PDA

View Full Version : If there was supposed to be a school shooting..

DUNDUN
08-23-2006, 10:07 PM
at your son or daughters school. like there was a sketchy warning written in the school bathroom, would you not have them go to school that day.
there is supposed to be a school shooting at my school tomorrow,
half the kids are scared, half the kids are using it as an excuse to ditch, and a few kids like me know it is most likely bs and are going to continue as usual..
im just wondering what the parents think cuz all night ive been talking to kids saying they arent going for whatever reason.

Outnumbered
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
WTF? Call the police. Take no chances. That is a no-brainer.

DUNDUN
08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
oh everything is already taken care of,
police will be crawling the school, the school district has released an official statement, etc etc.

YeLLowBoaT
08-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Just go to school like its a normal day. teachers just love to hand out extra credit or test/quizes worth sevral % of your final grade. Forexample my Sn english class teacher( who was also my english 2b in college...) gave us a 25% extra credit on "senior ditch day". I can't tell you how glad I was that my truck did not start after my 1st class.( witch had a test...)

doesitfloat?
08-23-2006, 10:40 PM
There was a bomb threat at a local HS recently. Like you said, many kids used it as an excuse to ditch. This is happening quite a bit nationally.
I would send 'em to school...they're more safe on a day like that with all of the police presence than any other day.
Also, if we, as a country, jump everytime a threat is made then just making threats becomes as powerful as the acts.

RitcheyRch
08-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Send them to school. There will be so many cops on campus that there should be no problems. Most likely is a prank. Can only guess that one of the students called the threat in to get out of going to school.

doesitfloat?
08-24-2006, 06:13 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that class wasn't English.
lol :rollside:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 06:20 AM
That happened my junior year of high school. Someone started writing it on bus benches at school and around the school....Same situation...half the people were scared the other half thought B.S. I just wanted an excuse to get out of school. I ditched and went surfing....nothing happned that day, but turns out that some kid that always got called "Polar Bear" and always got picked on spilled to his best freind about a plan....Next day he was arrested...they found all the materials needed to make some nice size bombs and found a few guns in his room.
This is something to take very seriously IMO. These days it just happens all to much not to be worried.

Her454
08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
ROTFLMFAO! :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. casean
08-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I saw this on the news this morning! :2purples: How scary! I hope nothing happens! But how scary for you and your daughter! I think I would keep her home. I'm sure lots of kids will be staying home today... not worth it to me. Gotta protect our kids!

Captain Dan
08-24-2006, 07:19 AM
What school? In Murrieta? I didn't catch the news. :mad:

Outnumbered
08-24-2006, 07:24 AM
oh everything is already taken care of,
police will be crawling the school, the school district has released an official statement, etc etc.
Sorry to jump your shit. Just thought you were contemplating blowing it off. Glad the authorities were notified. Hope all works out well and it was a false alarm.

OutCole'd
08-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Nice..... :D

RitcheyRch
08-24-2006, 08:30 AM
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_236122141.html
Police Patrol Murrieta H.S. After Shooting Threat
Police patrolled Vista Murrieta High School Thursday morning in response to a shooting threat, district officials said.
The graffiti containing the threat was discovered in a campus restroom Wednesday afternoon, according to Karen Parris of the Murrieta Valley Unified School District.
The threat prompted school district officials to contact the Murrieta Police Department, Parris said.
"There are several officers on campus today. District administrators were also here this morning," Parris said. "The investigation into who wrote the graffiti on the wall is continuing."
Parents and students were notified of the threat, but it was not immediately clear if any students stayed home Thursday.
Parris said the district was taking the threats very seriously, but "there is no credible evidence that this is a legitimate threat."
The incident is the second in the last four months. In May, graffiti containing a similar threat was found in a restroom at Warm Springs Middle School in Murrieta.
No incidents were reported at the school on the day that the graffiti suggested a shooting would take place, Sgt. John Flavin of the Murrieta Police Department said.
Vista Murrieta High School, which has an estimated enrollment of 3,400 students, is located along Clinton Keith Road in the northeast side of the city

Debbolas
08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
My son and daughter go to a local high school, they had a HUGE bomb scare last year. It was advertised on myspace.com. Most folk kept their kids home. My kids REALLY wanted to go. I work with a gal whose husband is a fire chief and he said they checked it out and the call came from a rival high schools students cell phone, but it was a throw away phone so they couldn't trace it. I called the school and they said they had eveything under control, so I sent them. There was very little attendance that day. I went to pick them up and this big beefy FBI guy was manning the phones at the front desk :) My kids said all the teachers gave out extra credit. :D
Our school also has a "freedom" day that some locals have taken to mean "gay" day, lots of kids stay home that day as well and the teachers give lots of extra credit.
Our old principal repremanded the teachers for giving extra credit.
We have a new principal :D
You have to go with your gut....make sure they have cell phones and a place to meet you, if something happens.

RitcheyRch
08-24-2006, 08:41 AM
This happened at Hart High in Santa Clarita last year as well. My Daughter goes there.
My son and daughter go to a local high school, they had a HUGE bomb scare last year. It was advertised on myspace.com. Most folk kept their kids home. My kids REALLY wanted to go. I work with a gal whose husband is a fire chief and he said they checked it out and the call came from a rival high schools students cell phone, but it was a throw away phone so they couldn't trace it. I called the school and they said they had eveything under control, so I sent them. There was very little attendance that day. I went to pick them up and this big beefy FBI guy was manning the phones at the front desk :) My kids said all the teachers gave out extra credit. :D
Our school also has a "freedom" day that some locals have taken to mean "gay" day, lots of kids stay home that day as well and the teachers give lots of extra credit.
Our old principal repremanded the teachers for giving extra credit.
We have a new principal :D
You have to go with your gut....make sure they have cell phones and a place to meet you, if something happens.

DUNDUN
08-24-2006, 02:01 PM
yeah, vista murrieta.
i guess it got news coverage, there was a van parked at the entrance.
but yeah, cops were crawling the school till about nine when the kid got turned in. i "heard" it was a freshman girl.
pretty lame, all the more lame was that this was one of the most boring days of school ever. half the kids were gone.
i was gonna leave too, but at 7:45 in the morning the police were circling the school. not a very good idea to try and escape. hahaha