PDA

View Full Version : Is dec the time?

gmejia
08-25-2006, 08:09 AM
In dec do you think you can get a used boat for a killer deal or will they hold off till spring>>>

ChumpChange
08-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Personally, I think that just after summer would be the best time to have deals. "Killer" deals though? I guess it depends on who is selling. Nobody wants to take a loss and with interest rates not rising for the first time in some fourteen months, people might become more comfortable with that payment.....at least until rates go up again.
Remember, if rates do go up and you are looking to finance the boat, the small amount that you might get off the purchase price, you will then eat with a higher interest payment.
I for one see myself selling my boat at the biggest discount right now. I don't plan on using it much more for the rest of the summer and I really don't feel like carrying the cost of storage through the winter. Like I said though, it all depends on the seller and the reason for sale.

Jyruiz
08-25-2006, 08:29 AM
You might, if you even find something. when I was selling my previous boat, I took it off the Trader for the months of December and January, why? Cause I did not want to take a loss. So I put it back on the Trader during the LA boat show and it sold 3 weeks later for a little more than what I originally asked for during Oct. and Nov.

ChumpChange
08-25-2006, 08:32 AM
You might, if you even find something. when I was selling my previous boat, I took it off the Trader for the months of December and January, why? Cause I did not want to take a loss. So I put it back on the Trader during the LA boat show and it sold 3 weeks later for a little more than was I originally asked for during Oct. and Nov.
Agreed. I did this with my previous as well. If you wait for the boat shows to come, you can sell your boat off the adrenaline of people going to look at all those new boats. Price your used boat just a little under the cost of the boat show prices and it should be gone. People see the boat, don't want to wait for the mold to be open and the used market benefits.

syke-o
08-25-2006, 08:33 AM
what size and price range are you looking at? it seems the $100k plus boats are going for alot less than what they were bought for.. you can find a ton of them right now too..

phebus
08-25-2006, 08:34 AM
The key when buying used, is to find what you are looking for. If and when you do, and the price is fair, pull the trigger regardless of the time of year.
On the other hand, if you are just looking for a deal, and not specific on what you want, I feel either right now, or right after the LA Boatshow are good times to buy.

a catered life
08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
buy in sept and oct better deals when we bought ours the price's were better in those months and a lot more to choose from

Mandelon
08-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Buy in winter sell in late spring. The dealers with trade ins want cash, not boats. Especially in December....No one is buying boats then. They still have bills and overhead to pay. Go in and work a deal. Sell yours as the weather warms up, starting around the boat show.
There's a ton of used boats for sale.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Hell, buy mine now, save me the storage fees for the winter. :)

Deano
08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Good deals on DCBs right now. Im planning on selling my boat in a while and picking one up. I think I can finally, almost, justify the price being that I am in the water almost every weekend now. Are you looking for a deck boat? :rolleyes:

gmejia
08-25-2006, 09:21 AM
those dcb's are sick.....i dont think i can do 9000 in ins a yr thats a grip ...ive been lookin for a boat for 9 mo now i see some and almost jump but i wanna be 100% satisfied...deck or cat.. :rollside: