PDA

View Full Version : loaner snoot

Nucking futs
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I am looking to see if anyone has a snoot that I can borrow for a weekend. Don't wan't to drop the coin if it doesnt work for me.Trying to get the last bit of porpose out of my boat and the droop (berk) is giving me to much lift. went back to the standard flange and it got better but now the boat is way wet and the P/D isnt helping to get the ass up. Maybe time to try a backcut shoe. Any Ideas?????

XClutchboy725
08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I just pulled the Place Diverter snoot off of my boat for the same reason. I haven't quite made up my mind which way to go now. Maybe "The Snoot" maybe a smaller droop. The Place Diverter Droop drops the thrust line 2 full inches, which was a little too much for my boat. Yours is bigger, you're more than welcome to give it a try if you want. It's just sitting on my workbench at home.
Let me know...

Nucking futs
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanx Jeff, but I have the place droop as well and actually it is worst of all. Looking to try one of Duanes snoots.
Again thanks.

LGCDEVIL
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Check your PM's

Nucking futs
08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Got it thanks, I will swing by tomorrow. Hell Now i might beat you with your own parts. lol

Legal Chemistry
08-24-2006, 01:32 PM
This may have been asked too many times, but what advantage would I "in theory" have by placing a droop/snoot on my 24' Hawaiian. With the P/D it seems I can trim it out just right while cruising. Will the droop help in quicker planning/hold shot? It seems I've heard mixed results -so I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) where I don't want to drop coin on no-return purchases. Then again I did pay $5 for a lighter that moans when you turn it on. :idea: thanks

bradbigsley
08-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I believe that the droop lowers the thrust line of the pump, lifts boat up, boat runs drier = faster. On a 24'er, I think it would take substantial HP to "carry" the nose of the boat with a droop. Not enough HP, the boat will porpise. But, I would definately try one if somebody will loan one to you.

rivertard
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanx Jeff, but I have the place droop as well and actually it is worst of all. Looking to try one of Duanes snoots.
Again thanks.
Tim if Gregs does not work I have a Duanes stright snoot if you need it. :cool:

rivertard
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Brad what the f#5k how ya been. :)

XClutchboy725
08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Tim if Gregs does not work I have a Duanes stright snoot if you need it. :cool:
Rivertard, Do you run a droop? If so, which one?

rivertard
08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Rivertard, Do you run a droop? If so, which one?Clutchboy its an aggressor long droop.(rivertard).+6 degree wedge and alot of beer, O and a 4" grinder.

Flip
08-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Duane should have a couple of these available to loan out. Call him up, give a credit card # to hold just in case someone doesn't return it, you pay for the shipping. Probably sell a few more if people weren't afraid to drop the coin.

XClutchboy725
08-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Clutchboy its an aggressor long droop.(rivertard).+6 degree wedge and alot of beer, O and a 4" grinder.
LOL Did you try Duanes Snoot? If so, what were your results?

rivertard
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
LOL Did you try Duanes Snoot? If so, what were your results?The boat came out of the hole good, BUT I like the 7 degrees in the droop for the rooster tail, its not a race boat. Well ya its a race boat when its on the trailer its fast, ya right.If you want to try the stright snoot come down to ontario and get it.let me know.(rivertard). :rollside:

steelcomp
08-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Place is now making a sort-of mini droop...it's short, dosen't have much droop to it, has about 2.5 deg. of pin angle. It's a quality piece, and sounds like just what you need.
Call MPD, and talk to Jack. He has the place snoots, and is a great guy to deal with.
Just my .02

XClutchboy725
08-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Place is now making a sort-of mini droop...it's short, dosen't have much droop to it, has about 2.5 deg. of pin angle, and is a MUCH nicer part than Dewayne's snoot. It's a quality piece, and sounds like just what you need, and a lot less expensive.
Dewayne wouldn't loan me one...said he'd sell me one, and if it wasn't what I was looking for, he'd refund all but $100.00 of my $$. Basically said it would cost me $100.00 to try it out. :rolleyes: I bought one from him, and it was the ugliest POS part I have ever recieved. Burrs all over it from machining, dirty finger prints...looked like it was skipped down the isle in the warehouse before they shipped it, PLUS, it was machined wrong, so I sent it back. Dewayne said it was no problem, and that he'd gladly refund my $$. That was three weeks ago, and I still haven't recieved my refund/credit for the part, even after a friendly reminder a week later. :crossx: I also had to pay to ship it back.
Call MPD, and talk to Jack. He has the place snoots, and is a great guy to deal with.
Just my .02
That's a good idea! Jack is redoing my pump right now, so it's actually perfect!
Thanks for the offer Rivertard. I may take you up on that!

rivertard
08-24-2006, 06:13 PM
That's a good idea! Jack is redoing my pump right now, so it's actually perfect!
Thanks for the offer Rivertard. I may take you up on that!
YOU GOT IT.

78Southwind
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Has anyone used one of these dealios?
6" EXTENSION HOUSING
http://www.americanturbine.com/images/products/new/R6607.jpg
The 6” extension housing moves the leverage point back similar to the droop snoot, but does not drag the steering nozzle. Unlike a snoot there isn’t any flow restrictions. Also, you may wedge at either or both ends of the extension to tune your hull for the ultimate performance.

Nucking futs
08-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Has anyone used one of these dealios?
6" EXTENSION HOUSING
The 6” extension housing moves the leverage point back similar to the droop snoot, but does not drag the steering nozzle. Unlike a snoot there isn’t any flow restrictions. Also, you may wedge at either or both ends of the extension to tune your hull for the ultimate performance.
Thats cool Jerry ~! now buy one so I can try that too !

Duane HTP
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Steelcomp, thanks for letting me know. I ran the credit on your card the day you called. Check to be sure you didn't already get the credit. I'll check on my end tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Sorry, I thought all was taken care of. BTW, I do now have the straight ones back in stock. Just got 50 more of them from the machine shop yesterday. They are a rough casting, but seems no one wants to pay the price to have them polished or powder coated so we send then just as cast. Trying to keep the cost down is why.
Duane HTP

steelcomp
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Steelcomp, thanks for letting me know. I ran the credit on your card the day you called. Check to be sure you didn't already get the credit. I'll check on my end tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Sorry, I thought all was taken care of. Duane HTPI checked just before I posted this. No recent activity, no credits to the account.
I'll take you at your word, and look into it further tomorrow.

Duane HTP
08-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks, Like I say, I'll check on my end and get a hold of you tomorrow.

steelcomp
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
If you have a standard Berk intake, you have to wedge down a long way before a full droop hangs below your ride plate. If you have 3/4"-1" from the bottom of the ride plate to the bottom of the droop, you should be OK. Check with a straight edge. That extension isn't any where near as good as any type of snoot. The water is going to eventually have to pass from the bowl exit through a smaller opening at the nozzle, and the most effective way to do that is with some sort of gradual reduction in dia. or transition. The Place snoot has a very nicely radiused transition that looks as if it will actually have a veneturi effect. Duane's snoot does a good job of reducing that flow without bending the water. That big 'ol extension does nothing to help transition from the bowl dia. to the nozzle dia, and I'm sure there's a ton of turbulence at the end of that thing under pressure.Has anyone used one of these dealios?
6" EXTENSION HOUSING

TRG
08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Tootie! i have the AT snoot that you can use over the holiday, but its going on a buddys boat the following week! you are more than welcom to it!
If you need it, i;ll have it @ Tommy's saturday,...lemme know.
Todd

XClutchboy725
08-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Tootie! i have the AT snoot that you can use over the holiday, but its going on a buddys boat the following week! you are more than welcom to it!
If you need it, i;ll have it @ Tommy's saturday,...lemme know.
Todd
Well there ya go........Tootie!......? :p

Duane HTP
08-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Steelcomp. I believe I have the situation handled. I ran your credit, but for some reason the machine did not dump. (I think?) Anyway I snail mailed you copies of everything this morning. Should show up on your statement in a couple of days. American Express is a little slower than the others. Sorry for the problem. Duane HTP

TRG
08-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Well there ya go........Tootie!......? :p
I have a friend named Tim that ive known since diapers andd have always called him tootie! Laughed my ass of in my head as i was typing it!
kinda like a location joke, just had to be there.