Came across this on the web
http://www.brightlion.com/InHope/InHope_en.aspx

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
My pup is going in next week....
...to get fixed

Legal Chemistry
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
wow... one of the harderst things I've ever watched on the net.

Rexone
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Great post. I only wish there was a way to make every human being watch that video.
I recently traveled to 6 local shelters and adopted one dog out of hundreds I saw. He'd been there 2 months and likely wouldn't have lasted another week. He's only about 3 years old and no one apparently wanted him because not a flashy breed. I only wished I could save them all.
Do your part everyone and spay and neuter... Don't be part of the problem.

OCMerrill
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Here in Orange County they try pretty hard to have everyone spay and neuter their pet. The license is like $125 per year for an unaltered dog and like $20 altered. It should be more I would think but at least its kind of a shock.
Cats...don't apply unfortunately and this is purely ridicules.
We spayed our dog even though she would have made some desirable pups. There are already too many. I am not a dog care giver and realize this. Many don’t and end up in a mess.
We have an 11-month-old Black Lab....Papered...$$$ blood Lines. We bought this dog because we were in search of good hips over the long haul.
The last Lab we had was from a Lab Rescue place in Hesperia. Got her at 6 months from an abusive family. Somehow this lady gets the dogs from the PD if animal control is not involved. Kudos to her. We had this dog for 9 years but her hips were so bad she could just no longer walk. Sad deal. I still hear the kids talk of her.
So were one and one. Next time shelter or rescue again.

BshyBvrGirl
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I rescued my dog from a shelter May. The lady there even tried to talk me out of it! Arggh. My dog is the greatest ever. We get compliments everywhere we go...and not just because she's damn cute. I'm soo attached and can't wait to adopt another one. I can only imagine what would have happened if I didn't adopt my little Olivia.

RitcheyRch
08-22-2006, 05:44 PM
That was a tough video to watch. Had my dogs fixed when they were 6 months old.
I support the Seal Beach Animal Shelter which is a "NO KILL" shelter.

Miss Managed Assets
08-22-2006, 06:52 PM
My pup is going in next week....
...to get fixed
This video was so sad. Good luck Alley, Roxy did great spayed at 4 months, she was up and running the next day. :)

Big Kahunaa
08-22-2006, 07:18 PM
that vid sucked the big one but is true

socalmoney
08-22-2006, 07:46 PM
I have two indoor cats and a dog. One of my cats keeps pissing in my closet on my wifes shoes. Not sure which one it is. I am going to sit them down and have them watch that vid. That way they will know how much we love them. We could never give them up. I had to put down one of my dogs last April, it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Not a dry eye in the room. I will only adopt unwanted pets or rescues. There are just too many of them.
OCMerrill makes a good point about cats not needing to be registered. They are typically the ones out running around knocking up other cats.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7935bandit-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7935casey_cody-med.jpg