PDA

View Full Version : Kick Ass Boat Service - Local for us So. Cal Folks

Three Days Only
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Theres good news for all of us boat owners that were kinda lost in where we were taking our boats when not in Havasu. Somethings have changed around town in the LA area and some of the service and people we were used to dealing with have left other companies, but theres really, really good news.
Mario Latka which alot of us have known for some years now from another local location has opened his own place in Simi Valley. So Cal Speed & Marine is offically open and conducting business. Mario has been involved in many of our boats for years. DCB's, Skaters, Eliminators, Howards, Cigs, World Championship race boats, the list goes on and on, basically everything out there.
Nothing is to big or too small unlike other shops. Mario, hands down kicks ass. He has come through for me on so many differnt and making it so I never missed a weekend due to anything. Anyone that has ever worked with him knows what a standup person he is and he takes care of business getting you back on the water without further problems.
Lets show some support for someone that took care of us elsewhere and has now taken the risk to become self employeed (LOL). Everyone knows that Aron at Absoulte pulled it off and is the man to deal with in Havi no matter what. Now we all got a local guy for everything at home.
I only got his cell phone number so here it is.
So Cal Speed & Marine
Mario Latka
661-644-3177
Its service without that arrogant attitude all of us had to deal with.
3DO

Kilrtoy
08-22-2006, 03:58 PM
WHo are you?
and what do you want?
:boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Havasu Hangin'
08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I hear Teague does good work.

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
I hear Teague does good work.
They used to when Mario and Chuck were there. Whos there that going to fix anything now. Just a bunch of younger guys with half the experience in my opinion. Norm and Kitagawa (sp) are in my opinion the only guys left. Bob said to me one day "Im sorry your heros aren't here anymore". Well im sorry for Bob too. Mario kicks ass, thank god he opened his own place, he's like a magician.
Hopefully Norm, Bobs brother doesnt go anywhere. He's the man responisble for all the HP over there. just my .02

Three Days Only
09-26-2006, 11:04 AM
So once again Mario comes through. Same service I always remebered and been accustomed to but without having to worry about which door I walk in at Teague. LOL. Thats an inside joke, considering pot belly advised me I wasnt allowed to walk in the shop from the back doors anymore.
Mario...........Thanks for the great work. As Bob put it, Your still my HERO!!!

Three Days Only
11-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Mario is doing good!!! Thanks for everyones support that has gone over there. He's busy, and thats good. Good people deserve to get thrown a bone and Mario is one of those guys. For the people that have gone there for service, you threw him a big ass bone and it is appreciated very much by him.
Jeff

BoatFloating
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Mario is doing good!!! Thanks for everyones support that has gone over there. He's busy, and thats good. Good people deserve to get thrown a bone and Mario is one of those guys. For the people that have gone there for service, you threw him a big ass bone and it is appreciated very much by him.
Jeff
Hence the "Hey Bob Teague" Thread........
2+2= bitter old boss :) :yuk:

dumbandyoung
12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Rodes way in Glendora is nice too!
626) 963-8568

dumbandyoung
12-02-2006, 11:20 AM
oh and they have a web siite
rodeswayboats.com

2forcefull
12-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Jeff
Is there any of that kool-aid , or did you drink it all!!! :cool:
JK couldn't resist

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Is there any of that kool-aid , or did you drink it all!!! :cool:
JK couldn't resist
Mario works for DCB now :rolleyes:

Three Days Only
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Mario works for DCB now :rolleyes:
I've only seen real cats over there so far, nothing with training wheels. LOL

ToMorrow44
12-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey Jeff. I just have a quick question for you. Do you have Mario's address or directions that I can have? I'd like to go talk to him and see how he's doing.
Thanks
-Tom

98 Vector 21
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I would like to know where his shop is at also!

ToMorrow44
12-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I would like to know where his shop is at also!
Well let me know if you find out. I left a message on Mario's phone earlier but no word yet.

Three Days Only
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
The shop is in simi valley off the 118 / Tapo
Address is:
So Cal Speed & Marine
4420 Shopping Lane
Simi Valley, CA. 93060

ToMorrow44
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Thank you Jeff.

Impulsive
12-27-2006, 04:33 PM
I am a customer of Mario's and I would be pleased to recommend him anytime.
He has worked on both my son's Baja 272 (502 Mag) and my own Baja 232 (454 Mag) and every experience we have had with him has been positive and reasonably priced. I no nothing of his capabilities with custom engines, but his work on high-performance stock Mercruisers is excellent.
Best of all, he's a real gentleman!
In fact, he has my wee rocket at his shop now!
I think I blew something in my valve train last weekend.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136530

rader
12-28-2006, 03:01 AM
I keep my boat at lake martinez and it is an ultra 21 454.. I would like to know if there is any reputable service places near lake martinez or in SD where I am from that anyone would recommend???

Catfever
12-28-2006, 09:05 AM
They used to when Mario and Chuck were there. Whos there that going to fix anything now. Just a bunch of younger guys with half the experience in my opinion. Norm and Kitagawa (sp) are in my opinion the only guys left. Bob said to me one day "Im sorry your heros aren't here anymore". Well im sorry for Bob too. Mario kicks ass, thank god he opened his own place, he's like a magician.
Hopefully Norm, Bobs brother doesnt go anywhere. He's the man responisble for all the HP over there. just my .02
:) Three Days Only Where does Chuck work? Chuck is a true Rigger!!!!!

Three Days Only
01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
:) Three Days Only Where does Chuck work? Chuck is a true Rigger!!!!!
Your damn right, he is a true rigger. A great one!!!!
He's not working right now. He's out of work injured. As soon as his back is fixed im more then sure he will be working somewhere again. He loves working on boats way to much to leave the industry. Where is the big question???? I guess it really doesnt matter where anyway, cause he kicks fn ass.
Jeff