PDA

View Full Version : Boat Gas - The Future Of...

burtandnancy
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
As I understand the news; we (the U.S. Government) wants Iran to cease and desist their nuclear program. They say they are entitled to nuclear power plants (good) and to blow Isreal off the map (bad). If we impose sanctions on Iran, they in turn will sell their oil to China, Russia and India. They also have influence in South America who would love to cut us off as well. If the above happens gas will really hit new highs. Is this about right?

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Probably. Just for the sake of argument, what does protecting Isreal actually buy us in the grand scheme?

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I thought we already had sanctions on Iran... that whole Ayatolla thing back in the late 1970's???
Not that it wouldn't effect gas prices, since everything does.... :rolleyes:

HavasuSelect
08-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Probably. Just for the sake of argument, what does protecting Isreal actually buy us in the grand scheme?
I was wondering about this earlier today. Anybody?

lalhc
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
The supply will still be the same, but it's just another excuse for worldwide oil prices to increase.

Kilrtoy
08-22-2006, 03:57 PM
We need to lift the so-called ban on assasinations of forgien leaders...
Let the CIA do their job and make IRAN an american terrority, for oil purposes only

VanDeano
08-22-2006, 03:58 PM
The supply will still be the same, but it's just another excuse for worldwide oil prices to increase.
Exactly :mad:

hbpdub
08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
It's interesting that you never hear that we have the largest oil reserve on the planet sitting in colorado. It's also interesting that we keeping funding these fanactics by purchasing oil from them. I wonder what the real picture is or what is planned for the future that we don't even know about????

Ziggy
08-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Political Correctness?? :idea: Whatever thats supposed to mean. :rolleyes:
And with the shutdown of the Alaskan pipe that was corroding was supposed to skyrocket our prices(esp Ca.), yet for some odd reason the prices have dropped over the last week or two....... :idea:
I smell fish.

spectras only
08-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Burt , I thought Iran made a deal with China already. Chavez already screwed up his refineries by letting knowledgeable people go , and he's also favoring to sell his oil to China . So the damage is already done. I wouldn't worry about it . Hope my country won't screw with you guys , albeit building the pipeline from Edmonton is going the wrong direction , via Prince Rupert to China :crossx:

havasu5150
08-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Currnetly the US does not buy any oil from Iran.....hasn't for years. Iran already sells to China, thier biggest customer. Their sabre rattling SHOULD have no effect on actual supply vs. demand......however it will be a great excuse to jack us at the pumps.

Not So Fast
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Let the CIA do their job and make IRAN an american terrority, for oil purposes only
Better yet just put Richard Marcinko (Founder of 'Seal Team Six") in charge of dealing with these guys and with no gloves on either. Shark Man would get the job done, ASAP :mad: NSF

riverracerx
08-22-2006, 04:27 PM
If you believe in the Bible, everything revolves around Israel!

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 04:27 PM
How about this - declare war on Isreal & the Arabs will give you the oil for free. If it's all about oil then why not?

burtandnancy
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Good response asch. There is so much oil in CA (Taft, Bakersfield) AK, CO, WY and MT that all we need is refinery capacity. But the enviro's will always say, not in my back yard" and hold off development. We couldn't even build an alcohol plant if we had enough sugar, corn, grain or whatever.
And Spectra's is right, their great oil discoveries from oil sands went the wrong direction...

RitcheyRch
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Amen brother.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Not to pee on your anti-enviromentalist party but FYI it's the big oil companies that don't want new refineries built. Do a little research, you might be surprised.
While you're at it check on who are the major funding sources for the the anti-drug ad campaigns. I'll give you a hint: "Anheuser-Busch". Better drunk than stoned right?
Use your head for something more than a hat rack...