PDA

View Full Version : V-DRIVE REGATTA CANCELLED: BUT....

Kurtis500
07-02-2002, 03:59 PM
Since there were hardly any registrations the regatta was cancelled. I talked to Jokers Wild and they said not enough people pre-registered. I didnt know this before, but they need a certain amount of money up front to make the event happen. Had I known this myself and my friends would have pre registered and not waited to get there. He said there is a possibility, not confirmed, that it can be done in early October if there is enough demand and people to register up front. If you support this idea I STRONGLY suggest calling Jokers Wild and letting him know. The number is 928.680.0265

SK48
07-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Just go to the biggest & oldest V-drive get together of them all. The September V drive social at Red Rock in Parker. It's been happening at Parker for nearly 20 years. Used to be at Blue water until about 10 yrs. ago and it moved to Red Rock. Its always the third week of September, Monday through Friday. The best part is no one is trying to make a buck. It doesn't cost anything and Don C'ucci provides dinner the last night.
There were around 150 plus boats last year.
If you need information contact Brad Cooper at River Speed & Sport 760-922-6868

SPECTRABRENT
07-02-2002, 07:30 PM
THat sucks, I already have my room reserved at Bluewater. I think the the low turnout might be that its a mid week regatta.
Brent

Costello
07-02-2002, 08:25 PM
Not enough pre-registered??? WTF???? Everytime I checked, up until the time I decided "screw this event I'm not going", there was never any pre-registration available on their website. I was ready to make a 14 hour one way tow to attend, but nobody seemed interested. I agree with Brent also, mid-week was lame. Point blank....the promotion of the event was weak, and that's being nice. I practically begged the folks in charge to come on here and fill us in and the replies were very lackluster such as ...."Call Jim Wilkes". I don't want to call Jim Wilkes, he charged Jetboatguru $680 labor to change C500 gears!! Wrong guy to gouge, he knows too many people. Hell, he's even a fellow ***boat columnist now!!!...DUHHHH. ***boat magazine, and more importantly, this website should have been used to sell the hell out of this event, and neither were used well at all IMO.

Kurtis500
07-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Spectrabrent thats exactly it I believe. I talked to Jokers Wild (cant remember his name but I think its Tony or Troy or something close) today and there were 20 boats registered. They needed 80. I was VERY disappointed since the others were a great deal of fun. The mid week was to keep everyone from sinking thier flat or hydro. The idea was right, but... He said if he felt there was enough interest it may still happen, but later. Jokers Wild is a one man show, so there isnt different people to talk to. He really wants to do it so if everyone who wants to will call and express interest in it the event may go in October.

Dans66Stevens
07-03-2002, 05:27 PM
$680???? To change C-500 Gears???? Holy SMOKES!!!!!!!! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleyes/rolleyes02.gif

boatguy222
07-03-2002, 05:43 PM
They were the Solid GOLD ones that Andy makes for the C-500.

howard21
07-30-2002, 12:08 PM
sk48 - I agree about the sept. regatta. i went for the first time last year, and I had an incredible time. lots of cool people and very fast boats. i'm surprised more people aren't talking about that trip on this forum.....

63stevens
07-30-2002, 04:26 PM
people have been talking about it, but i think the closer it gets to reality the more people will jump on the band wagon

Infomaniac
07-30-2002, 06:39 PM
howard21:
sk48 - I agree about the sept. regatta. i went for the first time last year, and I had an incredible time. lots of cool people and very fast boats. i'm surprised more people aren't talking about that trip on this forum.....Just a few messages down
V-drive social thread (http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000800)

Kurtis500
08-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Anyone here go anyways last week? I did, saw a couple guys driving around.

WILDERTHANU54
08-06-2002, 06:49 PM
JUST GOT MY BOAT TUNED-IN FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
GEOFF

HM
08-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Kurtis500:
Anyone here go anyways last week? I did, saw a couple guys driving around.I saw 63Stevens there, and a couple others. I was there in the family MasterCraft, instead of the flatty. Saw lots of blown river cruisers!

Kurtis500
08-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Me too, I showed up in my stern drive family gig. Got there on Tuesday and WOW, what a wind storm. Had waves over my bow in that big boat. I feel sorry for the guy who drove from Missouri and only found out about the cancellation a few days earlier. (said they couldnt read his phone number) Nice pic of Pam Anderson on the deck of his boat.

WILDERTHANU54
08-06-2002, 08:56 PM
THOSE STORMS ARE THE BEST PART OF MONSOON SEASON. WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT FOR HOURS/DAYS, THATS WHEN SHIT GETS REAL FUN. WHEN YOU SEE THE CLOUDS GET DARK AND CLOSE. IT'S GONNA HIT, SO GET OFF THE RIVER BEFORE YOUR TOAST, AND GET THE EZ-UP DOWN!!!
GEOFF