PDA

View Full Version : Hey Roz... how are your ears?

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Still ringing???

ROZ
01-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks to you I can't hear a thing! Thank god your LOUD stereo didn't cause any damage to my ears like an infection and throw my equilibrium off, or I wouldn't be able to read, type, or masterbate....
Thanks again! :D

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 11:41 AM
What?

ROZ
01-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Tom,
You would have been pretty impressed with the Zapco Symbolink to pc tuning process. It's amazing on all the parameters you can manipulate...
Totally cool :)

TOBTEK
01-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Tom,
You would have been pretty impressed with the Zapco Symbolink to pc tuning process. It's amazing on all the parameters you can manipulate...
Totally cool :)
TOLD YOU I WANTED ZAPCO.....YOU talked me into the crapy Audison stuff.

Phat Matt
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I say rip that shit out and start over. :rollside:

Phat Matt
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Wes, what happens if you lose power to those amps? Do you lose the settings as well because it is set digitally?

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Didn't Target just pick up the Audison line? :idea:

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey Wes, what happens if you lose power to those amps? Do you lose the settings as well because it is set digitally?
I'd be shocked if someone were to release a product such as that without using flash ram.

Cole Trickle
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Give you $10.00 for all the amps!!;)

ROZ
01-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Yea right... I said sparkowood!

Flashover
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Kenford makes some good Chit.... :crossx: :crossx:

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah, too bad we all have to learn how to settle for less huh???
Your system is proof that there is always a bigger fish...
But mine comes stock. ;)
You would dig this thing though Toby.
Matt,
The memory is "permanent" until reprogrammed, and we protect that from happenning.
It is truly amazing. I was able to remove all of the passive crossovers in the system as a result of how tunable the amplifiers are. Probably close to a 20-30 db gain on the mids and tweeters as a result.
Hey Tom... there is this frequency it hits that we call "The Brown Sound..." Any relation? ;)

Phat Matt
01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
But mine comes stock. ;)
Matt,
The memory is "permanent" until reprogrammed, and we protect that from happenning.
It is truly amazing. I was able to remove all of the passive crossovers in the system as a result of how tunable the amplifiers are. Probably close to a 20-30 db gain on the mids and tweeters as a result.
Hey Tom... there is this frequency it hits that we call "The Brown Sound..." Any relation? ;)
Cool. :cool:

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Froggy, I'll sample my next dump and send you a wave file so you can see if there is any resemblance.
I'd like to see some pictures of the system. Any chance?

ROZ
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
He is the father of ... :D

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Froggy, I'll sample my next dump and send you a wave file so you can see if there is any resemblance.
I'd like to see some pictures of the system. Any chance?
Yeah. I will go snap some stuff off. The subs are still minus the pads that go in between them, and the amp cover is still off until we wrap everything up in tuning, but you will get the idea...

riverracerx
01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
If you put the speakers on the outside of the hull maybe it will float across the water on the enormous sound waves? Like a hovercraft.
Now THERE is a marketing technique! ;)
Wes, Can't wait to see one in person!
Chris

TOBTEK
01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
But mine comes stock. ;)
Matt,
mine was "STOCK" from the manufacture as well. just the basic PHASE 10 on the new 06 price list.

RiverDave
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
20 - 30 DB? Jesus!!
I had a question about your system actually, Or rather the install. The subs appear to be along one the port forward to after bench seat. Are you going to be putting something there (seat cushions above and below the speaker?) so people can still sit there?
RD

rivercrazy
01-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Are the subwoofer cones square? I hear they are the loudest!!!!

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Are you going to be putting something there (seat cushions above and below the speaker?) so people can still sit there?
The broads will wrestle each other for those seats.

RiverDave
01-13-2006, 02:34 PM
For the money.. ;)
RD

rivercrazy
01-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey Dave. I heard you were selling the Nordic a while back - is that true?

JB in so cal
01-13-2006, 02:38 PM
You're gonna need prolly a seven-sided gangly sprocket to get those just right.

RiverDave
01-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey Dave. I heard you were selling the Nordic a while back - is that true?
Not to highjack the thread.. but yes I am going to be selling it here in the near future. I haven't put much effort into selling it yet, becuase I'm going to bring it back to California and go through the boat. :) After that it'll probably be up at boat brokers.
RD

Tom Brown
01-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Is there a Revolution in your future, Dave?

rivercrazy
01-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Not to highjack the thread.. but yes I am going to be selling it here in the near future. I haven't put much effort into selling it yet, becuase I'm going to bring it back to California and go through the boat. :) After that it'll probably be up at boat brokers.
RD
Didn't you know? highjackin is a regular occurance round these parts! Good luck selling it. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. Whats in your future for a replacement? Schiada? :D

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 02:52 PM
mine was "STOCK" from the manufacture as well. just the basic PHASE 10 on the new 06 price list.
"Stock" does not mean "Optional". Yours was an outsourced, factory installed sound system built to owners specifications. And I'm sure Dave spent a ton of time on those enclosures for the separates...
Incorporating "Wired For Sound" into your construction process doesn't count Toby. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely lust over the way your stuff turned out, but that install was out of the scope of DCB's range of experience and ability to design and build.
When Dave puts the "Phase 10" system in every boat he can call it stock. ;)
How much was that Phase 10 option anyway? Seriously.

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 02:55 PM
20 - 30 DB? Jesus!!
I had a question about your system actually, Or rather the install. The subs appear to be along one the port forward to after bench seat. Are you going to be putting something there (seat cushions above and below the speaker?) so people can still sit there?
RD
People can still sit there currently. Actually, it is one of the primo locations in the boat. There are cushions going in between the subs, but only to protect them because I hate billet grilles.

