PDA

View Full Version : Gen 6 502 BBC exhaust fitment

Schiada Time
08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I am having issues mounting the Nicson logs I have for my Gen 6 502. the flange is hitting the lower head bolts as they are too tall. What is the fix? I called ARP and all they can do is send studs and run a bolt which I DO NOT WANT TO DO!!! Should I try to grind the manifold a bit? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Would making a small spacer between the head and the exhuast work?

HM
08-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I am having issues mounting the Nicson logs I have for my Gen 6 502. the flange is hitting the lower head bolts as they are too tall. What is the fix? I called ARP and all they can do is send studs and run a bolt which I DO NOT WANT TO DO!!! Should I try to grind the manifold a bit? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
I wish I had an extra set of exhaust for you...I hate to see you choke that nice new motor up with logs.
I would go for grinding the logs. If you do too much, it can always be repaired or justfy buying waterjacketed headers. :D
Is that the ZZ 502/502? It needs to breath, other wise it will end up being a 502/402. :D

Hustler
08-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Go ahead and grind on them. Even if you put ARP bolts in the lower locations you will need to run them with no washer. I had to do this on my old motor and never had a problem.

Schiada Time
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Threw transom headers are a next year item. I am running out of money. I will grind on these suckers to gain the clearance.
thanks
trav

Itsahobby
08-22-2006, 11:11 AM
There was a set of IMCOs in the classifeds, awhile back. Unless you really like the logs. I hated mine, it was always a biotch getting some of the plugs out.
http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=1093
Jerry