PDA

View Full Version : Wheel theives

Brewzed
08-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Some hoser tried to jack one of my trailer wheels Saturaday at Havasu Marina. They got the lugs off one wheel, but couldn't get the lock off. Looks like they tried hard, lock is pretty beat up.
Has this happened to any of you guys out there?

HocusPocus
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
never had a wheel stolen.. but someone did take the bunks off a trailer once.

Desert Rat
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
No but I have heard of it happing more and more. Put locks on my trailer wheels just last month! Can't full proof it but can hopefully make it not worth the dickheads time!!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Last tirp out I did notice a trailer in the parking lot with a locked cable running thru all of the rims. Please don't tell me it has come to this now.....

Brewzed
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
I put locks on them when I bought the wheels. I don't want to spend another grand on wheels and tires. I might have to use a cable, but my wife will tweak out if she has to remove a cable when she gets the truck.
Problem is that I know if someone did steal them, my wife probably wouldn't even notice and drag the trailer down to the ramp on the axle's.

Sigus
08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Why not put locking nuts on all the lugs?

RitcheyRch
08-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Darn thieves will try and steal anything these days. A firm believer if we started cutting the hands off them bastards this stuff would end quick.

superdave013
08-22-2006, 03:18 PM
never had a wheel stolen.. but someone did take the bunks off a trailer once.
now that takes the cake!

me4drvr
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Havasu sucks... everyone should just go to Elsinore :crossx:

HM
08-22-2006, 04:05 PM
No, don't you know that Elsinore is a puss infected bacterial pond of death? Rampant bacterial deaths are happening hourly since there is litereally floating poo all over the lake. It is nasty...everyone should go to Parker.
Also, didn't someone have their LED tail lights stolen?

Kilrtoy
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
YEAH or Parker or Mohave , No ramp lines , no waiting at all, no crowds...
Great place
HAVASU SUCKS

Legal Chemistry
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I got a good idea for a theif deterant: hook your car alarm through your trailer... when your alarm sounds or is armed it sends juice from your battery to your trailer through the hitch. Just touch it and see what happens. That would be a site to see. Or the poor soul who parks next to you when you've dropped off the boat and walks past the puddle :220v: