PDA

View Full Version : Nagin, what an ass! IMHO

OGShocker
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Watch the video here,.,., (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/60minutes/main1933092.shtml)

centerhill condor
08-25-2006, 08:51 AM
the bad part of this is that he expects the same amount of money in NOLA as NYC and it ain't gonna happen. So they'll piss away what they have and can get, expecting someone to come rescue the city just like a year ago! hard times in the land of plenty.
http://:www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16987&stc=1

SmokinLowriderSS
08-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I guess if your house is washed into the street, it makes the street private property now. What a maroooon. :mad: :mad:
On a tour of the decimated Ninth Ward, Nagin tells Pitts the city has removed most of the debris from public property and it’s mainly private land that’s still affected – areas that can’t be cleaned without the owners' permission. But when Pitts points to flood-damaged cars in the street and a house washed partially into the street, the mayor shoots back. "That’s alright. You guys in New York can’t get a hole in the ground fixed and it’s five years later. So let’s be fair."
I'll be fair, your a currupt, idiotic, aZZ Ray. :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Man, 1 city councilman sure has it right since Ray got re-elected:
"Should things have happened quicker? Yes. But everyone has their own style of leadership, and right now our political leader, our political father is Ray Nagin," says Oliver Thomas, New Orleans City Council president.
"So for the next four years, we’re going to sink or swim with him," Thomas tells Pitts.

deltaAce
08-25-2006, 04:53 PM
If he dosn't want the "rich people" to spend money there to rebuild, maybe they can round up Jimmy Carters gang, Habitats for humanity & the towns people can rebuild with more grant money. No, wouldn't work. Jimmy would keep an eagle eye on the money so nagin couldn't embesel it!

Forkin' Crazy
08-25-2006, 08:52 PM
After what I've seen of him, it doesn't surprise me. Seems he insists showing his inferior intellect.
Boy I could be called a racist for what I'm thinking right now!!! :220v:

Steve 1
08-26-2006, 04:32 AM
Nagin ?? His Name is spelled wrong.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, you choose canuck, White Power or Black Idiot Power?

SHOTKALLIN
08-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Nagin is not wrong for wanting blacks to be able to move back to their home town. My family is from New Orleans and have been in New Orleans since the early 1900's. In New Orleans the Creoles are considered Black. The light skinned Creoles can pass for White but they are not. I am Creole and I have family members that are siblings that range in color from as fair as your average white guy to the shade of Denzel Washington. Without the Creole people in New Orleans....well lets just say your Gumbo would just be soup. Without the Blacks New Orleans loses alot of its soul. New Orleans is a City known for its Cajun and Creole roots.
Nagin IS HOWEVER AN IDIOT for making some ignorant comments about "Chocolate City" which it was not. New Orleans is or was a very diverse city with Creoles, Cajuns, Whites, and Blacks. There is still a crime problem in the city. It seem as if the Blacks who were good citizens left and might not come back. There are thousands of people all races who have been displaced due to the huricane. I think he should be fighting for all the residents to be able to come home. Sad thing is when there are neighborhoods that are filled with homes that were only worth 20K before the storm, who is going to want to come back to that? Especially now that in Houston or where ever they are they have better homes and jobs. I think he should be happy that all the welfare recipients of all races have found public housing elsewhere. They were the ones, along with the gangsters IMHO that were bringing down the city.
just my .02

YeLLowBoaT
08-26-2006, 08:54 PM
It still amazes me that he was relected. Rather or not he is a idiot( from what I have seen/read about him he is, but thats news media so it could be skewed.) i do not know, I do know that he is a RACIST. like Shotkallin said New orleans Is a mix of alot of races Black, European, native american and any combonation in between. With out ALL of those racing blending thier cultures and blood line the south would not be what it is today. One thing is for sure, Alot of ppl that left new orleans will not return.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-27-2006, 05:01 AM
How about just plain IDIOT as Shotkallin said.
We sure agree there canuck. :)

Old Texan
08-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Nawlins will never be properly rebuilt until the graft and corruption are removed and that's probably not going to happen.
I was with a guy from the west bank last week whose neighbor was bidding some work in NO. He was told his $600 per unit bid included a $100 under table kickback to the local civil servant overseeing the project. Accurate story or not, this is how business has been done in NO and will continue.
Misappropriation of funds for levee repair is why the floods happened in the first place. NO politicians are incapable of getting anything done right and Nagin is just the puppet in power blasting the federal government, whining for more funds mishandle.
Big business and corporate money funding high end building projects and real levee repair are the only thing that could really put NO back together. Small homeowners and low income folks don't stand a chance in the climate of corruption.
With the amount of debris that is accumulating from demotlition, another hurricane hit would further turn NO into the world's largest landfill.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
With the amount of debris that is accumulating from demotlition, another hurricane hit would further turn NO into the world's largest landfill.
I can have my hopes and dreams still.
Come on Katrina II.

HOSS
08-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Come on Katrina II.
Come down here and say that. I`ll phuc u up ten different ways.

HOSS
08-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Ok, Nagin was right on! The interview was all taken out of context. And you know what? Ground zero is still a hole in the ground. How much has been spent on that? How many people have been affected by Katrina? Ten times the amount. The houses in the street couldn`t be knocked down. Nagin wanted to start sooner and be done with it but nigger lawsuit with nigger attorneys delay the whole phucin process. Get your chit straight before you open your phucin mouths. :mad:

centerhill condor
08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
easy there big fella...there's plenty of blame to go 'round. We're all pullin' for ya just recognizin' the roadblocks to rebuilding. A little here and a little there and it ads up to slow to no progress once everybody has a finger in the pie.
Just so we're straight rebuilding the city is a herculian task in the best of times...she'll still be under the sea level no matter how much is spent.
NOLA proud to crawl it home!

HOSS
08-28-2006, 04:02 AM
And Florida is in the path of most storms due to jet stream (can`t be moved by man). And just how many times is the taxpayer gonna have to fit the bill? California and especially San Diego is built on top of a fault line! Right on top of it. Its gonna happen, its gonna be bad, its gonna cost over a trillion dollars. Why do you support SD and most of California? This can be controlled down here. The leeves just need to be strengthened. Tornado alley. Just why in the phuc do we have cities and town`s there? Hawaii with volcanoes. The war is over, we don`t need it, its not strategic anymore.Wildfirs every single GOD damn year out west. Get the hell out of there.
So you see, its about money. PERIOD! I can rebuild you but you can`t rebuild me. I don`t like it either. If the government will buy me out I`ll take it. Why the government you ask. They buy everyone else out,,,SO WHY THE PHUC NOT ME. :mad:
Our governor is an airhead, most of the government is. Nagin,,,is right on with me. He`s straight forward, to the point and tells it like it is. The chocolate thing I`ve ALWAYS said was just him caught in the moment. Thats it. He`s human. And black. He stayed, like myself, the whole time. He never abandoned his post,,,EVER! Thats a phucin man boy! The New York statement I stand behind one hundred 100 percent %. New York happened. We`ve done all we can. Move on. Its been 5 years man. What else can we do? We are still struggling. Do you what is involved with an SBA loan. They might as well not even make it an option. There`s still people living in hotels with families. They don`t have a base to start with. True, uneducated phucs (niggers) are messing it up for most blacks but most just never did give a phuc to begin with. What can the govment do for me. They gotta do this, they gotta do that, they da guvment.
No one in the nation minds the goods coming through this port. Don`t mind the oil and natural gas. We don`t get money from it. The least you PHUCS could do is support new levees for us ignorant mutha phucas. Show a little appreciation for my grandparents. I`d do the same for you and have and will continue.
Now as far as wishing another Katrina on me, my wife and my little boy (23 mos), I`ll slam your phucin` teeth down your throat! HARD! :mad:
We ned levees people. Thats all. We`ll find a way for the rest,,,,always have,,,always will. I grew up here. Grandfather retired from the Coast Guard here. He ran away from Italy when he was 13 years old. Grandmother from Germany as a girl (parents came over, farmers), Dad`s side are from the Netherlands. My Uncle use to own American Beauty Butter, Grandfather was a major in NOPD, father after service in military worked for GSRI as a chemically engineer thn open his own metallurgy shops, mother has been and is still a school teacher at 73 years old here in Jefferson Parish. Wife is a pharmacist (pharmacy manager actually - thats over all the pharmacists) and me well, after all the shipyards (Coast Guard and Navy projects right here in NO,LA and Louisiana) now one my own shop.
My family and I are shit? I think most phucs out there need to rethink themselves. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in your life endeavor of understanding I can and will,,,KICK YOUR ASS! :mad:

HOSS
08-28-2006, 04:18 AM
I guess if your house is washed into the street, it makes the street private property now. What a maroooon. :mad: :mad:
On a tour of the decimated Ninth Ward, Nagin tells Pitts the city has removed most of the debris from public property and it’s mainly private land that’s still affected – areas that can’t be cleaned without the owners' permission. But when Pitts points to flood-damaged cars in the street and a house washed partially into the street, the mayor shoots back. "That’s alright. You guys in New York can’t get a hole in the ground fixed and it’s five years later. So let’s be fair."
These are nigger lawyers defending niggers in court and suing as to stop demolishion before they have time to get their stuff. Its not Nagin doing this you phucin bozo! He wanted it demolished the day after. The media is playin your stupid phucin ass. Its niggers suing just to sue and be heard. GET IT YET? Every time Ray turned around there was another suit. Do you even realize that the Vietnamese community in the EAST (swamp and landfills) has been suing to close the largest landfill since Katrina due to the possibilty of dangerous waste like refrigerators and such! Its a phucin shithole close to the end of the Earth but a lwyer told these people they are entitled to money so they filed a class action. The mayor has to also deal with keeping the landfills open amongst other pety bs. The federal government needed to step in from day one! Did Nagin say that since day one? Wasn`t he telling the President to get off his ass! You phucin people just phucin suck. :mad:
SUCK MY ASS! :mad:

Old Texan
08-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Hang on there Hoss, no one here wishes any harm to you and your family. SS got a little crazy with a shot at humor but he'd never wish another disaster on ya.
I believe everyone fully agrees where the problem lies and that the lower end of the food chain you refer too are causing the bulk of the immediate problem.
Myself I still maintain that graft and corruption play a huge part in what ails your state and city. I've been doing business in LA for many years and my company recently acquired 2 medium size industrial businesses in LA. There always seems to be lots of hands out in order to do business. Far more so than in other states.
The levees being in the condition they were in prior to Katrina was directly tied to the corruption. Whether Nagin is good or bad is irrelevant from what has happened through the past concerning levee conditions. Better handling of federal money would go a long way in gaining the trust and support of the rest of the nation.
Hang in there Hoss, the Big Easy will get right with folks like your family working at it. Maybe you need to take a couple boatloads of those lawyers out to play with the gators? That'd be a good start to getting things straight... :wink:

Jesster
08-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Wasn't it LA's Governor that stopped the federal government from stepping in on day 1?
I dont know I stopped paying attention when everybody started pointing fingers and that's probably why this has come to the point it has. Actually when the media started pointing fingers, if you want to blame an entity for the problems blame the media, they skew everything to suit their own political leanings and after a while nobody knows the truth so its just easier to shut it off.
I feel for the people of NO and HOSS is right, it is a matter of time before bad things happen in other parts of the country, but at this point because (IMHO) of the name calling and finger pointing nobody wants to hear it anymore.

Steve 1
08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Florida sure we get these storms all the time (like right now) BUT!!! So Florida is well above sea level and has the strongest building code in the world there is no comparison to N.O.and we have a state government that can think too boot.

HOSS
08-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Building codes must not be that good, MY tax dollars rebuilds ya`ll every GOD damn year!

Steve 1
08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Building codes must not be that good, MY tax dollars rebuilds ya`ll every GOD damn year!
Some roof damage is all I see here no major rebuilding like N.O BTW just how is rebuilding a place that is below sea level a good idea?

HOSS
08-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Port of New Orleans, oil and gas production.
Roof damadge? Why are their still people living in FEMA trailers from hurricane Andrew. Damn Floridian free loaders. Its been 2 years and they are still in a FEMA trailer? GOD damn free loadin phucs. Tell those Floridians to get a GOD damn job and move somewhere else.
Kinda hurts looking through this window. Don`t it! Prick.

HOSS
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Some roof damage is all I see here no major rebuilding like N.O BTW just how is rebuilding a place that is below sea level a good idea?
just so you can`t change your BS midstride. prick (notice the lower case now)
Why in the hell did the US taxpayers pay for Panama City about a decade ago? Its right on the coast. What benefit does that entire communtiy serve? Take a breath son,,,it only gets harder from here.

Steve 1
08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Port of New Orleans, oil and gas production.
Roof damadge? Why are their still people living in FEMA trailers from hurricane Andrew. Damn Floridian free loaders. Its been 2 years and they are still in a FEMA trailer? GOD damn free loadin phucs. Tell those Floridians to get a GOD damn job and move somewhere else.
Kinda hurts looking through this window. Don`t it! Prick.
What are you talking about ??

Steve 1
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
just so you can`t change your BS midstride. prick (notice the lower case now)
Why in the hell did the US taxpayers pay for Panama City about a decade ago? Its right on the coast. What benefit does that entire communtiy serve? Take a breath son,,,it only gets harder from here.
My BS attitude??????? I have been through these things all my life and never got a government dime but again I am not stupid enough to live below sea level My suggestion grow gills

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Come down here and say that. I`ll phuc u up ten different ways.
Glad to know i'm still welcome in 'Nawlins if I ever deicde to visit it. Not likely tho.
No sense of Humor HOSS, Fine, I apologise for getting a bit overboard.
Beyond that, WTFever.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
No one in the nation minds the goods coming through this port. Don`t mind the oil and natural gas. We don`t get money from it. The least you PHUCS could do is support new levees for us ignorant mutha phucas. Show a little appreciation for my grandparents. I`d do the same for you and have and will continue.
If you weant improved Levees, you better clear that one by your local Siera Club branch. They are the reason you didn't get the improvements the COE wanted to put in back in the '80's. There's ya another lawsuit to raise hell about, when the SC sued to make the COE do MORE "Environmental Impact Studies" than they already had, and the COE looked at it, saw the money spent was going to be exhorbitant, and walked away.
We ned levees people. Thats all. We`ll find a way for the rest,,,,always have,,,always will.
You also better note the lack of funding released for certain projects in the '90's was because of the corruption. Because the contractor COULD NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE DESTINATION OF ALL THE FUNDS BEFOREHAND so as to justify the expendatures. Thus, the feds refused to just "give out money" without knowing where it was going, and insisting on it being legitimate.

Old Texan
08-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey Hoss, are ya goin' to the new Spike Lee movie about how everyone f'd over New Orleans and how Bush and the white folk blew up the levees? :p
I know you're frustrated and defending the honor of your home but the rest of the country only sees the BS coming out of the mouths of the whiners and lowlifes. They also view your buddy Nagin as one of those whiners. For you to come off as you are about NY and FL kinda puts the same attention on your attitude. I live in Houston and trust me, New Orleans ain't gettin' any sympathy over this way. I hired one of your illustrious evacuees and it cost my company about 5k to fix what he f'd up.
So give the peeps a break with the tough guy talk and remember NO created a helluva a lot of their own problems with graft, corruption, and whinin'. You voted in the leadership from state level on down and maybe need to hold their thievin' asses to the fire, ya think? :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2006, 03:19 PM
The federal government needed to step in from day one! Did Nagin say that since day one? Wasn`t he telling the President to get off his ass!
What Nagin was telling the president from "day 1" as you put it, was that the feds need to do his job for him.
Nagin announced an evacuation 2 days before Kat hit.
Nagin left town.
Nagin left 50,000 people in town, with the means to haul them out if he had wanted to.
Nagin was telling the president he needed to COMANDEER AMTRAK TRAINS to evacuate NOLA when it WAS NAGIN'S JOB to follow his own disaster prep plan, which WAS NOT DONE, which included using the city and school district busses TO EVACUATE THOSE WITHOUT CARS (which wasn't done).
Should I bring up LEMA (Louisiana (state) Emergency Management Association prevented the Red Cross from delivering supplies to the Superdome? It was explained as intended to "not slow the evacuation of the supeprdome".
The House Select Committee report on Katrina also confirmed Fox reporting that Louisiana officials explained to the Red Cross the reason they did not want relief supplies brought to the Superdome would be that that would delay the evacuation of the Superdome.
Also, on a side note, your glorious Governor, on 3 separate occasions, when asked by the President of the US (twice before the damn hurricane hit land), PREVENTED HIM from putting "her" Natl Guard troops on the federal payroll, and putting them under the much simpler federal command structure.
But this thread is about Nagin.
All Nagin has ever done is finger point, right along side of his governor. If you think he is doing a fine job, fine. You can have him. I disagree. The "Chocolate city" bit, never did surprise me, not 1 bit.

Old Texan
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Hoss, where ya at? Them Bondo fumes gettin' to ya? :p
Hey maybe you could build a Bondo action figure of Schoolbus Ray and paint it up all Mardi Gras and shiat......give him a big ol' bailin' bucket to hold. Whatcha think? :)

HOSS
08-30-2006, 04:41 AM
What Nagin was telling the president from "day 1" as you put it, was that the feds need to do his job for him.
Nagin announced an evacuation 2 days before Kat hit.
Nagin left town.
Nagin left 50,000 people in town, with the means to haul them out if he had wanted to.
Nagin was telling the president he needed to COMANDEER AMTRAK TRAINS to evacuate NOLA when it WAS NAGIN'S JOB to follow his own disaster prep plan, which WAS NOT DONE, which included using the city and school district busses TO EVACUATE THOSE WITHOUT CARS (which wasn't done).
Should I bring up LEMA (Louisiana (state) Emergency Management Association prevented the Red Cross from delivering supplies to the Superdome? It was explained as intended to "not slow the evacuation of the supeprdome".
The House Select Committee report on Katrina also confirmed Fox reporting that Louisiana officials explained to the Red Cross the reason they did not want relief supplies brought to the Superdome would be that that would delay the evacuation of the Superdome.
Also, on a side note, your glorious Governor, on 3 separate occasions, when asked by the President of the US (twice before the damn hurricane hit land), PREVENTED HIM from putting "her" Natl Guard troops on the federal payroll, and putting them under the much simpler federal command structure.
But this thread is about Nagin.
All Nagin has ever done is finger point, right along side of his governor. If you think he is doing a fine job, fine. You can have him. I disagree. The "Chocolate city" bit, never did surprise me, not 1 bit.
He NEVER asked anyone to do his job! EVER! He was asking for federal assistance dork. Military assistance to be exact. Ever seen African movies? 100k black people without any rules can only be handled on ONE level. Militarily. Period.

HOSS
08-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Hey Hoss, are ya goin' to the new Spike Lee movie about how everyone f'd over New Orleans and how Bush and the white folk blew up the levees? :p
I know you're frustrated and defending the honor of your home but the rest of the country only sees the BS coming out of the mouths of the whiners and lowlifes. They also view your buddy Nagin as one of those whiners. For you to come off as you are about NY and FL kinda puts the same attention on your attitude. I live in Houston and trust me, New Orleans ain't gettin' any sympathy over this way. I hired one of your illustrious evacuees and it cost my company about 5k to fix what he f'd up.
So give the peeps a break with the tough guy talk and remember NO created a helluva a lot of their own problems with graft, corruption, and whinin'. You voted in the leadership from state level on down and maybe need to hold their thievin' asses to the fire, ya think? :idea:
Did I tell you to hire this idiot? Do you know how to hire people or did you figure you`d get someone dirt cheap and exploit them when they were down. I bet you will reply saying you were doing your civic duty and giving an evacuee a job to support his family and grandmother who were all living in a tent. Bottom line,,,your full of chit.

HOSS
08-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Not defending the honor of home at all. Louisiana government was corrupt from the top to the bottom. Morial will get his. He and his wife can`t hide behind the NAACP and BET forever. He`ll get his. Here`s the deal pal, I live in Jefferson Parish. If New Orleans doesn`t survive, Jefferson won`t. The levees are an Army Corps responsibility right? Can we agre on that. It is fact. So tell me what money has to be sent to any part of Louisiana`s legislature. This is an Army Corps problem. Thats a federal agency not Louisiana.
Now I get it. What your saying is the federal government was sending the money to Louisiana for levee repairs/studies/upgrades! They federal government was passing the buck (their responsibility) to us dumb sum bietches in Louisiana. Now I get it. The levee problem is essentially a Louisiana problem. Louisiana is not entitled federal assistance. Louisiana is not entitled military assistance. I see. Louisiana is on its own. But Louisiana residents can still pay taxes. Gotcha. By the way, we are all hoping that all those niggers stay in Houston. Even Ray. Gotcha again. :rollside:
SO again,,,what the phuc does Ray Nagin have to do with it?

Old Texan
08-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Did I tell you to hire this idiot? Do you know how to hire people or did you figure you`d get someone dirt cheap and exploit them when they were down. I bet you will reply saying you were doing your civic duty and giving an evacuee a job to support his family and grandmother who were all living in a tent. Bottom line,,,your full of chit.
Actually he was hired based on his resume that turned out to be a complete lie. He was hired in at a top wage for his supposed credentials. After F'ing up a job, he quit by phone and never returned.
Since you claim to read people's very thoughts and have all the answers why don't you get your blowhard asse down to city hall or better yet up to Baton Rouge and fix shiat?
Texas covered your boy Ray's asse and now we're viewed as not giving enough.
You have always come across as a standup kinda guy, but this latest diatribe paints the picture of just another Nawlin's whiner.
Bottom line- "If you smell chit Hoss, look under your hat for the source."

Old Texan
08-30-2006, 05:19 AM
Not defending the honor of home at all. Louisiana government was corrupt from the top to the bottom. Morial will get his. He and his wife can`t hide behind the NAACP and BET forever. He`ll get his. Here`s the deal pal, I live in Jefferson Parish. If New Orleans doesn`t survive, Jefferson won`t. The levees are an Army Corps responsibility right? Can we agre on that. It is fact. So tell me what money has to be sent to any part of Louisiana`s legislature. This is an Army Corps problem. Thats a federal agency not Louisiana.
Now I get it. What your saying is the federal government was sending the money to Louisiana for levee repairs/studies/upgrades! They federal government was passing the buck (their responsibility) to us dumb sum bietches in Louisiana. Now I get it. The levee problem is essentially a Louisiana problem. Louisiana is not entitled federal assistance. Louisiana is not entitled military assistance. I see. Louisiana is on its own. But Louisiana residents can still pay taxes. Gotcha. By the way, we are all hoping that all those niggers stay in Houston. Even Ray. Gotcha again. :rollside:
SO again,,,what the phuc does Ray Nagin have to do with it?
Nobody is saying LA isn't entitled to assistance nor are they passing the buck. The problem lies with the fact LA government cannot show proper appropriation of funds. They show no plans to survive a natural disaster like Katrina and therefore bite their own selves in the asse when it comes to federal aid.
Hell the NOPD roster was full of fictional names in order to qualify for federal funds and when the storm struck the city was under manned. Uniform officers shown on national TV looting, copps rideing around in new Caddies claiming they had no squad cars. Are all these stories bogus?
New Orleans created it's own image and now the rest of the country wonders why this crap continues to go on.
By the way, we got plenty of wetbacks coming your way to replace your missing blacks. Instead of beignets with your coffee you can munch down on a nice chorizo breakfast taco. :)
Hang in there Hoss. :p

HOSS
08-30-2006, 08:25 AM
phucer :D :D :D

SmokinLowriderSS
08-30-2006, 04:38 PM
He NEVER asked anyone to do his job! EVER! He was asking for federal assistance dork. Military assistance to be exact. Ever seen African movies? 100k black people without any rules can only be handled on ONE level. Militarily. Period.
Just how much help was Nagin suposed to get? From WHO?
His governor is responsible to provide him MILLITARY assistance, with her Natl Guard, and with Natl Guard troops borrowed from other states. Why didn't she do it?
US FEDERAL millitary are not allowed, by federal law, to go into a civilian area and enforce law (unless the locals are declared unable to do it), and the US FEDERAL millitary does not have any training for rescues like you want them to do, WE Guardsmen get it.
Amtrak had decided to run a "dead-head" train that evening to move equipment out of the city. It was headed for high ground in Macomb, Miss., and it had room for several hundred passengers. "We offered the city the opportunity to take evacuees out of harm's way," said Amtrak spokesman Cliff Black. "The city declined. "So the ghost train left New Orleans at 8:30 p.m., with no passengers on board.
Sunday, 28 August: BEFORE Katrina hit.
Nagin also announced that the city had set up 10 refuges of last resort, and promised that public buses would pick up stragglers in a dozen locations to take them to the Superdome and other shelters.
But he never mentioned the numbers that had haunted experts for years, the estimated 100,000 city residents without their own transportation. And he never mentioned that the state's comprehensive disaster plan, written in 2000 and posted on a state Web site, called for buses to take people out of the city once the governor declared a state of emergency.
In reality, Nagin's advisers never intended to follow that plan -- and knew many residents would stay behind. "We always knew we did not have the means to evacuate the city," said Terry Ebbert, the sharp-tongued city director of emergency management.
And they didn't follow it. They DID blame it on "no bus drivers" tho.
By late Sunday, as millions of people in the Gulf region sought a safe place to hunker down, hundreds of shelter beds upstate lay empty. "We could have taken a lot more," said Joe Becker, senior vice president for preparedness and response at the Red Cross. "The problem was transportation." The New Orleans plan for public buses that would take people upstate was never implemented, and while many residents did manage to get out of town -- about 80 percent, the mayor said -- tens of thousands did not.
Whose job was it to implement the plan??? The Mayor's.
The federal disaster response plan hinges on transportation and communication, but National Guard officials in Louisiana and Mississippi had no contingency plan if they were disrupted; they had only one satellite phone for the entire Mississippi coast
In the drowning city, chaos erupted. Looting was widespread, sometimes in full view of outnumbered police and often unarmed National Guard troops.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
Out of public view, the White House was considering an outright federal takeover of the emergency efforts, escalating a partisan feud with the Democratic governor as Bush aides questioned her ability to manage the crisis. Despite days of pleading, the White House argued that her plea for more troops had come in only at 7:21 that morning. Amid the reports of looting and general lawlessness, the White House instructed lawyers in the Justice Department and other agencies to investigate invoking the Insurrection Act, last used during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
But a fierce debate erupted, said an administration official who participated in the meetings and who spoke on the condition of anonymity, centering on whether Bush could order a federal takeover of the relief effort with or without Blanco's approval. White House Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card Jr., recalled from his Maine vacation, broached the question with Blanco, a senior White House official said. Later, the president called from the Oval Office to press the same idea. Both times, Blanco balked.
But her aides said she had no reason to believe the federal government would start rising to the occasion. They also said that the president never asked her directly about federalizing the state's troops. "We wouldn't have turned down federal troops," one Blanco aide said. "We were asking for them."
Blanco publicly pleaded for 40,000 National Guard troops. In a conference call with Guard officials in the region,
She never asked for active duty troops.
September 1, 2005,
Nagin held a high-profile interview on the relief situation with Garland Robinette, on radio station WWL in which he bluntly criticized the delays in aid to the city.
It was HIS JOB to help his own city, his job FIRST, FEMA was supposed to HELP HIM help his own city.
He didn't do it.
In the September 1 interview, he said driving school buses had been proposed, and that he wanted every Greyhound bus line moving to New Orleans. On a September 11 appearance on Meet the Press, Nagin said the buses sat unused because there was no one to drive them.
50,000 people who want out of a city, who YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF A CITY, I could find people to drive the damn busses. They might not be lisenced bus drivers, but they'd be better than nothing, which is exactly what was used. Nothing.
Friday, Sept. 2
At 7 a.m., Bush called his generals to the White House, along with Rumsfeld and Chertoff. They discussed final terms of Bush's plan -- by nightfall, he would demand that Blanco hand over control of National Guard troops. And they hashed out the idea of sending in the active-duty military, though troops from the 82nd Airborne and 1st Cavalry would not get their orders until the next day.
That little credit belongs to your governor, now back to Nagin.
Let's remember that FEMA – the Federal Emergency Management Agency – was only formed in 1979. It was formed to coordinate and focus federal response to major disasters – as an "assistance" to local and state government. FEMA's PUBLISHED RESPONSE TIME is 48 to 72 hrs. That's 3 days.
Common sense suggests that local and state government are best able to prepare and plan for local disasters.
The disaster in New Orleans was "foreseeable." In fact, it was forseen THE PREVIOUS YEAR in a Cat 3 EXERCISE, Hurricane Pam, which was the same mass fiasco that actually happened, except for the fact that, the levees, were designed AND CONSTRUCTED to withstand a CATEGORY 3 storm, like Pam. NOT a Cat 5 Katrina! Anyone who though they would, was an idiot. Pray for luck, plan for disaster.
This line is from the city plan:
As established by the City of New Orleans Charter, the government has jurisdiction and responsibility in disaster response. City government shall coordinate its efforts through the Office of Emergency Preparedness.
The authority to order the evacuation of residents threatened by an approaching hurricane is conferred to the Governor by Louisiana Statute. The Governor is granted the power to direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from a stricken or threatened area within the State, if he deems this action necessary for the preservation of life or other disaster mitigation, response or recovery. The same power to order an evacuation conferred upon the Governor is also delegated to each political subdivision of the State by Executive Order. This authority empowers the chief elected official of New Orleans, the Mayor of New Orleans, to order the evacuation of the parish residents threatened by an approaching hurricane.
The City of New Orleans will utilize all available resources to quickly and safely evacuate threatened areas. Those evacuated will be directed to temporary sheltering and feeding facilities as needed. When specific routes of progress are required, evacuees will be directed to those routes. Special arrangements will be made to evacuate persons unable to transport themselves or who require specific life saving assistance. Additional personnel will be recruited to assist in evacuation procedures as needed
http://www.cityofno.com/portal.aspx?portal=46&tabid=26]
Another section of it quoted here.
Section III-B-V lists the tasks assigned to the various city government offices in the event of a hurricane catastrophe. The Mayor has three tasks: to initiate the evacuation, to retain overall control of the emergency operation, and then to authorize a return to the evacuated areas. The city's Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP) reports to the mayor and must coordinate with the NOPD, the state OEP, and the regional transit authorities to:
* Supply transportation as needed in accordance with the current Standard Operating Procedures.
* Place special vehicles on alert to be utilized if needed.
* Position supervisors and dispatch evacuation buses.
* If warranted by scope of evacuation, implement additional service.
So the failure to order the buses out of their yards wasn't some failure of imagination on the part of Nagin and New Orleans. It isn't a case of the city not understanding the scale of what a Cat-4 storm could do to the city. According to New Orleans' own emergency plan, those buses should have rolled at least as soon as the mandatory evacuation order was given on Saturday, if not when the voluntary evac order came earlier. The city's OEP failed to carry out this crucial part of the emergency-response plan, which is why so many of the poor, infirm, and just plain stubborn citizens got stranded when the levees broke.
Explain THIS one HOSS, just him "caught in a moment"?
At a town hall meeting in October 2005, Nagin said: "I can see in your eyes, you want to know, 'How do I take advantage of this incredible opportunity? How do I make sure New Orleans is not overrun with Mexican workers?'"
Put it next to:
In an interview with Public Radio International's Tavis Smiley originally broadcast on January 13, 2006, Nagin said that he has never been a Republican and is a "life-long Democrat." Also in that interview, Nagin used the phrase "chocolate city" in reference to New Orleans' future demographics,
Ok, YOU do the math, you don't like how I add it up.
Kathleen Blanco is quoted describing Nagin as "a total void" and "falling apart".
Nagin also stated that New Orleans "will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be."
In the same speech, Nagin further stirred controversy by claiming that "God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country....Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses.
And the day after his "out of context" comment on the "hole in the ground in New York", Governor Kathleen Blanco "distanced herself from...Nagin's disparaging comment" by issuing a statement thanking the people of New York for assistance after Katrina:
"Please know that our great State recognizes New York´s special position as one of the World´s greatest cities and we admire its people. We love visiting New York and we know you love coming to New Orleans, so please plan to come again soon and we will welcome you with our unique brand of hospitality.
Nagin is a useless azz HOSS, A boil that needs lanced to get rid of it. Defend him if you wish, but you have little to defend.
Yea, I've looked up some of the lawsuits you spoke of, a lot of BS, the lawsuits that is, and the lawyers filing the things.
Suing insurance companies because they are not paying on flood damage because the homeowner policies DID NOT COVER FLOOD DAMAGE.
Suing THE U. S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, completely against federal law which says they are imune to prosecution.
and there are others.
The suit against the landfil in the swamp may have merit. There are claims that the same thing was done with debris in a hurricane cleanup years ago, and it wound up becoming a national cleanup superfund site from toxins that should not have been burried there. That merits being looked at IMO, but not necissarilly by a court.

HOSS
08-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Now meet the press. I`ve lived here my entire life other than U.S.Army. I haven`t heard of half of this that you typed from press releases. Superfund cleanup after a hurricane? Didn`t happen. Trust me. Alot if not in fact most of what you typed is taken out of context.
Oh, and just for your information, Katrina wasn`t even close to a 5 at landfall.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-30-2006, 06:21 PM
It's from the various timelines that have been assembled out there after Katrina. Some of it is news items I specifically recall hearing and looking for. I was in the middle of this crap when it was fresh, a year ago, and all over this board. I did not bring up the accusation of 700 members of NOPD being "phantoms", as it seems to have evaporated, no confirmations of the 11-month old story from ANYTHING recent. No proof denying it either.
Was also NAGIN who told The wonderous rev. Louie Farakahn about the 25' craters below the broken levees, which dear Louie KNOWS were caused by US govt demolitions charges. Oh, this was at a meeting back then, in Houston.
You may live there, but some of what is going on in your back yard may be getting by without your notice.
Blanko is trying to cover her azz by releasing some 1,000 pages of documents, notes, scribbles, from immediately arround the disaster.and afterward.
Nagin is still doing what he was doing last year, which is not a damn thing, unless you count "finger-pointing" as doing something. I don't.
I'm done with it.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-30-2006, 06:29 PM
This article is from 2003, here's your NOLA landfil superfund cleanup.
The suit was filed against the city of New Orleans, the Orleans Parish School Board and the Housing Authority of New Orleans. The three agencies said they would appeal. Residents want to be included in a 10-year health program to identify potential medical problems and to be compensated for lost property value, the cost of relocation and emotional damages. The residents include people who lived in two residential developments built atop the Agriculture Street Landfill, the city's main landfill from 1909 to 1958 and now a Superfund site.
My mistake over it being an old hurricane dump.
And Nagin has ordered the landfil being used to dump Katrina mess into CLOSED. He's not fighting people fighting this landfill, he's trying to close it himself, after opening it in April.
NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 15 (UPI) -- A waste management company is taking legal recourse to challenge New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin's order to shut down its landfill in the city.
Nagin's office had handed the Houston-based Waste Management a legal order to shut down the site it operates in the eastern part of the city by Tuesday morning, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. City Attorney Penya Moses-Fields was quoted as saying the company had not applied for a conditional use permit to continue to operate the Chef Menteur landfill. The landfill opened in April after Nagin granted permission under emergency powers, the report said.
But Waste Management asked the federal court in New Orleans to stop Nagin from stopping its operations until the debris left by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita have been cleared.
Residents in the landfill area, who are struggling to return to normal life, are asking that the landfill be closed permanently.
A Waste Management spokesman said his company has followed all legislative, regulatory and judicial requirements and that it will fight the closure order.

HOSS
08-31-2006, 04:13 AM
That landfill is so old. There is a school on top of it that was shutdown years ago due to lead leaking into water system. Nothings been done about it in probably 10 years now. What this has to do with Nagin is beyond me but if it is theraputic for you then go ahead.
The landfill Nagin is closing is not the landfill I`m referring to near the Veitnamese villages. He`s trying to keep it open.
I think what is happening here is Nagin is getting the bad rap for the council. Kinda works a lil strange down here. Just like the issue over clearing out al the abandoned vehicles. The council did the award/bidding of contracts. They f`d up. Nagin gets the blame for it. He literally had nothing to do with it and no control over it yet gets blamed for it.
The NOPD running,,,,you blaming that on Nagin as well?
Your blaming the wrong guy. When I see the wrong man getting blamed (and everyone else is on that bandwagon) it usually causes my rebelious side to come out. I`ve never been the one that has to follow the crowd. I`m gonna give credit when credit is due and I`m also gonna tell it like it is.
So everything thus far I`ve read from you reads like Swiss cheese. Most stuff your lieing about is the City Council`s fault. Its mostly black, I think 3 maybe now 2 whites. Every single vote is a white/black thing. This is why nothing gets done. Again, I don`t live in Orleans Parish rather Jefferson Parish. I just want levees. I`m not looking for the world to spin a second faster or slower.

Old Texan
08-31-2006, 04:41 AM
Hoss, what is your opinion on the story about money / corporate folks buying up a lot of the land which had low income public housing. I hear tales of this type of venture where there will be high end condos and shopping. I'm not sure of details as to location. We get a lot of rumors of this sort but the media ain't the smartest plus facts elude them.
Rumor most heard is NO will become a "rich man's" playground and coprorate industrial center especially since the low end of the food chain is spread far and wide never to return.

HOSS
08-31-2006, 05:24 AM
Heard of it. Don`t see it. National companies (Fortune 500 and the like) are moving out. With the way insurance is going, don`t see how anyone but wealthy will be able to afford living here. But this will take time, at least 10 years. New Orleans isn`t going to go anywhere. There is way too much invested for anyone including the guvment to pull out. I`m trying like hell to move my shop out of here. I`m going to stay living here though. Would like to move but probably never will. Just some times it gets a lil mental down here not seeing anything happen. And yes the local guvment is still up to its same ol shit. Not Nagin though. Trust me. The man`s not in it for money.
I know Dillard`s is apparently making a push back down here. Highrise condos are deffinately not slowing down in Lakeview near the lake. They haven`t skipped a beat before or after Katrina.
Industrialize New Orleans? I can deffinately see that happening. Housing throughout the lower income areas isn`t going to return. Nothing is happenning in this past year. And if it ain`t happenned yet, probably won`t. I know housing in my area (Kenner - Chateau Estates) is deffinately turning upwards again.

Run_em_Hard
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
The government gave N.O. money to fix the Leveeys many years ago...whether the government writes the check to N.O. or the person fixing it who the fock cares, they should have been fixed.
As for getting shit fixed now...do it. Please get all these people out of my home state that we are housing, feeding, clothing, while they sit around and do nothing. Please be my guest, why don't you come and get them all and they can stay with you. Everyone in this country has done something to help get this shit fixed. I have donated money just like many on this forum have.
Nagin...he straight needs to shut the fock up. He is the biggest focking idiot in power right now. Chocolate city my ass. If a white man was to say that some black homie would come and shoot him.

HOSS
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
OH, I agree that if a white man said that he would be forced to resign. NO QUESTION!
Years ago, Nagin was not in office, or should I say with the levee money. To set the record straight the guvment gave 750k to the Orleans Levee board. NO OTHER ENTITY! That was for a study of the levees. The money ended up going to the Causeway Commision which was supposedly (no one sees proof - trust me) used for bridge maintenance.
Again boyz,,,lets get the facts before we slam anyone. You can`t lay it on Nagin. The man is the ONLY politician that I know of in my 39 years of age down here that isn`t crooked. He tells it like it is! Thats it man. Get off him. The corruption is everywhere else. And I do meen everywhere in this state. But its prior politicians and a few current ones.
The media plays this guy as a fool. HE`S NOT! He is hard headed as most of us are. Meening he won`t give up. How many business owners are here? He`s just like us! He won`t sidestep or laydown for anyone. Please guys and gals,,put the blame where it belongs. Thats how I got into this thread.

JAY4SPEED
09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
What Nagin was and is foremost a business man, he never was or will be a politician. Which is a good thing for New Orleans. He doesn't keep party lines, he backed Bobby Jindal for governor who was a republicanmuch to the dismay of Blanco who still had it pretty bitter for him at the start of this whole thing. He doesn't do what people expect him to do and say what people expect him to say. He is one of the best things that happened to the city. He has cleaned up a lot of the mess and corruption that he inhereted from past administrations. You want to see a crook, take some time and research Marc Morial, the mayor he unseated.

Steve 1
09-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Businessman? He worked for a cable television company never owned a company.
As for money where did the dollars collected in the Katrina drives go? Like the 500 mill from Kuwait alone!
If one lives in a mud pit and a cardboard house expect the worst.
The asking of Calypso Louie AKA Louis Farrakhan for advice was a nice touch also along with whitey blowing up the levees.
BTW a For-Real Businessman would have got the people out!!

HOSS
09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Smoke San Lucas baby!

HOSS
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Businessman? He worked for a cable television company never owned a company.
As for money where did the dollars collected in the Katrina drives go? Like the 500 mill from Kuwait alone!
If one lives in a mud pit and a cardboard house expect the worst.
The asking of Calypso Louie AKA Louis Farrakhan for advice was a nice touch also along with whitey blowing up the levees.
BTW a For-Real Businessman would have got the people out!!
bRO THE ONLY THING i CAN SAY TO THAT,,,,Your an Idiot. I`m done with you posts bro,,,,I`ve watched them over the years but you are stuuuuuuupid. Good luck in life.

Steve 1
09-02-2006, 03:30 AM
bRO THE ONLY THING i CAN SAY TO THAT,,,,Your an Idiot. I`m done with you posts bro,,,,I`ve watched them over the years but you are stuuuuuuupid. Good luck in life.
GOOD!!!!!!! But I am not the one with the problem bro…

HOSS
09-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Nagin didn`t work for a cable company,,,,,,HE OWNED THE MUTHA PHUCA! It`s called Cox Communications.
Again pal,,,your an idiot.
I`m sorry fellas but this guy Steve1 is just a phucin clown. I`ve seen others in this forum talk about how ignorant he is and now I really do see it. GET THE PHUC OUTTA DIS THREAD DUDE! Go smoke some pole in bench racers.

Steve 1
09-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Nagin didn`t work for a cable company,,,,,,HE OWNED THE MUTHA PHUCA! It`s called Cox Communications.
Again pal,,,your an idiot.
I`m sorry fellas but this guy Steve1 is just a phucin clown. I`ve seen others in this forum talk about how ignorant he is and now I really do see it. GET THE PHUC OUTTA DIS THREAD DUDE! Go smoke some pole in bench racers.
You have a reading Problem bro along with a huge case of the dumb ass now he owned Cox??????? LOL along with everybody in Florida living in FEMA Trailers. You are missing your calling as an internet comedian. Anyway good luck with the Cable TV.

Steve 1
09-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Here I could fill pages with this stuff.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/28/231324.shtml

Steve 1
09-02-2006, 02:28 PM
More Nation of Islam Crapo.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/27/215745.shtml

UBFJ #454
09-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Ray Nagin:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .....
"Nagin (pronounced NAY-ghin) was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He spent his early years in the Seventh Ward, until his family moved to the New Aurora section of Algiers in the early 1970s. He graduated from O. Perry Walker High School and received a BS in Accounting from Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, Alabama in 1978 and an MBA from Tulane University in 1994. He and his wife, Seletha Smith Nagin, have three children; Jeremy, Jarin, and Tianna.
Before his election in 2002, Nagin had never held public office; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Several news sources including BBC News have stated that Nagin was a registered Republican for most of his adult life, switching to the Democrat shortly before seeking office. In a January 13, 2006 interview on the Tavis Smiley show, Nagin himself confronted these rumors, stating that he "never was a Republican" and that he has been a "life-long Democrat". However, much to the contrary has come to light. Nagin was a registered Republican up until the day he ran for office. He did give contributions periodically to candidates of both parties, including Republican President George W. Bush and Representative Billy Tauzin in 1999 and 2000, as well as Democratic Senators John Breaux and J. Bennett Johnston, Jr. earlier in the decade."

HOSS
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
There ya go. Thanks. He was actually one of the partners in the Cox Cable. monopoly down here. In the late 80`s Cox of Jefferson would profit 4 million bucks a month.

UBFJ #454
09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
"Before his election in 2002, Nagin had never held public office; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises."
Note that the subsidiary he worked for as vp & general manager just before he went into politics was there in New Orleans only ... This is after his majority partners and he had sold out their local cable franchise to Cox ... he had no responsibilities nor ownership (except by maybe owning Stock in Cox Enterprises as a result of the sale of the local New Orleans franchise) in anything elsewhere in the country (only there in New Orleans) as each local Cox Communication Operation is set up as a totally seperate subsidiary owned by, and answerable to Cox Enterprises.
In other words, he is strickly a local New Orleans'er and I guess he's proud of that.

Steve 1
09-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Hate to bust ole Moss's Bubble but Barbara Cox owned the company back then.. That is unless ole Nagin could pony up the 23 or so billion for it.

HOSS
09-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Your not bursting my bubble. I don`t know exactly the percent that he owned of it. Never read his contract not did I ask to. Did some underground sub contract work for them back in the day.
Face it,,,your dried up bro.

Steve 1
09-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Bro Manager does not equal owner in the real world..

Blown 472
09-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Bro Manager does not equal owner in the real world..
stevo the retard making mo friends I see.

HOSS
09-03-2006, 03:41 PM
That was his title you blow hole steve1. I own my shop. My title is not owner,,,its manager. And I guaran the phuc tee you that I live in the real world.

Steve 1
09-03-2006, 03:59 PM
stevo the retard making mo friends I see.
The confused Idiot is here I see.

Steve 1
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
That was his title you blow hole steve1. I own my shop. My title is not owner,,,its manager. And I guaran the phuc tee you that I live in the real world.
That’s not what his Bio's say Brain surgeon...But I must make allowances for the mentally challenged!

Steve 1
09-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I could fill pages with this stuff..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060828/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_weather_hurricanes_prank

Blown 472
09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Hoss, you dont understand this ****ing douch bag ****s his sister and enjoys it, you cant talk reason to him cuz he be dreaming of his sisters twat.

HOSS
09-04-2006, 01:40 AM
I see, then his posts make more sense. Poor guy. Kinda makes me feel sorry for him, but if I ever met him I`d still chit in my hand and smack him in the face with it. Retarded or not.

Steve 1
09-04-2006, 03:07 AM
I see, then his posts make more sense. Poor guy. Kinda makes me feel sorry for him, but if I ever met him I`d still chit in my hand and smack him in the face with it. Retarded or not.
So you two perverts screw your sisters! The bent one seems to have his head constantly stuck in that BTW Bent 472 my sister died in an accident may the same befall you. But small tiny people and small thoughts go together now there are two.

HOSS
09-04-2006, 07:46 AM
uh,,,,,,yeah

Blown 472
09-04-2006, 09:38 AM
So you two perverts screw your sisters! The bent one seems to have his head constantly stuck in that BTW Bent 472 my sister died in an accident may the same befall you. But small tiny people and small thoughts go together now there are two.
Duh, what?

Steve 1
09-04-2006, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Blown 472]Duh, what?
Bent are you still screwing your sister??

Steve 1
09-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Bent have you stopped molesting little children?

SmokinLowriderSS
09-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Nope, HOSS, he didn't.
You want his whole bio, or just this part?
In 1985, Nagin returned to New Orleans as controller of Cox New Orleans, the city’s only cable television franchise. A controller is one of the most senior accountants in an organization. Nagin held this position until 1989 when he was promoted to vice president and general manager of Cox New Orleans.
VICE-pres and GM of THE LOCAL FRANCHISE, is nowhere near to owning Cox Communications.
Cox New Orleans is part of Cox Communications whose parent organization is Cox Enterprises, one of the largest diversified medial companies in the US.
Time to apologize to Steve now. :cry:
Back to Ray, the idiot.
On Friday, August 26, 2005, (several days BEFORE it hit) the National Hurricane Center predicted that Katrina could become a Category 4 storm, exceeding the design limits of the New Orleans levee system. Was that not sufficient "warning", I guess not. Instead of ordering an evacuation, Nagin hesitated, concerned (of all the things to be concerned about!!)that the order would leave the city liable for losses suffered by hotels and other businesses. Talk about assanine!!! Rather, he simply told the population to "keep a close eye on the storm" and "be prepared to evacuate".
Then (again), he DID NOT USE HIS OWN EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN, which is why 50,000 people were ABANDONED IN THE CITY, ABANDONED BY THE MAYOR!
Ya'all re-elected him, enjoy.

HOSS
09-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Nothing to apologize. I know for a fact that he was part owner. Don`t know exactly what percent his package deal was. Have a nice day boys. :boxed:

Forkin' Crazy
09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Ya'all re-elected him, enjoy.
Yea, bullshxt, you don't know the other side of the coin. I think that an idiot would be better suited as mayor then a crook, don't you?
I think Hoss already said something like this... Electing Landreau would be like sending the NO back 20 or 30 years.

godfather
09-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Yea, bullshxt, you don't know the other side of the coin. I think that an idiot would be better suited as mayor then a crook, don't you?
I think Hoss already said something like this... Electing Landreau would be like sending the NO back 20 or 30 years.
I could not have said it better myself forking crazy. steveno by the way why would the rich white people blow up the levee in the rich white neighborhood like lakeview. you phucking moron. :crossx: :crossx:

JAY4SPEED
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I love how people so far removed from the situation can "think" they know all the information better than the people who are down here sleeping, eating, breathing and living the aftermath of Katrina. I'm so damn sick of the work "Katrina" that I could puke ever time I hear it. Y'all don't have all the information, but you go ahead and base your speculations on MISinformation provided by the media and the internet....LOL. If you think that your getting the whole story from internet clips and the TV, your dumber than I thought, because we all know everything you read on the internet is accurate :rolleyes: . Nah, the media doesn't have an adjenda.... :rolleyes: You want to know the truth about New Orleans, come on down and spew your MISinformation in the middle of Jackson square or in the middle of Chalmette, I bet you won't make it home.
I didn't notice this little gem until I reread the whole thread:
Come on Katrina II.
I can see that your a real compassionate person. Just remember karma is a bitch, you'll get yours eventually........jackass
To those that have actually helped and lent a hand to people in need, you have a very heart felt thank you from a New Orleanian.
Jay

Steve 1
09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I could not have said it better myself forking crazy. steveno by the way why would the rich white people blow up the levee in the rich white neighborhood like lakeview. you phucking moron. :crossx: :crossx:
HUH !Do you read what you post? I see the fuccinn moron here ok!

SmokinLowriderSS
09-05-2006, 05:17 PM
I love how people so far removed from the situation can "think" they know all the information better than the people who are down here sleeping, eating, breathing and living the aftermath of Katrina. I'm so damn sick of the work "Katrina" that I could puke ever time I hear it. Y'all don't have all the information, but you go ahead and base your speculations on MISinformation provided by the media and the internet....LOL. If you think that your getting the whole story from internet clips and the TV, your dumber than I thought, because we all know everything you read on the internet is accurate :rolleyes: . Nah, the media doesn't have an adjenda.... :rolleyes: You want to know the truth about New Orleans, come on down and spew your MISinformation in the middle of Jackson square or in the middle of Chalmette, I bet you won't make it home.
I can see that your a real compassionate person. Just remember karma is a bitch, you'll get yours eventually........jackass
To those that have actually helped and lent a hand to people in need, you have a very heart felt thank you from a New Orleanian.
Jay
If ya re-read the thread again, you'll find my apology to HOSS, or do you want one too, just because?

JAY4SPEED
09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
If ya re-read the thread again, you'll find my apology to HOSS, or do you want one too, just because?
Not necessary to apologise to me, your the one that came off as an ass. You owe yourself an apology, Mr. Sarcastic.
Jay

HOSS
09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Glad to know i'm still welcome in 'Nawlins if I ever deicde to visit it. Not likely tho.
No sense of Humor HOSS, Fine, I apologise for getting a bit overboard.
Beyond that, WTFever.
Understood bro,,,you`ve always been a stand up guy here. I jumped in midstride and didn`t see the crack. Your ok bro. :cool:

UBFJ #454
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Just FYI:
Cox Enterprises
Cox/Atlanta
Industry: Newspapers, TV
Founded: 1898
Revenues: $9.9 billion
Employees: 77,000
www.coxenterprises.com
Reporter James M. Cox bought Dayton (Ohio) Daily News 1898, Atlanta Constitution 1950; died 1957. Company now owns 17 daily newspapers, cable systems and radio and TV stations. Founder’s daughters Anne Chambers, 83 (U.S. ambassador to Belgium under President Carter), and Barbara Anthony, 80, control 98%stock of . Barbara’s husband, Garner Anthony, stepped down as CEO 1987, succeeded by James Cox Kennedy, now 56, Barbara’s son by previous marriage.

OGShocker
09-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Funny how this thread turned all "warm and fuzzy"..

crf311
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Jay
Jay I agree with you 100%.
The rest of the country only think they know. And that coming from someone from Meraux LA. I only wish I wouldn't have first hand info.

HOSS
09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Only way to look at this from a "down here point of view" is that alot of the undesirables have gone else where.
mmmmm,,,,,,,,mmmmmm,,,,,,,GOG BLESS TEXAS

SmokinLowriderSS
09-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Jay
Indeed, how dare I, from a distance of over 800 miles away, sit here, look at what Mayor Nagin did in the first week after the storm hit, look at what he DID NOT do, in the week before AND AFTER the storm hit, and look at WHAT HIS JOB REQUIRED HIM TO DO (which by the way, was not done), and dare to make ANY conclusions about it. Yes, how utterly inconcevable of me, how gauche, the gaul of it all. (and yes, arround home here , I DO happen to be known as "Mr Sarcastic", glad to see my rep is spreading :) ).
Do please, explain to me, and all of us so foolish as to draw any conclusions from the activity and inactivity of one Mayor Ray Nagin, explain his actions.
Explain his abandoning 90,000 people in his city.
Explain his NOT IMPLEMENTING the city's own emergency action plan.
Explain his trying to hang rescue responsibility on a federal agency when the legal "first responders" are his own city emergency services personnell.
Explain the post-Katrina day 2 thru 5 finger pointing he was engaged in with his "boss" Gov Blanco.
Explain how he gets away with the "Chocolate City" bit "to not be overrun by mexicans" when any white (ok, "caucasian") mayor, to say "Vanilla City" would be absolute political suicide. And do not use Nagin's explanation, I have heard it, and it is lame, dreadfully lame.
Explain away my "missunderstandings", please. I shall watch, read closely, and, perhaps, learn.

HOSS
09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
First off BRO!, you can`t blame Nagin for the spinoff of the media with vanilla , chocolate or whatever. So shut up with that shit. Initiate the emergency plan? He said on news conference after news conference to get out of the city! There is no posasible emergency plan with the levees popping! PERIOD bro. I stayed. Were the phuc were you? 800 miles away? Get the phuc away with your hindsight Monday mornin quarterbacking. Just get the phuc. There was NO, ZERO communication. I didn`t here from my wife and baby for damn near 2 and a half weeks. Cell phones didn`t work. NO TOWERS. So just what the hell did you want him (or anyone) to do? Please tell me. I`d love to know since there wasn`t jack chit I could to for myself but sit and wait. Please tell me Mr. 800 mile man. You may want to contact FEMA and give them your plan. It may help you and your family if a major disaster comes to pay your area a visit. There is nothing down here capable of withstanding a CAT 5 storm. NOTHING! So Mayor Nagin did what any decent person would do and looked out for the citizens and told them the truth,"Get THE PHUC OUT OF HERE"! But I guess you`ve been watching Superman and feel that he is much more than human. Probably like yourself.
Tell me,,,,,what would you have done with all the resources at your disposal? Hell, Amtrack had a train ready. No one had a way to get people to the train but it was ready. Let everyone go on their own to have chaos again with looting. Cause trust me,,,they weren`t gonna catch a train,,I was here with gun in hand and 1G halogens lighting up my hood. Maybe you would have used all the school buses in New Orleans East that were underwater from the levee breech? Come on now,,,get your media web crap and tell me what you would have done/do. But make it good son,,talking to an idiot is making me feel,,,well,,,less than my above average self. And I already have gas.
All eyes on you now SS. Lets see what ya got.

JAY4SPEED
09-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Explain away my "missunderstandings", please. I shall watch, read closely, and, perhaps, learn.
I doubt seriously that your actually interested in the truth, only debate. Want to know the truth? If your REALLY interested in the truth and not a Internet debate that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to you or me. Come on down 800 miles and volunteer to help gut someones house like many good hearted people from all over the country have. Then and only then, you may have a VALID opinion. Talk to any local. See it, smell it, experience it for yourself and then draw your conclusions. Talk to the blue collar people who did evacuate (like me) and lost most of everything they have worked for. I heeded the warnings, I got out. I don't depend on the government to get me out of town when a natural disaster is heading my way with over 5 days notice. I piled up anything I could fit in my F-150 and got the hell out of Dodge. Nah, I don't blame Nagin for the people who were told to get out the same as I was and didn't go. At what point are people responsible for themselves, at what point are they responsible for their own families? There were people that actually drove to the Superdome at the last minute and parked their cars in the parking garage (which was full of evacuee's vehicles - find that one in the media), then got stranded once the water level came up. And by the way, Nagin announced that the Superdome was not going to be used as a shelter that people need to evacuate instead of relying on local shelters, guess what they showed up anyways. After people were standing around outside, they opened the doors. Why didn't they take their own responsibility and get the hell out the same as I did in their own cars. What was Nagin supposed to do, go house to house at gunpoint making sure every citizen was responsible enough to evacuate? Sure there were people who didn't have transportation and couldn't fend for themselves, the invalids, the sick. Those people I really feel for and are the REAL VICTIMS that should have been evacuated by the city or government and Nagin need to shoulder the blame for. But, there are people who depend on the government for everything. Some just have babies and wait for the welfare check and go buy 24 inch rims for their 84 cutlass, I know because I see it everyday LITERALLY. When it came time to get the hell out, they didn't. Most of those people that you saw at the superdome and read about plastered all over the media had the time (5 days) and the means to get out (or enough time to make the means to get out), but they didn't. Those are the ugly secret to New Orleans, the poor, lazy lower 40% of the population who only give a crap about themselves and what they get for free. Those that have been catered to and spoon fed welfare checks through administrations well before Nagin. When you get a check for doing nothing every week, don't really give a crap about your kids running the streets selling drugs, getting food stamps to live on, then hell, a golden bus is going to show up at the front door to get me the hell out of town when a hurricane is bearing down on the city. That's the mentality of those people down here. That's most of what the nation saw. The black eye of New Orleans. (no pun intended)
But, what about the blue collar people (like you, SS) who worked hard all of their lives, paid taxes, earned every single thing they have, and lost everything due to a NATURAL DISASTER. You going to blame Nagin for that too? They got out as was told, and came back to everything that they had, destroyed. This is the upper 60% of the population you didn't see screaming for help at the convention center. Those were the people who drove for 7 hours in stop and go traffic (more stop than go) to get to Baton Rouge only 60 miles away. Do you see them in the media? Why not? How come their stories aren't as important as "Tyrisha" yelling at the CNN camera man at the convention center?
The problem is that you put Nagin responsible for things that people should have been responsible for themselves. You fault Nagin for most of what transpired here. What you don't know is that Nagin is only .01% of the truth. Personally, I didn't vote for the man (didn't vote for Landrieu either, I voted for Couhig if you even know who that is), and acknowledge that he's said some pretty bone head chit. But, he's in office and there is nothing that you or I can do about it now. Nagin is such a small part of the puzzle. After dealing with FEMA, SBA the LRA and getting f*cked by both flood and homeowners insurance, the Federal Corps of Engineers acknowledging the faulty design of the levees, Nagin is such a small part of the average New Orleanians life. That's what make it so comical that y'all are so fixated on him and making him the bad guy. There is a much bigger picture that you don't see or even know about. If you really wanted to know the truth, if you really cared enough about the situation and the people involved, I invite you down to help me hang and float sheetrock in my house, to get my house back to where it was before the storm. If you make that much effort to really care about and learn the truth (doubt it very seriously),then I'll be glad take the time to explain and show you anything that you would want to know about what really happened here.
The point is, you really don't care about any of this, you just get your rocks off trying to prove people wrong and swinging your E-peen around. Answer me this, how exactly does that make you feel better about yourself? Your opinion and bullsh*t judgements of us from 800 miles away sure doesn't make much of a difference in the real world now does it? But hey, you feel much better about yourself....
Yours truly,
Jay

JAY4SPEED
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I just noticed this:
Heh, if you only applied the information you have in your own sig....
Every day, at a minimum, 1 thing will come by that you didn't know the day before, and, if your eyes are open, you have an opportunity to learn something. Most days throw several your way.
Liberalism, An Incurable Mental Disorder.
The position that Nagin and (the government) were responsible for those people making the wrong decision to stay and should have as a government controlled city taken better care of them. There is nothing like the government controlling your life. You can't get more Liberal than that.
Rules 1 and 2 below apply to you.
Have a banner day! :D
Jay

JAY4SPEED
09-06-2006, 08:38 PM
A New Orleans Evacuee
A Louisiana hurricane evacuee walks into the local Texas welfare
office for his monthly check. He marches straight up to the counter
and says, "Hi. You know, I just HATE coming in here drawing welfare
month after month, since I left New Orleans . I'd really much rather
have a job".
The Texas social worker behind the counter says, "Your timing is
excellent. We just got a job opening from a very wealthy old man who
wants a chauffeur-bodyguard for his nymphomaniac daughter. You'll
have to drive around in his Mercedes, but he'll supply all of your
clothes. Because of the long hours, meals will be provided. You'll be
expected to escort her on her overseas holiday trips. You'll have a
two-bedroom apartment above the garage. The starting salary is
$200,000 a year."
The Louisiana evacuee guy says, "You're bull-shitting me!"
The Texas social worker replies, "Yeah, well, you started it."

Old Texan
09-07-2006, 04:49 AM
What a whole lot of Americans don't realize or better, choose not to realize is the fact most major urban areas in this nation have a like population to NO of "entitlement junkies" that depend on the government and other aid agencies to support them.
If any disaster befalls their area they will sit and scream like the immature helpless a-holes they are until someone comes to fix their problems. Our wonderful media in turn will focus on them and turn it into a "mission of mercy" scolding the cruel society that allows this "disgraceful level of poverty" to exist in the land of plenty.
This is the scenario Senators Kennedy and Kerry feed on, Revs Jesse and Al perpetuate, and most liberal elite ie- Hollywood types, use as a means of "rolling up their sleeves" to get attention for their great "humanitarian causes".
And all will blame Bush or Clinton or whomever holds the "hotseat" at the time.

jimslade
09-07-2006, 05:17 AM
I may get in trouble for this but could someone answer, why are they rebuilding on a flood plain? In 1954 a hurricane(hazel) came through Toronto ontario canada and 84 people died that lived near a flood plain (humber valley).The government stepped in and designated large portions of land that are suseptable to flooding. Now you can't build a birdhouse on these lands ever. Most of this land would be very valuable if you could build on it.Its near or on lake ontario. I think they (gov) should buy out the flood plain land and restrict building in these area's. If you want to live in harms way, please don't call me for help. I'm too busy building my life out of harms way.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Noticed your not from anywhere there jimslade. I`m all in for the guvment to buy me out at market value. Awsome idea! I love it. After that I`ll move to California and build on a fault line. Will the guvment buy them out too?
The entire city is not under sea level.

jimslade
09-07-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm not talking about land above sea level. My sister lives in Lakeland florida so I have a small amount of sympathy. But all places have risks.I live just north of toronto. We have bad snowstorms, but I never complain. I have 4 snowmobiles. I think people should prepare for the worst,or at least get out when trouble comes. My STUFF is not worth my life.Why would you move back into harms way? must be danger complex.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 06:09 AM
I`ve never flooded. Ever. Grew up in Metairie and now live in Kenner. No water here. I stayed for Katrina. Must be a danger complex. I`m 39 years old. Should I still be prepared for the "Big One"? Or should I pack up and leave now. Never feel like I`m in harms way. Army Corps is a federal agency. I pay taxes. My tax money goes to the Corps. So the money shouldn`t be spent to update if you will the leeves down here that already exist? Do you think a levee is built and it will just last at its new stage forever? I`m all ears bro!

jimslade
09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
If you could, could you answer my question. Why when they know the flood plain areas are they rebuilding on those areas.This is not the first time something like this has happened to N.O. I like to learn from my mistakes. I don't get it. The only thing that is for sure in gov. is they all like to blame some other levels of gov.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Why rebuild? Good honest question. Because thats all we got. The guvment built the levees and dug the canals and pumping stations as said, "hey, big port, big oil, big gas, we need people here. We need a metropolis". Now, they wanna bail and people like yourself wanna say screw you dumb sum bitches building below sea level. We made a mistake now you have to pay. Leave your house, still pay the mortgage and get on with life. I say great,,only one problem. I can`t afford it. Not unless I want my credit screwed and I can tell you this much. I`ve never nor my elders (family) even burned anyone. We ALWAYS PAY OUR BILLS! I`m not gonna file a chapter and take the dive,PERIOD! I know people that did and made bank after the storm before the October deadline. I`m sure there are people on this site that did. Well thats them and I personally believe the are phucin scum.
I`m still all ears bro.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 10:16 AM
If you could, could you answer my question. Why when they know the flood plain areas are they rebuilding on those areas.This is not the first time something like this has happened to N.O. I like to learn from my mistakes. I don't get it. The only thing that is for sure in gov. is they all like to blame some other levels of gov.
No its not the first time. Its the only time it happenned. Lower ninth was flooded in Betsy. There wasn`t even a levee system there then. Why were they allowed to rebuild? Couldn`t tell ya but it shoulda been stopped then.
And just what does this have to do with rebuilding and in fact making the levees stronger down here?
I`m still,,,all ears bro.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 10:18 AM
And just to get everyone up to speed here on guvment housing in N.O., they ain`t rebuilding the big projects. They are in fact tearing them down never to be built again.
mmmmmmm,,,,mmmmmm,,,,,GOD BLESS TEXAS

JAY4SPEED
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
What a whole lot of Americans don't realize or better, choose not to realize is the fact most major urban areas in this nation have a like population to NO of "entitlement junkies" that depend on the government and other aid agencies to support them.
If any disaster befalls their area they will sit and scream like the immature helpless a-holes they are until someone comes to fix their problems. Our wonderful media in turn will focus on them and turn it into a "mission of mercy" scolding the cruel society that allows this "disgraceful level of poverty" to exist in the land of plenty.
This is the scenario Senators Kennedy and Kerry feed on, Revs Jesse and Al perpetuate, and most liberal elite ie- Hollywood types, use as a means of "rolling up their sleeves" to get attention for their great "humanitarian causes".
And all will blame Bush or Clinton or whomever holds the "hotseat" at the time.
Amen Brother!! You hit the nail on the head!
Jay

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Watch closely HOSS.
Explain his abandoning 90,000 people in his city.
As usual, this one is left alone again, considering the cities own plan to use city and school system busses to evacuate those who were unable to evacuate themselves.
Anyone fool enough to wait too long in front of a Cat-5 to be able to get away, IS responsible for their own actions. If you chose to stay, in violation of general common sense, for whatever reasons, I DO NOT BLAME ANYONE FOR SUCH BEHAVIOR BUT THEMSELVES. (please note this one down for future reference) I do not consider such people "abandoned" by the city who posessed a plan to evacuate those needing evacuation. Thus, I DO NOT BLAME NAGIN for people crazy enough to stay if they had the ability to leave BUT CHOSE NOT TO.
The vehicle-less elderly, nursing home patients, medical patients, the public without vehicles, THOSE WERE ABANDONED in my opinion.
By HOSS: So Mayor Nagin did what any decent person would do and looked out for the citizens and told them the truth,"Get THE PHUC OUT OF HERE"!
Yes, he did, and did what, with the cities own emergency evacuation plan, for the rest?
From JAY: Sure there were people who didn't have transportation and couldn't fend for themselves, the invalids, the sick. Those people I really feel for and are the REAL VICTIMS that should have been evacuated by the city or government and Nagin need to shoulder the blame for.
THOSE are the ones I hang blame on Nagin for, and have for a solid year now.
Again, from the city's own disaster management plan:
The City of New Orleans will utilize all available resources to quickly and safely evacuate threatened areas. Those evacuated will be directed to temporary sheltering and feeding facilities as needed. When specific routes of progress are required, evacuees will be directed to those routes. Special arrangements will be made to evacuate persons unable to transport themselves or who require specific life saving assistance. Additional personnel will be recruited to assist in evacuation procedures as needed
Explain his NOT IMPLEMENTING the city's own emergency action plan.
Again, this one gets ignored since it is innexcusable, and deserves blame, and justice, neither of which will be had apparently. See the above please.
Also, more of the city plan:
Section III-B-V lists the tasks assigned to the various city government offices in the event of a hurricane catastrophe. The Mayor has three tasks: to initiate the evacuation, to retain overall control of the emergency operation, and then to authorize a return to the evacuated areas. The city's Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP) reports to the mayor and must coordinate with the NOPD, the state OEP, and the regional transit authorities to:
* Supply transportation as needed in accordance with the current Standard Operating Procedures.
What has greater scope that a Cat-5 (or 4, fine) hurricane behind a seawall designed to hold off a Cat 3 ??!?!?!?!?
The city's OEP failed to carry out this crucial part of the emergency-response plan, which is why so many of the poor, infirm, and just plain stubborn citizens got stranded when the levees broke.
And they work for whom?
Explain his trying to hang rescue responsibility on a federal agency when the legal "first responders" are his own city emergency services personnell.
Again, more ranting over the staying of those who COULD leave, and claiming I am blaming Nagin for "everything". No, This issue also deserves settlerment, not to be ignored, but alas, no.
FEMA's published response time is, was before, and is still going to be tomorow, 72 to 96 hours TO ASSIST, not TO DO INSTEAD OF THE LOCALS. That's 3 to 4 days, when on Day 2, the Gov & Mayor Nagin were all over the press posting blame on the feds instead of running their own show, which was their job.
Explain the post-Katrina day 2 thru 5 finger pointing he was engaged in with his "boss" Gov Blanco.
Again, THIS I WATCHED, and debated, 12 months ago, and it is still ignored here in preference to:
The problem is that you put Nagin responsible for things that people should have been responsible for themselves.
Wrong.
You fault Nagin for most of what transpired here.
Wrong, again.
I fault him for trhe mistakes listed above, which were made by him, and his ofice.
If you really wanted to know the truth, if you really cared enough about the situation and the people involved, I invite you down to help me hang and float sheetrock in my house, to get my house back to where it was before the storm. If you make that much effort to really care about and learn the truth (doubt it very seriously),then I'll be glad take the time to explain and show you anything that you would want to know about what really happened here.
If I had 6 mos income/bills sitting in the bank, I'd consider your offer, and even bring my own sheetrock tools. I've spread and sanded a lot of mud in years past. Unfortunately, I don't, so I cannot afford to accept your gracious offer (as much as that SOUNDS like "Mr Sarcasm", it isn't). Thus, you are left with knowing you are right and that I really don't give a damnn (There's Mr Sarcasm). Oh well.
And I generally DO pick up 1 or 2 things a day, some trivial, some much bigger, thank you JAY.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2006, 03:34 PM
My tax money goes to the Corps. So the money shouldn`t be spent to update if you will the leeves down here that already exist? Do you think a levee is built and it will just last at its new stage forever? I`m all ears bro!
You are quite right HOSS, it should be. You better clear it by the lawyers at the Sierra Club first tho. It might endanger a snail, slug, or frog, or apparently the "reproductive activity" of a black bear.
Note here again, I'm NOT BLAMING NAGIN for this one, but the local environmental groups who have put themselves in the position.
The national Sierra Club was one of several environmental groups who sued the Army Corps of Engineers to stop a 1996 plan to raise and fortify Mississippi River levees.
The Army Corps was planning to upgrade 303 miles of levees along the river in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas. This was needed, a Corps spokesman told the Baton Rouge, La., newspaper The Advocate, because “a failure could wreak catastrophic consequences on Louisiana and Mississippi which the states would be decades in overcoming, if they overcame them at all.”
But a suit filed by environmental groups at the U.S. District Court in New Orleans claimed the Corps had not looked at “the impact on bottomland hardwood wetlands.” The lawsuit stated, “Bottomland hardwood forests must be protected and restored if the Louisiana black bear is to survive as a species, and if we are to ensure continued support for source population of all birds breeding in the lower Mississippi River valley.” In addition to the Sierra Club, other parties to the suit were the group American Rivers, the Mississippi River Basin Alliance, and the Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi Wildlife Federations.
The lawsuit was settled in 1997 with the Corps agreeing to hold off on some work while doing an additional two-year environmental impact study. Whether this delay directly affected the levees that broke in New Orleans is difficult to ascertain.
But it is just one illustration of a destructive river-management philosophy that took hold in the ‘90s, influenced the Clinton administration, and had serious policy consequences. Put simply, it’s impossible to understand the delays in building levees without being aware of the opposition of the environmental groups to dams, levees, and anything that interfered with the “natural” river flow. The group American Rivers, which leads coalitions of eco-groups on river policy, has for years actually called its campaign, “Rivers Unplugged.”
Over the past few years, levees came to occupy the same status for environmental groups as roads in forests — an artificial barrier to nature. They frequently campaigned against levees being built and shored up on the nation’s rivers, including on the Mississippi.
In 2000, American Rivers’ Mississippi River Regional Representative Jeffrey Stein complained in a congressional hearing that the river’s “levees that temporarily protect floodplain farms have reduced the frequency, extent and magnitude of high flows, robbing the river of its ability … to sustain itself.” Similarly, the National Audubon Society, referring specifically to Louisiana, has this statement slamming levees on its website, “Levees have cut off freshwater flows, harming fishing and creating salt water intrusion.” The left-leaning Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, in describing a grant it gave to Environmental Defense, blasted “the numerous levees and canals built on the lower Mississippi River” because “such structures disrupt the natural flows of the Mississippi River’s sediments.”
Some went beyond opposition to building or repairing levees. At an Army Corps of Engineers meeting concerning the Mississippi River in 2002, Audubon official Dan McGuiness even recommended “looking at opportunities to lower or remove levees [emphasis added]” from the river.
The groups argued that the “natural” way would lead to better river management, but it was clear they had other agendas in mind besides flood control. They were concerned because levees were allegedly threatening their beloved exotic animals and plants. In his testimony, American Rivers’s Stein noted that the Mississippi River was home to “double-crested cormorant, rare orchids, and many other species,” which he implied were put at risk by man-made levees.
So far the environmental movement’s role in the events leading to the flooding has been little discussed. One exception is former Rep. Bob Livingston (R., La.), who told Fox News on Saturday that environmentalists were one of the major reasons levee projects were held up.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
And just to get everyone up to speed here on guvment housing in N.O., they ain`t rebuilding the big projects. They are in fact tearing them down never to be built again.
mmmmmmm,,,,mmmmmm,,,,,GOD BLESS TEXAS
Glad to hear it HOSS. That is as it should be.
Oh, JAY, That makes today's count something like 4 or 5. :)

JAY4SPEED
09-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Glad to hear it HOSS. That is as it should be.
Oh, JAY, That makes today's count something like 4 or 5. :)
Lol.... I hear ya bro! :p :D

HOSS
09-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Glad to see you did some research there SS. Impressive to say the least. Sierra Club? Who`s that? Down here we have the Save Our Lake Foundation. The corps has held up quite a few deals but instead has done a fresh waterdiversion project in a few locations with great success.
To answer the question again. Just what would you have had him do? Collect 90,000 people? How? When? By what means? No one could have possibly known where evryone was nor had a way to even attempt something on this scale. As said many times by media and emergency officials world round since this event, " if a major catastrophe hits a metropolis, be prepared to be on your own for 5 days. But I guess us dumb sum bitches should have gotten it right. especially with litle funding from the guvment in which subscribe.
Alot of your quircks are so out of context its absolutely degrading for me to even discuss. Therefore I won`t. I guess when it boils down to it,,,there will always be people from the outside looking in and there will always be people from the inside looking out. THE END
Good luck and best wishes.

jimslade
09-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hoss why do you call me names, You don't even know me. I just figured out why in a city the size of Toronto (3 million) we had 60 murders last year and were appalled. How many were there in N.O. You people overreact to logical thinking.

HOSS
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Hoss why do you call me names, You don't even know me. I just figured out why in a city the size of Toronto (3 million) we had 60 murders last year and were appalled. How many were there in N.O. You people overreact to logical thinking.
Have I missed something? Where have I called YOU names? Please enlighten me. You must work for the media.

HOSS
09-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Watch closely HOSS.
As usual, this one is left alone again, considering the cities own plan to use city and school system busses to evacuate those who were unable to evacuate themselves.
Anyone fool enough to wait too long in front of a Cat-5 to be able to get away, IS responsible for their own actions. If you chose to stay, in violation of general common sense, for whatever reasons, I DO NOT BLAME ANYONE FOR SUCH BEHAVIOR BUT THEMSELVES. (please note this one down for future reference) I do not consider such people "abandoned" by the city who posessed a plan to evacuate those needing evacuation. Thus, I DO NOT BLAME NAGIN for people crazy enough to stay if they had the ability to leave BUT CHOSE NOT TO.
The vehicle-less elderly, nursing home patients, medical patients, the public without vehicles, THOSE WERE ABANDONED in my opinion.
By HOSS: So Mayor Nagin did what any decent person would do and looked out for the citizens and told them the truth,"Get THE PHUC OUT OF HERE"!
Yes, he did, and did what, with the cities own emergency evacuation plan, for the rest?
From JAY: Sure there were people who didn't have transportation and couldn't fend for themselves, the invalids, the sick. Those people I really feel for and are the REAL VICTIMS that should have been evacuated by the city or government and Nagin need to shoulder the blame for.
THOSE are the ones I hang blame on Nagin for, and have for a solid year now.
Again, from the city's own disaster management plan:
Again, this one gets ignored since it is innexcusable, and deserves blame, and justice, neither of which will be had apparently. See the above please.
Also, more of the city plan:
What has greater scope that a Cat-5 (or 4, fine) hurricane behind a seawall designed to hold off a Cat 3 ??!?!?!?!?
The city's OEP failed to carry out this crucial part of the emergency-response plan, which is why so many of the poor, infirm, and just plain stubborn citizens got stranded when the levees broke.
And they work for whom?
Again, more ranting over the staying of those who COULD leave, and claiming I am blaming Nagin for "everything". No, This issue also deserves settlerment, not to be ignored, but alas, no.
FEMA's published response time is, was before, and is still going to be tomorow, 72 to 96 hours TO ASSIST, not TO DO INSTEAD OF THE LOCALS. That's 3 to 4 days, when on Day 2, the Gov & Mayor Nagin were all over the press posting blame on the feds instead of running their own show, which was their job.
Again, THIS I WATCHED, and debated, 12 months ago, and it is still ignored here in preference to:
The problem is that you put Nagin responsible for things that people should have been responsible for themselves.
Wrong.
You fault Nagin for most of what transpired here.
Wrong, again.
I fault him for trhe mistakes listed above, which were made by him, and his ofice.
If you really wanted to know the truth, if you really cared enough about the situation and the people involved, I invite you down to help me hang and float sheetrock in my house, to get my house back to where it was before the storm. If you make that much effort to really care about and learn the truth (doubt it very seriously),then I'll be glad take the time to explain and show you anything that you would want to know about what really happened here.
If I had 6 mos income/bills sitting in the bank, I'd consider your offer, and even bring my own sheetrock tools. I've spread and sanded a lot of mud in years past. Unfortunately, I don't, so I cannot afford to accept your gracious offer (as much as that SOUNDS like "Mr Sarcasm", it isn't). Thus, you are left with knowing you are right and that I really don't give a damnn (There's Mr Sarcasm). Oh well.
And I generally DO pick up 1 or 2 things a day, some trivial, some much bigger, thank you JAY.
You know what pal. I just figurred your ass out. Your a bench racer through and through. You know what pal? I STAYED BITCH! ALL CAPS HERE CAUSE YEAH, I`M PISSED! DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THE NIGGAS SHOOTING AT THE RESCUERS TEHERRED FROM A CHOPPER? HEY BOY! YOU SIT IN YOUR HOUSE AFTER THE FACT 800 MILES A WAY AND START TELLING US DOWN HERE HOW WE SHOULD HAVE/BE DO IT! AFTER THE GOD DAMN FACT. WHAT A PHUCIN MAN. WHAT A PHUCIN BRAIN SURGEON. YOU ARE INTELLIGENT MUTHA PHUCA. LOOKON THE WEB SOME MORE SON. YOU`LL FIND MORE NEGATIVES THAN POSITIVES. I KNOW IF THE MEDIA DID A STORY ON ME THERE BE MORE NEGATIVES THAN POSITIVES NOT UNLIKE YOURSELF.
YOU KNOW IT WASN`T PERFECT. PEOPLE DIED. THATS WHAT HAPPENS IN MAJOR STORMS. ANYWHERE. WE LEARNED. IF IT HAPPENS IN 20 YEARS, PEOPLE WILL DIE. OUR GOVERNOR SUCKS. NEVER VOTED FOR HER BUT THATS THAT. NAGIN IS NOT IN MY PARISH SO I COULDN`T VOTE FOR/AGAINST BUT FROM THE COMPETETION IS WAS ALL FOR HIM.
YOUR ENTITLED FOR YOUR OPINION AND I THOUGHT I`D GIVE YA`LL SOME FACTS. MY BAD. I`VE ANSWERRED YOUR QUESTION SEVERAL TIMES THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD. I HAVE NO NEED TO TAKE MESSAGES/PARTS OF MESSAGES OUT OF CONTEXT. I`M A MAN AND STAND ON EACH THREAD OF MINE.

jimslade
09-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Why rebuild? Good honest question. Because thats all we got. The guvment built the levees and dug the canals and pumping stations as said, "hey, big port, big oil, big gas, we need people here. We need a metropolis". Now, they wanna bail and people like yourself wanna say screw you dumb sum bitches building below sea level. We made a mistake now you have to pay. Leave your house, still pay the mortgage and get on with life. I say great,,only one problem. I can`t afford it. Not unless I want my credit screwed and I can tell you this much. I`ve never nor my elders (family) even burned anyone. We ALWAYS PAY OUR BILLS! I`m not gonna file a chapter and take the dive,PERIOD! I know people that did and made bank after the storm before the October deadline. I`m sure there are people on this site that did. Well thats them and I personally believe the are phucin scum.
I`m still all ears bro.
I never said any of this' I never called you dumb, you are generallizing my position. My position is to look to the future safety of the people who want to move back to N.O. I don't believe that its in the best interest to build in flood plain areas. I DO BELIEVE THAT THE GOV SHOULD PAY FOR THE PROPERTY OF PEOPLE THAT CANNOT REBUILD IN THESE AREAS.I never suggested that people should forfeit on their properties. Please read my comments carefully before you insinuate that I am an IDIOT. I understand your frustration and anger but its not my fault. If its possible could you please post without the profanity. Its not neccessary. Thanks Jim

HOSS
09-08-2006, 04:37 AM
As far as getting everyone out? Impossible. Will not, cannot, won`t ever happen. They closed the roads and bridges at a certain point. It was a major traffic jam. 3 days out the I-10 was a phucin parking lot.
Now, knowing this information, RIGHT NOW, first hand actual knowledge from me. Just how the hell would you get an additional 90k out that didn`t wanna go? Tell me people. Anyone. Please. Alot of the 90k,,pay attention boys,,,alot of them wanted to stay just to STEAL. No kidding. Again,,, GOD bless Texas. So just how do you know which ones are criminals or not. How can you tell? You know what you do? You get what you can. Do people have any self responsibility anymore? Do you need myself and my guvment to live life for you. Do you expect that? To bring you up to speed son we live in a society comprised of judicial liabilities. Maybe you should blame past judges for this state we are in. By the way, I only expect a few people to even be able to slightly understand what I was talking about in the last paragraph as it will invole DEDUCTIVE REASONING.
So SS, this leaves us with you! Remember the pics of Rita right after. Like 2 weeks. Yeap a back to back mind blower pal. But hey,,down here we are some tough sum bitches. Well did you see the video of people stuck on I-10? Where were they going? They sat there during a hurricane. Running out of fuel (which down here not a single gas station worked- no electricity). How bout you follow the ONLY PHUCIN PLAN THERE IS AND EVACUATE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? You are stuck on the I-10. You bring your wife and little babies home because its actually safer and there is food and water. Which the guvment ain`t offerring along interstates yet. But push it and you may get it. So you at home with your family and you know what the phuc YOUR doin? Your trusting in GOD, your own ability, and yes, HOPEFULLY there will be some sort of guvment organized (local, federal, global, anything) to help your punk unappreciative ass out if at all even feasable. IF AT ALL EVEN FEASABLE! In a Katrina situation (by the way we faired Katrina actually damn good) the FEDERAL levees broke so there was nothing state and local guvment could possible have done. NOTHING! Those capabilities just did not exist. Now throw in no communication. NONE! Damn son,,,you and your family are in a pickle now! Don`t worry, someone like myself will come get your dead beat pointin finger asss.
Evacuation plan. What plan. Its an impossible feat! Let me put it this way boyz,,,wanna pay billions on huge wide highways so that MAYBE every 40 years we need them to evacuate or do ya just wanna build a GOD damn levee?
Cause me personnally will snap that phucin finger off that keeps gettin pointed.

HOSS
09-08-2006, 04:39 AM
I never said any of this' I never called you dumb, you are generallizing my position. My position is to look to the future safety of the people who want to move back to N.O. I don't believe that its in the best interest to build in flood plain areas. I DO BELIEVE THAT THE GOV SHOULD PAY FOR THE PROPERTY OF PEOPLE THAT CANNOT REBUILD IN THESE AREAS.I never suggested that people should forfeit on their properties. Please read my comments carefully before you insinuate that I am an IDIOT. I understand your frustration and anger but its not my fault. If its possible could you please post without the profanity. Its not neccessary. Thanks Jim
Can`t seem to find the profanity in my post to you. Never called you an idiot. So what gives? You just GOTTA get yours in? Come on bro,,,daddy`s listenin.

HOSS
09-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Boyz,,if ya wanna really learn sumtin,,get out your paper and pencil and start takin notez. You may actually be able to learn sumtin from a dumb sum bitch like myself. I survived,,, and didn`t evacuate or get rescued. Never got money from my guvment. Should I be angry that I got no free money? I never gots no spinners. No bling bling. Not even a GOD damn wide screen tv. No I`m not a nigga. Niggas come in white, black, asain, ect. Just down here 99% off all niggas are black. Thats not from me or GOD. THATS THA FACT JACK!
Oh,,,, everytime I come aroun tha city bling bling,,,,,,,,,

jimslade
09-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Anyone that says "screw you" in your post 101 to someone that has gone through all the problems of a hurricane is an idiot. I am not, and you misunderstand my position and put words in my mouth that I would never say. Why insult me? Your first response is that I am from nowhere.Then you say I must be from the media. All other of your posts contain profanity( I do read them all not just mine). I am trying to understand what is going on in the rebuilding proccess and I am being misslabelled.I don't get it! Am I not allowed my opinion when I feel that they should'nt rebuild in flood plain areas. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family and to see the rebuilding process completed.

HOSS
09-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Anyone that says "screw you" in your post 101 to someone that has gone through all the problems of a hurricane is an idiot. I am not, and you misunderstand my position and put words in my mouth that I would never say. Why insult me? Your first response is that I am from nowhere.Then you say I must be from the media. All other of your posts contain profanity( I do read them all not just mine). I am trying to understand what is going on in the rebuilding proccess and I am being misslabelled.I don't get it! Am I not allowed my opinion when I feel that they should'nt rebuild in flood plain areas. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family and to see the rebuilding process completed.
Well potna,the comment of being nowhere was because a location you had not listed under your avatar. I see now its there. So you obviously understood what the phuc I meant. Profanity? Where,,,this is how us dumb sum bitches talk down heya.

OGShocker
09-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Boyz,,if ya wanna really learn sumtin,,get out your paper and pencil and start takin notez.
I have read most of this thread and I must say it is a lot more interesting than you drunk posting pictures of your JUNK...:D

Old Texan
09-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Well potna,the comment of being nowhere was because a location you had not listed under your avatar. I see now its there. So you obviously understood what the phuc I meant. Profanity? Where,,,this is how us dumb sum bitches talk down heya.
Tell the folks you just speakin' "Coonass"..... :p

godfather
09-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I have read most of this thread and I must say it is a lot more interesting than you drunk posting pictures of your JUNK...:D
Also known as cactus jack :crossx: :crossx:

HOSS
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I dunno,,,I had fun,,,,so did Tom Brown. :cool:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 05:49 PM
To answer the question again. Just what would you have had him do? Collect 90,000 people? How? When? By what means? No one could have possibly known where evryone was nor had a way to even attempt something on this scale.
OOH, OOH! I know, I know!!! Spread rumor of free crack and malt liquor in the school buses!!!
LMAO!!! :rollside:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I DO BELIEVE THAT THE GOV SHOULD PAY FOR THE PROPERTY OF PEOPLE THAT CANNOT REBUILD IN THESE AREAS.I never suggested that people should forfeit on their properties.
They do... and there are actually people that buy property in flood zones in hopes that it will flood so they can make a buck off the government!!! Oh yea, let the government take complete care of us.. oops, wait... then we would called CANADA!!! :220v:
My house was totaled in a tornado in '92 (tornado ally of LA). I also live on the flood plain in Louisiana, just a couple of miles from the Mississippi River... Oh, what shall I do? :cry:
If its possible could you please post without the profanity. Its not neccessary. Thanks Jim
:rolleyes:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think this has been covered yet, but what of the firearms confiscations that occurred right after the hurricane hit? To me, not being to defend myself is a very scary thought!!! Not only did the government officials break their oath to up hold the Constitution, but the Louisiana State Police and the California Highway Patrol did as well. :mad:

HOSS
09-08-2006, 06:19 PM
The CHP,,,now you`ve done it,,,they`ll call PONCHARELLO!

SnoopJonnyJon
09-08-2006, 06:30 PM
They do... and there are actually people that buy property in flood zones in hopes that it will flood so they can make a buck off the government!!! Oh yea, let the government take complete care of us.. oops, wait... then we would called CANADA!!! :220v:
My house was totaled in a tornado in '92 (tornado ally of LA). I also live on the flood plain in Louisiana, just a couple of miles from the Mississippi River... Oh, what shall I do? :cry:
:rolleyes:
Good Ole Canada, Mexico of the North. If this happenned in Canada there would be a concert to celebrate it with some 70 year old dinosaur bands, with the proceeds being donated to socialism.
BTW, nice looking JD, 9600? Just got back from spending two weeks on our old 2166 CaseIH. Now I am back to work designing the stupid things. I'm an engineer on the next-gen axial-flow CaseIH.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17455&stc=1
There's my old ride.
And HOSS, best of luck to you. If all the NO residents were as determined as you the place would be rebuilt already.

HOSS
09-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Lets take some stuff out of context. This has only been days. Wanna step up to the plate bro? Come on,,,you only give (in your words) currupt, idiotic, aZZ Ray months apart to squeeze it together.
How do you like Cheeze Whiz now?

