PDA

View Full Version : How about a real ***boat party....

NOTALENT
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
As the summer comes to an end we can go out with a bang.....would anyone be intrested in a Cruise to Mexico??? A little weekend cruise or something...figure that would be some good times... :crossx: Just a thought..

LHC30Victory
08-23-2006, 08:48 PM
We'd be up for it, but we need to budget way in advance for a cruise....

ultra27jay
08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
How about a hot boat regatta in havasu with our own boats………. :)

Kilrtoy
08-23-2006, 08:52 PM
How about a hot boat regatta in havasu with our own boats………. :)
That is called OP6
and it never happened this year

SOCALDETAIL1
08-23-2006, 09:56 PM
The summers coming to an end? It's still hot as hell. I think the summer will end in November.

No Name
08-23-2006, 11:54 PM
The summers coming to an end? It's still hot as hell. I think the summer will end in November.
I think I will have to wrap it up the end Sept this year. :cry: Too many things going on in the months ahead.

JetBoatRich
08-24-2006, 04:12 AM
REAL HB PARTY :cool:
I been to a lot of these :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
08-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Brian tried to pull off an Ensenada cruise a couple years ago...not enough interest.
Hell...those weekend cruises are great- I do at least one every year. It's cheaper than a weekend of boating for me...and I can get lit up at let someone else drive the boat!

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 04:31 AM
As the summer comes to an end we can go out with a bang.....would anyone be intrested in a Cruise to Mexico??? A little weekend cruise or something...figure that would be some good times... :crossx: Just a thought..
I might be interested, depending on my budget at the time. Keep me posted.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 05:12 AM
Just a little 2 night cruise or so....they start at about $250 a person depending on what type of room you want... Definatley cheaper then a trip to Havasu, your still on a boat, we have a DD, and hey...you dont need to worry about drunk drivers... :p
Did it a few years in a row and its a damn good time.

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I guess all you really have to worry about is falling off the damn boat. $250? I didn't realize they were that cheap. Is it possible to take (sneak) your own alcohol on the boat?

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 05:27 AM
I guess all you really have to worry about is falling off the damn boat. $250? I didn't realize they were that cheap. Is it possible to take (sneak) your own alcohol on the boat?
yeah...not to expensive..I think the average is actually about $350 for a 3 nighter to Baja. Im not sure about the alcohol, I have never tried to.

Havasu Hangin'
08-24-2006, 05:36 AM
yeah...not to expensive..I think the average is actually about $350 for a 3 nighter to Baja. Im not sure about the alcohol, I have never tried to.
I think I paid around $800 for two people- depart Friday night...arrive Monday morning. That includes all you can eat.
Sneak alcohol? You bet- I brought a whole damn bar with me in Gatorade bottles.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 05:40 AM
I think I paid around $800 for two people- depart Friday night...arrive Monday morning. That includes all you can eat.
Sneak alcohol? You bet- I brought a whole damn bar with me in Gatorade bottles.
Haha..Gatorade bottles...??? Thats a good one...lol good way to cut back costs on some nessecities... :crossx:
Decemeber looks to be the cheapest months, but im not sure how the weather is.... I was thinking Oct...

Havasu Hangin'
08-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Haha..Gatorade bottles...???
I also used some water bottles for the Goose. One conversation went something like this:
HH's Buddy- "HH- do you have some water I can take these aspirin with?"
HH- "Sure. Go ahead and have that Arrowhead bottle over there."
:supp:

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 05:48 AM
I also used some water bottles for the Goose. One conversation went something like this:
HH's Buddy- "HH- do you have some water I can take these aspirin with?"
HH- "Sure. Go ahead and have that Arrowhead bottle over there."
:supp:
That's just brutal! What was his reaction?

Havasu Hangin'
08-24-2006, 05:52 AM
That's just brutal! What was his reaction?
Oh...he had swallowed the whole mouthful before he realized what it was. He then spit out the entire second gulp all over the place. We were on the ground laughing, as he was trying not to throw up.
It's the little things that make life worthwhile....I always say.
:D

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Oh...he had swallowed the whole mouthful before he realized what it was. He then spit out the entire second gulp all over the place. We were on the ground laughing, as he was trying not to throw up.
It's the little things that make life worthwhile....I always say.
:D
Dude...that is harsh, but fockin hilarious...thats some shit I would do...haha..Good times.

alfonzo
08-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I went last year, the weekend before labor day. had a focking blast. i like to call it "drinkfest 05" the min you walk on the boat there's a bar right in front of you. i brought two bottles of goose on, just bury them in the luggage your checking in, make sure you pad'em good cause they don't handel your shiat with care. bring a backpack with stuff you need(swimtrunks) for a few hours cause it takes a while for them to get your stuff to your room. i'm going on one in a month. can't wait, and it was around 753.00 for two people in an outside cabin and last time i went my bar bill was 500.00. its a good time!

OnlyMoney
08-24-2006, 07:04 AM
We go every year in November for our birthdays. Still warm and it's not a very expensive trip...until you buy the champagne and wine every night. :220v: Somehow we always spend more on alcohol than on our whole cruise. :rolleyes:

HOOTER SLED-
08-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Always wanted to do a short cruise. Party time.... :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
08-24-2006, 07:21 AM
...make sure you pad'em good cause they don't handel your shiat with care.
No shit- I made the mistake of bringing mixers, too.
Well...when I finally saw my suitcase sitting in the hall....it had a nice puddle under it.
:cry:

alfonzo
08-24-2006, 07:24 AM
No shit- I made the mistake of bringing mixers, too.
Well...when I finally saw my suitcase sitting in the hall....it had a nice puddle under it.
:cry:
My buddy mike had a huge hole in his, it looked like they tryed to pick it up with a forklift.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 07:42 AM
So are some of you in or what??? :rollside:

HOOTER SLED-
08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
So are some of you in or what??? :rollside:
I think it will be tough getting everyone together at the same time. It's hard sometimes even when you just have a house party. Maybe I need to have another Halloween party? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I think it will be tough getting everyone together at the same time. It's hard sometimes even when you just have a house party. Maybe I need to have another Halloween party? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
True that....and umm....YEAH!!! Did I mention Halloween is my BDAY!!! :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
08-24-2006, 08:03 AM
True that....and umm....YEAH!!! Did I mention Halloween is my BDAY!!! :crossx:
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: Is that why you're so scary lookin'? LOL :rollside:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 08:08 AM
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: Is that why you're so scary lookin'? LOL :rollside:
Probably....but it seems to work for me.... :p
We can do a cruise in a few months...easy to plan...at least for me anyways... :rollside:

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Probably....but it seems to work for me.... :p
We can do a cruise in a few months...easy to plan...at least for me anyways... :rollside:
Ya if it's in a few months that will give me some time to save up and recover from some of these Havy trips.

a catered life
08-24-2006, 08:39 AM
were in..... we do about 2 of those a year anyway just need to know in advance to plan and budget....we have a great travel agent that specializes in cruises she got free upgrades and package deals for groups plus i have a inside person that works for carnival sruise lines :p
count me in :p

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Just a little 2 night cruise or so....they start at about $250 a person depending on what type of room you want... Definatley cheaper then a trip to Havasu, your still on a boat, we have a DD, and hey...you dont need to worry about drunk drivers... :p
Did it a few years in a row and its a damn good time.
and you can pull some ladies too... ask GVOZ, he wanted to marry her....

beaverretriever
08-24-2006, 09:41 AM
We will be in Cabo the last week in Nov. If anyone else wants to book a trip out there, we will see ya there. :)

SOCALDETAIL1
08-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey NOTALENT hit up longtimelurker here on the boards they are the travel agents here on the boards. They can set up everything if you are a AAA member,

djunkie
08-24-2006, 11:10 AM
If you guys leave out of San Pedro or Long Beach, make sure you tip the porters well. :crossx: :crossx:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 11:14 AM
If you guys leave out of San Pedro or Long Beach, make sure you tip the porters well. :crossx: :crossx:
Fock those lazy fools!!! :crossx:

djunkie
08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Fock those lazy fools!!! :crossx:
Don't be hatin :rollside: :rollside:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Don't be hatin :rollside: :rollside:
You know im just fockin jealous...wish I could work there!! :mad:

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I thought they don't leave out of Pedro anymore? I thought they just go out of Long Beach now? What part of Pedro do you live at? I used to work at Cabrillo Beach.

djunkie
08-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I thought they don't leave out of Pedro anymore? I thought they just go out of Long Beach now? What part of Pedro do you live at? I used to work at Cabrillo Beach.
They leave out of both. Long Beach built a new dock by the Queen Mary so some of the ships leave from there now.
I live up from the In-N-Out burger on Western Ave.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
They leave out of both. Long Beach built a new dock by the Queen Mary so some of the ships leave from there now.
when are you hooking me up with a job??? :rollside:

djunkie
08-24-2006, 12:42 PM
There is no hookups. They just hired 13,000 new casuals and they have another 3,000 or 4,000 on the list waiting. You missed out bro.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 12:50 PM
There is no hookups. They just hired 13,000 new casuals and they have another 3,000 or 4,000 on the list waiting. You missed out bro.
Fock..!!! What do casuals start out at??? Fock...I may have to get on the list for the hell of it...

djunkie
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Fock..!!! What do casuals start out at??? Fock...I may have to get on the list for the hell of it...
There is no list. Its all over with. They don't give out applications. When they do hire it is a big group hiring for casuals. I was in the one back in 1997. And there was around 8000 of us I think. They didn't do it again till a couple years ago. And in this hiring they picked I think 16,000 applications out of a drawing. I'd be willing to bet there was close to 100,000 apps. submitted. Maybe more. Not sure what casuals start at hourly. I think dayside basic pay is somewhere close to $20 an hour for them.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 01:07 PM
There is no list. Its all over with. They don't give out applications. When they do hire it is a big group hiring for casuals. I was in the one back in 1997. And there was around 8000 of us I think. They didn't do it again till a couple years ago. And in this hiring they picked I think 16,000 applications out of a drawing. I'd be willing to bet there was close to 100,000 apps. submitted. Maybe more. Not sure what casuals start at hourly. I think dayside basic pay is somewhere close to $20 an hour for them.
Damn....some people have all the luck!!! :yuk: :rollside: I know some chick from high school who just got in because here parents are high up in there...she is making a nice bank roll right now chillin in the office!!!
Time for plan B...LOTTERY!!! :cry:

djunkie
08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Damn....some people have all the luck!!! :yuk: :rollside: I know some chick from high school who just got in because here parents are high up in there...she is making a nice bank roll right now chillin in the office!!!
Time for plan B...LOTTERY!!! :cry:
Got her in where? Office clerks? There is NO way into that union anymore without doing your time through the casual. Except for the mechanics. That is a backdoor way in. But you definately need to know someone for that to happen.

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I can hook you up, are you qualified?

djunkie
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
You trying to give my job away? :crossx: :crossx:

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
i believe they took in 18,000.....

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 01:32 PM
You trying to give my job away? :crossx: :crossx:
you dont want to work days, and you want 4 and 4....sorry bud. hahahahaahha

djunkie
08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
you dont want to work days, and you want 4 and 4....sorry bud. hahahahaahha
Damm man. You guys don't work no deals in that shop? :crossx: :crossx:
Actually I'd be all over it, but I just couldn't deal with having Vito as my lead man. Hey is Bob L. still there in the power shop?

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Damm man. You guys don't work no deals in that shop? :crossx: :crossx:
Actually I'd be all over it, but I just couldn't deal with having Vito as my lead man. Hey is Bob L. still there in the power shop?
Yes sir. Bob is here in the power shop day side........

djunkie
08-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Yes sir. Bob is here in the power shop day side........
Ya he's a dick. I used to work with him. None of us could fit in the shop with him cause his head took up too much space. LOL!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice, I got some friends that live up near there. At the very top of Capital.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Nah...never even applied there....I work like a mother focker though. I dont bitch or complain and I dont care about shifts.... :rollside:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Got her in where? Office clerks? There is NO way into that union anymore without doing your time through the casual. Except for the mechanics. That is a backdoor way in. But you definately need to know someone for that to happen.
Im not sure....Her name is Deserae Hale. I forgot want dept.

djunkie
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice, I got some friends that live up near there. At the very top of Capital.
Thats where I'm at. Up Trudie actually.

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Thats where I'm at. Up Trudie actually.
That's right, I knew the street changed names I just couldn't remember it. Man I miss Pedro. Especially the Burrito Factory.

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Nah...never even applied there....I work like a mother focker though. I dont bitch or complain and I dont care about shifts.... :rollside:
well it is where I have been working..... very hard to get in the union and we are looking for some mechanics.

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Ya he's a dick. I used to work with him. None of us could fit in the shop with him cause his head took up too much space. LOL!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
We have two Bobs that work in the shop, Bob L and Bob M...they are both great workers.

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 06:07 PM
well it is where I have been working..... very hard to get in the union and we are looking for some mechanics.
What type of work? Do they have to be Certified? and are you still in the mortgage business??

djunkie
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
We have two Bobs that work in the shop, Bob L and Bob M...they are both great workers.
I was just joking about Bob L. We used to talk shit to each other all the time. Jokingly of course. Theres a Bob M. on the nightside I know. My mom used to babysit his kids for them years ago.

Parker Dreamin
08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
What type of work? Do they have to be Certified? and are you still in the mortgage business??
I still have my Real Estate license and do mortgage on the side, but I have been working down on the docks as a equipment maintenance superintendent. Basicly manage the longshore mechanics....

a catered life
08-25-2006, 08:48 AM
i think this is a great idea and dont let it die out, do the research and let us know...maybe it can become a annual thing :p

NOTALENT
08-25-2006, 09:21 AM
i think this is a great idea and dont let it die out, do the research and let us know...maybe it can become a annual thing :p
True that...Im definatley down...we need to see how many peeps are actually intrested and give a long enough time frame for everyone who needs to save and plan ahead. Im good to go whenever... :p

HavasuSelect
08-25-2006, 09:22 AM
As of now, I'm interested.