View Full Version : Lake Mead Question

jbtrailerjim
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm taking the family out to Lake Mead this coming Sunday for a few days and I have not been out there in many years. We'll be staying in Henderson. Where is the best place to launch the boat coming from Henderson?
Any other advice on Mead would be really appreciated. I've got my fingers crossed for some good weather out there since I know the water can get really nasty when the wind kicks up.

Panic Button
08-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Las Vegas Marina is the closest. Callville ramp is bad now, we tried to launch this weekend and we dropped off, they say if you have anything bigger than a 25' you need to launch at LVM or Echo.

jbtrailerjim
08-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Las Vegas Marina is the closest. Callville ramp is bad now, we tried to launch this weekend and we dropped off, they say if you have anything bigger than a 25' you need to launch at LVM or Echo.
Yeah, I read on a Lake Mead website last night, that Calville is still open but it is a "Use At Your Own Risk" now. Looks like I'll be launching at Las Vegas Marina. Thanks for the advice.

mmered8299
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
wind has been blowing in the afternoon the last couple of days. The lake levels are getting depressing.

burtandnancy
08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Per AZ Game & Fish, Lake Mead held its own this week (-102) but Powell dropped some more. I thot they were suppossed to be holding more at Powell...