Economics:
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 - Robert Fogel
Medicine:
1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1953 - Hans Krebs
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jaco b
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
Infidels.
Keith Sayre[/Q
That pretty much says it all :cool:
Nothing new to add.....just like quoting long posts. :) :rolleyes: :)