PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever looked at someones boat

Todd969
08-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Have you ever looked at someones or a friends new boat and just wanted to ask WTF, but out of respect just kept your opinions with yourself? Yesterday BigDoug and his wife came by to take a look at our Mule and Rhino, they are in the market for one themselves. My daughter and her friend are driving the mule around after Doug leaves and she comes back and says "dad there is a really cool cat around the corner".
So I took the Mule and go to check it out. I've seen this cat before on the water and in his garage, but never met him. Since it was on the street I decided to say hi. So I start looking at the boat which he got in Feb this year.
I know that I know he paid over 100K for this boat and the whole time I wanted to ask him WTF were you smoking when you accepted this?
Keeping it short: just my thoughts
First of all it does have really nice base colors throughout the gel, but that's about it. The attempt at fades look like something our kids would do with a pack of crayola's. It has a white rub rail, why wouldn't you paint for a few hundred more or atleast go stainless? I know, minor in some eyes, but with a nice graphic, why wouldn't you? The white makes it look cheap. Back on the gel, not exactly the smoothest,a ton of orange peel.
I asked to look at the interior layout, and jumped on the ladder and in to the boat. Wholly crap, it looked like it might have been done at a sweat shop in downtown LA. The stitching was crooked and the feel of the marine vinyl was very cheesy. The carpet wasn't much better. Even sitting on the rear seat the padding was not very comfortable. I really expected it to be alot cleaner for a custom.
I really had to zip it, I wanted to play 20 questions about this and that, but didn't really know him well enough.
For a boat that is 6 or 7 months old it showed like crap. I don't believe it is the owners doing He garages it and had just cleaned it after being on the lake. I could probably find things on my Nordic too, I guess the point here is, as long as he is happy with it that's all that matters, I was just really let down at the quality.

riverracerx
08-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I always ask "Did you catch the guy that painted your boat?" Most of the time they don't get it.
Start some real drama and tell us who the manufacturer is. :crossx:

NOTALENT
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM
what kind of boat was it.... :p

Jesster
Thats what I was about to say. At least PM us. :crossx:

Jordy
I always ask "Did you catch the guy that painted your boat?" Most of the time they don't get it.
Well Ka-something or the other doesn't make cats anymore, however, they did have one model once upon a time. :idea: :D :D :D

HALLETT BOY
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Gosh Todd, I wonder now what you say about my boat when I cruise by in the
channel, now I'll be really self-conscience! I should of been more conservative in my gel coat colors .....

Todd969
08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Gosh Todd, I wonder now what you say about my boat when I cruise by in the
channel, now I'll be really self-conscience! I should of been more conservative in my gel coat colors .....
I happen to be a big fan of your 270. It's by far one of the cleanest I've seen, of course the fact that you constantly clean it helps :)

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 09:04 AM
HAHA. I think this alot when I'm at the riiver...But to each his own!

Todd969
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
You know Chris, I really wanted to, but I've also been on or around a couple of board members boats of this brand. I wasn't bashing the brand, just the quality it showed. I was really dissapointed in it.

GHT
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I get nothing but compliments on my boat's gel / paint :rolleyes: and it's a Kachina. With that said, There is no way it could be a Kachina. :) :)

HM
08-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Have you ever looked at someones or a friends new boat and just wanted to ask WTF, but out of respect just kept your opinions with yourself?
Nope. I have no problem with opening my penis-hole and spewing offensive words. LOL :D

Todd969
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Nope. I have no problem with opening my penis-hole and spewing offensive words. LOL :D
Keep it up TINY, I'll have Brian come by and kick ya in the junk :rollside:

Jordy
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
With that said, There is no way it could be a Kachina. :) :)
That and it's a cat and it's 6 months old. ;)

beaverretriever
08-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Im so new into the ***boat world that I really have not had much of a chance to check out other peoples boats close up. The ones I have seen are all unbelievable. This weekend, I looked at a few DCBs close up, and Matt's Cobra cat. Both awesome. Im kind of jaded, because all I have seen is high dollar boats close up.
What I have done is check out a lot of websites, mags, and gone to dealers to look at boats. What suprises me is how out of date many of the gelcoats look. I hear all kinds of good stuff about a company, I check out their boats; and the gels are so bad and out of date looking, or just plain un-cool.
On the other hand, what may look good to somone, may look totally horrible to somone else.

HM
08-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Keep it up TINY, I'll have Brian come by and kick ya in the junk :rollside:
True dat...Brian can kick a mean junk. But, I usually have a piece billet billet handy that will keep him distracted for hours. And if that fails...usually a "Look...spread bore carbs that need rebuilding over there" is pretty effective as well. :D

GHT
08-24-2006, 09:15 AM
That and it's a cat and it's 6 months old. ;)
Yup, wonder if it's the boat shown on HB Magazine's cover this month?? (yes they have a magazine). :rolleyes: :D :boxingguy

riverracerx
08-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey, I have purple on my boat...and I still love it (did I mention I also have checkers?)
Of course everyone will have opinions on colors and designs. But poor craftsmanship on the build is a whole 'nother problem.

Todd969
08-24-2006, 09:16 AM
I get nothing but compliments on my boat's gel / paint :rolleyes: and it's a Kachina. With that said, There is no way it could be a Kachina. :) :)
You are correct, but is it running yet?

Jordy
08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Yup, wonder if it's the boat shown on HB Magazine's cover this month?? (yes they have a magazine). :rolleyes: :D :boxingguy
Nope. That's a Warlock with a black rubrail. Does look like it could have been painted in Phoenix though. :D :D :D

ELIMINAT THIS
08-24-2006, 09:22 AM
That thing looks like a bunch of monkeys trying to f-uck a football.
Im not one too talk bad about someones boat,but if you have the nads to put that on your boat you can handle it.

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Have you ever looked at someones or a friends new boat and just wanted to ask WTF, but out of respect just kept your opinions with yourself? Yesterday BigDoug and his wife came by to take a look at our Mule and Rhino, they are in the market for one themselves. My daughter and her friend are driving the mule around after Doug leaves and she comes back and says "dad there is a really cool cat around the corner".
So I took the Mule and go to check it out. I've seen this cat before on the water and in his garage, but never met him. Since it was on the street I decided to say hi. So I start looking at the boat which he got in Feb this year.
I know that I know he paid over 100K for this boat and the whole time I wanted to ask him WTF were you smoking when you accepted this?
First of all it does have really nice base colors throughout the gel, but that's about it. The attempt at fades look like something our kids would do with a pack of crayola's. It has a white rub rail, why wouldn't you paint for a few hundred more or atleast go stainless? I know, minor in some eyes, but with a nice graphic, why wouldn't you? The white makes it look cheap. Back on the gel, not exactly the smoothest,a ton of orange peel.
I asked to look at the interior layout, and jumped on the ladder and in to the boat. Wholly crap, it looked like it might have been done at a sweat shop in downtown LA. The stitching was crooked and the feel of the marine vinyl was very cheesy. The carpet wasn't much better. Even sitting on the rear seat the padding was not very comfortable. I really expected it to be alot cleaner for a custom.
I really had to zip it, I wanted to play 20 questions about this and that, but didn't really know him well enough.
For a boat that is 6 or 7 months old it showed like crap. I don't believe it is the owners doing He garages it and had just cleaned it after being on the lake. I could probably find things on my Nordic too, I guess the point here is, as long as he is happy with it that's all that matters, I was just really let down at the quality.
are you talking about my boat focker?? :220v: :D

GHT
08-24-2006, 09:33 AM
are you talking about my boat focker?? :220v: :D
He would never do that... Your stitching is crooked on purpouse.... :crossx: :)

Mandelon
08-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Why do you have to bag on Commander like that? :p
P.S. Obnoxus is actually spelled Obnoxious..... :cool:

GHT
08-24-2006, 09:37 AM
That thing looks like a bunch of monkeys trying to f-uck a football.
Im not one too talk bad about someones boat,but if you have the nads to put that on your boat you can handle it.
Guess you can never say that again... :rolleyes: I thought that boat was too much for my eyes... Could have gone so many other ways than the way it did.... WRONG.

