08-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I have a Marine Power 454 and a Dominator Jet and broke the H-joint ,
Does anyone know if there are any tricks in the change and do I have to pull
th motor??????

oldbuck40
08-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I have a Marine Power 454 and a Dominator Jet and broke the H-joint ,
Does anyone know if there are any tricks in the change and do I have to pull
th motor??????prolly just slide the engine forward a bit and pull the joint out! most dont have enough room to pull it out without sliding the engine forward!

breezeblocker
08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
i judt did mine 3 weeks ago. lowered the front of the trailer completely down. slid cherry picker under rear of trailer. lifted motor up and forward. replaced h bar and bellhousing. reslid h bar onto pump shaft splines while at the same time rolling cherry picker backwards. about 6 hours of total work, in driveway , after working on cars all day

AllMaxdOut
08-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks you guys for your input, I haven't decided to do it own my on yet?
The center part of the H-joint came right out and was laying in the bottom of the boat and I'm hoping it didn't damage any other parts??? I keep the boat at Havasu and it was way to HOT to try and work on it there and I don't have a cherry picker there, so since you say I need to move the engine forward I may have to tow it home?

eek-a-RAT
08-23-2006, 10:39 AM
i just changed my joints the other day and asked the same question here. i would definetly pull it out of the water on this one. it was a simple task, if you have aluminum stringer rails with @ 3inches of sliding space. level the boat out, unbolt motor mount bolts & carefully slide the motor forward along stringers & slide out coupler. hope it helps! :cool: