TRG
08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
How the hell do i post pics???
Can some one help?...bought a new boat and want to put up pics! :crossx:
Thanks in advance!
Todd

Cat & Mice
08-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Are you using Iphoto? if so you need to export and resize. Goto Share tab and then select export. Other then that Mac is just drag an drop. It is so easy PC users usually over think it. it took me a couple of weeks to relize everything is just so easy you can't do it. Just think about how it should be and not how Microsoft would do it. You have beed trained the wrong way for too long. :)
Once you get used to it you will never go back. I have friends that ask me to fix thier PC's and I forgot how to fix them. I have had Macs now for 3 years and have never reloaded software and only called tech support once because my Excel was crashing, Pretty funny that the only problem was with a Microsoft product.
Don't over think it!
MP

ssmike
08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
boy, that does sound easy. LOL.

Beer-30
08-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Dude. It's fine that you bought a MAC laptop, but don't tell everyone you did. :)

Cheap Thrills
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Bought a Mac laptop
lay down the crack pipe and step awayyyy from the fruit :D
J/K :rollside:
C.T. :wink:

riverracerx
08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Mac's are the best. I have converted many poor PC users who have been subjected to the awful operating system known as Windows!
once you go Mac, you never go back!
http://images.apple.com/macbook/images/designglossydisplay20060516.jpg

imbndvs
08-25-2006, 10:28 AM
http://images.apple.com/macbook/images/designglossydisplay20060516.jpg[/QUOTE]
I could not agree with you more

onesloryd
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Has anyone tried running complex windows programs on mac’s? I use Solidworks all the time and they currently do not offer an OS version.

Desert Rat
08-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I went from a MAC to a PC. MAC's do some things better but trying to find software is a MAJOR Biatch!!

Seadog
08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Two of my friends are mac addicts, but make their living doing support for Windows based units. There is no money in tech support for Macs.
As for the no software excuse, it don't fly any more. Any new Mac will run Windows and Window based programs natively. You just have to buy the Windows OS you want and download a copy of Boot Camp from Apple. OS10.5 will come with it installed. The only real advantage that Windows have is the number of games, and if that is what you have a computer for, you don't need a Mac.
Here (http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/opinion/dellmacprofollowup/index.php) is an article about the new high end Mac and how it beat the socks off the high end Dell.

Cheap Thrills
08-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Mac's are the best. I have converted many poor PC users who have been subjected to the awful operating system known as Windows!
While I agree with you on Microsnot Windooze being an aweful OS there are other alternatives.
I have tried Mac and prefer a PC running an AMD with Linux. but whats good for the goose isn't always good for the gander too. Whatever floats your boat and to each their own. But I have to question why , if Mac is so good why are they starting to use Intel prosessors in some of their systems instead of keeping with doing their own thing ? Not trying to start shit here honestly I'm not :D
Congrats on your Mac purchase Todd, I hope it gives you many years of trouble free entertainment.
C.T. and the virus free PC on Linux :wink:

riverracerx
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
A chip is a chip, just different manufacturers. We are talking about processor speed and the fact that the Mac has runs 64 bit technology with multiple processors. I am no expert, but they are fast! The OS is a big factor and Windows is just a 3-4 year old version of a Mac OS.
Inside every Mac Pro resides two new Dual-Core Intel Xeon “Woodcrest” processors. Running at up to 3GHz, they bring industry-leading, 64-bit, quad-core performance to every Mac Pro.
Go to an Apple store and spend one hour (literally) having the guy show you what it can do. I bet you will be impressed.

Cheap Thrills
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Go to an Apple store and spend one hour (literally) having the guy show you what it can do. I bet you will be impressed.
I'm afraid if I do that I'll F'in want one :cry:
I started out on Apples back in the day as well as BASIC on my Atari. even dabbled quite a bit with a TRS-80 CoCo what a fooked up deal that was looking back on it. (still have the TRS-80 too) But setteled in with the IBM crowd and been with it ever since.
Cheers.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1127311.gif
C.T. :wink:

Seadog
08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
IBM and Motorola made the PowerPC chips for Apple. They were making more money with the chips in devices and did not work on development of new chips for computers. Apple was getting fustrated because they were getting behind on chip performance. When Intel developed the duo-core chip, Apple realized that they had the basis to make a big leap in performance. The duo-core chips are lower in power consumption and heat, with much faster speeds. Intel benefited because they were fighting the cheaper AMD chips for market share.