PDA

View Full Version : Neural Touch rather than chiropratics anyone done this before...comments

kingsransomracing
08-22-2006, 11:58 AM
My mother-in-law was telling my wife about something called Neural touch which is apparently better than chiropratics....anyone tried this before? My mother-in-law and her sisters have gone before...and says its amazing...no back pain.
Heres a link to where she went.
http://www.usbowen.com/
comments / suggestoins

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I've never tried it but I know some women who believe regular colonics will extend their life span.

Jbb
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I've never tried it but I know some women who believe regular colonics will extend their life span.
let it spew ....eh Tom.......splat!... :p

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
let it spew ....eh Tom.......splat!... :p
You don't know the half of it.
They have described the sound the pump makes during the process and it's quite interesting.
They plug the machine in and it makes a gentle humming sound. As they push the tube further and further up the receiver's ass, the machine gets louder and the frequency gets lower. The pump labors more and more as the tube goes further and further in. The receiver becomes increasingly uncomfortable, even someone who is an experienced colonist. Discomfort turns to a sharp pain with the pump grunting and making loud noise until all at once the patient feels like they're being cut inside by a sharp knife, the pump jumps to a higher pitch again, and a bunch of chunks in the perfect negative mold of the colon and with the consistency of hard silicone come flushing down the effluent tube. I guess it's similar to ripping a dried snot rock from your nasal cavity with a pair of pliers.
Once complete, both the patient and the administer of the colonic examine the results.
It's neat how these ladies have no problem describing this to me. They fully believe this is good for their health and their lifespan. It seems to me that anything that helps us feel better about life and ourselves is probably good, not withstanding the electrolite losses of the colonic process.

Havasu Lite
08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Im a chiropractor. I have been doing it for 11 years. I will say this. I have never heard of it...
But, remember there are many types of injuries. So, it depends on what the injured structure is or the symptoms. Some treatments work great for certain ailments. So maybe neural touch is better for certain injuries. If its a subluxated joint or a lumbar disc injury or a soft tissue tear etc... I dont see how neuro touch is affective. Dont get me wrong. Its like asking if a fork or a knife is better when eating a steak. They both have their uses. I never knock another type of treatment. Some things work for certain things and I will leave it at that.

unleashed
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
I've tried it. It was a joke..didnt work at all! I quite going and went back to a regular chiropracter....much better in my Opinion.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

THOR
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Im a chiropractor. I have been doing it for 11 years. I will say this. I have never heard of it...
But, remember there are many types of injuries. So, it depends on what the injured structure is or the symptoms. Some treatments work great for certain ailments. So maybe neural touch is better for certain injuries. If its a subluxated joint or a lumbar disc injury or a soft tissue tear etc... I dont see how neuro touch is affective. Dont get me wrong. Its like asking if a fork or a knife is better when eating a steak. They both have their uses. I never knock another type of treatment. Some things work for certain things and I will leave it at that.
Where are you located? I live in Huntington Beach and my old Chiropractor is gone and I need a new one.

Havasu Lite
08-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Ventura County. Too Far.

Jesster
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm a Chiro also and could not have said it better. If it works for you keep doing it. Who would ever think that sticking small needles in certain parts of the body would do any good, but thousands of years of positive results prove it effective (for some people). Now if anybody is interested in Lumbar decompression let me know. :)

RiverDave
08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm looking for a good Chiropracter in North County (san diego) if anybody knows of one. My g/f has chronic back pain. :(
RD

kingsransomracing
08-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Great...thanks..
Its maybe worth a try once. A friend of mine said that simple stretching exercises used in yoga are pretty effective as well. So maybe she can try that.. That would only cost the amount of a video for TV. :)

Sleek-Jet
08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Anybody know where you can get a rub and a tug??? :idea:

Ziggy
08-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Anybody know where you can get a rub and a tug??? :idea:
Roz might be game...... :D :D :D
I simply have my wife walk on my back....pop, pop, pow.....ahhhhhhhhh :D

Jbb
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
You don't know the half of it.
They have described the sound the pump makes during the process and it's quite interesting.
They plug the machine in and it makes a gentle humming sound. As they push the tube further and further up the receiver's ass, the machine gets louder and the frequency gets lower. The pump labors more and more as the tube goes further and further in. The receiver becomes increasingly uncomfortable, even someone who is an experienced colonist. Discomfort turns to a sharp pain with the pump grunting and making loud noise until all at once the patient feels like they're being cut inside by a sharp knife, the pump jumps to a higher pitch again, and a bunch of chunks in the perfect negative mold of the colon and with the consistency of hard silicone come flushing down the effluent tube. I guess it's similar to ripping a dried snot rock from your nasal cavity with a pair of pliers.
Once complete, both the patient and the administer of the colonic examine the results.
It's neat how these ladies have no problem describing this to me. They fully believe this is good for their health and their lifespan. It seems to me that anything that helps us feel better about life and ourselves is probably good, not withstanding the electrolite losses of the colonic process.
lmao.....very descriptive..... :p

Cheap Thrills
08-23-2006, 08:00 AM
If anybody touches my neural I'm kicking their ass. :D
C.T. :wink:

MudPumper
08-23-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm looking for a good Chiropracter in North County (san diego) if anybody knows of one. My g/f has chronic back pain. :(
RD
RD, not North County but worth the drive. I went to this guy for years while I was living in San Diego. Been to many Chiropractors since him and have been dissapointed with them all.
Frank A Piranio, DC CCSP
5252 Balboa Ave. Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92117
(858) 560-5022

Devil's Advocate
08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I could use something like this or a good chiropractor. I'm dealing lately with a constant pain in the neck, for real, not just with NN. :crossx:

Sportin' Wood
08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
My mother-in-law was telling my wife about something called Neural touch which is apparently better than chiropratics....anyone tried this before? My mother-in-law and her sisters have gone before...and says its amazing...no back pain.
Heres a link to where she went.
http://www.usbowen.com/
comments / suggestoins
After almost 15 years of seeing a chiropactor some times as much as 4 times a week, I was at my wits end with back pain and considering the surgery. When I blew out my back the week before my 1st week long vacation in many years I finally decided to give a friends Dr. a try. She would not tell me anything about treatment outside of the fact that it worked for her.
It was an interesting hour and a half but it worked.
I see this Dr only a couple times a year now with no pain. I personally will never go back to a regular chiroprator.
The most interesting thing too me was his ability to tell me about all the crap I had done to my body and the approx. years I had done it.
I also enjoy that he's not rushing me out the door so he can get the next quick buck. I don't mean to run down the regular chiropractors but I have to admit I feel pretty jaded after investing so much wasted time and money in the method of treatment used by the three past chiropractors I had seen.
I am sure this method is not for everyone but for me it worked. Call it hocas pocas, voodoo or what ever you want but I'm happy with my outcome. I say try it, you may like it.
I suspect Chiropractors won't care for this method as requires them to see less clients in a days period.

Jesster
08-23-2006, 09:34 AM
I suspect Chiropractors won't care for this method as requires them to see less clients in a days period.
That depends on how much is charged for a session of Neural Touch. I suspect everybody likes to make a living... :p If Chiropractic didn't work for you there are many people it does work wonders for.
I guess what I question is why it took 15 years to decide it didn't work, WOW, I can usually tell if a patient isn't responding to treatment after a week or so. I guess I should give it another 14+ years. :rollside:
Everybody responds differently to different methods. I refer to Acupuncture, Massage therapy, Ortho's, Neuro's, Nutritionists, whatever works for the patient. People even respond differently to medications so to say there is a wonder treatment that will work for everybody would be irresponsible. I know nobody is saying this Neural Touch is for everybody but to knock another profession because it didn't work for you as well as another seems a little petty.

Sportin' Wood
08-23-2006, 03:16 PM
That depends on how much is charged for a session of Neural Touch. I suspect everybody likes to make a living... :p If Chiropractic didn't work for you there are many people it does work wonders for.
I guess what I question is why it took 15 years to decide it didn't work, WOW, I can usually tell if a patient isn't responding to treatment after a week or so. I guess I should give it another 14+ years. :rollside:
Everybody responds differently to different methods. I refer to Acupuncture, Massage therapy, Ortho's, Neuro's, Nutritionists, whatever works for the patient. People even respond differently to medications so to say there is a wonder treatment that will work for everybody would be irresponsible. I know nobody is saying this Neural Touch is for everybody but to knock another profession because it didn't work for you as well as another seems a little petty.
I don't mean to run down the regular chiropractors but I have to admit I feel pretty jaded after investing so much wasted time and money in the method of treatment used by the three past chiropractors I had seen.
Sorry you took it personal.
Mix an HMO in the 15 years. after all those years I am able too afford medical care with out worry about ins coverage. I did have relief from pain but if I stopped going I was right back where I started. Kinda like getting a deep root planning and scaling from a dentist.
It's a business, you guys make money from return customers. Sorry, I look at pretty much every thing in my life from a money stand point. Its a curse. I don't mean to offend you but after all you did not pony up your time and money for an education to give your time away. I mean there's houses to buy and boats to put gas in right?
Hell I think its kick a$$ to make $45.00 in 5 mins cracking a guys back.
Just like it pisses most people off when a plumber knocks a turd loose from your sh!ter and breaks out the credit card machine.
Bottom line I'm sold on my new chiroprator.
as far as cost I pay $90.00 for a little over an hour session. A bargin in my eyes when my shop rate for a plumber is $85 per hour.
I did not mean to knock your trade, Where missing two of the required three forms of expression to hold a conversation here. :)

moneypit
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
If anyone is foolish enough to go to a chiropractor four times a week for any longer than a month is easily convinced. (sorry if you think opposite). Thats like going to a restaurant four times a week for a month and waiting for the food to get better.
Its often chiropractors over treat. I see it in my peers all the times. Its a sad thing for me to deal with. Just make sure you ask all the questions. Find a reputable chiro. DOnt be afraid to call your primary physician and ask them who they recommend.
I often treat my patients up to an hour. They sometimes get treated up to three times a week. I ALWAYS Tell my patients that if they dont see close to 50% improvement within 3 weeks, Then I refer them out for other treatments or further imaging.
Just because somebody has a license doesnt mean they are good. Referrals go a long way.

Jesster
08-23-2006, 04:15 PM
If anyone is foolish enough to go to a chiropractor four times a week for any longer than a month is easily convinced. (sorry if you think opposite). Thats like going to a restaurant four times a week for a month and waiting for the food to get better.
Its often chiropractors over treat. I see it in my peers all the times. Its a sad thing for me to deal with. Just make sure you ask all the questions. Find a reputable chiro. DOnt be afraid to call your primary physician and ask them who they recommend.
I often treat my patients up to an hour. They sometimes get treated up to three times a week. I ALWAYS Tell my patients that if they dont see close to 50% improvement within 3 weeks, Then I refer them out for other treatments or further imaging.
Just because somebody has a license doesnt mean they are good. Referrals go a long way.
Many Chiro's do overtreat I have worked for some and swore I wouldn't treat that way. The life of an office depends on referrals and you get far more if you are willing to refer to the appropriate health care provider if and when it is necessary.
Hell I think its kick a$$ to make $45.00 in 5 mins cracking a guys back. :)
I treat people as I would like to be treated. If response to treatment is good I have no problem charging for it. But to assume that the work (what we charge for) stops after direct patient contact is incorrect, there are a number of things regarding each patient that get reviewed and modified on a regular basis and thats not counting the headaches and time involved in dealing with insurance companies.
I would also hope that if you were paying 45.00 you were getting more than 5 min and the adjustment.
I do understand the frustration though and did not take anything personally but it is nice that people understand that not all Chiro's take advantage.
I will also say this unless we get cash for an office visit we rarely get 45.00 for an adjustment. Average in all the visits that don't get paid for by insurance, personal injury, work comp and general health plans and we are far below the 45.00 range per adjustment. Its one of the ways that less honest chiro's justify overtreating. Nuff said and no offense taken.

Sportin' Wood
08-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Sorry if I made it sound like I had 4 office visits a week for 15 years. That was hardly the case. Tried 3 different offices in southwest Riverside county, and I had about the same experience at all three. As long as the HMO was paying they kept up the appointments. I still have been known to do some foolish things regardless, so your opinion may not be too far off ( seems thats the cause of the back trouble in the first place :rollside: ).
I'm glad to see that you guys care about you clients enough to refer them out of treatment if it's not working.
I still will never go back to that style of treatment after finding the less aggresive form of your art.
BTW if someone else is buying I will eat at that crappy lunch 4 times a week. Thats certainly going to happen when you are given few choices and told this is where you are going to eat if you are hungry or you can starve.
I think we all know the problem with my experience was socialized medicine, and a doc that needed a new sports car every couple months.
Its still a business regardless of the service you sell. You'll have a hard time convincing me other wise. Doctors are not exempt from capitalism.

Sportin' Wood
08-24-2006, 06:43 AM
I will also say this unless we get cash for an office visit we rarely get 45.00 for an adjustment. Average in all the visits that don't get paid for by insurance, personal injury, work comp and general health plans and we are far below the 45.00 range per adjustment. Its one of the ways that less honest chiro's justify overtreating. Nuff said and no offense taken.
Socialized medicine sucks. So does liability Ins. Seems the only winners anymore are g*dam Lawyers. Lets see how many of them I can offend on this thread. :)