PDA

View Full Version : My ipod is Frozen!! Help!!

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm leaving at 5:00 today to go to the river and I was going to make a play list on my ipod.
I connected it to the computer and nothing. Now I can't turn it off or scroll or do anyting . It is stuck on the menu - Music, photos, videos, playlist, etc...
Any suggestions???
Help
~NORD~

Brewzed
08-23-2006, 10:21 AM
This sounds stupid, but that has happened to mine a couple of times. I had to let the battery die, then plug it in and it works fine.

FullUp
08-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Reset instructions here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Cole Trickle
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
I have had it freeze where I could reset it twice and one time where it wouldn't respond until the battery died.
Once dead it fired right up.

NOTALENT
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
That happened to me a few times....I just unplugged it and then plugged it back in....

bunny 166
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Can you delete anything? My daughter had to delete everything and then reload all the music. Hers was only playing some songs and not others... :rolleyes:
Good luck! :clover:

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
If I reset the ipod, will I lose any songs???

FullUp
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Nope. The reset re-boots the iPod operating system.

OCSJ
08-23-2006, 10:29 AM
1st press and Hold down the center circle and then press and hold either the lower play button or the button above the center circle. Try it both ways and make sure to hold both down for 5 to 10 seconds. It should reset itself that way. You will not loose anything.
It happens to me all the time.

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:30 AM
It is showing the charge symbol in the top right corner on the little battery

Trailer Park Casanova
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Reset instructions here:
Thanks for the link.
We're full of iPods, sure it'll happen soon here too.

h2oski2fast
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
1st press and Hold down the center circle and then press and hold either the lower play button or the button above the center circle. Try it both ways and make sure to hold both down for 5 to 10 seconds. It should reset itself that way. You will not loose anything.
That just reboots the Ipod, it does not reset it. When you reset it will not lose any songs, but it will reset all of the settings one has changed manually.

OCSJ
08-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Sorry I meant re-boot... Thanks...

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I've tried this multiple times, no response.
I'm afraid of resetting it because I have 5700 song on there.

h2oski2fast
08-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Damn it Nord, it won't lose any songs......... besides what good are 5700 songs you can't play? :D :D :D

OCSJ
08-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Oooh bummer...
Stupid ? but you are sure it isn't locked?
If you still can't get it, I'd go to best buy or Fry's or something... Unless there is an Apple Store nearby, any of those places usually has some smarty pants that can help you. Good luck!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-23-2006, 10:37 AM
i had a similar problem where my ipod wouldn't charge or connect to the computer. it showed that "the hardware item cannot be found and the (&(^ file is corrupt". I took it to the ipod shop and they fixed it. the guy said be absolutley sure that when your display says "Do Not Disconnect" that you eject the drive via the little icon down in the right corner of your screen and don't just unplug it. I used to just unplug it after i shut Itunes down and it wiped my ipod out. I lost all of my songs and had to go back and redo the whole thing.

h2oski2fast
08-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Also, did you plug it back into the computer and see if there is a response?

DILLIGAF
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
That happened all the time to mine. Eventually I sent it in and they repaired it. Started happening again and at the worst possible times. Possibly I was causing failures by unplugging when I was supposed to. Anyhow...I just tossed the damn thing and bought a new one and I haven't had any problems with it. Sounds exactly like what was happening to mine Nord. I always burnt some CD's to take as a backup if the Ipod would freeze on me.

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
That just reboots the Ipod, it does not reset it. When you reset it will not lose any songs, but it will reset all of the settings one has changed manually.
Resetting.............standby.

riverbound
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
You wont lose any songs as long as they are loaded on the computer. The Ipod will reference the library on the computer for the songs. Of course if your computer takes a sh*t then you are screwed...... learned that one the hard way :(

riverbound
08-23-2006, 10:44 AM
That happened all the time to mine. Eventually I sent it in and they repaired it. Started happening again and at the worst possible times. Possibly I was causing failures by unplugging when I was supposed to. Anyhow...I just tossed the damn thing and bought a new one and I haven't had any problems with it. Sounds exactly like what was happening to mine Nord. I always burnt some CD's to take as a backup if the Ipod would freeze on me.
My first one had all the same issues, fortunately I bought the warranty from Best buy. and they ended up replacing/upgrading it. As a back up I have XM.

JMC
08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
not to change the subject Nord...but I have always wondered who that is in your Avatar?

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM
mission accomplished!!!
Thanks!!!
~NORD~

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:55 AM
not to change the subject Nord...but I have always wondered who that is in your Avatar?
That would be my leg ;)
My best friend and I were invited to go out with our buddies to Bell Mountain when we were going into our senior year of high school.
Long story short........We didn't go,...there was an accident....8 went, 4 came back. All of our close friends got different renditions of our buddies initials as tattoos. I didn't want one.
I stumbled upon this artwork on the album cover of a older straight edge punk band from the late 80's.
The art meant something to me so I tattood it on my leg about 7 years ago.
Another of my close friends is family with the band so I saw them play their last gig about a year ago. The lead singer really liked the tattoo.
~NORD~

SOCALDETAIL1
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
The best website to troubleshoot ipods is ipodlounge.com, it's the ***boat for ipod geeks.

DILLIGAF
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
My first one had all the same issues, fortunately I bought the warranty from Best buy. and they ended up replacing/upgrading it. As a back up I have XM.
I use XM as a backup, backup....lol

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Reset instructions here:
This just saved me tonight! Thanks :)

RiverRatMike
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm leaving at 5:00 today to go to the river and I was going to make a play list on my ipod.
I connected it to the computer and nothing. Now I can't turn it off or scroll or do anyting . It is stuck on the menu - Music, photos, videos, playlist, etc...
Any suggestions???
Help
~NORD~
Ipods are gay!