Todd969
08-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Why do you have to bag on Commander like that? :p
P.S. Obnoxus is actually spelled Obnoxious..... :cool:
On my license plate it's OBNOXUS

RiverDave
08-24-2006, 09:47 AM
What kind of rubrail does your Nordic have? I've only ever seen them with that rather large rubber inserted rub rail in either white or black?
RD

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 09:56 AM
What kind of rubrail does your Nordic have? I've only ever seen them with that rather large rubber inserted rub rail in either white or black?
RD
that is irrelevant Dave since he was talking about 100K+ custom boats and we all know the Nordic is not a custom boat, nor is it north of 100K. :wink:

riverracerx
08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey now! :crossx:
:p

RiverDave
08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
that is irrelevant Dave since he was talking about 100K+ custom boats and we all know the Nordic is not a custom boat, nor is it north of 100K. :wink:
The 21' is 60 something, so is the 22.6.. I couldn't imagine there 28 being under 100K anymore?
My point was capping on the rub rail (pun intended) when you have a white plastic one on your boat just kinda struck me funny.. LOL
RD

Todd969
08-24-2006, 10:05 AM
The 21' is 60 something, so is the 22.6.. I couldn't imagine there 28 being under 100K anymore?
My point was capping on the rub rail (pun intended) when you have a white plastic one on your boat just kinda struck me funny.. LOL
RD
The point was about the custom gel and graphic follow thru likes Cudmores as an example. It's looks wrong having a white rail instead of painted or stainless on such a multi colored gel.
And the white rail on my Nordic is just fine based on the graphic lay out.

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
If he is happy with it, what does it matter.

Todd969
08-24-2006, 10:18 AM
If he is happy with it, what does it matter.
Let me stress that by no means is my non custom Nordic or the JC toon for that matter perfect. This is really about the overall quality observed on such a pricey boat.

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Let me stress that by no means is my non custom Nordic or the JC toon for that matter perfect. This is really about the overall quality observed on such a pricey boat.
Ok cool, so tell us who the manufacturer is? :)

Tequila-John
08-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes i do that all the time. :)

rivercrazy
08-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Does the brand name start with an "A"

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Does the brand name start with an "A"
no but there may or may not be an A in it somewhere...

rivercrazy
08-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Does it start with a "C"

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Does it start with a "C"
:idea:

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Can I buy a vowel for $100?

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Can I buy a vowel for $100.
cash?

OutCole'd
08-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Can I buy a vowel for $100.
Sure, here's an "E", now just send me the check, will you? :)

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Ok what is it..
Aftershock or genisis

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 11:42 AM
cash?
Straight cash baby!!!!!

No Name
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Well Ka-something or the other doesn't make cats anymore, however, they did have one model once upon a time. :idea: :D :D :D
I believe it was called a Warrior or some crap like that, and I do mean “CRAP" :D

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok what is it..
Aftershock or genisis
How do you know its not a DCB? :)

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
How do you know its not a DCB? :)
Cuz they are NEVER parked on the street.... and he said it was on the street

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks to that person who PM me and told me. At least I now know that my boat manufacturer won't be the punching bag of this thread. Sorry, but I have been sworn to secrecy so I can't PM anybody.

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Cuz they are NEVER parked on the street.... and he said it was on the street
I figured that was the reason..

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Ok what is it..
Aftershock or genisis
strike one and two

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:50 AM
must be :cool:

USCFAN
Thanks to that person who PM me and told me. At least I now know that my boat manufacturer won't be the punching bag of this thread. Sorry, but I have been sworn to secrecy so I can't PM anybody.
Thats good to hear, I figured we were going to take another beating..... But you have to be loyal to your fellow Commander owner and let me in on the secret.

blown dough
Also Dave doesn't play with Crayola's anymore.

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
strike one and two
Do I have to call your desk phone to get the goods? :)

blown dough
08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Does it start with
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

USCFAN
Also Dave doesn't play with Crayola's anymore.
I know he has stepped his game up to Sharpies....

No Name
Just tell us who it is, if anyone gets mad they can always blame Todd for starting the thread. :D :D

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Does it start with
Yes. :)

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Just tell us who it is, if anyone gets mad they can always blame Todd for starting the thread. :D :D
Lol. :)

blown dough
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Yes. :)
Cool then I am getting closer!!!!

dicudmore
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Do I have to call your desk phone to get the goods? :)
perhaps :idea:

No Name
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I’m going to give you an A+ on that, good job. :)

USCFAN
08-24-2006, 12:01 PM
MY mamas boyfriends, lil cousins, big brothas ex-girlfriend's, auntie's baby daddy's best friend told me. :)

blown dough
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I know I know I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Lets see this is a tuff one, but i think I have it
uses crayola's, Of engine compartment splatter paint=Eliminator
gel is not that good = Eliminator
parked on the street, YEP it has to be an Eliminator

Jyruiz
08-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Dam, somebody here does not like Eliminators. :crossx:

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 12:21 PM
LOL. Come on Mig, you can do better than that. That 26 Daytona with splatter and X's would whoop you. If I were you, I'd go for the splatter.

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Dam, somebody here does not like Eliminators. :crossx:
Actually I do like them, itw just me poking at at them.
did this boat have p[ower coated blue or red gauges and checkers..
Is so then it is them

No Name
08-24-2006, 12:30 PM
And I was going to make Eliminator my next boat. I just may have to reconsider now. :frown:

djunkie
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow. Your pulling the Eliminator card instead of the Howard card for once. :crossx:

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Wow. Your pulling the Eliminator card instead of the Howard card for once. :crossx:
That's because he saw the numbers of a larger 26 Daytona with X's...I'd be envious too :crossx:

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 12:44 PM
LOL. Come on Mig, you can do better than that. That 26 Daytona with splatter and X's would whoop you. If I were you, I'd go for the splatter.
Now I know why they call you DCBDAYTONA...
Because Rob already had ELIMINATOR4LIFE....
hey Tony is in town , want me to swing by and pick up your royalty check

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Now I know why they call you DCBDAYTONA...
Because Rob already had ELIMINATOR4LIFE....
hey Tony is in town , want me to swing by and pick up your royalty check
Sure, tell him I said WAZZUP :p
I'm waiting to hear the numbers on the new 22 Daytona with 300xs'.

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Sure, tell him I said WAZZUP :p
I'm waiting to hear the numbers on the new 22 Daytona with 300xs'.
What does he know you as...
Little red
or
JUNIOR

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 12:59 PM
What does he know you as...
Little red
or
JUNIOR
Either one will work. The real question is...What does he know YOU as? :220v:

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Either one will work. The real question is...What does he know YOU as? :220v:
That is open for debate.....
maybe his next customer.... :2purples:

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 01:03 PM
That is open for debate.....
maybe his next customer.... :2purples:
YIKES. I think I'm rubbing off on you. :crossx:

rivercrazy
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
That is pretty funny - without Eliminator, DCB wouldn't even exist! They wouldn't have had a blank to start with!

ratso
08-24-2006, 01:07 PM
That is pretty funny - without Eliminator, DCB wouldn't even exist! They wouldn't have had a blank to start with!
lmao... :hammer2:

DCBDaytona
08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
HAHA. Hey, everybody gets their start somewhere! It's just the fact of getting some DCB owners to recognize their heritage. :cry:

rivercrazy
08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
HAHA. Hey, everybody gets their start somewhere! It's just the fact of getting some DCB owners to recognize their heritage. :cry:
:D:D:D

ratso
08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Mexico???
:rollside: :) :hammer2: :jawdrop: :D

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
WAIT A MINUTE......
You mean DAVE didnt invent the boat....
WTF.................
What are you gonna tell me next, The world is round or something stupid like that

phebus
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Todd, just let me know where it's parked, and I'll spill the beans..............

OutCole'd
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Todd, just let me know where it's parked, and I'll spill the beans..............
Such a bad ass. :)

Phat Daddy
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I read through 4 pages of blah blah blah and still didn't find out who!!! WTF!!! :crossx:

phebus
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Such a bad ass. :)
Nah, just a big mouth :)

RiverDave
08-24-2006, 03:41 PM
I read through 4 pages of blah blah blah and still didn't find out who!!! WTF!!! :crossx:
Well just to make you feel better I can probably narrow it done via hte process of elimination..
It obviously wasn't commander becuase their situation is exactly the opposite of what was described. Almost everything they put out sucks on some level or another, so when they finally do put something together nice it's the nice one that sticks out not the other way around.. The same could also be said for Scoopy's infamous waterrods, aftershock, and a few others in the same grouping of "I got the same thing you got but paid 60K less" mentallity..
It certainly could've been a DCB, Eliminator, Howard or LaveyCraft becuase they always put out top notch shit so if something wasn't quite up to snuff it'd stick out like a sore thumb.. This group could also include all the quality builders of Cats that fall into the snobby category of "Yeah I paid 60K too much for my shiznit, but it's the bomb diggity and you know this man..... Now move along poor boy becuase we don't let them poor boy boats on our beach. Besides we be having a mini regatta everydamn weekend and your shniznit is not only not fittin in where you get in, but ruining our rep yo.."
I'd get into the midrange builders, but I'd be here all damn night typing that one up.
RD

playdeep
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
...This thread is starting to remind me of the infamous H builder thread...from a few years back....

Phat Daddy
08-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Well just to make you feel better I can probably narrow it done via hte process of elimination..
It obviously wasn't commander becuase their situation is exactly the opposite of what was described. Almost everything they put out sucks on some level or another, so when they finally do put something together nice it's the nice one that sticks out not the other way around.. The same could also be said for Scoopy's infamous waterrods, aftershock, and a few others in the same grouping of "I got the same thing you got but paid 60K less" mentallity..
It certainly could've been a DCB, Eliminator, Howard or LaveyCraft becuase they always put out top notch shit so if something wasn't quite up to snuff it'd stick out like a sore thumb.. This group could also include all the quality builders of Cats that fall into the snobby category of "Yeah I paid 60K too much for my shiznit, but it's the bomb diggity and you know this man..... Now move along poor boy becuase we don't let them poor boy boats on our beach. Besides we be having a mini regatta everydamn weekend and your shniznit is not only not fittin in where you get in, but ruining our rep yo.."
I'd get into the midrange builders, but I'd be here all damn night typing that one up.
RD
This has got to be one of your best post.............................................. .................................................. ................ of the month. LMAO at this one. :D :D :D

djunkie
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
It certainly could've been a DCB, Eliminator, HOWARD or LaveyCraft becuase they always put out top notch shit so if something wasn't quite up to snuff it'd stick out like a sore thumb.. This group could also include all the quality builders of Cats that fall into the snobby category of "Yeah I paid 60K too much for my shiznit, but it's the bomb diggity and you know this man..... Now move along poor boy becuase we don't let them poor boy boats on our beach. Besides we be having a mini regatta everydamn weekend and your shniznit is not only not fittin in where you get in, but ruining our rep yo.."
RD
You know it!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

rivercrazy
08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
This group could also include all the quality builders of Cats that fall into the snobby category of "Yeah I paid 60K too much for my shiznit, but it's the bomb diggity and you know this man..... Now move along poor boy becuase we don't let them poor boy boats on our beach. Besides we be having a mini regatta everydamn weekend and your shniznit is not only not fittin in where you get in, but ruining our rep yo.."
RD
This part of RD's post is one of the funniest and truthful statements I've read on thiis board in quite a while

RiverDave
08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
This part of RD's post is one of the funniest and truthful statements I've read on thiis board in quite a while
Can't leave out the boyz like, Shockwave, HTM, American Offshore, Ultra and many others that fall into the midrange I paid slightly too much for my shiznit group.
They fall into the ole "Hey I know it's not a _________ fill in snobby boat owner company here but atleast it's not a _________ fill in cut every corner in the book boat company here.. We're out here to have some fun, and atleast we look like we know what we're doin, and what we don't have in bling we're making up for in Tribal Graphics.
(I hope y'all know these posts are meant to be humerous... I like John Wests boats personally ;) )
RD

Kilrtoy
08-24-2006, 04:45 PM
it starts witha C and is FIVE letters long
i hope that helps

Old Man Havasu
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
This stuff is really funny! I hope that parking on the beach/channel stuff is not true...yikes! :2purples: I'm up for the conversation though! :argue:

AZJD
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
i hope that helps
Cacka! :crossx:

beaverretriever
08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
i hope that helps
COCKS?
Boats that look like big phalic members going down the river to gayville?

jbtrailerjim
08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
i hope that helps
OK, so it's Cobra. Whats the big f*ckin deal. Why does everyone act like its some big fuggin secret. Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Wild Horses
08-25-2006, 06:06 AM
OK, so it's Cobra. Whats the big f*ckin deal. Why does everyone act like its some big fuggin secret. Sheesh... :rolleyes:
I Agree.

Tremor Therapy
08-25-2006, 06:27 AM
We all have our pet peeves, and if you want to look at a boat hard enough, I believe you will find something....there are made by hand and by humans for god sakes.
I bet if you scrutinize a DCB hard enough, you will find at least 1 zip-tie that was not clocked properly to the other 17,875,423 zip-ties in the boat! :)

Dribble
08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
We all have our pet peeves, and if you want to look at a boat hard enough, I believe you will find something....there are made by hand and by humans for god sakes.
I bet if you scrutinize a DCB hard enough, you will find at least 1 zip-tie that was not clocked properly to the other 17,875,423 zip-ties in the boat! :)
Now that was funny
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

boxscore
08-25-2006, 07:17 AM
WAIT A MINUTE......
You mean DAVE didnt invent the boat....
WTF.................
What are you gonna tell me next, The world is round or something stupid like that
LMAO. Miggy...wtf? You're usually not this clever and witty.

ChumpChange
08-25-2006, 07:20 AM
The Cobra owners must have known it was them from the start because I don't see one post from a Cobra owner anywhere in this thread.
Now that the name has been said, aren't we all supposed to jump on them and bash the company? This thread is slow to develop.

Jafojunkie
08-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey i own a cobra and here i am. It must have been the owners fault that the boat looked like shiit. not cobra. i am in there often and have seen no mistakes. Many people can not afford to have standard stuff so they move down. unlike u rich basturds.

beaverretriever
08-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey i own a cobra and here i am. It must have been the owners fault that the boat looked like shiit. not cobra. i am in there often and have seen no mistakes. Many people can not afford to have standard stuff so they move down. unlike u rich basturds.
I have seen a few Cobras up close and I really liked them. I would consider the 26 as my next boat.

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 07:55 AM
WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im lost.
the owner of the boat screwed up building it.......
That is a new one......

ChumpChange
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Many people can not afford to have standard stuff so they move down. unlike u rich basturds.
You can move down? So you can tell Hernando that you can't afford the standard and ask for a 4cylinder engine? Really? Can I ask for hard plastic seats too?
Was it your boat? As long as you feel like you paid a fair price then so be it.

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Im still checking I am only on zip tie 2396.... This may take awhile

blown dough
08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Im still checking I am only on zip tie 2396.... This may take awhile
I'm done counting I only got 17.875,419 zip ties, I better call and have other 4 zip ties overnighted to me before tomorrow.

pm069
08-25-2006, 10:09 AM
But do you know where they are supposed to go? :cool:

djunkie
08-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Meow, Psst psst. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

Mrs.Killer
08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
This thread was funny, it looks like a few guys got their panties all wet. I thought this was a Cobra thread not a DCB thread......haters

RiverDave
08-25-2006, 01:49 PM
This thread was funny, it looks like a few guys got their panties all wet. I thought this was a Cobra thread not a DCB thread......haters
I complimented DCB's in this thread.. You calling me a hater? :D
RD

djunkie
08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't have any problems with DCB's at all. Just some of the owners of them. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Mrs.Killer
08-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I complimented DCB's in this thread.. You calling me a hater? :D
RD
Your not a hater sweetheart, your usually on the money with shit like this... :rollside:

RiverDave
08-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Your not a hater sweetheart, your usually on the money with shit like this... :rollside:
Are you and Killer heading down to the b-day bash or what? I never got a final answer.. Just a "Might make it down for this" from Kilrtoy.
RD

MR HARLEY
08-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi Ms. Killa :wink: :clover:

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Are you and Killer heading down to the b-day bash or what? I never got a final answer.. Just a "Might make it down for this" from Kilrtoy.
RD
Yes we will

djunkie
08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Yes we will
I call Bullshit. :crossx: :crossx:

460 jus getn it
08-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Do all DCB owners wear black socks............Just a thought

blown dough
08-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Do all DCB owners wear black socks............Just a thought
It is in our rule book, #2071, but not every one follows the rules, some of those owners are rebels.

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I call Bullshit on your bullshit :yuk:

460 jus getn it
08-25-2006, 02:24 PM
It is in our rule book, #2071, but not every one follows the rules, some of those owners are rebels.
So its like follow the leader............................................ .......................

blown dough
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
So its like follow the leader............................................ .......................
Have you ever tried to wear socks with flip flops?? Summers are the exception to this one rule.

MR HARLEY
08-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm with you on this one. :D

djunkie
08-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm with you on this one. :D
Ya but he called bullshit on my bullshit. So I got cancelled out. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

460 jus getn it
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Have you ever tried to wear socks with flip flops?? Summers are the exception to this one rule.
I get it now. Cool, floow the leader sounds about right.........................

Mrs.Killer
08-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Ms. Killa :wink: :clover:
Hi baby.....see ya soon

RP2
08-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Classless post IMO. You can always pick apart things on boat, cars houses, but it sure points a finger at how much character you lack. Does the guys like his boat... that's all that matters... enough said!

Froggystyle
08-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Classless post IMO. You can always pick apart things on boat, cars houses, but it sure points a finger at how much character you lack. Does the guys like his boat... that's all that matters... enough said!
I disagree with you. You can always pick things apart, but the industry doesn't seem to want to raise quality to match the raised prices. I think that if you sell a boat for over $100K, it should have a serious level of refinement, and the buyers should demand it.
I think that critique of the industry is greatly lacking. There is a lot of "if he likes it, what do you care" going on. Nobody seems to have any problem bagging on the new Expedition if they don't like it, or the Escalade is "A Tahoe with a wood dash". The difference is that on a custom boat, you are attacking a persons sense of taste (or lack of it) a lot more personally since they have such a large say in the outcome.
I think we all need to grow some skin and start demanding more refinement in the upper end of the industry. Raise the level of style, raise the level of rigging. The buyers need to start getting what they pay for.
My .02

Jesster
08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I disagree with you. You can always pick things apart, but the industry doesn't seem to want to raise quality to match the raised prices. I think that if you sell a boat for over $100K, it should have a serious level of refinement, and the buyers should demand it.
I think that critique of the industry is greatly lacking. There is a lot of "if he likes it, what do you care" going on. Nobody seems to have any problem bagging on the new Expedition if they don't like it, or the Escalade is "A Tahoe with a wood dash". The difference is that on a custom boat, you are attacking a persons sense of taste (or lack of it) a lot more personally since they have such a large say in the outcome.
I think we all need to grow some skin and start demanding more refinement in the upper end of the industry. Raise the level of style, raise the level of rigging. The buyers need to start getting what they pay for.
My .02
On the money, as usual. :)

bordsmnj
08-25-2006, 04:20 PM
this thread is all bullshit and lies.
dcb does not put odd numbers of zip ties in boats.
but this is a good thread for the average condecending idiot. :rollside:
this post is in no way pointed at any one person but rather all of you as a "hole".
bords(smuggerthanyou)mnj