PDA

View Full Version : Who has a black boat?

jimthetoolman
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Got my Hondo put together and painted Black. Looks great but as soon as you put it in the water you can see all the scum from the river on the sides. Is there some type of teflon or something you could coat the paint with so nothing sticks? Any help would be great.

MAXIMUS
08-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Best color hands down for frying up some eggs & bacon on a hot summer day! Unfourtunatly black is black. Most difficult color & definitly the baddest of bad! :)

olbiezer
08-25-2006, 09:27 AM
where are u running that black boat at anyway? u cant get any dirtyer water then mississippi and i never have to do anything special to get it cleaned up after a outing.....maybe its the difference between gel coat and paint...... :) :rollside:

jimthetoolman
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Sacramento river, hogan, camanche they all have filmmy stuff in the water .

jimthetoolman
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM

fleetimus
08-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I keep a bottle of the orange cleaner handy. I have not found a thing to help with the crud. You gotta love the black!!!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3150/4155HPIM0460-med.JPG

76ANTHONY
08-25-2006, 04:06 PM
my boats white but i have the same issue in blythe, i use DUCKY its a waterspot remover and it works awsome..

jimthetoolman
08-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Where would I find DUCKY?

jimthetoolman
08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Your not talking about hand cleaner right? What type of orange cleaner?

YeLLowBoaT
08-25-2006, 09:20 PM
No wonder the sac river.... I won't get in the water if you paid me.

fleetimus
08-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I uase either Fantastic or 409 cleaner with orange. Nothing is going to keep it off the boat!!

Moneypitt
08-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Best color hands down for frying up some eggs & bacon on a hot summer day! Unfourtunatly black is black. Most difficult color & definitly the baddest of bad! :)
Black boat, Havasu 114 or so and BLISTERS on the deck..........A different boat, the PS89 was black, Billy painted it, called "Dark Star" with an indian maiden on the deck. Phoenix, 104, black asphalt pit, black crew shirts and hats, black boat, no EZ up or cold water,(first team race), added up to almost dying. I would suggest you keep that deck out of the hottest sun.......And drink plenty of water when you're around it. Yes black is a cool color, when talking colors, but it aint cool when you're talking temperatures.........MP

mouzer
08-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Black boat, Havasu 114 or so and BLISTERS on the deck..........A different boat, the PS89 was black, Billy painted it, called "Dark Star" with an indian maiden on the deck. Phoenix, 104, black asphalt pit, black crew shirts and hats, black boat, no EZ up or cold water,(first team race), added up to almost dying. I would suggest you keep that deck out of the hottest sun.......And drink plenty of water when you're around it. Yes black is a cool color, when talking colors, but it aint cool when you're talking temperatures.........MPYou forgot MOUZERS SS63 The BLACK PEARL! :p i have nt had that problem its called (dont put your boat in the water) hahahah mp.beat ya to my own insults,hahahahahahah

Coach
08-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Here is a company that does boats in San Diego
http://onsmartpages.com/techformulascarsalon/homepage/
http://www.tst5k.com/
Here is the article I found about a black boat that used it.
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=713

Moneypitt
08-27-2006, 07:50 PM
You forgot MOUZERS SS63 The BLACK PEARL! :p i have nt had that problem its called (dont put your boat in the water) hahahah mp.beat ya to my own insults,hahahahahahah
So now you're telling stories on yourself? I would not have known the 63 boat was still dry until you told me. For all I knew Lil Rick was already giving you driving lessons, had the boat all dialed in, and are going to show up at Ming September 29th to race the weekend. But alas, you have exposed yourself as a "non doer".....that is someone that doesn't do.......Hell bring the boat, we'll find a hired gun to wring it out..........Ray
PS: How about you Rick, you a doer, or a non doer??????

mouzer
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
LIL Rick is waiting for me!!!!!to show him!!!!!!how its done! He is gonna be a follower!!!!! :p (Just Kidding big guy!)

rich
08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Protect All is what i use on mine it works great you can get it at rv stores or west marine i think they carry it also, i run Hogan almost every weekend just pull the boat and wipe it down good luck.Rich

vee-driven
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
this reminds me of a black boat story my dad told me when i was a kid, he was in havasu in the middle of the summer with some buddys and a guy jumped into his black boat at the dock with black interior and a chrome chain steering wheel, the guy jumped out faster than he jumped in, wish i could have seen that, does leave one hell of a visual though.