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 03:58 PM
OK, here are some pics. There are more in the gallery on our site.
Subs...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=532&g2_serialNumber=2
Foward seating area... note the speakers behind our custom two-level grilles in front facing backward...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=552&g2_serialNumber=2
Closer view of the front speakers..
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=542&g2_serialNumber=2
Forward facing speakers with the ramp down... Also a shot of one of the remotes...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=567&g2_serialNumber=2
Kind of a whole interior shot...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=557&g2_serialNumber=2
Here is a quick pic of the fiberoptics working in the cupholder...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=513&g2_serialNumber=2
We have spent a bunch of time updating the Trident Gallery on our website, so feel free to check it out and tell me what you think...
Trident Gallery (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=7)

RiverDave
01-13-2006, 04:50 PM
People can still sit there currently. Actually, it is one of the primo locations in the boat. There are cushions going in between the subs, but only to protect them because I hate billet grilles.
In looking at the pictures, I'm not sure how the cushions go where the subs are? Again, this is all a moot point, becuase if it was my boat, I'd just leave it like it is.. LOL Sound is more important then having an extra person or two in there. ;) I was just curious is all.
Looks like you have the front ramp on now as well. Any pics of it in the up position, and down (as well as many a couple of articulating shots?). Looks bitchen. Are the recesses going to be for billet plates like on the back of the boat? Or are you going to be putting in the rubber inserts?
RD

Froggystyle
01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
In looking at the pictures, I'm not sure how the cushions go where the subs are? Again, this is all a moot point, becuase if it was my boat, I'd just leave it like it is.. LOL Sound is more important then having an extra person or two in there. ;) I was just curious is all.
Looks like you have the front ramp on now as well. Any pics of it in the up position, and down (as well as many a couple of articulating shots?). Looks bitchen. Are the recesses going to be for billet plates like on the back of the boat? Or are you going to be putting in the rubber inserts?
RD
They go in between the subs on either side. Like I said, mostly to protect the subs.
No pics yet. Hinge assembly is finally in powdercoat.
No billet on the front ramp or the rearmost swimstep (the one in the water). All rubber inserts for safety.

canuck1
01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
That is the biggest Seado I have ever seen...

mbrown2
01-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Looking good Froggy....and I agree with Dave....I would leave it as is....the cushions might help though....perfection would be they would sit a little deeper...and hold the same line or more deep then the adjoining benches..
But you can't beat the placement you have chosen...up high mid boat...and I would give up the seats to have the subs right out in front....are you going to coat them with anything....ie: sun or water protection?
Again, looking very good!

phebus
01-13-2006, 06:01 PM
are you going to coat them with anything....ie: sun or water protection?
Or, staggering drunk protection? :rollside:

ROZ
01-13-2006, 06:01 PM
That is the biggest Seado I have ever seen...
Funny thing is that Seadoo's and a lot of other "production" boat hulls are totally ahead of the curve when compared to typical layups... West coast customs, especially.. I'm no boating genius, but it seems kinda pointless for some... Imagine how fast an F29 would be if it was on the "infusion" diet...lol Maybe it wouldn't be such a "lake" boat :D
Hell, even the tincan layup is proven...lol.. look at the rockets you guys drive....
Imagine how much faster a Schiada would be... maybe as fast as an Aussie Cyclone :D
It doesn't look so much like a sea-doo in person...

ROZ
01-13-2006, 06:03 PM
I hear it really puts you into your seat during takeoff ;) :D

mbrown2
01-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I hear it really puts you into your seat during takeoff ;) :D
It does....Wes was just babying it and I felt planted in the seat!

Froggystyle
01-14-2006, 12:16 PM
But you can't beat the placement you have chosen...up high mid boat...and I would give up the seats to have the subs right out in front....are you going to coat them with anything....ie: sun or water protection?
They will be covered to a large degree with these small cushions, but the material they are made of is no more susceptable to sun damage than the interior.
Recessing was not an option... the speaker baskets are 1/16" away from the back of the enclosure, which is glued to the outside of the boat. Any further recessed and you would have speakers coming out the side.
These speakers are huge. But damn do they beat hard.
You will need to coat them with some form of vinyl/rubber protectant when you detail the boat, and the cleaner comes with the boat when you buy it.

Froggystyle
01-16-2006, 01:26 PM
OK... it turns out that no matter how much you increase the sample rate, MP3's just do not sound as good as CD's.
But, Ipods still kick ass.

Ziggy
01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Talk about ripples on the water...that much power is gonna set up some gnarley circular wakes on the water.
And to think I was happy to have four working speakers...LOL :D

canuck1
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Funny thing is that Seadoo's and a lot of other "production" boat hulls are totally ahead of the curve when compared to typical layups... West coast customs, especially.. I'm no boating genius, but it seems kinda pointless for some... Imagine how fast an F29 would be if it was on the "infusion" diet...lol Maybe it wouldn't be such a "lake" boat :D
Hell, even the tincan layup is proven...lol.. look at the rockets you guys drive....
Imagine how much faster a Schiada would be... maybe as fast as an Aussie Cyclone :D
It doesn't look so much like a sea-doo in person...
BLA BLA BLA....Seadoo :rollside:

canuck1
01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
OK... it turns out that no matter how much you increase the sample rate, MP3's just do not sound as good as CD's.
But, Ipods still kick ass.
So dump the radio details and tell us how it runs, turns, rides, etc.

canuck1
01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
And some more pics of it runnig too