PDA

View Full Version : Looking for SUDDEN 2

BILLY.B
01-13-2006, 06:08 AM
For all of us old timers that used to go to the N.D.B.A. drag boat races you might remember the boat called SUDDEN 2 (roman numeral 2) (UBGH) owned and driven by Don Petrotta. Don is very good customer of mine and he was in the shop yesterday and we got to talking about restoring his old race boat. The boats last known whereabouts is in the Phoenix area. He sold it to a guy who worked for the Sante Fe railroad. Now were talking 25 plus years ago but if anybody might know where this boat is he's extremely interested in getting it back. He won the NDBA championship in 1974 I believe so we'd like to restore it back to it's original condition. Any help would be appreciated.....By the way it is a Sanger (what else back then) with the ribs down the center. Thanks....Billy-B

GofastRacer
01-13-2006, 06:32 AM
I'll ask around see if I can come up with something!..

Jetboatguru
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Billy,
You are in luck man! Mouser bought it and he was turning it into a family boat.

Moneypitt
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
AND, you can get it from him for .25 cents on the dollar if you wait a week.........He is such a nice guy, making boating affordable to everyone....MP

Dave Sammons
01-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Here's a couple black and whites, would be great to find some color shots, as it was a SHARP looking boat! Black with purples. Sanger picklefork, Pfaff and Sowins motor and a Lenco 2 speed, which very few were using in 1974, no wonder they won the UBGH Championship with that stout combo! Had some great races that year with Tom Fry in the Dimarco/Landy Dodge "No Problem!".
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187UBH-Oakland.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187Rocket-Sudden-Too-win.jpg

RaysonKid
01-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Good luck tracking it down.
The old race boats are out there.
I recently came across an old TFH from up here in the Northwest.
" The Night Train "
It is a Sanger picklefork and was driven by Dave Brumpton.
I drug my heals to long and the boat was picked up by one of our board members from the South.
I would love to find one of the historic old race boats to restore.
I love what they did with the Proud Mary boat.
That and I need another project to paint... Winter is so boring. :)

boat 569
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Speaking of running across old boats. There is a guy that moved down here from up north that has set up shop at an old gas station. He has a bunch of old jet boats for sale(YUCK). I thought I saw a boat mold out back so I stopped. It's a dimarco hydro mold. Funny where that stuff ends up.

Bobbo541
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
My dad ran a sanger flat back in 1960-61 and the name was Suddenly.I wil see if he has any pics.