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Snoop. And it's a 9610. :cool:
Too bad you don't work for Deere. Sometimes I think they could use some insight from us who are not so bright! ;)
:D
Nice Scout! :rollside: IH to the core I see! :cool:

SnoopJonnyJon
09-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Snoop. And it's a 9610. :cool:
Too bad you don't work for Deere. Sometimes I think they could use some insight from us who are not so bright! ;)
:D
Nice Scout! :rollside: IH to the core I see! :cool:
I think working for Deere would be a much more stable place. The whole CNH merger has made for some rather nasty internal politics between CaseIH and New Holland. Plus I am not into making everything so stylized with everything computerized and plastic. And who needs a heated seat in a combine? Anytime I am combine its about 110 outside. I think they should build something simple that doesn't break down every week, and costs half as much as the current harvesting-nightclubs. Not gonna bite the hand that feeds me though, I haven't minded it so far. Deep down I am still IH to the core though... wish you could still buy a half ton from a farm dealership instead of having to go deal with some sour-panted car salesman in the city. :boxed:

JAY4SPEED
09-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Damn, with all these people from near by N'awlins, we should bave a crawdad boil! But we can't let HOSS near the garlic. :yuk:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17458

jimslade
09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Snoop. If you don't like Canada. why don't you move south. And when your old and sick the hospital will take your house and family. Canada is not perfect but it still is one of the best and safest places to live in the world and I will defend it with my life.Forkin- the second part of your name is very appropriate.Don't dis My country.

centerhill condor
09-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey John..sounds as if you're learning about the corporate world don't you wish you didn't have to?...how's the JOB? We've had a nice summer down here a little dry lately but the boat has run all season without more than an oil change! the wife likes that part. what the heck does "axial flow" have to do with a combine anyway? or is that a smart guy way of saying the corn comes out the back????? come see us.

Forkin' Crazy
09-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Snoop. If you don't like Canada. why don't you move south. And when your old and sick the hospital will take your house and family. Canada is not perfect but it still is one of the best and safest places to live in the world and I will defend it with my life.Forkin- the second part of your name is very appropriate.Don't dis My country.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh kiss my ass! :220v: You know what I was refering to? Your hospitalization services are a joke from what I read. Don't most of the well to do in Canada come to the US for medical services? :rolleyes:
And when your old and sick the hospital will take your house and family.
I smell bullshit!!! :rolleyes: They will take my family? LMAO!!!
So you can talk about my government, but I can't talk about yours? HAHAHA!!! What a joke!!! :rolleyes:
Speaking of Canadian Governmental failures, how is the gun registration going? :220v:
Forkin- the second part of your name is very appropriate.Don't dis My country. So I say something about Canada, and you come out with personal insults... must be east Canadian. :rolleyes:

SnoopJonnyJon
09-09-2006, 07:22 AM
I like Canada, what I don't like is socialism. And don't bring up the old NDP medi-scare tactics either. Its not working on me. I would gladly go to a system where I have to pay for any and all medical services. Personally, I haven't been to a hospital since I was born. And I bet your reponse to that would be "well, then you are lucky". Well, no, there have been lots of times I would have benefitted from medical attention. Like the time I went over the bars jumping a 80ft triple wearing jeans, t-shirt, and a ball cap. Or the time I slipped and stopped the propeller of my RC airplane with my hand (it was at full throttle where it makes 1.62HP @18,000 rpm) but the reason I never went is because WE DON'T HAVE A HOSPITAL. Well, we did... built a new one in fact with money from the local area. But the socialists in the cities don't like to see a small town build something for themselves, so the provincial government (which has never cared what goes on outside of regina and saskatoon) confiscates the hospital, removes all the equipment and sends it off to the city. The last time I can think of anyone in my immediate family going to doctor, it was my sister last year, when her appendix was about to burst. So, she gets a paki doctor (is there any other kind?) and his diagnosis is "you are a filthy Jew, go home and quite whining". I'm glad $800/month of my paycheque goes towards that :rolleyes: .
And as for not taking any critism about our country from American, and you'll defend it with your life... if there ever was a war against Canada, the Americans would be the one's fighting it for us. Our military consists of 4 1942 Willy's Jeeps, 3 Piper Cubs, 2 .22's, and a bagpipe. And even with all the douche baggery that Canada does against the USA, you can still bet they would be protecting their Down Syndrom brother to the north.
But all this could be fixed... JUST QUIT VOTING FOR SOCIALISTS!

SnoopJonnyJon
09-09-2006, 07:27 AM
So I say something about Canada, and you come out with personal insults... must be east Canadian. :rolleyes:
Thanks for noting the East. Ontario and Quebec are quite distinct from the rest of canada in that: 1. Those two provinces have complete control over the nation, and 2. The rest of the country has different ideals.

probablecause
09-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I have not read through all of the posts but could you imagine the mayor of Boise, Idaho saying, "This is a vanilla city and alway will be." He would be ostrasized.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey John..sounds as if you're learning about the corporate world don't you wish you didn't have to?...how's the JOB? We've had a nice summer down here a little dry lately but the boat has run all season without more than an oil change! the wife likes that part. what the heck does "axial flow" have to do with a combine anyway? or is that a smart guy way of saying the corn comes out the back????? come see us.
Work has been going quite well, the last couple months I have been working on the drawings for the header adapter that goes between the header and the feeder house. I took off two weeks during harvest to go back to the farm to help dad with harvest.
Anyways, an axial flow combine has the seperating cylinder mounted axially. This increases the time for the grain to pass through the concaves, so the machine can be set more gently and still do a complete job of threshing. This was only used on IH combines starting in 1977 until 2002 when John Deere came out with one nearly identical (about a day after th 25 year patent expired).
http://www.toytractorshow.com/images/ih_com7.jpg
http://www.johndeere.com.br/pt_BR/images/ag/products/new-products/combines/ca9650_9750/conceito2.jpg
From that you can see cylinder mounted lengthwise.
Now compare to a conventional combine and you can see what I am talking about.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pollubel/store3/comb11.gif

Forkin' Crazy
09-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Boy, hasn't this thread taken a different turn!!!! :D
Of course mine is still a walker machine. I was going to by a rotor, but some of the mechanics advised me to stay away until they got the bugs out. Hey, at least JD got with the program and started putting the engines in the rear and the cab in the center. :rolleyes:
What's you take on the Challenger combines?

SnoopJonnyJon
09-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Cab off-center, engine beside the cab... did you run an 8820? :p
Personally, I think the Claas aka Cat aka Challenger is way too complicated and not well suited to our area. I have no idea how well they sell down your way, but here in Western Canada, we have one large dealer. Parts are a major problem, as getting parts from Germany takes a lot longer than you want to wait for during harvest. I think the quality is there, hard to find much fault with German engineering and Catarpillar engines, but I don't think they will ever fly over here. CaseIH, JD, Gleaner, New Holland, and even Massey have too much of a stronghold over here for people to want to buy something overpriced and difficult to get parts for. And you WILL need parts... no combine ever made doesn't breakdown regularly. And they have to meet all sorts of european rules which are unnecessary over here and just make it expensive and weird. In Europe, I have heard, that farm equipment can't be over 8.5 feet wide so they can drive on the highways. That's why Cat went to their system of a million small cylinders feeding into another, they just didn't have room to put one big one! When they are new I am sure they work fine, but when they get old I sure wouldn't want to have 3X the moving parts. And when it comes to parts availability there is no comparison. We have Case and JD dealers ever 15 miles, and even the Napa stores sells jobber parts. One of our neighbors ran two Cat's a couple years ago. They were often both broke down waiting for parts. He offered to trade our neighbor both Cat's for his 2388 CaseIH. Around here you can hardly give them away. Used, they are worth 1/2 of what a JD or Case is.
While we are discussing combines that will never fly... here are a few more:
The Russian-made "Rostselmash Vector". I took a look at one of these in person and the quality of steel used was pathetic. The tins looked they were made by hammering sheetmetal over a stump. http://www.rostselmash.com/eng/products/grain/vector/7/ while there check out the "other products".
Next is the "Python". It is made in Imperial, Saskatchewan just a little ways down the road. It starts as an old Belarus combine, and is then pimped out with a JD cab, and all the belts are replaced by mounting hydraulic motors on every shaft.
Check out the "combine division".. he also sells the Rostselmash.
http://www.pythoncombine.com/
The last and perhaps most ridiculous is the Mcleod Harvester. Note it isn't a "combine" since it doesn't "combine" harvesting procedures. It is basically going back to threshing machine technology where you do the separation stationary at the yard. The field unit just separates the straw from it, and then you have to truck all the "graff" as he calls it (grain and chaff) back to the yard for rethreshing and grain-chaff separation. And to top it off, it is a pull type. And it is hugely expensive since you have basically a combine without the sieves in the field and then a complex rethresher (uses JD 9600 components) back in the yard. Plus you need a trucker to and from the field to the cleaner, and then another trucker from the cleaner to the bin/elevator.
http://www.mcleodharvest.com/corepages/home.aspx

centerhill condor
09-10-2006, 02:04 PM
that's amazing stuff...I drive by these things all the time and have NO CLUE what goes on inside...kinda like the girls in the cars..hmm..maybe they have diagrams for them too?

jimslade
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I have voted conservative all my life, so I'm no socialist. Where I live you can walk into a hospital(5 miles away) and usually be served in a short time. I have had 2 major surgeries and the service was outstanding.I have not seen a (paki) doctor in my hospital. What I can't stand is racists gun toten rednecks.Forkin maybe if you had gun control your murder rate would not be 10 times ours. We had 60 murders in a city of 3 million. How was your city?

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2006, 05:53 PM
You know what pal. I just figurred your ass out. Your a bench racer through and through. You know what pal? I STAYED BITCH! ALL CAPS HERE CAUSE YEAH, I`M PISSED! DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THE NIGGAS SHOOTING AT THE RESCUERS TEHERRED FROM A CHOPPER? HEY BOY! YOU SIT IN YOUR HOUSE AFTER THE FACT 800 MILES A WAY AND START TELLING US DOWN HERE HOW WE SHOULD HAVE/BE DO IT! AFTER THE GOD DAMN FACT. WHAT A PHUCIN MAN. WHAT A PHUCIN BRAIN SURGEON. YOU ARE INTELLIGENT MUTHA PHUCA. LOOKON THE WEB SOME MORE SON. YOU`LL FIND MORE NEGATIVES THAN POSITIVES. I KNOW IF THE MEDIA DID A STORY ON ME THERE BE MORE NEGATIVES THAN POSITIVES NOT UNLIKE YOURSELF. .
Fine HOSS, be pissed alllllll you want. I AM now thru with the entire topic.
You miss my entire point, every single time, so I am as tired of it as it gets.
Have a nice day HOSS. I sincerely hope all your local problem issues with insurance/your home/your business iron out sufficiently. They SHOULD have been settled before now, it's been a year.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Lets take some stuff out of context. This has only been days. Wanna step up to the plate bro? Come on,,,you only give (in your words) currupt, idiotic, aZZ Ray months apart to squeeze it together.
How do you like Cheeze Whiz now?
Nope HOSS, I'm thru with discussions of Nagin, New Orleans, or the state of Louisiana, or it's government.
Thx for the offer tho.
Have a nice day.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Damn, with all these people from near by N'awlins, we should bave a crawdad boil! But we can't let HOSS near the garlic. :yuk:
Now THAT's lookin' good right there. :)

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
I have voted conservative all my life, so I'm no socialist. Where I live you can walk into a hospital(5 miles away) and usually be served in a short time. I have had 2 major surgeries and the service was outstanding.I have not seen a (paki) doctor in my hospital. What I can't stand is racists gun toten rednecks.Forkin maybe if yoy had gun control your murder rate would not be 10 times ours. We had 60 murders in a city of 3 million. How was your city?
Sorry to burst that bubble for ya jim, but it is proving down here that if you give MORE people guns (under the free-er "shal-issue" concealed carry license laws) that violent crime goes DOWN.
Gun "controll" never takes a gun away from a criminal, who is the person likely to use it to commit a murder. It DOES often deny them to those who could and would use them to protect themself and possibly others.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
that's amazing stuff...I drive by these things all the time and have NO CLUE what goes on inside...kinda like the girls in the cars..hmm..maybe they have diagrams for them too?
Spent a day or 2 (more like a few years) of my young life on them as well, but none so nice. Gleaner "L" or "M", I don't remember which model. Actually enjoyed it myself.
Gives you a solid hatred of bindweed the first time you ever have to dig it all out of the jammed feed chain/slats to the shaker assy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

SnoopJonnyJon
09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I have voted conservative all my life, so I'm no socialist. Where I live you can walk into a hospital(5 miles away) and usually be served in a short time. I have had 2 major surgeries and the service was outstanding.I have not seen a (paki) doctor in my hospital. What I can't stand is racists gun toten rednecks.Forkin maybe if yoy had gun control your murder rate would not be 10 times ours. We had 60 murders in a city of 3 million. How was your city?
Well of course you had good service, you are in Toronto. Everyone gets equal access to medical attention in Canada, its just some people are more equal than others.
Now as far as the whole racist bit. If a supposed "professional" won't treat my sister and swears at her because she is wearing a necklace with a Star of David pendant, then in my books he is the true racist. But you know what, yes, I do hate the dumb carpet pilot. I don't stand for it when people disrespect my family. If they consider me one of their enemies, I would be pretty stupid to not consider them one of mine. And don't make out like this is some sort of isolated incident. In a totally separate incident, at the Regina airport, a group of camel jockeys spotted my sister's necklace and started spitting on her and said "it would be worth it to blow up this airport if we could just kill one Jew". So yes, I do hate radical muzzies.
I would now like to add that the safest place you could be is among a group of gun toting rednecks. The RCMP detachment from my hometown (Assiniboia, SK) has the lowest crime rate of any detachment Canada-wide, or at least it did at least one year recently. I don't want to send you on some internet search where you try to prove me wrong, so I am not giving a specific year, I just remember hearing so when I was in high school (5-6 years ago). Speaking of high school, I did take guns to school, and you know what? No one cared. We'd go shooting gophers at noon hour. Lots of us did. And no, we weren't little irresponsible punks; we were no more irresponsible than your great great grandfather was when he did the same thing. And to make it clear, I don't "play" with guns. I don't hunt, target shoot, or any of that crap. If I discharge a gun I am killing vermin. I agree with gun control in cities. What the heck do a bunch of urbanites in shorts and sandals need guns for? Absolutely nothing. But try to take away my dad's guns that came across from germany 100 years ago, and you can go suck an egg safety boy.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Spent a day or 2 (more like a few years) of my young life on them as well, but none so nice. Gleaner "L" or "M", I don't remember which model. Actually enjoyed it myself.
Gives you a solid hatred of bindweed the first time you ever have to dig it all out of the jammed feed chain/slats to the shaker assy. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I remember a good friend of ours used to have an L2 Gleaner. We used to help him farm his land, and have since rented it from him. At the time we had a IH 914 pull type combine. I used to think that L2 self propelled was the most beautiful thing out there. All we could do was pick up swaths with the 914, so straight cutting seemed so fun to a little kid.
My most hated harvest weed is kochia. The stuff turns into christmas trees in the fall, and it will bust out the concaves like nobody's business. I think this was the first year I didn't end up having to replace some part of the concaves due to kochia related damage. As far as actual yield loss though, the worst we have is Downy Brougham... the stuff just showed up about 5 years ago and is now a horrible epidemic. Do you have that stuff Forkin'? It also goes by Japanese Brougham.

jimslade
09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Snoop, I live 6 miles north of the Toronto border in a rural area. I live next door to a grain elevator and I run an automotive restoration business on the 5 acres I own. I have a few guns and have taught my three sons to use them properly( we have coyotes). My kids love to shoot paintball with their friends and family.I do not agree with the long gun registry and I can't stand most socialists. But I do think handguns should be restricted. My sons went to florida and they were walking down the street with their cousins and in the ditch was a 9mm gun. Their cousins kept the gun for their collection. It probably was used in a crime. The handgun mentality in the US I feel is out of control. I would rather have a shotgun for protection. Where we live most fights are solved with fists. Down in FLA they are settled with guns. Just check out the murder rate in any large city in the US, its crazy.The murder rate in Sas.. is four times that of ONT. and Louisiana is ten times that of ontario. check out the stats before you comment, It is shocking. I hope the gun mentality of the states does not come to Canada.Canada has problems that need to be dealt with but we have the best police forces in the world. Most Americans and my sister included have no clue what goes on in Canada. They read some story with 10 percent truth and then their experts on Canadian problems.

jimslade
09-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Sorry to burst that bubble for ya jim, but it is proving down here that if you give MORE people guns (under the free-er "shal-issue" concealed carry license laws) that violent crime goes DOWN.
Gun "controll" never takes a gun away from a criminal, who is the person likely to use it to commit a murder. It DOES often deny them to those who could and would use them to protect themself and possibly others.I wish I could agree with you(Ihave a shotgunfor protection,12 gauge) but the statistics show the contrary.

centerhill condor
09-11-2006, 04:08 AM
our murder capitals are dc, detroit, NOLA, Miam, etc...this is black on black violence...please don't accept this as representative of "the rest of the country". Nobody cares about black on black violence and very few speeches are made addressing the topic other than blamin' whitey. BTW I think Canada is a great place!
Our country is different, born in violence and run with violence. The old adage regarding guns is, "those with the guns make the rules". Its a mentality thing and I don't expect the rest of the world to understand our murder problem because I don't.
We've spent the last 50 years dis-arming the population so that only the cops and criminals will have guns. I'm for open carry; "strap up and roll" to borrow a phrase. Me thinks somehow, a piece on the hip is a deterrent to even the most uneducated or desperate. Worked for the cold war.
The other issue is responsiblity...we're working daily to remove adverse consequences from society and it is working pitifully well. A little old fashioned "we drew and he lost" on a few police reports would do this country more good than all the legislation increasing the fines and sentences for people who have no money and plenty of time!
As for healthcare...one simple rule change would fix the problem within 90 days...there's a rule that states you can't be denied medical treatment for lack of payment..only place in the country you can get a service for "free".
Change the rule to no pay no play and we'll eliminate this so called "health care crisis" and premiums will go down and profits will go up! that's the capitalist solution. It worked 60 years ago and could work today.
I've bought my own healthcare insurance for 20 years and am amazed at the healthy people that can't afford health insurance but have a car note, sport bike, or boat! a question of priorities. Hey, its your life run it or ruin it.

jimslade
09-11-2006, 08:09 AM
The other day I ran into a guy that worked in Florida selling cars. He moved back to Canada because he said"I'm tired of taking my gun to work everyday" If I lived in the states I would carry a gun. That's the facts of life where everyone has the right to carry a weapon. I prefer to keep my weapons at home.

Old Texan
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
The other day I ran into a guy that worked in Florida selling cars. He moved back to Canada because he said"I'm tired of taking my gun to work everyday" If I lived in the states I would carry a gun. That's the facts of life where everyone has the right to carry a weapon. I prefer to keep my weapons at home.
You can choose where to live and work. If you choose a neighborhood filled with the "bad elements" of society, you may need to be armed to feel secure. I've lived in 4 states in the US through my life and have lived on the edge of the "bad elements" a couple times. I moved.
As mentioned the bulk of murders in the US are urban "ghetto" type blacks and now alot of Mexican national / central American types that brought their local traditions of violence to this country. They kill each other mainly, but bring innocent victims in while committing armed robbery and gangland drive bys. The racial card is played every time the "real" statistics are brought to light. When murder stats are publisized they show these facts but the Revs and Libs will cry foul and political incorrectness, so another problem prevails.

godfather
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
damn jay im all for that crawdad party i will bring the abita amber. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I remember a good friend of ours used to have an L2 Gleaner. We used to help him farm his land, and have since rented it from him. At the time we had a IH 914 pull type combine. I used to think that L2 self propelled was the most beautiful thing out there. All we could do was pick up swaths with the 914, so straight cutting seemed so fun to a little kid.
My most hated harvest weed is kochia. The stuff turns into christmas trees in the fall, and it will bust out the concaves like nobody's business. I think this was the first year I didn't end up having to replace some part of the concaves due to kochia related damage. As far as actual yield loss though, the worst we have is Downy Brougham... the stuff just showed up about 5 years ago and is now a horrible epidemic. Do you have that stuff Forkin'? It also goes by Japanese Brougham.
Never heard of Kochia, but from your description, I have a particularly unpleasant vision, thx.
I have heard of Brougham, but have no idea if it is comon down here. Bindweed and sunflowers are out worst I think. Damn sunflower stalks make a hell of a shake & racket when one goes thru the concaves, to soft to break anyhting tho.

JAY4SPEED
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
damn jay im all for that crawdad party i will bring the abita amber. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
My absolute favorite beer! Amber and Turbodog! Ever been to the brewery for the tour? They let you in a little room before the tour starts with like 6 keg-o-rators and a big stack of plastic cups and invite you to sample all that you like....... There's nothing like fresh brewed Amber! I've been to the tour twice, but don't remember the actual tour..... :) :rollside: :)
Jay

godfather
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
i have never taken the tour but ive passed by there before. it has to taste better that fresh. i will be drinking the amber tomorrow got to love it. :crossx:

SnoopJonnyJon
09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Snoop, I live 6 miles north of the Toronto border in a rural area. I live next door to a grain elevator and I run an automotive restoration business on the 5 acres I own. I have a few guns and have taught my three sons to use them properly( we have coyotes). My kids love to shoot paintball with their friends and family.I do not agree with the long gun registry and I can't stand most socialists. But I do think handguns should be restricted. My sons went to florida and they were walking down the street with their cousins and in the ditch was a 9mm gun. Their cousins kept the gun for their collection. It probably was used in a crime. The handgun mentality in the US I feel is out of control. I would rather have a shotgun for protection. Where we live most fights are solved with fists. Down in FLA they are settled with guns. Just check out the murder rate in any large city in the US, its crazy.The murder rate in Sas.. is four times that of ONT. and Louisiana is ten times that of ontario. check out the stats before you comment, It is shocking. I hope the gun mentality of the states does not come to Canada.Canada has problems that need to be dealt with but we have the best police forces in the world. Most Americans and my sister included have no clue what goes on in Canada. They read some story with 10 percent truth and then their experts on Canadian problems.
I don't doubt that Saskatchewan as a whole has a worse rate than Ontario. But it has nothing to do with the "gun toting rednecks", and has everything to do with our native population. And when it comes to the gun registry, they don't play by the same rules. So taking guns away from farmers isn't going to slow the native gun violence any.
The problem is that canada is too broad a region to start having blanket laws about things like this. I can see why in Toronto when they find a 9mm handgun they want it destroyed so that no one will ever get ahold of it again. If you could eliminate all guns (which I don't think is possible, but lets assume you could) then it may have the ability to reduce gang violence. Although I do suspect they could always start using blowguns with poison tips. If you want to hurt someone, there are always other methods. But anyways, there is one extreme in Toronto. Now look at the northern 2/3 of Saskatchewan (or most of the other provinces for that matter). You've got people up in the bush who are in constant danger of bear attacks. A relative of mine runs a church camp in the far north and he has on many occasions needed to defend himself. For things like that it is nice to just have a nice little .357 magnum on your hip instead of lugging around a 12 ga shotgun. That right there is why I am against gun control.

HOSS
09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Does anyone still make FONDUE? Hell,,,I`ve still got my parents pot.

jimslade
09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Snoop, I agree with you on the gun issue. But there is just no need for anyone to carry a handgun in a city. Also I think any crime committed with a gun should be a min 10 year sentence. Maybe that will detour the thugs. Usually not. Most crimes I believe are the results of bad parents or no parents.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
A bunch of my buddies and their girlfriends made fondue on saturday evening. Since I don't have a girlfriend to force me to eat girlie foods like that, I hopped in my Trans Am and picked up some A&W.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Snoop, I agree with you on the gun issue. But there is just no need for anyone to carry a handgun in a city. Also I think any crime committed with a gun should be a min 10 year sentence. Maybe that will detour the thugs. Usually not. Most crimes I believe are the results of bad parents or no parents.
So at the end if this it ends up we are in agreement :) . I am not that concerned about deterring criminals. I think there will be criminals no matter what the punishment. My take on it is that is someone is a criminal, they should be locked up to keep the public safe. I don't care if they have "served their time", if they are criminals that we know will reoffend, they should stay locked up.
I do agree a huge part of it comes from having a lack of family, but I think a lot of it also has to do with alcohol. I've never drank and never will, and I think it helped me stay out of a lot of trouble I would have otherwise gotten into as a teenager. I had an awful lot of friends growing up that were real good people until they started drinking as a teenager. Then they get on with marijauna, then they try coke, and next thing you know they are selling the stuff.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-12-2006, 02:52 AM
Not really here, but I have a very nice Stainless Steel Chafing Dish that is the shit for Cheese Dip. A little Sterno and it keeps it perfectly hot. MMMMmmm :) The fondu pot would work equally well I think.

jimslade
09-12-2006, 04:08 AM
I agree with you completely on the alcohol issue. I once commented to a detective friend of mine that if there was no alcohol, the police force would be much smaller. he agreed completely. Less alcohol related fights, men beating on their families and drunk drivers. I am a Christian so I have abstained from alcohol for personal reasons.

Old Texan
09-12-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm needin' to get my pants tucked into my boots, it's starting to get deep in here.......
Combines, solving urban US problems from north of utopia, antiquated drug theories, evils of John Barleycorn. Sorry guys when you drove Hoss to contemplating fondue, I just think the thread is going down hill........ :crossx:

centerhill condor
09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
how 'bout a back bacon sandwich with your fondue???? eh?

SnoopJonnyJon
09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I agree with you completely on the alcohol issue. I once commented to a detective friend of mine that if there was no alcohol, the police force would be much smaller. he agreed completely. Less alcohol related fights, men beating on their families and drunk drivers. I am a Christian so I have abstained from alcohol for personal reasons.
That's also the main reason why I don't. No one in my family drinks. But even besides the spiritual implications, I don't think it makes sense to drink even from a purely secular standpoint. Ruins so many people lives. So what denomination are you? I am pentecostal.

jimslade
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm Baptist, many of my friends are pentecostal. I run a church baseball league with 12 teams, I play for a pentecostal church. Good to have a brother online that likes boats too.I think we highjacked this thread-sorry HOSS.

HOSS
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Fondue reciepes. There is a bread deal with cheese and a lil wine in it,,,somer meat deal and sticks. What else? I`m buying a pot for the shop. We are going to convert here. Its nice to be nice to your neighbor. :boxed:

jimslade
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Hoss, if I wasn't in the middle of renovating my house, I would come down and help you rebuild. Sorry the wifey comes first.

deltaAce
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
HOSS, theres this other thing they make out of a big round hunk of bread, where you carve out the bread into a bowl shape. You can fill the bread bowl with good things, stew, seafood, spinach dip, cheese. Then you eat the bread bowl, saves clean up. My Mom makes stuff like that all the time :rollside: Iv'e already consumed my lifetime alotment of booze. Trying to learn about life sober now, helps to be a Christain.

HOSS
09-13-2006, 03:45 AM
I was a Christian then they launched Hubble. I`ve seen a planet far far away that has a civilization. All the women are about 5'1" and weigh in at 100 lbs. with long straight black hair and they just love sex. Oh wait,, thats the Phillipines.

Old Texan
09-13-2006, 04:35 AM
I was a Christian then they launched Hubble. I`ve seen a planet far far away that has a civilization. All the women are about 5'1" and weigh in at 100 lbs. with long straight black hair and they just love sex. Oh wait,, thats the Phillipines.
Ideally they'd have flat topped heads to set your drink on.......

deltaAce
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
HOSS, better hold off on the fondue.......................
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1402/1122aaaaaaaaaarh1.jpg

godfather
09-13-2006, 12:29 PM
WTF she needs her ass kicked :)

HOSS
09-14-2006, 02:29 AM
HOSS, better hold off on the fondue.......................
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1402/1122aaaaaaaaaarh1.jpg
son of a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Yea.
"Analyst says she may avoid jail time." :mad: :mad:
Let a GUY set her crotch on fire with fondu-fuel and see just how many DECADES the mf'er gets. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Old Texan
09-14-2006, 04:42 AM
Montreal woman sets penis on fire, spaced out nut opens fire with weapons at a Montreal school yesterday........
Earlier wasn't some Canadian talking about violence in the US and how we have all these problems? :rolleyes:

Wild Horses
09-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Montreal woman sets penis on fire, spaced out nut opens fire with weapons at a Montreal school yesterday........
Earlier wasn't some Canadian talking about violence in the US and how we have all these problems? :rolleyes:
JimSlade was saying that with their gun laws (Being restrictive) the statistics show less crime than if the people are allowed to own and carry like in the good ole USA.
Guess that shoots the Hell out of that theory.

Old Texan
09-14-2006, 06:44 AM
son of a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mad:
I think she had a craving for "cocktail weinies"......

HOSS
09-14-2006, 07:55 AM
At minimum it was a weiner roast.

HOSS
09-14-2006, 03:05 PM
just got 15pds of boiled "California" crawfish from Fisherman`s Cove. They just can`t grow them like the pond scum down here can.

HOSS
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Saints

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok, Nagin was right on! The interview was all taken out of context. And you know what? Ground zero is still a hole in the ground. How much has been spent on that? How many people have been affected by Katrina? Ten times the amount. The houses in the street couldn`t be knocked down. Nagin wanted to start sooner and be done with it but nigger lawsuit with nigger attorneys delay the whole phucin process. Get your chit straight before you open your phucin mouths. :mad:
These are nigger lawyers defending niggers in court and suing as to stop demolishion before they have time to get their stuff.
Being mad is one thing but you make it appearant that all blacks are NI****S:mad: That is bull$hit hoss. I have never done a phucking thing to you. Your a sick individual..........

HOSS
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Being mad is one thing but you make it appearant that all blacks are NI****S:mad: That is bull$hit hoss. I have never done a phucking thing to you. Your a sick individual..........
Yeah I am. :cool:
But here`s the deal. Have I mentioned you! Specifically. Nagin is black. I`m defending him the ENTIRE thread and still do! But here YOU are making the common nigger mistake. Getting involved,,in fact,,throwing yourself in the middle of something you have nothing to do with and no nothing about! Why? Does this pertain to you? Do you consider yourself like the niggers down here and that have been on tv? Your not stupid,,you know what I`m referring too! How many white people do you see doing this very thing that you are doing now. VERY PHUCIN seldom pal! Whitey lives and lets live. NIGGERS don`t! And remember,,you or now maybe ya`ll (you chose to throw yourself in this pal,,no one else but you!) need to convince every single race on the planet after whitey that you can be of positive influence in a civilized society. Generally speaking of course.
See ya around the golf course slick. I`ll be the one eating saltines.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
See ya around the golf course slick. I`ll be the one eating saltines.
and I'll be bumpin' hip hop drinkin' a 40oz of colt 45 in your eyes:rolleyes:

'75 Miller
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
and I'll be bumpin' hip hop drinkin' a 40oz of colt 45 in your eyes:rolleyes:
Further proof that sometimes though you may get the black man outta the ghetto you can't always get the ghetto outta the black man.
Titleist in the hizzouse I guess.